U.S Marshalls?

Well Jow Forums, I get out of the service in 8 months. Im looking at the marshall service but i have reservations about leaving one gubmint job just to end up in another gubmint job. Thoughts?

Attached: US_Marshal_Round_Star_Badge_1024x1024.jpg (606x600, 54K)

>working for your masters

Cringe

They post their openings on USAJobs and theres rarely ever one for a deputy marshal. Hope you know someone or can wait a long time.

Most marshals I ever met seemed like total roidmonkeys who who thought they were living in their own action movie fantasy world. I used to give some standardized test they had to take for something. They looked like they stamped them out in a factory and were given uniform buzzcuts before being sent off to some tard wrangler to be indoctrinated into thinking they were Tommy Lee Jones and Wesley Snipes lovechild grown in a Weapon X lab. You might as well stay in the military. Cooler toys and probably less chance someone rapes you to assert dominance. Even the sort of normal ones didn't seem like it'd take much to toggle the switch into nutter territory. I assumed the one woman in the bunch had been airtighted by the men while they high fived and nohomo kissed.

Don’t listen to these fags. Do it. Do something with your life while helping make our streets better.

Locked up a Marshal's brother for DWI. Marshal filed a complaint against me for not calling him to come pick up brother instead of charging him. Marshal got laughed out of my station. Haven't dealt with them before or since, but this guy left me feeling disappointed.

All US Marshall field agents are former patrol officers or detectives. You will not get a job as a field agent if you do not have former LEO experience. This can be said for almost all government agency field agent positions. Post Obama era changes are really making it challenging for those without this prior experience to get jobs in federal departments. 4 year degree and 5 years prior LEO is the realistic minimum for places like the FBI, DEA, and Marshals. They dont want lawyers, accountants, and IT people anymore. They would rather train former cops to do this stuff when they get hired. You can thank former feds like McCabe and Comey for fucking it all up for everyone.

Thats my train of thought right now I think

Attached: US Marshal.jpg (394x400, 30K)

Spot the unemployed

Attached: -GTGebzP_400x400.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Assisted a marshal picking up a guy on a murder warrant once. He seemed alright.

>not working for the government means you’re unemployed

I’d post a brainlet but I don’t have one stupid enough for you

Also border patrol has a 60% failure rate from the polygraph alone. The government is fucked

The huge problem with Border Patrol was that many applicants didn't know they would have to live along the boarder outside all the shitholes we see on TV. Hard to raise a family in a community spitting distance from Jaurez or the like where you can hear gunshots from your back yard. Turnover is fucking insane. With the funding they have now with the Trump administration, things have gotten better. But they have to be waaayyy more picky with their applicants to avoid quitters.

>They have to be waaayyy more picky with their applicants to avoid quitters

How so? I also heard BORTAC is pretty fucking cool too.

>how so
Because everyone wants to be a cowboy until the Indians threaten to dismember their wife and kids and hang them from an overpass.

What about the air marshals?

I would sooner join AFOSI. Worst fucking agency, stay away.

Jokes on them, I'm already a virgin.

elaborate

Credit checks, polygraphs, multiple interviews, interviewing friends and family, interviews with former employers. You need to show that you can handle responsibility before you apply to LEO agencies; military service, college degrees, or many years with the same employer are a huge plus. Being a minority or bilingual helps, but not as much as it use to. They need people that wont burn out. Going back to the original OP post, that's why you need to be a cop before you are a Marshall, FBI, or DEA. You are going after the most dangerous criminals in the nation, you need former experience. Border Patrol will give you all the training you need though. So will Immigration and Customs. They are more "entry level" friendly.
Also, dont rule out a nice city or large municipality. The pay will be better, you wont have to move, and you will have less ripple effect from changing politics in DC.

horrible hours and work culture

Ayy me too.

Attached: 1517901210847.jpg (813x551, 163K)