Would you a railbike when shtf?

would you a railbike when shtf?
while hordes are roaming the highways
you can safely avoid them on rail :3

Attached: 1552704011030.jpg (500x375, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=viSJsOUCGu4
youtube.com/watch?v=zCKvEnoBAzE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krajina_Express
youtube.com/watch?v=zfkyRWjeOkw
youtube.com/watch?v=7N3FJ3RpWcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

only if it has a bell.

Would you really need a bell in this situation: youtube.com/watch?v=viSJsOUCGu4

KIA by freight train.

Attached: UP.jpg (1280x720, 227K)

Yes. Also, it better have a basket you pussy ass bitch.

>shtf
>freight trains are still running
wut

SHTF
Steals train
Runs funs

You telling me you wouldn't want to travel the country with a group of freight train bandits pillaging new lands at every stop

Czech Legion Pt. II

Yeah, because the average person knows the myriad of things you need to do to run an engine

Attached: ELEPHANT TRAIN.jpg (1920x1356, 749K)

sounds like the czech legion in the Russian revolution.

Artyom! Get to the train!

>tfw gas turbine engine mechanic, but not for massive diesel engine.

Time for a career change

Attached: 4B8AD0C1-F248-4B65-9B62-49B818B4DF9E.png (418x479, 250K)

Railroad Retirement is a hellava benefit. Id avoid all of the class 1s but BNSF right now, because they are all trying out precision schedule railroading which means that they basically fire as many people as possible.
>tfw BN freight conductor

Attached: Ian Tankgewehr.jpg (230x219, 10K)

Would an A&P help at all?

No idea what that is, and mechanics are a completely different trade/union than what I am apart of. I know they get paid well, and have damn near a 3 year apprenticeship before they let them out on their own. Im also in a podunk terminal on the great plains

Oh, alright. I’ll have to do some googling then.

Airframe and Powerplant?
I can see that helping a little.

Also if you are former mil, all of the fucking railroads will damn near instantly hire you

>group of freight train bandits pillaging new lands at every stop
This sounds comically easy to counter. The minute anybody figures out that you're doing this, you're done. Just fuck up the rails.

I run out of Cherokee Sub, and can confirm
>keep em pushing boys

Is that BN?

Bump

>not creating an armored train

Attached: 6529C2A5-886F-465B-B8C3-59C1CE78AB41.jpg (1280x514, 143K)

Just find the keys

Based elephant

No. I'll just do regular bike stuff when shtf.

Plenty of other people will follow the rails. People that will either try to take advantage of me, or people I can take advantage of.

Autonomous operation is coming.

i could figure it out.

a bit off topic, but do those fat tire bikes do okay off trail across county or are they just crap?

Its actually no as easy at it seems. It would be better to just have a stronger defense than wasting time and resources to maybe derail a train. youtube.com/watch?v=zCKvEnoBAzE

You will eat shit when something blocks your path.

if you want a more modern example the serbs made one in the 90's
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krajina_Express

Attached: krajin14.jpg (490x604, 55K)

I remember that fucker,we also destroyed their armored train in Gracanica,shit was wild

Gradacac not Gracanica,I fucked up

Attached: 12B91DFB-C122-41C4-B710-7CBF4F00FD9F.jpg (296x378, 19K)

>implying securing the rail line between the closest oil field/refinery to geographic location wouldn’t be your top priority

>BN freight conductor
Same here bro,
Avoid the north west division though. Absolute shitshow.
Municipal rail lines are pretty cool to work for. BN goes way out to fire people.

youtube.com/watch?v=zfkyRWjeOkw

They'll always need a guy on board imo for redundancy. One guy even if he's a skilled and highly paid tech, isn't gonna cost that much. Who is gonna phone in unexpected issues? Are you really gonna fly someone way out to go fix something potentially minor and waste precious time? Or just put a guy there who can fix issues on the spot.

F

>gas turbine engine mechanic
>Time for a career change
Why?
>The GT1-001 freight GTEL, introduced in 2007, ran on liquefied natural gas and has a maximum power output of 8,300 kW (11,100 hp).[15] The locomotive has a B-B-B+B-B-B wheel arrangement, and up to three GT1s can be coupled. On January 23, 2009, the locomotive conducted a test run with a 159 car train weighing 15,000 metric tons (14,800 long tons; 16,500 short tons). Further heavy-haul tests were conducted in December 2010.[16] In a test run conducted in September 2011 the locomotive pulled 170 freight cars weighing 16,000 metric tons (15,700 long tons; 17,600 short tons).[17]

Attached: gt1-001.jpg (3624x2127, 754K)

Attached: gt1h-002 (2).jpg (1600x1200, 1.03M)

Yes, fuck up the rails near your town, so they can't move on to somewhere else.

Do you want bandits in the hills?

There's too many homeless people where I live, so I'd rather just establish my own settlement away from them.

I believe you wanted this.
youtube.com/watch?v=7N3FJ3RpWcQ

Fuck that man, I'll just steal an empty boat near me of decent size and head out to sea for a couple weeks, I can easily build a large floating solar still to tether to the boat and make fresh water. Plus you get to have the bounty of the ocean. Ideally you'd pirate it up and move up in boat size and crew then you could sieze an island for your base of operations. It all starts woth a boat though.

I'll play some train sim and watch some youtube videos. Ezpz.