Gun is being held hostage

So what should I do in this situation Jow Forums

>contact a FFL about doing some work on one of my firearms
>they agree
>I tell him "the packages is coming from XXX address from user and the tracking is 1234 with expected delivery of Wednesday"
>Wednesday passes and hear nothing
>email him this morning, telling him I see where tracking said it arrived
>he says "I received a few and one of those had no information in the box"
>I say "that one is probably mine it should be wrapped in green bubble wrap and clear plastic wrap"
>he says he needs to know the serial
>I tell him I have no idea as I have had the gun for years and dont have it written down
>he keeps saying he must know the serial number

What the fuck should I do Jow Forums?

Attached: index.png (302x167, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-common-or-contract-carrier
atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service
pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm
pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c2_008.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unironically call the ATF

Wow, they might actually be a good thing for once. Thank you ATF.

Attached: 200.0% NICE.png (371x532, 281K)

Why the fuck don’t you have your serial numbers written down.

Assuming you weren't an idiot that sent a gun through the mail without declaring it. Reread the first sentence. Tell him politely that you'll have to report the gun stolen and contact the police with the proof that it was delivered and signed for.

is that a thing

You don’t have to declare firearms in the mail.

Gee I don't know user, doesn't it seem like this exact situation begs a specific answer?

>You don’t have to declare firearms in the mail.
You do with the major mailing services retard. No wonder the FFL holder had no idea he got your gun. If he's an asshole he'll just say he never got it and you have no proof otherwise.

Are you legitimately retarded? You can ship firearms 100% legally without declaring. The only caveat is pistols through USPS which require you to be an ffl and have a special form on board with the post office.

>t. FFL holder.

See Gun Control Act of 1968 idiot.
>Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition
atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-common-or-contract-carrier

Absolute fucking underageb& trying to say he has a FFL. You and OP are idiots. And to the OP good job losing your gun, you never deserved the right.

Attached: 1526765488749.jpg (1425x1425, 352K)

>it doesn't take pictures of its guns/serial numbers when it gets them
ATF can't and won't do shit, you got assfucked bruh

Well it might have come in handy in this situation don't you think lmao

Which FFL did you use?

Just wanna make sure they are on my black list.

Bro why are you so angry calm down

>lies and says to do something illegal
>bro y u mad tho?
Summer came real quick.

Hello ATF

That's for common or contract carriers like UPS or FedEx, however for USPS it doesn't say you need to declare a firearm when shipping. Of course you cannot ship handguns through USPS

Forgot to add the link

As retarded as it seems because my state has a DROS for every gun I buy, I can always call them up to request my DROS paperwork again. If you bought the gun within the last year the store store will always keep paperwork with your gun's serial number on it. Finally look on the box or case the gun came in if you saved it from the time of purchase. The serial number will often be somewhere on it or in it.

I would, but this is a gun I got from armslist like 7 years ago. So I have noway of knowing how to get the serial.

Last year I shipped 4 different AKs to have repair work done on them and I did not provide the first serial number and that FFL (who is a high profile FFL) had no issues with it at all. I don't get why this fucking boomer fudd is trying to break my balls.

Do I need to link you the USPS guidelines too, kiddo? Because they're on the USPS site. It's considered hazardous/restricted.

It 100% is not considered hazardous or restricted.

Have you ever shipped a gun?

>why are you so angry
because fucking retards like you ruin shit for the rest of us. write down your serials next time you absolute mong.

Attached: DSC_0012_19.jpg (3840x2160, 1.81M)

When you bought it off armslist did you pick it up at an FFL dealer? You should have filled out some type of paperwork with the guy if you did and he most likely sent it to the sate. My state saves that shit for years even though they are supposed to destroy it after a few years. Just search around man, when you bought it you had to have saved a receipt or something from back then, it should have the serial number on it.

You must live in a commie state. Literally I met the dude in a Walmart parking lot, checked it out, handed him cash and walked off.

Jesus christ, thats buying a gun like a nigger. You didn't even ask the guy for receipt?

I just take a picture of it on my phone and email it to me at my Goolge (tm) account. Much easier to find, I just name the subject the model of my gun. I live in CA, they know what I own already.

How is he going to do proper taxes now??? What a loser.

Nah I didnt get a receipt.

At this point in time I was still using a flipphone lol

Aim small, miss small

>It 100% is not considered hazardous or restricted.
I'm being trolled.

It states that long guns such as shotguns and rifles are mailable and it never states you need to declare them before shipping
pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm

>e. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

It does.

I hear you man. I keep a notebook and folder in my safe that has all the serial numbers and alot of the paperwork for my firearms in it. I do that because I belong to a gun club and will sometimes keep my guns offsite in a gunlocker at the club and for insurance purposes I need the serial number recorded on them in case something happens. I was just trying to help this user find his serial number because he says he never wrote it down, often times you don't realize it but the serial number is recorded on alot of other shit besides the side of the gun. I just can't believe he literally has none of that. If the gun was stolen or destroyed he would be shit out of luck.

see

Read the link I just posted from USPS, they never state you have to declare the contents. In fact they recommend no markings should be put indicating it's a gun. Nobody wants their gun stolen in the mail.

Yes. It's for situations such as this, or if you get nignog'd on

Attached: dc3395be3b.png (563x652, 35K)

This is very true and good on you for owning a safe for that stuff and keeping then separate. I'm just giving OP and others advice as well. Knock on wood, but if someone found my guns and took the cases, they would have my paperwork as well, so hence the pictures.

Ok I got one last suggestion to help you, the nigger who you bought the gun on Armslist from...did you save at least any of his contact info? He may have written the serial number down somehwere or have paperwork for it that has the number on it.

Again. See the hazardous/restricted section.

0/10

This is what I am working on, I hope I can find something way to contact him.

>not having serial numbers, caliber and model name written down.
Call your self a Jow Forumsomrade.

>What a loser.
He is, that's leaving money on the table.

he means paying sales tax faggot.

The link I posted was from the USPS on shipping firearms, also
pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c2_008.htm

You're a fucking chimpanzee, you're wrong, that's ok.
Stop being a stubborn fucking idiot

>label got scanned for tracking
>delivery guy manages to make it to the ffl using the address on the label
>the ffl signs for it because their address is on the label
>"idk bro it's unmarked, I can't give it to you"
If it had the FFL's name and not yours, tracking number and email evidence from the shipper should be enough. If not, call ATF, if that doesn't work just kill them and take your gun back.

Also, did you tell the FFL holder you were shipping a firearm to their address before you had mail sent to them?

Report the gun stolen, because it actually got fucking stolen

Yes. I told him before I sent it to him.

Damn motherfucker, that's absolutely scorched earth. But yeah OP, do this. Absolutely fuck boomerfudd gunshop owners and their noggery.

Attached: 984947987.jpg (1080x1080, 763K)

How can he report the gun stolen without a serial number? thats the first thing they will ask for

Activate the Pentafecta of Gunshop Assrape.

>Local & State Police, “I’d to report a missing/stolen gun at Mr. Xs location” Make sure to play up its evil features.
>BBB, small business fear them.
>ATF, “I have proof of delivery but he reports that it wasn’t not received and it’s not in his log book.” Make sure you tell him you’re calling. I’ve had to call them before and they are surprisingly casual and are triggered by these types of issues. It may affect his renewal or could lead to a random visit which they can do.
>Local Chamber of Commerce report
>Google Reviews, derail their google reviews. Consider a state gun forum post.

I have had issues with getting a refund for a gun that was “damaged” and then “lost” in return shipping that I purchased from a shop out of state. It was a $900 AK that I thought I got a deal on. Turned out to be a consignment gun that was dumped by the owner and then the shop didn’t want to eat the turd sandwich after he was paid. I activated a few of these as well as Visa and not only did I get my money back but I was able to enjoy watching the store burn while they scrambled to find the gun and back their false claims. They had a state police visit. From now on dude, use this as a learning experience and photograph/document EVERYTHING that leaves in a box that you sell, return or have repaired that is over $200. My pictures were worth 1000 rounds of 7.62x39....to their lying dick.

Attached: 650822E9-B434-4BE6-8504-FC13EF5DC47D.jpg (733x430, 280K)

Oh fugg... maybe this is the shop owner's ploy? He's testing OP to see if he will ever be able to come up with the serial. Boomerfudd shop owner can play coy and let it sit in his back room for a few months. If OP manages to get the serial and send it, well hey "I was juss followin' tha law sonny." And if not... "I sent it back to ya but it must've never arrived son." and just like that boomerfudd has his own gun that can't be traced back to him ever.

Attached: 1531424469641.jpg (1080x1920, 1018K)

If OP has proof of delivery then shouldn’t that be good enough?

No, because proof of delivery won't show:
A) there was a gun being transported, only that a package was
B) any uniquely identifying pieces of info about the gun so that the police can know which one to look for
Effectively there's nothing that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that OP did indeed send a gun or even that he was ever the owner of said gun.

he could have the sender contact the ffl.
but really the whole thing seems really fishy.

OP here

There were some funky things going on unique to this gun. For example the rear sight pin was broken, the interior had been sandblasted and the interior barrel ring had been hacked off (none of this impeded the function of the gun). I know this isnt as good as a serial number, but I have an uncle who owns a pawnshop and he has had guns confiscated off of unique identifying marks alone without a serial.

I wrote them all down a few years ago after my first trap shooting competition. There were two other nearly identical shotguns to the one I inherited from my grandpa (Remington 1100). The other guys were like “IDGAF take whichever, they are the same” but I had literally just inherited it: my dad had just died a month or two before, the gun was grandpa -> dad -> me, and there was no way I’d just pick up a random one. I only was eventually able to figure out which one was mine by remembering my dad was pissed about the little decorative bit at the bottom of the grip falling out when I was a kid. Although none of the other guns really matter to me in specific, I sort of understand the other guys idea. “No, I don’t own that shotgun anymore officer, I’m not sure what happened to it.”

>I have an uncle who owns a pawnshop and he has had guns confiscated off of unique identifying marks alone without a serial
This is a good place to start if you are going to report it to the police, but to be honest they may still tell you to piss off if you can't furnish a serial number to positively identify the gun. Definitely this boomer is up to something fucky, don't take your chances. Tell the guy that if he doesn't stop this bullshit you're going to report it stolen (and you should because effectively it was stolen).

>photograph/document EVERYTHING that leaves in a box that you sell, return or have repaired that is over $200
I've yet to get got like this but document everything because I am paranoid about having to deal with this kind of shit, thanks for justifying it.

>"You have my gun!"
>>"ok, which gun is it?"
>"glock"
>>"I have literally 500 glocks in, what's the serial?"
>"uhhhhhh"

Attached: 1527532431718.png (105x143, 20K)

Yeah it's one thing to not have the serial if you've got it in the safe but another entirely if you're shipping it, something could have in transit, if you at least had an invoice he'd assume it's yours but you're not doing your part, FFLs don't want sloppy fuckers sending them shit like that they're doing things by the book

I just assumed it wouldn’t be a big deal since I communicated with him before hand, described the package and delivery date perfectly to him. Then he acts like he’s had no correspondence with me until I emailed him asking if the package arrived safely.

>have
*happen

Dont make assumptions.

Sounds like a couple of things could have happened here:
There is a Boomer trying to steal your gun
He accidentally transfered your gun to another of his customers
He has misplaced your gun somewhere (including having never opened the box he received it in and then discarding the box)
He is keeping really bad records and didn't record that your gun arrived and never bothered checking since he has a "system" and he "knows" he never got your gun.

Things you can do:
Contact the ATF and/or your state police. Tell them that you had a gun shipped, give them the make, model and distinguishing features as well as were it was shipped from. They will make an official inquiry with him at the very least and if the local branch is bored he will get a visit.
Go through things like the BBB or other organizations. A bad review when someone has like 3 reviews can kill a business like his, especially if it accuses him of theft.
Try stopping by during any hours he may have posted. Be polite and ask him to check for x, just in case it fell through the cracks.

Ok so you don't have the serial number...do you not even have a receipt from wherever you bought the gun? A charge on your card?

If all else fails, go to the shop you got the gun from and ask if they can furnish the serial number.

When I was 18 I got a gun, and within a month or two it was stolen. My whole room was ransacked and they took files out of my cabinet where the serial number was. I had to pester the assholes to dig it out (they were being irate saying it takes a long time to find, which i didnt believe, I know they have a log somewhere and I gave them the fucking exact date I bought it)

anyways, they eventually found it and gave it to me.

Attached: 1000 suns rip rage.jpg (229x343, 10K)

OP was a nigger and bought it off of armslist with no record what-so-ever

Maybe contact that seller? Does his state not require a proof of transaction? (Like I know AZ doesnt require shit)

Most states don't require shit. Only commie states require proof of sale.

Well I mean, to be fair he didnt say what state he was in.

Well a proof of sale would be mighty fucking handy in this situation wouldn't it? How is the OP supposed to show actual fucking ownership of the gun? The cops aren't just going to take his word for it that the gun is his.

Okay well..whats to stop him from say, just calling the former owner and asking? He might get lucky and dude keeps better records than his dumb ass.

20 bucks says the guy he bought it from was an actual nigger and since it was changed for cash in a walmart parking lot, the gun is probably stolen.

there was a faggot ass gun shop here in AZ (Arizona Tactical Firearms i think it was called - right near Mcklintock and Baseline I think in Tempe) Where the guy was like...essentially stealing other peoples guns. IIRC he would "sell" your gun for you, and give you a % of the profit, but he would just sell it and never call, a bunch of people were leaving pissed reviews and shit, and suddenly the store was closed. Lol what a faggot owner

Question about this like...how do you protect yourself from receiving a stolen gun in circumstances like this? If you get caught with a stolen gun, cops here arent going to give a shit - just going to take the path of least resistance and charge you with having a stolen gun.

Theres a few sites I remember, but they were forums, no real way to check a database or whatever for stolen guns.

what a shitty person

Attached: 1551934463996.gif (421x338, 2.37M)

This isnt true. I work at a pawn shop and I also have a friend who is a Sheriff, 80% of the time the people with a stolen gun had no fucking clue it was stolen. Often times it was reported years ago. In those cases nothing really happens other than whoever was in possession of it last gets fucked out of their money/goods.

Ive seen it go the other way a few times. Arizona is like that I guess. I've even seen people like...show up to get "free" materials posted on craigslist get arrested for burglary/theft even though they showed the police the ad (they claimed they posted it)

what if by chance theres a body on it too?

You're a dingus

Never seen that happen in 10 years working at a pawn shop. We get ATF traces every day, but I’ve never had them come and seize a weapon for it being used in a crime.

just curious

Ballistic forensics really is bullshit. At best the model of gun can be identified from a bullet. The majority of the time, all that can be told is the caliber group (ie 38 which includes 9mm, 357 mag, 38 S&W and so many more).

Why don't you give him a tracking number or something. Packages also have labels that have information

>didn’t even read the OP

I think the point is that the receipt would show proof of ownership and sale, idiot.

then kill him

Absolutely. I have a list that I have multiple copies of hidden around my house that has Make, model, caliber, serial number, accessories, and any other unique identifying features written down.

Nice spreadsheet. I might copy the organization of it and make a spreadsheet of my own and copy your organization of it so I have a digital backup.

You should keep a copy off site as well. I personally keep a copy with my best friend and at my mother's house. I also have a copy saved with my financial advisors secure online storage.

This is in addition to the local copy on my computer and the copy hidden in my safe.

This is why I never trust online gunsmiths.

How does one make a spreadsheet like this? which program? I'm a total fucking retard when it comes to computerps.

Attached: 1550634197470.jpg (600x501, 34K)

Xcel?

That's about as shit simple as you can go with Excel. If you don't have or want to pay the Microsoft overlords there's a number of free office suites with compatible programs.

What could OP do if the guy just straight up says “I’m not returning it”

Also who was it OP?

OP is fucked.

There was a guy a few years ago that sent a lower to a deal for a transfer. The dealer said that the lower was illegal (it was California) and decided to destroy it for the owner so the police wouldn't be asking for the owner's info. I've never heard of this being resolved though.

Also, at the business I work at right now, we occasionally get guns sent in by mistake with no notice. We don't sit on it and sent it right the fuck back out, even if we have an FFL and could technically take it in.

Not all guns have serial numbers. Even home made modern guns don't need serial numbers if not sold.