Stray bullet hist the exposed internals and the whole crew plummets to death

stray bullet hist the exposed internals and the whole crew plummets to death

Attached: WPUjAbR.jpg (1273x699, 557K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pzWw5U3eCok
youtube.com/watch?v=MvMcsJTOYI0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how is that different from any other aircraft?

Shit if you could jettison both engines in an emergency I would rather glide crash down in that thing than autorotate down in a helicopter.

they don't don't have 2 giant gaping holes with internals

They’re just transports, they don’t land in hot zones doofus

lmao, how strong do you think aircraft skin is?

Point at him and laugh.

brainlet here - why?
>autorotate down in a helicopter
sounds great, whats wrong?
Or does that just mean
>slower but still deadly crash
?
also, fpbp

An acceptable sacrifice to Israel.

Do this without the throttle up part in the end, and then start spinning as you loose speed.
youtube.com/watch?v=pzWw5U3eCok

Or this but not a nice tarmac that lets you slide, but in what is about as protective as a ford t.
youtube.com/watch?v=MvMcsJTOYI0

Driveshaft running through wing means you can run both props off one engine. Having a wing means you're in a better situation than most helicopters if your engines go.

Perfection

Attached: wide tiltrotor v280 valor.jpg (3966x648, 788K)

This

Attached: cold-blooded-osprey-700x435.jpg (700x435, 100K)

But it can do that all on its own without the help of an outside force.

WIDER

>you can run both props off one engine
Unless the damage is to a gearbox on one side. Asymmetric lift means you are going to die. You'd probably be better off shutting down everything and autorotating. If the V-22 can do that.

>Aeronautics is one of The Architect's interests; one of many...

Used to fly helicopters in the military. Autorotating can suck and I've only done in for training in a controlled setting. In reality if you lose your engines and have to autorotate you have to catch it fast as fuck and react as required. If you wait just a little too long your blades are going to be too slow and then you can call yourself dead already.

If you react fast enough you drop the collective fast as hell and fall from the sky. At a certain height you flare by pulling your nose up and then yank up on the cyclic at the very bottom to cushion the landing/controlled crash.

You cannot practice autorotations to the ground in US Army aircraft so hopefully you do everything right and touch down decently. Not to mention you don't know the condition of the ground that you are landing on.

Implying the a few mm of aluminium makes a difference

Attached: myonlyreactionimage.png (340x406, 150K)

Wide copter is wide.

So literally the same as in a multi rotor helicopter, except the helicopter doesn't have the speed and altitude advantages of a tilt rotor, making them easier targets.
The VRS issues in the V-22 were a really stupid oversight, at most of the other accidents were caused by mechanical failures, not related to the tiltrotor as a concept.

lmao this idiot

Combat helicopters have key components doubled. Some can take a manpad missle and keep going as long as rotors dont fall apart.

in battle of zone hot finds you

>Help digest the dead marines inside
user give me back my fucking sides you bastard

Have you ever heard of intakes

Source

Except nobody died in that one, and it flew away from that spot.

Call of duty

Attached: 1541468184664.gif (93x95, 20K)

Just a fun joke man.

The only helicopters I've ever heard of coming close to this is the Hind, and even then it was the exception rather than the rule. Groundfire and downed plenty of aircraft.

retard alert

Chinooks do as well. I used to work with them. Also Apaches, as I have some experience with them.

>osprey
>cold blooded creature
Dumb crayonmunchers.

Attached: osprey.jpg (2400x1365, 388K)

Curious is the Architect’s craft

Attached: 82A34C41-381C-4991-8999-C40194208D49.jpg (1000x1133, 232K)

Seconding the Shithook's surprising resilience
>tfw technically got shot down in a Chinook
>tfw slept through it
Had fallen asleep on a fastpack of rockets. Wake up, realize we're on the ground, realize I'm looking at clear blue sky. Then realize I'm still laying on the fastpack which is still in the Chinook. Chinook was missing rear third of its roof and more than half of the rear engine tower and was still able to autorotate more than 10 miles and set down gently enough to not wake me.
>tfw the whole fucking crew forgot about me and I could've been helping them pull security while waiting for the DART birds

Those blades are way too small to autorotate with.

>helicopter doesn't have the speed and altitude advantages of a tilt rotor
Unless the tiltrotor in question has a pressurized cabin and cockpit(the valor does not) that extra altitude is meaningless.

It's not *gasp* meaningless.

*user slumps over from hypoxia*

sauce for this? if its like an osprey the marines/air force could be using it in hotzones

>VTOL
>side doors

Guaranteed that it gets used like that regardless of the intended application.

You think aircraft aluminum does anything to stop a bullet?

entire point of side doors is easier egress and door gunners

>They’re just transports, they don’t land in hot zones doofus

Then why are they trying to replace the Blackhawk with it?

That's basically my point? The features of these craft mean that crayon eaters WILL use them for combat deployments.

how would the deafening bang of an RPG or hail of bullets literally shredding off the back part of a giant aluminum flying machine while you're inside it not wake you up?

>Chinooks are stupid loud
>I mean, STUPID loud
>I'm talking "ramp gunner unloading the .50 and door gunner is clueless" loud
>passengers are wearing good earpro (in my case, muffs+plugs)
Also the bird got hit by like 7 rounds from a DsKM or similar HMG/autocannon, which shredded one of the rear transmissions, which blew apart and took the roof off. Didn't get hit by anything explosive.

yank up on collective

Helicopters are pretty thin-skinned as well, it wouldn't take much to peel one.
>be 2012
>brigade gets tasked with doing a Show of Force for some political dicksucker
>get told to ham it up
>air assault with bayonets fixed
>someone bayonets the side of a Blackhawk by tripping somehow
>bayonet penetrates until the muzzle stops it
Didn't break anything other than the skin but we had a fun time explaining why there was a ~3" long cut in the side of a multimillion dollar helicopter that wasn't there when they took off.

The aircraft posted has key components doubled (2 engines etc). There are lots of components that can't be doubled. Do you think a helicopter can fly with half of a blade missing?
Protip: it probably can but not for very long.

Id like to fly helicopters, do you think the army is a good route? Im already an nco in the airforce ao im not sure if i should try going gold in the AF, put in a pavkage for warrant in the army or just get out totally and use my education benefits

Attached: good luck valor chan.jpg (1032x1220, 258K)

Attached: CH-47 hit by RPG.webm (1280x720, 1.75M)

retard alert
trent 900 has a certification for 2kt containment which it passed...
the quantas fl32 released as much as 4kt of energy from a single turbine bearing speeding going supersonic INSIDE of the containment...

Your mother has 2 giant gaping holes

Good luck Valor-chan!

>yfw

Attached: You+re+still+feeding+him+after+the+the+dolphin+video+_4934f5844dfb84dbc32d133f26169e06.png (193x200, 37K)

>Thing stays airborne
Incredible.

I knew a dude who flew these
all he ever did was complain...

If it's an AT round, hitting a non-critical area, I can easily see why. A HEAT or cored AP round just overpenetrates against the thin aluminium, might even not even create any real spalling. If it's a fragmentation round, it's more impressive. But military helo engines tend to have some kind of kevlar liner to protect against shrapnel and contain engines in the event of failure.

Aircraft skin =/= turbofan engine casing

t. Pilot

But they aren't and haven't. Mayhaps you should actually dig down and find the reality.

>TFW We might get an air wolf sequel out of this plopter.