Thoughts on sks?

I love the sks for its history and style, as well as the tacticool potential pic related. Would you guys recommend it for a first gun?

Attached: Screenshot_20190303-215713.png (1080x1920, 270K)

Yes, but you've gotta JB weld the optic on to have it hold a zero

It’s a great first gun, but tacticooled SKS rifles are a disgrace

No he has to JB weld a rail to the top cover and then JB weld the top cover, won't hold a zero otherwise

In the off chance this is serious, no. Unless you really want want one for the sake of having an sks, they arent worth the price if you wanna bubba one with some shitty tacticool garbage like a retard. Just get an ar or if it must be combloc, a used wasr if you want something modern. Otherwise keep an sks as is.

Pathetic larp, you need to be 18 here.

Honestly they are kinda cool. Idk if it's worth dropping the money on it. Don't let us stop you from your Escape from Tarkov larp.

If you tacticool an SKS not only are you a dumbass but I'll more likely kill you with my wood furniture iron sighted SKS

I believe the only modification that is approved is the use of a 30 round magazine

this isn't fucking PUBG you don't do that shit to a SKS

but when SHTF i need to make headshots before the blue circle closes

what SKS do you guys recommend? kinda wanted to cop a soviet era russian one

if you're gonna do that to an SKS, you'll need a pure one to balance out the sin in your life

is $275 worth for a 1953 russian with the bayo lug ground off?

Het

If you're looking to pay out the ass that's a good idea. Classic firearms has norincos right now for $420

good lookin out, user

Listen to me op. If you're gonna get an sks and you've got the proper funds, you should definitely get an sks-d over older models unless you're specifically looking for a classic.

Reason? The classics are great, nothing wrong with them - BUT the sks-d will accept standard AK mags instead of having to fingerbang a measly ten rounds in there. Just saying.

b-bros?

You can find one for about tree fiddy with the bayonet lug still there.

Unadulterated SKS's are are classic. If you want a first gun you can tacticool get an AR.

Attached: BRM.jpg (473x206, 13K)

Nah. I'd recommend a 10/22 or saving for an AK. SKS is good rifle but not worth the 500 everyone wants these days.

You don't use a fucking rail you fucking retard. Job weld it to the bolt so its parallel to the headspace

>$350 for a russian sks
maybe 10 years ago. They go for about double that these days. $350 would be a great deal for a chink SKS even, for a russian SKS it would be a downright steal.

$275 for a russian SKS w/o the bayonet lug is a good price - as long as you personally dont care about the bayonet, and as long as the rifle is in great condition. If they ground the lug off, it probably was a total range slut. You will need to make sure the rifling is in great condition and not all worn out.

Depends on where you live. If you live in a fascist faggot state like NY or Cali, then yeah, an SKS is one of the best semi auto rifles youre allowed to have. If you live anywhere else that actually abides by the constitution, then you should just get an AR because they are pretty much around the same pricepoint these days.

SKS are great for what they are though. They are just an extremely simple, basic, tough rifle that has acceptable accuracy. A downside though is that it is fairly heavy for its size, and all of that weight is towards the front rather than balanced throughout. It also has a very short stock, so unless you are a manlet or have several inches of clothing on, it can be sort of awkward to shoulder Some would argue that the fact it uses ammo produced primarily in russia rather than domestically is a downside, since it can be affected by tariffs, sanctions, etc etc.

Overall great gun, but its not really anything special. If you can get an AR where you live without having it be gimped just do that instead.

This. I'll never understand why people will spend the price of an AR trying to make an SKS look like an AR. Especially when doing so actually makes the rifle objectively worse.

Peasant gun for peasant people

>go to cabelas
>tacticool SKS for $500
>synthetic stock SKS for $400
>wood stock with blade bayonet for $600
>chinese SKS on classicfirearms currently going for $420
I think it's safe to say the SKS prime has passed.

Alabamistan here. Maybe the local fudds don't know what they're worth because I see Russian/Chinese/euro sks's for at or less than 400 all the time. Maybe I should be scooping them up for online resale...?

If its a russian SKS with matching numbers and free of defects, then yeah, thats an extremely good price. I would assume that the russian SKS' you say you are seeing do not have matching numbers, or are shot out, or otherwise have some sort of issue.

If your get an SKS, please don't bubba it like this. It's a sin against the Jow Forumsube.

I've never looked at any of the barrels too closely, or to see if they are matching serials. I see the same ones at the gun shows and stores all the time though. The demand is just really low for them here. It seems almost everyone is a hick ass solid desert tan ayyarrfitteen fan.

I'll just leave this here..

Attached: SKS Rant.png (982x578, 111K)

Yes Id recommend it, they're fun and cheap to shoot. Get one before they keep getting astronomicaly expensive, an ar 15 will always be cheap and plentiful, an sks will not.

Attached: 2018-05-20 11.58.07.jpg (1885x1060, 544K)

>detachable magazine on an SKS
throw it in the trash

>wood furniture iron sighted

literally mine, refurbished and still looks like its been through hell and back. love the gun, was just shootin it with some friends the other day and picked up some more ammo today for some weekend shooting