Gun Virginity

Jow Forums Tell your first time shooting a gun.
>be me 14
>bumfuck nowhere in canada
>at my grandfather's house.
>See his 20 gauge Cohey 840.
>ask if i can shoot it
>"Yeah sure user"
>gives me birdshot
>go outside
>Put birdshot in the gun
>cock hammer
>no ear pro cuz don't have any and how bad could it be
>pull trigger
>BOOM
>Ears are ringning
>adrenaline
>Big ass smile
>open the break-action
>ejector shoots out the still smoking shell
>smells good
>ears stop ringning after a few seconds
>earing still kinda muffled
>go back inside
>"can i shoot it again"?
pic of the gun

Attached: IMG_20180624_142322.jpg (2976x3968, 2.49M)

It was a Tapco'd SKS that had feed issues and solidified to me that modified SKS's like that were shit compared to proper ones on more than just an aesthetic level. Also made it really apparent how shit my eyesight is

>Brought up that "guns are evil, vile weapons of death that will kill all babies in a 10ile radius if left on their own. Only soldiers and the police need then unless you're a terrorist"
>moved out at 21, was still thinking like this until 26 years old
>Neighbor got the living shit kicked out of him coming home from a late shift one night
>I really started thinking that such a thing could happen to me just as easily
>Do my research, visit Jow Forums for the first time (I primarily shit posted on Jow Forums and Jow Forums)
>Get a handgun recommended for my big ass hands
>Pic related
Been a gun owner for about a year now. I'm hardcore pro 2A and my mother no longer speaks to me. My dad thinks it's awesome though

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_5291925146882_20190228_200950389.jpg (2048x1796, 1.03M)

>1year
she'll get over it m8.
You tell her what first drove your interest? Now is the perfect time to remind her it took police 36 minutes to respond to a mass shooting giving the shooter enough time to double tap every corpse and drive off without harassment

Yeah I have had every argument under the sun with her. I'm not expecting her to be a "SHALL NOT INFRINGE" type, but it all goes over her head. She just resorts to "you're a big boy user (I'm 6'6" and like 260lbs) and I know you can handle yourself because you've been in fist fights before, guns aren't necessary!"

She's recently softened a bit thanks to my dad having my back, and in a fit of anger I told her that "she'd rather get a call from the police saying I've been killed in a botched mugging/break in than to get a call from me saying that I had to shoot someone in self defense". She got all teary etc. She wished me happy b-day via text this year at least.

Singaporean here, not much opportunities for guns except the army.
Got my conscription letter, went in for basic training, got my rifle, did the trainings, and eventually the range.
The SAR-21 was a heavy bitch for my skinny arms, but it felt so right when I lined up my shot on the target for the first time and pulled the trigger.

It has always amazed me how anti-firearms some people can be. People not being a gun lover is fine, but to be so virulently anti-firearm is confusing. One of my pet theories is that people blame tools as emotional crutches rather than the people using them when an atrocity happens.

>be 8
>dad already tried to show us how to shoot via bb
>no memory of anything he taught us.
>be knowings how to shoot bolt action
>safety,rack,fire
>dad has two .22s a bolt action and a 10/22
>the 10/22 is nicer so my dad gives it to me first and my brother the bolt, because he knows I cannot into smart.
>my dad is more focused on my brother and my grand father is half paying attention.
>my dad was hovering over me prior so my mom told him to just let me learn.
>I shoot the 10/22 like a strait pull
>shoot, rack, shoot...
>my dad is counting my shots.
>he notices I stopped
>asked why I stopped
>tell him I am out of ammo.
>looks down at a pile of un-fired .22 rounds and cases
>counts them, it is a ration of 1:1
>is angry at me for not understanding a semi-auto
>I go inside, derp.exe

>be me
>dad passed away
>take his automatic .380 acp pistol from his drawer
>go out to BLM land
>fire off the whole magazine without ear protection
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

semi-automatic*

Excuse me.

>Be 19 in navy bootcamp
>Get a m9
>Pull it out of the holster and bring it to the firing position
>halfway up I take off the safety
>"You do that again im taking you off the line"

I sometimes wonder if doing so in a life or death manner is better than taking the safety off only when the gun is pointing at the target range. Must be a range thing.

First time I got to hold a gun
>be maybe 14 or 15 at family cottage
>older cousins asking about great grandfather's hunting shotgun he brought over from Italy
>get to see, hold it, finger fuck trigger because we had no idea what we were doing and uncle wasn't gonna teach us gun safety
>don't shoot because it's a family heirloom and they thought we'd blow up cuz it's old as fuck
Shooting virginity was this year
>go to range with 4 milsurp guns
>gun friend is there to teach me basics
>grab SKS
>BOOM
>startled by it a bit but also fucking awesome
>BOOM
>ok this is kinda loud being recently hazguns
>BOOM
>fuck this is awesome
>proceed to go through 80rds of 7.62x39, 20 for my nugget, 100+ 9mil, 40 rds of 6.5
Best day of life

I'm about to tell you something that could shut down an entire base, probably.

>be 7 or 8
>my dad works as a military policeman
>not going to say base because to lazy to VPN first
>they had just started using q system called FATS(Fire Arms Training Simulator)
>it used real guns that had a lazer in the end of the barrel hooked up to the trigger
>playing around with an m9
>they're showing me how to safely handle it
>they show me how to pull back the slide
>put my hand right over the ejection port
>try to rack slide
>can barely get half way because im like 8 and it's an old '90s M9
>panic because i realize what's about to happen
>try to pull back further to engage lock
>slowly, my hand is inching towards the slide going forward
>cant hold it anymore
>slide rushes forward
>hand still over ejection port
>get my thumb fat stuck in M9 slide
>instantly start screaming
>Dad covers my mouth
>base training manager grabs m9 and frees my hand
>blood everywhere
>cut my skin almost clean off down to my thumbs bone
>still have that scar from it
>still get to shoot their rifle trainer and an LAW trainer

>A few weeks later
>out in our woods with my dad
>he has a 30-30 lever action (now mine) that was passed down 3 generations
>trampling around when we see a big 'ol buck
>he's just starring at us
>I'm holding the rifle
>it's loaded with the hammer down
>I added the detail, because Marlin 30-30's are EXTREMELY dangerous when it's cocked and ready to rock
>decide in my head to shoot it
>didn't even know about seasons or anything yet, dad was going to take me when i became a Teen
>he taught me how to shoot squirrels and stuff, but I never thought they deserved it, so I never did shoot them
>but this big buck was starring at me, and something over came me
>I quietly lock hammer back
>aim and BOOM
>Dad takes gun out from my hand
>buck jumps 40 feet and runs a few steps before collapsing
>my dad audibly says "what"
>we run over
>it's dead
>shot straight through it's heart
Cont

>game warden comes and takes the buck
>he isn't even mad
>my dad explains what happened
>he smiles at me and crouches down
>says something like "it's ok son, maybe try that at the end of the year" or something
>go home with a kill under my belt
>feeling like a real man
>my dad taught me almost every day for the rest of my life
>can kill a dime a 300m with irons
>he's now out and works for an alphabet agency
>I do other things
That's my fondest memory. I think it's my first one, I don't really remember my childhood all that well

>Be anti-gun liberal girl (male)
>Go on a couple dates with a guy
>Find out he owns a Nazi marked Walther P38 that his grandpa brought back from the war
>Tell him I've never shot a gun
>He asks me if I want to shoot it
>My interest in history overrides my dislike of guns
>We go shooting
>Point down range
>Aim down sights
>Pull trigger
>Bang
>Wtf I love guns now
>Buy my own pistol
>Buy a rifle
>Buy more guns
>Want to go to the range with this guy more
>He doesn't want to
>Tells me that he only brought the P38 out to impress me because he wanted to bang me
>He doesn't actually like guns all that much
>Stop dating him because he's not into guns

I can only date pro-gun men now. Liberal boys BTFO

Attached: 1538930889993.jpg (984x674, 274K)

Is that you? I'll take you out and "shoot" "guns" ;)

Beretta is a great choice user. I assume that is a 92FS.

Yup! It was either that or a Glock 17. I didn't like the slide lock on the G17 though.

I was like 14 and my dad took me and my brother to a shooting range
they had a five-seven rental but my brother insisted on getting a fucking M1911 and my dad agreed. "we'll try the five-seven next time" they told me, but there was no next time, and when I went back there myself after turning 18 the five-seven rental was gone (there was multiple 1911s though of course).
I can easily buy one myself now but I'm not even sure if it's worth it because I still haven't had a chance to fire one.

Then buy one, fire it a few times, and them store it for the inevitable civil war. You can punch through commie's armor like nothing.

I don't remember the first time becuase i was like 4 or 5
The first time i do remember i was still a little kid, shot some scoped rifle at a rubber duck, didn't know I wasn't supposed to put the scope up to my eye, got a black eye.

Attached: IMG_4831.jpg (593x616, 84K)

>soft armor
only what police departments use for daily chores. Anyone expecting a fight wears plates and hardly anyone buys soft armor.

>tfw in 20s and still try to cock the lever action on semi-auto .22s

Attached: IMG_62201.jpg (350x389, 25K)

That is the exact same reason I got mine! Heh

Attached: 1553219113865.png (380x349, 101K)

>real range trap posting
>no face

Attached: tiresome_m.jpg (807x659, 37K)

You should have bought the p38 from him. He doesn't deserve it.

I think that's correct. These people typically don't want to believe that anyone is truly evil or irredeemable so when someone does something evil and irredeemable they go looking for an easy thing to blame. If someone kills a bunch of people with a gun, it's easy to blame the firearm because it is a foreign object to them, versus say a car attack.

>be 18 spic living in beanerland
>no legal guns because shitty country
>have relatively well paid office job for the country
>ask a friend who knows a friend...
>3 days later get an old beaten s&w off another spic, also buy 18 bullets of 38
>no ranges, so have to hike one hour into the hungle to shoot.
>use bootleg dvd as target
>gonna fire 6 rounds and save 12 just in case
>shoot first time, grinning, end up shooting all 18 rounds as fast as i can reload.
>hike back to city and get more bullets, spend all disposable income for a while in bullets to practice.

I kept that gun for about a decade till i got to a freer place where i could enjoy legal freedoms

I have a friend that was assaulted very recently, got his shoulder dislocated. It's a shock to me, because this guy is 6'3" and built like an MMA fighter. 300lb bench, easily. But the three guys that attacked him were all about his size. I wouldn't stand a fucking chance and it has me on the fast track to get my ltc and start carrying full fucking time.

SAR-21's are pretty cool, personally I've always wanted to shoot the Ultimax but outside of rental ranges that's probably not going to happen here in the states. Is there any vector at all for legal gun ownership in Singapore that isn't just for bodyguards for VIPs? Do you have Olympic athletes that compete in trap and skeet? Are their guns owned by the club where they practice?

a few years later he let us shoot his 30-06 for shits and giggles.

>be about 10
>ask dad to teach how to shoot "large caliber." because I have no concept of recoil.
>brother joins
>he shoot five rounds then complains of shoulder pain
>i'm up
>use tree as a prop
>shoot once, miss, nobody is counting
>shoot twice, my dad corrects me
>shoot trice, I hit the furthest target on the bullseye.
>he has to go check the target
>he comes back and asked what I did because I'm a derp shot.
>"I closed my eyes."

>Be 18 in Sweden, no guns just because guns but relatively liberal rules if you have a hunting license
>Maths teacher super into hunting and guns, takes a holiday every time it's elk season.
>He is mentoring class with an american english teacher and both like the class.
>Lightbulb, they are going to celebrate the end of (equivalent of) highschool with us in style
>Maths says to come to some range on specific date, even written it in the electronic schedule.
>We arrive to him and 'murican sitting in the trunk of a car full of shotguns in the middle of a forest.
>"Class, today we are going to learn how to count"
>Gives everyone 16 shells of 12 gauge, earpro and hands out eight over-under shotties.
>Short walk through forest to a skeet range
>Goes through safety and the basics of skeet and let us loose while him and 'murican go around and checking so that everything is okay.
>"user, How many shells have you got left and how many targets have you hit?"
>"user, what is the english name for this part of the gun?"
>Was on school time so we had to do something related to classes.
>Was my turn after a long wait, Load shells *fwoop* *fwoop*, Set to fire *click*... "PULL", a few tense moments, there is that orange fucker, line that boy up, *BOOM*
>I was ecstatic, it didn't matter that I missed, got my share of hits eventually.
>Go to maths house and eat hamburgers, drink beer and plink at targets with a bb gun from a window, have some fun shit to do on his lawn, play some football and shit like that, go home happy and with a raging boner for guns.
Was one of the most fun days I've had in years, if I only could find those two madmen again to thank them properly.

Attached: 1516128481476.jpg (497x394, 39K)

If only we could go back to the early-mid 1900s where people still called semis auto

>, if I only could find those two madmen again to thank them properly.
What's stopping you?

2009 spring. University outdoors club trip. University is Radford by V-Tech. Go to Roanoke Gun range. Rent Springfield XD .45 and a .38 revolver. Swear old dude running shop is Jow Forums since he keeps trying to ward me away from the revolver. Did the .45 first but the recoil was a bit much for my newbie ass so I really liked the .38. Was like 2-3 of us guys, male club-grad student and then like 6-7 girls. Had a blast, thought "Wow I'm never going to even think about misusing/an heroing with this shit, it's crazy powerful" when it'd go off in my hands. Came back to campus and saw my shortstack friend and her weedlmao bff and they asked about the gun trip. Different fucking era when I doubt any college outside of firm red-state ones would let a club take students to a gun range.

Ranges can be hyper-vigilant which can be irritating but I am happier with hyper-vigilance than I am with lax vigilance.

Living a country away, being tied down by studies, the american teacher has allegedly moved back to the US or at least moved after I did and I have completely forgot where maths lived, still have their phone number though, actually texted them after writing this, will probably call tomorrow.

>Be me, around 4-6
>Liberal parents, Jow Forums as fuck grandpa
>Used to let me shoot his little Marlin .22 with a scope off of the balcony
>Never hit anything, still was fun
>Thanks Grandpa, you inspired me to love firearms and the outdoors.

Attached: 1538440114090.jpg (720x904, 442K)

>Be me 10
>20 years ago
>Dad decides its time for me to learn to shoot
>takes out a small, .22lr single fire bolt action rifle
>Its the gun that he learned to shoot with when he was my age
My dad takes some watercolors and paints a target for me in the general shape of a bird
He quite much sternly, but fairly lectures me about trigger discipline.
Goddamn. its been a long time, I dont think I remember the actual shots, as I recall my quality time with dad.
Its something that moves me to this day

I remember the first time I shot a shotgun, (it was semi auto) I would keep flicking the safety between shots
I still sometimes catch myself doing this, probably due to the fact that i don't usually shoot semi auto

This.

People can’t comprehend how evil human beings can be

I got a BB gun for Christmas when I was 7, goofed around with that for a year, dad took me shooting with his .22 Browning levergat after I learned the basics of gun safety. He got me a 20 gauge 870 for my Confirmation, with which he wanted me to go hunting with him. I neglected to learn the hunters safety material until I was 20, sorry Dad. At least now it's killed a few deer.

>be me, age 18 or 19
>buy AR 15 with money from working
>decide to test it to see if it runs well
>shoot 3 rounds off my porch into the dirt
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>decides to buy ear protection and eventually eye protection later on
Best part of living innawoods away from people is that nobody gives a shit about a person shooting so long as they are not aiming at the neighbors

I'm too lazy to greentext. None of my family remembers exactly how old I was, but we think I was between six and eight. My dad actually said in hindsight he thinks maybe it was too early when asked about it, but I disagree. I remember taking it really seriously, it was one of the first things I'd ever done that I could tell was not to be fucked around with. We were up in the mountains shooting a .22 pump rifle, it was fun. I remember being really scared about ricochets before we went, but I really wanted to do it so I decided to take the chance. That's about all I remember, I was really little. The next time I think I was in my early twenties, got into guns myself in my late twenties. Even though my first time was so long ago I still have some fond bits of memories of it, and now the gun is mine and it's one of my favorites as a result of the memories. I'm lucky that both my parents are alive and well, but when they aren't that'll be a great heirloom to remind me of that day. Thanks for making me reminisce!

>be me, age 14
>take Rifle Shooting merit badge at Scout Camp
>get to plink with a .22
Not exactly exciting.

Also my mom cried, she doesn't know why but I guess I kind of get that. She didn't want us not to shoot, but watching your kids grow up would do that to you.

>If only we could go back to the early-mid 1900s where people still called semis auto

.25, .32, .380, .45 ACP. AUTOMATIC Colt Pistol. Automatic. Automatic. Automatic.....