/meg/- Military Enlistment General

USS Constitution edition

old: >LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>LEEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

discord.gg/hmnCCTb
/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: C0544EF3-7997-4DAD-BD8B-4DD6CB815EE7.jpg (750x913, 916K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goarmy.com/locate-a-recruiter.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=74OIGDMosxs
usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524540000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR 11JANITOR

Attached: 1546103300627.png (567x413, 18K)

Can I as an Israeli citizen enlist in the US Military? We need our greatest ally to kill the Paleshitians somehow.

>Can I as an Israeli citizen enlist in the US Military?
Be a politician dude. Israel pretty much bought off Congress.

>start to get serious about enlisting in US Army with opt. 40
>have done tons of research, run + do body workouts every day
>even use a weighted vest to practice rucks to the 75th regiment's time standards
>go to recruiter website
>goarmy.com/locate-a-recruiter.html
>every single fucking person on there is a woman
>not one square-jawed badass facing the camera
Is the Army a fucking joke now?

Attached: 1509840017284.png (399x322, 42K)

If I had surgery when I was an infant could that have any affect on the chances of me enlisting?

Most of the time the soldier who becomes a recruiter has the option of either doing time as a drill instructor or a recruiter, which one do you think is easier on the person? Also people enlist just to become recruiters which is a strange phenomenon that I just don't understand.

>Israeli citizen
Seriously, fuck off. We don't need any more of your kind here. Everyone knows you're just here to subvert and get influence within the US to push your agenda.

Attached: 1543867481064.jpg (904x832, 162K)

I want to enlist to escape a shitty family and toxic environment. Now I know the military is a toxic and shitty place, but anything is an upgrade. Which branch/MOS is the least toxic?

at least theres a slim chance at one being pleasant to look at. at least you arent a broke dick like me who as to get a waiver just to join

Attached: 1518888960403.jpg (448x439, 33K)

you sound like you need a daycare. luckily that's exactly what the military is, a daycare for adults. seriously though, you won't find what you're looking for if you enlist

how serious was the surgery and what was it for... it would likely require a waiver

>a broke dick like me who as to get a waiver just to join

What for? Having a broke dick?

all of them are toxic. its really unit dependant...... id steer clear of the marines tho... it all comes down to what mos you want

Your a little baby bitch. Don't bother trying to join any branch besides joining a noose to a tree.

I had lasik, my PDA valve was sown onto my heart, and I had a portion of my intestine removed, I also had tubes in my ears but I'm not sure what those were for, this all happened in the 4 months following my birth

literally fractured my leg 6 years ago skateboarding and required 1 screw to keep it in place while it heeled, assuming my waiver gets approved im still unable to get an option 4 or 40. my waiver got sent to the tippy top of usarec and they need more info, a letter from a orthopedists saying i can endure the rigors of basic and beyond

Does answer your question? It really depends on who you meet but the military attracts a special kind of frothing-at-the-mouth retards that act like dickheads to compensate for their lack of testosterone. Doesn’t go for everyone though, so it’s really up to chance.

yeah idk you would likely need a waiver in my opinion id ask a recruiter about it, but assuming you decided to lie and make in and you had an issue they could discover that you lied about and be charged with fraudulent enlistment. its a hit or miss in your situation, you would likely have to wait months for a waiver to be approved

>Joining the military to escape a toxic environment
Kek. Good luck kid. A little pro tip for you: every environment is toxic and everywhere you go will suck shit. Get over it

Kk I have quite a few scars so it would pretty evident but thanks though.

350F here. Ama next few hours.

In relatively recent news, air force has been brought under the microscope for granting clearances to dual citizen officers. Just one dudes opinion, but air force needs a complete scrub of their security programs.

A few months ago i conducted an inspection on one of our joint bases and during a huge ass briefing of every commander, 90% did not know they had to report shit their members have done like DUI, gov credit card abuse, sexual abuse of minors, etc. Had dudes come up and say that in their 20+ years no one had ever told them reporting shit to our clearance dudes was a mandatory thing. People were coming up to us and telling all the different horrible shit they admin discharged people over. One of the guys who did know, said he learned about this when a medic he had kicked out for abusing children, was later rehired at another base hospital, because his shit was never reported to the civ side and the functional never revoked his license. One of the basic reasons you report this shit is so it goes in their permanent record at CAF, so when a security manager pulls up their shit, there will be a little do not hire if needs an investigation note.

Fucking crazy.

Holy shit, youre right about that website. Fyi, majority of public relations MOS who makes and runs these sites are female.

Yeah you guys are right. I guess taking shit from random assholes in the military isn't as bad as taking shit from people that are supposed to unconditionally love you. I'll grow a pair and just enlist so I can get the fuck out of my parents' house

Why does it seem like officers are either emotionless autists or egotists? Are there really no normalfags in the army?

t. considering OCS and reading biographies

Medical waiver just got approved for the navy, I swear in next week. Any advice on rates?

Attached: 4F102600-F77A-4618-AC2E-4C8B4FB15009.jpg (1536x2048, 545K)

>egotists
>emotionalless autists
i hate to break it to you but those are normalfags

Normalfags are rather egotistic and have superficial emotions, but they like to tell themselves, and others, that they're not those things. Think of MacArthur for egotism and Marshall for emotionless autist.

How prevalent is freemasonry in the military? I think 350F user mentioned high ranking officers doing a "rocket league salute" a few months back. Is masonry the ultimate golf course?

>I'll grow a pair and just enlist so I can get the fuck out of my parents' house
Leave your self-pity and internal anger at the door while you're at it. Sappy as it sounds, think of it as a fresh start and don't let your past get the better of you. No one cares who you are or where you came from, and all they know about you is who you are to them at that moment. Don't be that guy and remember to embrace the suck.

what do you like what are your goals etc, there is no best rate

>air force has been brought under the microscope for granting clearances to dual citizen officers
>90% did not know they had to report shit their members have done
>DUI, gov credit card abuse, sexual abuse of minors, etc
I think the military in general is trying to clean house these days. They've been aware of the problems for a very long time, and now that there is relative peacetime, they have their excuse to get strict now.

I’m thinking corpsman or anything else were I can larp as an operator

>were I can larp as an operator
ummm what? You realized theres no chance of that happening unless you go SARC and SARC are actually super badass.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=74OIGDMosxs

You just realized?

Recruiting is a desk job, figure it out genius.

Dont post pictures of my fathers ship, you knuckle draggers.

>tfw 31 year old boomer
should have done this shit when i was younger.

im a boomer and tired of my shit job. Whats a cool job i can do? i was looking at 35L but it looks like everything intel is just paper work

Egotism is the apex of normie

If you're still here, yes.

Spill the beans buddy, give the man what it's like to be around doggos.

What does a 350F actually do? It sounds like 35F but with more authoritah

when they are in heat how willing are they to let their trainer inside

They’re warrants so it’s probably a based gig

The women are always fucking them, but wont go anywhere near a man's cock

>got tight ankle cords
>so tight I struggle to stand with my heels on the floor with my ankles together.
What are my chances of my waiver being approved and was my recruiter lying when he said I can reapply in 180 days if it isn't approved if I can stretch them out enough?

It's seriously the coolest job in the world. It's not fun 100% of the time, but never have I woken up dreading work.

Absolutely none.

Do they ever let you play with the dogs?

Is it forbidden to start secret fraternities in the military?

>secret fraternities
You mean gang? Because that's what it's going to turn into.

>somehow get electrical as my highest score in the asvab despite not knowing nearly as much as I do about mechanics.

Looking to go CID here and I’ve got a couple questions.

>I plan on going back to school to get another bachelors to get one that fits the requirement to enlist as a 31D, is there any kind of grant the Army does for people pursuing a degree for the purpose of enlisting? I doubt it but I figured I’d ask anyway.
>The order of operations would be Boot>MP School>CIDSAC, correct? What’s MP School and CIDSAC like?
>Should I get in touch with a recruiter if I have an interest in enlisting now before I go back to school or would I be wasting their time?

Attached: C55DF4E3-4F7A-4F91-8B30-F4626CDFC9DA.jpg (657x792, 49K)

It's very easy to score very high on. It's based on percentiles and your average control group doesn't know how a battery works aside from 'plug in to charge' and maybe 'replace battery' if they grew up with AAs. I got 83 on EI and a 149 on EL from just knowing voltage, power, and resistance and capacitance formulas.

Yes. That's not your main focus, though. You're there to work and train. Work and train. A lot of working and training, but you do get the chance to play as a part of trust-building with the dog. Besides, the dog enjoys the training.

Nuh uh. We’d just call ourselves the Sham Squad.

350F here.

Security career field wise, air force has been shitting the bed and finally getting caught for serious shit past few years since the clearance programs got overhauled in 2015.

35L are agents, they actually go out and do field work for the most part.

Its mostly inspections, policy, and running intel support teams.

The concept of actually operating with cute battle buddies sounds like heaven

If it makes you feel any better, I’m going 0311 and I don’t listen to any bullshit zoomer music as I’m more of a Metallica fan

Attached: 904EAF35-5788-41FF-B996-767A760B8EA6.jpg (220x220, 19K)

>sham squad
Being E4 Mafia is like saying you're part of an organized group for having a driver's license. Some are half decent, but most suck and will probably endanger your well being and/or life on the job when they can be bothered to pay attention.

Nope, no grant.

Yup

Dont talk to a recruiter until you are actually ready to go. Otherwise you will constantly be badgered to sign up as other shit or peer pressured into attending dep bullshit for no fucking reason.

Pro tip, apply for border patrol agent job right now since requirements are non existant, get investigative exp, and apply for afosi or ncis as a civilian doing the same shit the AD counterparts do.

Bro203 here

Taking any USMC questions for the next few hours.

It's definitely a rewarding job, I'll tell you that. Seeing your dog, and watching how excited they get, because dad is coming to take them to work is always a joy

Why would a college graduate go reserve O in the corps instead of another branch?

Until your contract ends and you have to say goodbye to your dog.

That's why you either re-up, or keep tabs on your dog for when it retires.

Not him, but going reserves straight out of college is a great way to get specialized exp and skills to get into whatever career field easier and with vet preference.

If I were to go USMC it would be unrelated. Vet preference is already there.

Have you ever heard of E4 Mafia?How do you become a 31K? Also, would this MOS see a lot of combat if a war broke out in say Venezaula or Iran or something like that?

>since requirements are non existant

Really? I find that kind of hard to believe, what’s the reason for that?

If you get a Secret security clearance for SOF, do they investigate into medical/school stuff? Do they y’all to your references? I have to lie about shit in order to even enlist

Offers you the chance to serve but work in a field that offers more money/opportunities than straight active duty. Many federal law enforcement types are reservists because they have more control over their LE careers, but enjoy the change of pace as a reservist.

Reservists also act like independent contractors, they don’t have a monitor/detailer to send them into undesirable billets; they seek out billets and deployments as it works into their schedules.

Ok I took the DLAB for the air force today and scored a 105. My recruiter and his supervisor are putting in a request for a waiver since i'm so close the required score. Does anyone know the chances of the waiver getting approved? I leave in like 3 weeks for another job, but my recruiter knows I really want an airborne job and theres an airborne linguist slot open. My entire future is hinging on this.

Attached: 1544157905588.png (232x217, 8K)

>How do you become a 31K?
You wait for an opening, then pray that your recruiter snags it up for you. I kid you not, I was talking to the recruiters about this job in the end of winter/beginning of spring, and waited until September for this job to open up. Even then, it took my recruiter being an absolute bro, and making some phone calls. You can talk to your recruiter any time, and ask if it's open, but you'll likely get turned down like I did, and have to wait until the army new year to start rolling the dice. I wish anyone who wants this job the best of luck in getting it.
>Also, would this MOS see a lot of combat if a war broke out in say Venezaula or Iran or something like that?
You're already likely to see combat in this job. You're almost guaranteed at least one deployment as a 31K.

Dont join the military. Its a screw. Nobody gets out and says, yeah that was worth it.

Cool, do you need a security clearance for this MOS?

Yep. Secret clearance. Not a huge deal though.

>be you
>recruiter calls you, tells you to report to the recruiting station
>you walk in, there’s a pair of chairs over a blue tarp on the ground and the window blinds are drawn
>recruiter tells you to take a seat, his voice low and defeated
>”user, your DLAB waiver was denied...I’m...I’m so sorry it has to end like this.”
>In walks a pair of Security Forces, armed to the teeth, ready for the firefight they will never have.
>they walk up to you, drawing surpressed M18s
>you feel the cold inconnel and steel press against your forehead and you close your eyes

TL;DR
you’re entire future does not revolve around a single waiver, stop being dramatic. There are thousands of jobs in the military and there is always a way theough the red tape. What do you want so badly that requires a higher DLAB score?

usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524540000

Scroll down to requirements.

They need bodies is the reason. Border patrol has been undermanned at 60% manpower for a decade. Retention with them is shit because the pay is low compared to similar agencies, so many dudes rock it for a year, then dip with their fletc trained asses to other agencies with higher pay.

Alternatively, they have border patrol officer jobs open as well, with similar requirements and more options for duty locations. But they are more uniformed police at airports and shipyards vs what the agents do at the borders which are more interviews and investigation work.

>What do you want so badly that requires a higher DLAB score?

I want to go to DLI and learn a language (air force only accepts 110's) but as far as I know the air force almost never gives waivers for dlab scores. My recruiter seems confident he can get one though.

All branches only accept 110s. You can learn a language through a multitude of programs within the DoD. DLI, is probably the best, sure, but not the only option.

What job are you looking to do and what is your backup?

user I think you might’ve just given me the info that’ll really turn my life around, thank you. This sounds like a pretty solid stepping stone into a better paying agency. Question is, how do I make the most of it for experience?

I currently have an open electrical aptitude contract which I kind of regret taking because I don't want to end up with a job I don't enjoy, but I didn't want to wait a year in DEP for a specific job and never get it. My recruiter has a slot for an airborne linguist job which i really want. Hopefully he works some magic and gets the waiver approved.

Hey 350Fbro, I'd love to be a intel warrant officer in the reserves eventually. Right now I'm an active 11b. Do you have any advice on getting there besides switch to reserves after active obligation ends and reclass to the intel field? Anything I might not know or be able to find out through Google?

>350F here.
Is 35M a boring career field in the Guard?

Whats youre ultimate goal? If you just want to go straight special agent, go border agent, if you want to do uniformed police, go border officer.

Its about a 5-6 month hiring process, but its pretty fast. If you applied today, you would get an email by wednesday to start the process, then every 2-4 weeks is the next step and so on until youre hired and given a duty station with a start date for fletc. Fastest way to get hired is to be open to all duty locations. They hint on the posting as to what areas are in high demand and have hiring bonuses.

Once you actually start working, you just need to learn and volunteer for as much training as you can get, and work for at least 1-2 years before considering switching to other agencies. Most places require 3 years of work exp, but if you can talk your way through an interview, you can cut it with 2.

IMO, agent has to deal with more shit, but u get more work exp for the higher level special agent jobs. Officer deal with more mundane shit, but have more opportunities for cool leo training since they do more policing and security shit, sk k9, eod, etc are on the table.

CID here, you make this thread every /meg/ and I've answered you like three times. Do you expect different answers?

It's MP OSUT-> DST Time-> CIDSAC, it's approx. a 1-2 year pipeline depending on how backed up the school house is. Don't bother talking to a recruiter until you have a degree in hand, it isn't like OCS the boards are continuous and it takes like 2 weeks to build a packet. CIDSAC is like the FBI Academy with no budget. That said it's still an excellent school to have on your resume. You'll do fine if you aren't retarded and don't get in trouble. Whether you sink or swim as an agent is determined in your first probationary year and not the school.

This guy isn't a "pro" by any means and this is shit advice. The border patrol doesn't really give you the investigations experience to get into NCIS or AFOSI, it's essentially a security detail job. 1811 jobs are not in demend and when they hire you they want you to be an immediate asset. If you've never worked a death scene or investigated contract fraud you aren't going to be competitive.

That aside, "Minimum reqs" on Usajobs are not the standard they actually hire by, and since the Obama EOs getting hired as a non-vet into federal law enforcement gigs is extremely difficult. I'm not saying it isn't possible but don't hold your breath.

Is it possible to have a 3 on your PULHES stuff to get turned into a 1 later on? Like if your shit gets better?

350F here.

If you got a language, go for it. But yes, enlisted guard for intel will suck balls until you hit e5 e6 and can go for better trainings and shit. You have to understand, at lower ranks in the NG and reserves, you are not going to be doing shit.

Reclass to 35L once you hit e4(p), stay in until you can do ALC, then put in a packet in the reserves. Counter intel exp is probably the hardest to obtain, and worth the most outside agency wise.

Warrant officer is the long haul. If i had the knowledge when i was way younger, i would have gone officer or 35L from the get go. I wasted at least the first 4 years of my career getting fucked over cause i didnt know any better.

Reminder to all of those pissing their pants over lying about their childhood asthma and ADD that civilians actually think that confused suicidal transvestites who want to chop off their dick and get tit implants are better fit for the military than you.

Holy shit you are talking out of your ass on the DHS jobs. What do you think border agents do? Who investigates the mass graves near the border? Lastly, you dont know shit about hiring through usajobs, especially concerning border patrol.

Stay in your lane CID user. Finish your contract and actually apply for GS jobs to see how the process works before you start shit talking other peoples info.

Cont

Lmao i wonder why he deleted his post so fast?

I thought it was too hostile so I was going to reword before I saw you were still here.

Again, if you are happy what you do that's fine. How many mass graves have you worked? Death and sex is literally what we do every day. How many investigations do you actually work a year?

I had a 3 or 4 on my PULHES for hearing, was pretty much told I'm not getting in. Went to a civy hearing doctor I forgot what they are called, and got an audiogram there where the results were within military standards. They let me take the hearing test again at MEPS because of the big difference in results and I passed with a 1 (thanks to pressing the button every few seconds rather than actually hearing shit)

tl;dr
yes

>Gotta get a private exam
No monies or insurance, so rip. Thanks though.

Attached: No hope.png (451x475, 182K)

Enjoy having only girls and being the nerd’s nerd.

Hey for the record I really appreciate the info you guys are putting forth, its really insightful!

I am a girl

Sup Jow Forums
Im planning on joining the British army this year and im getting fit for it (or would be if I hadnt busted my foot the other week) but im a bit worried. Ive been having breathing issues (cough, tight chest and feeling like my throat has a big lump in it) since my work placement in what was essentially a jewish revengeporn hellhole last summer during the heatwave (because fuck humane working conditions when you can make profits amiright).
Its not asbestos exposure (chest scan came clear) despite having been exposed to that a few times in the past, and I was tested for asthma but the inhaler actually made my peak flow worse. Any idea how I can fix this and if I have a chance of getting in? I dont want to go to the doctors anymore because they are useless and it just adds to black marks on my medical record.

Attached: Asbestos.jpg (1600x1200, 602K)

Any navy peeps here? Have yall down the MAPS shit? How long would it take to do like a 4000 or 8000 hour apprenticeship? I only plan on doing one enlistment