Silent hunting/poaching

>live in city
>house is in residential neighborhood but abuts a forested area with train tracks running through it
>Racoons fuck up my trash
>Opossums menace my dog
>Turkeys attack my car mirrors
>Rabbits massacre my garden

I want to murder these fuckers but I don't want to disturb my neighbors or get the cops called on me. I think I could get away with a bow in my back yard, but I want something I can walk around with in the woods that I could conceal quickly if I bump into the neighbor kids or a homeless guy.

Also hillbillies have created a snowmobile/atv course through the forest and they love to get drunk and tear around making a racket late at night. Suggest ways I can dissuade them?

Attached: removesquirrel.jpg (600x600, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=meae-vWJ7KU
youtube.com/watch?v=YqDj8yGu0cw
simple-shot.com/vip/bulk-theraband-gold/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wouldn't use a slingshot. Probably a Gammo Whisper pellet gun. It makes sort of a loud snap noise, kinda like a branch being snapped.

Attached: IMG_5193.jpg (3264x2448, 1.87M)

any pellet gun that's not a rifle is only going to pack enough of a punch to maybe get some rabbits or squirrels. It'll most likely just piss off a possum. Turkeys are built like tanks but it might be enough to scare them off, or maybe just piss them off even more. Only thing i can think of for the hillbillies is to either knock down a few small trees onto the tracks, or start putting down pieces of metal to fuck up the underside/tires. But that's a dick move.

I'm not super familiar with pellet guns, could I carry it broken open to conceal it or at least make it look less like a gun?

Just use a subsonic .22 rifle

use a live trap like pic related.
then when you catch one put it in a trashcan full of water and put a brick ontop.
come back 10min latter and put in your trash.

Attached: havahart-animal-rodent-control-1079-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 129K)

this+subsonic ammunition.

Attached: chiappa-little-badger.jpg (660x265, 17K)

Not really, you'd need a pistol for that and like the other user said pellet pistols aren't very strong and the ones that are suck so bad at cocking them they even make videos on how to make it easier.

Slingshots and airrifles work fucking great. I use a crosman 1377 american classic (id use a 22. Caliber for raccoons tough). Got alot of peststhis week

Maybe go for throwing knives? Can definitely fuck up turkeys and possums, and you can get a good 5-10 feet with minimal practice. For smaller animals like rabbits, you can go with a slingshot or pellet pistol. A good slingshot will probably kill or severely injure most of the animals on your list though.

I don't know... In the right hands a slingshot can murder most things that weigh under 30-40 pounds. Might have trouble with turkeys though.

22 shorts

Don't put shit down that will fuck them up, you might cause an accident and be liable. If you really have to, put trees down in VISIBLE LOCATIONS, not around a corner or something. To add, why do they bother you OP? Are they really that loud?

>Also hillbillies have created a snowmobile/atv course through the forest and they love to get drunk and tear around making a racket late at night. Suggest ways I can dissuade them?

do they ride their atvs/snowmobiles to the track or do they bring them in turcks? where do they park said trucks? is anyone guarding them, be it people or cameras?

Yeah, I regret saying that now. Probably not the best idea, but putting trees in a well visible area i think is your best bet. Either that or keep calling the cops over and over again so eventually the cops figure it's just best to shut them down so you won't keep bothering them.

Just man up and use a .177 rifle, or a 22, possums and raccoons are nocturnal so you dont need to worry about hiding the rifle. Most people at night dont actually want to call the cops about a single possible bang. Unless you mean to go on a killing spree you're probably only to kill one animal a night anyways.

Dead animals showing up in the wooded area near your rednecks might persuade them to fuck off too. Conversely they could be used as a scapegoat for the killings if anyone even cares.

I've been killing possums and raccoons in my neighborhood for years, no one cares, but I still take caution and only fire off 2 shots max in a night, just dont be a dick.

My suggestion would be one of those break barrel pellet pistols in 22 caliber. Just keep it in a bag and pretend to be a homeless guy.

Here's how you solve both problems at once:
.22 integrally suppressed air rifle to kill a raccoon, then you skin it, write a bunch of stuff on the inside in a language that'll scare normies, like russian or arabic, then gut the raccoon, nail the entrails, skin, and carcass to a tree with a sign that says "fuck off hillbillies".

/thread

Joerg Sprave made a video about darts and made a dart slingshot, it's a pretty good thing and a modified throwing dart with a broadhead is concealable. Make sure to balance it out, so you don't end up shooting yourselves. Also, a sling bow with a short but really strong string could let you shoot small bolts at small distances, it's pretty concealable and easy to make. If I were you I'd just use a .50 cal suppressed air gun, but it isn't that easy to conceal but great to just hunt those fuckers down from your window. The stronger ones can hunt big game so, just don't shoot a bullet through a turkey into your car window.

Attached: 7948babf-f36d-46cb-b938-93232cb2b4c4..jpg (900x262, 31K)

That works just fine until the trash guys start complaining about having to haul away so many dead hillbillies.

piano wire traps.
>Or any kind of steel wire
Not a guaranteed kill, but if caught, you have tortured the fuck for X amount of hours before taking it out with a

In case you are called out for it, say that the wire loops are leftovers from garden work.
This is also one of the most safe options legally. Neighbourhood cat owners might not enjoy this though.
If you own a yard dog, let them play with the carcass first, and say "no can do, my chained yard dog caught it"
>Remember to break and dispose of trap damaged parts
>Piano wire will cut strugglers all the way to the bone
>Mauling the affected area might not conseal it
>Dont cut, break it
Oh, if you dont keep your own pets outside, baiting these is extremely succesful
>prime placement spots are small holes in your fence, small overhangs between bushes
>essentially anywhere where a small animal might seek shelter/run trough

I hope I could help OP

>Also hillbillies have created a snowmobile/atv course through the forest and they love to get drunk and tear around making a racket late at night. Suggest ways I can dissuade them?
piano wire strung between trees

Attached: 1498692359945.jpg (657x527, 29K)

I'm pretty sure they drive them, they like to cut across my neighbors lawn on the way in and out she's called the cops, but they've been useless.
I'd be 100% fine with them doing whatever they want as long as they get out of there by 11, but they seem to love revving their engines at 1 in the morning, it's woken me up a few times.

I think I'll try asking them to stop before I resort to sabotage.

brilliant.
As a last resort maybe.

Get a Drain Blaster off of Amazon, get a PVC coupling from a hardware store, some intense big boy glue, some foam backer rod that fits into the PVC, ball bearings that mostly fit in the PVC, and a length of PVC to serve as the barrel. Read a story about how a guy used one to kill racoons, and you can easily get 400-ish FPS out of it shooting ball bearings depending on the brand. You just need to saw the nipple it uses to attach to the plumbing gear off and glue on the PVC coupler. Can even shoot arrows out of it, the FBR is just wadding. Total cost will probably be about 50-60 bucks, assuming you dont already own PVC

Attached: drainblaster.jpg (400x300, 13K)

>Racoons fuck up my trash
Wooden trash can cage.

>Opossums menace my dog
I hope they menace your ankle biting shit eater to DEATH.

>Turkeys attack my car mirrors
lulwut

>Rabbits massacre my garden
Google: How to rabbit proof my garden. There are a variety of plants you can strategically place on your plot to ward off rabbits.

>or a homeless guy
>also hillbillies
You've got bigger issues than normal woodland creatures.

Or like, just get a fucking pellet rifle.

Attached: Screenshot952017-01-16-20-59-45.jpg (864x1536, 95K)

Get a wrist rocket, pic related. They're like a slingshot on steroids. People use them for hunting
You could also make snares or traps.

Attached: R4720.jpg (388x400, 14K)

At that point just draw a bunch of pentagrams everywhere

Honestly LOVE that idea, but you'd have to make sure no one suspects you

Attached: Ruger III 2245-01.jpg (1280x960, 317K)

>something I can walk around with in the woods that I could conceal quickly if I bump into the neighbor kids or a homeless guy
Frameless slingshot is the most concealable:
youtube.com/watch?v=meae-vWJ7KU
youtube.com/watch?v=YqDj8yGu0cw

>They're like a slingshot on steroids.
You mean a slingshot on soi-oids?
If you're not going full starship, wrist braces are a crutch at best, and OP specifically wanted something concealable. Even with the folding gimmick, it adds way more bulk than a normal slingshot with a lanyard for support.
Flat bands are faster than tubes for the same draw weight, or lighter for the same speed. If you're going to use tubes for whatever reason, you can still generally get more velocity with less draw weight by using a half-looped aka "pseudo-tapered" setup like pic related.

Attached: pseudo-tapered tube bands.jpg (800x600, 52K)

Fucking hell that's nifty, where can I get a big piece of rubber like that though?

simple-shot.com/vip/bulk-theraband-gold/
Or Amazon, if you want a whole 6-yard roll of it.

Oh, that's what it is. I couldn't quite understand what he was calling it in the video. Thanks.

airsoft gun, just piss everything off until it fucks off for good

air rifles, pellet guns and slingshots show intent of harvesting an animal/poaching

>get single-shot .22
>use those .22 shorts with no powder, just primer
>shoot animals
>lifeisgood.h45

That's why you make sure you use a ghetto slingshot that you can dispose of.

Underrated post

If cops were tramping through the woods all the time, OP wouldn't have so many critters around, so worrying about what they'd think if they stop-and-frisked you and found a slingshot in your pocket is silly.
Killing possums that pose a threat to your animals is probably legal anyway, so even if a cop did take it as "intent to harvest an animal", that wouldn't be illegal.
And even if there's nothing OP can legally shoot, there's always target practice. Set up a target somewhere, and say you were on your way to/from that target.

Drowning is a horrible way to go plenty of better ways of doing it, no reason to make an incocent animal suffer like that unless you were raised by niggers and can't feel empathy.