Found this on the closet floor after coming home

I came home earlier and as I was hanging my coat up, I noticed something in the corner of my closet. It turned out to be a .22 casing. A google search later, I find out it's a Winchester SuperX case. It wasn't there when I had left.

Nothing had been taken, no signs of a firearms discharge, nor had I received 24 hour's notice of entry from my landlord. I take my shoes off at the door so it couldn't have been carried in a tread, nor have I been to the range for a while; I can't think of how in the world it got there or what it's from. Beyond the curiousity of how it got there, I want to know what the hell it is, having been necked down with (what I assume are) markings from the rifling.

So, Jow Forumsunts, anyone got a suggestion for either mystery? Will be posting a few more shots

Attached: IMG_20190322_1530265.jpg (2976x2976, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MIHRugasPLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That’s for a nail gun

>having been necked down with (what I assume are) markings from the rifling.
Nigga have you never seen a blank cartridge before?

yep, it's a blank from a nail gun.

those aren't marks from the rifling, op. cartridge cases never touch the rifling. what you are seeing is the remains of the crimp.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Lmao this kid

Pic related, usually used for sinking anchors into concrete, but really it's good for anything

Attached: ramset-powder-actuated-tools-40088-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 30K)

As said, that's a nailgun blank.
You've had either a carpenter, construction worker, or a slipgate ranger in your house.

I had assumed that initially but couldn't find anything on Winchester making SuperX shells for nailguns

Attached: IMG_20190322_1532058.jpg (2976x2976, 1.55M)

your boyfriend(female) is banging a construction worker bro

Could be repurposed or blems bought in bulk from winchester to use for nailguns. If it's crimped at the front like the other images then it's for ramsetting into concrete

You know it might not actually be a blank, the SuperX blanks have a flat end

Attached: f6f12c6d18bd5dafe9ac1738bc66ea44_1.jpg (420x420, 35K)

Lol, this

thought it was a blank at first.

You got anything padlocked?

Underrated

Theres still yellow paint on the crimp, it's a nailgun blank

Is what I had assumed it was prior to making the post; but it'd make no sense since I live in a densely populated city in Canada, making ratshot for pest control an improbability.

Don't even have a girlfriend to let them in.

Yeah, why?

It is certainly a blank. It's too short to be a .22LR. Also, you can see the remnants of yellow paint on the crimp. That is how nail gun blanks are color-coded--different power levels have different color paint on the crimps.

It's a nail gun charge. Yellow marking is for the power level.

Attached: FH00FEB_POWTOO_02.jpg (450x355, 19K)

ramset gun + padlock = unlocked padlock

Check your locks bro lol

You can use powder actuated nailguns to pop padlocks
youtu.be/MIHRugasPLQ

Look at the rim. same logo.

Attached: KkMVzyxxjxanW7-kNfnDcbta4JltaKhUIdRQJrYdPsE.jpg (2448x3264, 895K)

OP that's actually a laser blaster cartridge. They sell for quite a high price on the interstellar black market.

OP is literally trying to use a Nailgun blank to get attention for a possible breakin/murder story. willing to bet that if we had taken the bait we would be getting an elaborate pretyped story or some shit.

How old is your building? has it been renovated lately? Might have been left behind by a worker and it either just rattled out of wherever it was hiding(maybe set on top of the inside of your closet door frame and forgotten?) or something. Landlords failing to give notice for workers is also a fairly common occurrence.

it's probably been sitting there this whole time and OP just never noticed until now. I mean who the fuck checks the floor of their closet that closely

Cheers for definitively solving the mystery!

It's pretty old but my unit is relatively new, having been split from a two bedroom unit. There's no place for it to really rattle loose from, since the closet has no framing/shelving and only a cheap pair of sliding doors to separate it from the hall. It's unlikely but I suppose it could've rolled through the small stretch missing baseboard, leaving a gap between the wall and floor.

Even if they did come in without notice, I can't see anything that has changed or has fresh nails in it

I sweep and vacuum, and it's hard to miss brass against cheap laminate faux wood.

>unit is relatively new, having been split from a two bedroom unit
yup they ramset the framing walls into the concrete, I'm betting your closet is on the side close to where they split the units (though could be anywhere since they rearranged shit).

OP is probably just not experienced with guns or construction and came to Jow Forums for advice on the matter because it looked gun related. He'll be hanging around /diy/ soon enough I'll wager.

>A google search later, I find out it's a Winchester SuperX case
you're a fucking retard

companies buy them from CCI or winchester and repackage them into the boxes/brand you see on the hardware store shelf hence the headstamp

fucking soi boy has never used a ramset gun

Well damn that is a helpful video.