How loud is a flashbang? I see that they're in the 170 dB range, but I have no real feel for how loud that actually is

How loud is a flashbang? I see that they're in the 170 dB range, but I have no real feel for how loud that actually is.

Attached: M-84-Flash-Bang-Grenade.jpg (144x187, 22K)

A jet take off at 25m is ~140db and can rupture your ear drums

If I were in a room and somebody threw one into the next room, would it affect me?

How does it compare to an indoor gun range? For example someone shooting a 7.62 a few lanes away?

it's so fucking loud that without heavy duty hearing protection, sunglasses or goggles to help with the flash and a lot of experience being near flashbangs, you're going to be 100% incapacitated for enough time to allow the guy who just threw it to come in and kill you

realistically your best bet in countering flashbangs is ambushing the people coming to kill you before they can stack up and breach

Its loud af, the concussion rattles your teeth.

>you're going to be 100% incapacitated for enough time to allow the guy who just threw it to come in and kill you

How long are we talking here? 30 seconds? Five minutes?

Probably not as much

Less than 10 seconds. But that's plenty of time.

you're going to be pretty much down and out for 15 seconds or so, and the people tossing them in are going to breach immediately after the flashbang goes off

invest in some security cameras and light them the fuck up through the walls as they approach, once they get the flashbang in you're fucked outside of triggering an IED

12 gauge muzzle report is about 160 dB. At 170 dB, a stun grenade would be twice as loud. If you've ever had the misfortune of someone firing a 12 gauge near you while your earpro was out, you can imagine how bad it'd be. You'll probably become extremely disoriented, have spots in your vision, and might even feel nauseous. Perhaps a vasovagal response where you just pass out.

If you're getting flashbanged without ear and eye protection, you're fucked. Ambush your attackers before they've stacked up and set up a breach.

I nearly accidentally'd my own head with a Saiga-12 once, that shit was super disorienting, especially since I wasn't expecting it. You telling me a flashbang is twice as loud? Hot damn that is fucking impressive.

Attached: 1547457062437.jpg (400x369, 26K)

That's way too short, 10 seconds may be for top tier operators who are trained to deal with that shit

Its loud but only good for indoor. Outdoor needs 3-5x payloads for the same deal

Attached: e5.webm (640x352, 265K)

>170 is twice as much as 160
Thank you common core

DB probably doesn't scale linearly.

dB scale is logarithmic, something that's 100 dB is ten times as powerful as something that's 90, which is ten times more than 80, etc.

10 seconds after being flashes a lot of people with guns come in from that door. 5 seconds is enough to make them take over.

What if you flashbang them first and then run away? How long have you got?

>170 is twice as much as 160
>what is a logarithmic scale?
It's three times louder.

in the middle of the open? its never gonna be effective. If you flashbang someone and then leave? a little bit more.

Its not just 10 seconds of absolute desorientation, its the aftermath of that person having little balance, not good hearing, probably blinded for a while, and then he's gonna have to fucking chase you. He wont be at his best.

Its no problem to eat a flashbang with earpro at 3-5ft away. The flash only a problem in darknes.
Had more than 200 explosions and a flashbang is just shit

In a room, without earpro.

Thats bad. Pic related has the original (or stronger) chemicals inside. Its 2x payload. What do you think will happen to the can ? Imagine getting that shockwave inside a room...instant headache, your stomach hurts and you feel like 20 dicks running over you while gangbanged. Its just game over for >6s

Attached: f.jpg (5312x2988, 2.9M)

I had one go off about 2 feet in front of my face in pitch darkness after it bounced off a tree (thrown by someone else during a training mission) to initiate an ambush. I was mid Sprint and it disoriented me so bad I ran smack into a tree and laid on the ground for a good 20 seconds laughing/moaning. I already had Tinnitus by that point from other reasons so it's hard to tell if it had any lasting effects.

Note as well that I had no earpro on. Ringing went away in about 2 minutes completely and the ringing was only an issue for ~10 seconds. The big issue was the sight. If you've ever stared at a flashlight and then closed your eyes that Gian spot which you can't see through for a bit except x30

When you see a white spot in your screen and its covering +60% the flashbang was good :3

Attached: f1.jpg (5312x2988, 860K)

I can't even express how fucking stupid you are.

Roll your own and find out.

Attached: flash recipe.png (1440x929, 143K)

Do you need a chemical help for this or what ?

I remember your post from before, user. Did you ever post your recipe? If so, I missed it and I would appreciate it if you could post it. I'd love to try a new mix.

Attached: 1523045943153.jpg (720x1280, 259K)

How often did anyone ever have time and materiel to do all this bullshit?

You'll want an initiator charge for reliable ignition, but that's easy enough to do. I forget exactly what it is, but I think a 50/50 of potassium nitrate and powdered sugar will do it. Or a small charge of golden powder with a tiny bit of the above that's set by a fuse. It would be overkill as fuck, but this is Jow Forums. Don't blow off a hand, and if you do, post pics pls

>I remember your post from before, user. Did you ever post your recipe? If so, I missed it and I would appreciate it if you could post it. I'd love to try a new mix.
Why not ?
This is for flashbangs:
45% KClO3 or 4
25% Al dark german
30% Mg 170-100 mesh
This shit is a pain in the ass to watch pic related (press stop)

Sure, but you mixing some stuff. It has a 1step break, not a burstcharge like a Carl-Gustaf AP
Dont Ask

Loud as fuck. When I was young working in a prison I volunteered to be a guinea pig for a training excercise between our SWAT team and the State Patrol's SWAT team. I was in a room pretending to hold hostages and they rolled a flash bang under the door and it rang my bell pretty good. I was completely out of it for at least five seconds and pretty dazed for the next twenty or so. That was enough time for the team to come in and knock me on my ass and roll me up. Shit was fucking nuts

It's loud enough to shock the fluid in your eustachian tubes and give you vertigo, which is part of the effect. If you're looking at the flash it's like being in the dark and having someone hit you in the face with a 300 lumen flashlight for a second. Usually your ears don't rupture, it isn't a sustained noise. If it goes off on your head that's a different problem.

At the muzzle a shotgun is roughly 155db and that decreases rapidly with range. The actual "loudness" of anything has to be factored with air pressure to get an accurate measure of the sound. I've been 3 feet away from the end of a shotgun outdoors and without ear pro and it isn't impossibly loud. Inside a 15x15 room where you can actually feel the pressure it will really hurt.

Attached: 1551100657994.jpg (711x664, 72K)

Yeah they loud

3db increase, is a doubling in power, not 10.
So, 9 db increase is 8 times the power, and so on.

I always thought that the logarithmic scale was unnecessary. Linear is preferably, imo. But then I like things to be autistically exact and straightforward.

It's actually 10x as loud.

I said 10, not 2. Go look at the chart, 100 is ten billion, 90 is 1 billion, etc.

My personal experience.

Attached: 07022019165549.jpg (715x2391, 398K)

Who wants info abozt the terrorist flashbangs ?
They are non-lethal but work very good

yus

>I nearly accidentally'd my own head with a Saiga-12 once
Story

>nyaa~ saiga's a 12 gauge..

well shit how would you describe the decibel scale without log

The best way to try and explain it is a kind of loud that transends loudness. It is not comparable to anything I have heard. It's so loud its physically painful and confusing, and causes instant deafness that fades away with a ringing.

The concussion feels like getting hit by a physical object. And the light causes a big floating blur in your sight that takes a moment to dissipate.

>t. Been flashbanged

And yes it totally worked.

170 dB (A weighted) will cause permanent hearing damage/hearing loss.