HMG STG-N

HMG just sent out an email to people who placed preorders for the STG-N asking them to update their FFL information for shipment. Is it finally happening?

Attached: stg44-sturmgewehr.jpg (500x270, 31K)

no

Didn’t they just file for bankruptcy

it literally looks like a fucking airsoft gun
no idea why anyone would buy this shit

Attached: 0520161737c-660x371.jpg (660x371, 50K)

That's Hudson mfg you're thinking of

HMG is also close to bankruptcy you fag.

I fucking hope so. I didn't buy one but I hope those who did get them and they don't suck. It is possible that they just way over estimated what it would take to get these guns out. It is also very possible that they ran out of money and have been stalling for time.

They should have just picked a caliber and got that out, then with a bit of money to work with they could work on developing other calibers to expand customer base. But instead they decided they had to have a bunch of different calibers on day one.

>They should have just picked a caliber
there's already one picked out for the

Attached: 553950.jpg (880x660, 32K)

>Notice the m4 stock
Those hillbilly chucklefucks were in over their heads from the start. Even I could have gotten the same result in half the time, and without the $2000 extras in snowflake garbage.

They better start going into damage control mode, if they ever hope to save their precious little shekels.

Attached: 18216785_1033075520125400_7894187515229288423_o.jpg (2048x1536, 253K)

why'd they pick such a terrible color for the wooden furniture?
wonder if the stock and grip from my GSG would fit on it

it looks like cheap shit

Nope, it's just another appeasement bait to prevent a rush of ppl asking to cancel preorders.

They do this shit all the time. They make an "update" that shows some minor tweak.

>Guys the rifles are done! we had an issue with the mag mold! Once done we will ship rifles!!!

When they get asked to show the production line, they post a picture of the 4 floor models they have and a rack of partial assembled guns that were posted going on 3 years ago.

If you preordered, get your money back NOW!!! You will loose everything if / when they go belly up!

>t.HMG STG preorder fag who got the refund

Attached: 1546456552018.jpg (453x576, 69K)

No, it is because Ian mentioned them in a half an hour video about failures in the firearms industry and got people riled up.

You can just make the wood a new color ya know. People do it with AK stocks all the time.

Not trying to make excuses for these retards, I'm just glad I didn't preorder one myself.

>video shows MDR flopping
>DeserTech spergs in response
>Ian McFuckingCollum puts on big think hat
>"Hmmmm... what I do want most of all in the world..."
>Makes 20 minute video calling out HMG and Hudson specifically
>HMG responds
Clever girl.

My airshit stg looks more real than that poo garbage

They probably didn't want to go with that one on its own because it isn't common at all.

>They probably didn't want to go with that one on its own because it isn't common at all.
>willing to buy expensive niche historical repro rifle
>giving a shit about ammo being over 50cpr

Maybe, but they haven't filed for it which is what was asked.

They changed it a while ago

Attached: stg_2-e1500579944427-768x234.jpg (768x234, 33K)

They might as well just have made a lookalike conversion kit you can plug your AR15 parts into. It's fallen into that dreaded "genuine authentic replica" state.

So how did the FG42 guys do it better?

Still jelly

Attached: Huzar4.jpg (329x388, 65K)

A different finish and nicer furniture would change your mind, but I agree, it looks bad as pictured.

why couldn't they put the ar stock on the cetme instead?

Attached: 1504296384213.jpg (251x242, 11K)

Iirc they spent a good while designing something that wasnt even close to an StG clone, even aesthetically speaking
And to that effect it's not like they could've NOT know what they were getting into. The StG is still one of the most unnecessarily complicated firearms ever produced, and practically all information and tooling regarding the manufacturing process has been destroyed for decades. The fire control group is like 100 parts on it's own ffs.

Because they actually made a 95%+ replica. This STG44 is nothing similar, internally or externally. Hopefully someone has the side by side comparison, you can clearly see how they tried to build it with more ergonomic controls.

Most issues they have came from the fact that they want to produce them in quantity
The FG42 costs 5,5k a pop, which means they can produce them in small batches and have it still be profitable

They charge a lot more to produce a product for a more niche market rather than sitting out a rifle meant to be relatively affordable for the average person wanting something a bit different than what everyone else has.

I don't know why anyone would preorder anything, especially something as risky as this. If HMG can start pumping them out, I'll gladly buy one. But until then, my shekels stay with me.

The way HMG came across was that the guns were going to be ready by the summer after shot show. So I figured fuck it roll the dice, they were new company doing something I thought was cool.

For a while it looked like it was on track and everything was going to work out, but then summer came / went. After that it became the non stop excuse parade with new deadlines. All of which came and went. This shit went on since Sep 2016, and just checked on the instagram and facebook site and nothing has changed. Still the same shit

Good news was I was able to get my cash back. With no complaints or struggle either, Guess they wanted to do it painlessly to prevent ppl spreading the word and causing a bank run like what Ian basically has done.

Didn't try to "improve" the design.
Didn't sacrifice historical accuracy.
Didn't try to make 4 guns at the same time.
Milled the receiver instead of stamping it.

This, the only change outside of the semi auto only mechanism was the shift from stampings to milled for the receiver. modded MAS 36 bayo, Polish / Czech flare pistol grips, and the use of ZB26 mags b/c the real mags, bayo, and pistol grips shells are nonexistent

But what's cool is that the Mas 36 bayo, ZB26 mags, and the flare pistol grips are basically what the germans used as a basis to design these parts for the FG42

BTW SMG is about to make the type 1 FG42, so the milled receiver will work better for autists

Attached: 12.jpg (912x498, 193K)

They knew what their market was, what it wanted, and didn't bite off more than they could chew.

The only real thing that doesn't make it a true to form STG is the trigger group, which holy fucking shit the ATF wouldn't let them use, and the altered stampings surrounding the trigger group that were necessary for the firearm

I fucking swear, none of you faggots are even buying the rifle, let alone an original, and are bitching about the historical inaccuracy of a rifle none of you would otherwise not even be able to fucking touch?

link?

>and the altered stampings surrounding the trigger group that were necessary for the firearm
I'd like to see you justify the radically different ribbing, considering their presence would be purely cosmetic and not impact anything whatsoever in the HMG STG.
>none of you faggots are even buying the rifle, let alone an original, and are bitching about the historical inaccuracy
Is it really that much of a stretch for you to consider that maybe a lot of people would have been interested if it was at least passable cosmetically as a replica, and since it's not they're not interested in it?

>The only real thing that doesn't make it a true to form STG is the trigger group
if you're literally blind i guess, sure

It would be nice if there were repros that were the same price as building an AR, but we're not that smart, unlike the Chinese.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 104K)