I'm a cheap bastid. I used JB Weld to stick a rechargeable mountain bike headlight to a spare magazine cap

I'm a cheap bastid. I used JB Weld to stick a rechargeable mountain bike headlight to a spare magazine cap.

-All aluminum
-waterproof
-not too bright=good for bedroom HD
-cheap
-tough
-replaceable
-streamlined/doesn't stick out from the Shockwave so it won't hang up on pajamas, sheets, pillows, doorframes, wives, etc.

I'm a cheap bastid

Attached: PicsArt_03-22-07.56.48.png (1500x1500, 3.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/CatEye-Loop-2-Rechargeable-Bicycle-Light-SL-LD140RC-R/51023219
rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183310241585
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based and poorpilled

Attached: 1553127991553.jpg (1200x1102, 572K)

Actually, not bad

That's neat but going to break off after a few shots, don't kid yourself.

If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid. Keep dabbing on the richfags senpai.

My son's got one he's been downhilling in the Adirondacks with. It's absolutely beat to shit, and still works. He's taken some hellacious tumbles with it, dropped it in rivers, and it tumbled down a 50' rock escarpment. It still works.

I'm hopefully. Plus, it's only $17, so...

I think user meant breaking off of the shotgun. Not damaging the light.

Sticks out only a quarter inch.

Attached: PicsArt_03-22-08.15.30.jpg (1500x1293, 771K)

I don't know. It's all aluminum and screws in pretty tight. I can't imagine it going through more stress than my son put on it.

Attached: PicsArt_03-22-02.44.12.jpg (1500x977, 487K)

Breddy gud m8

why not just drill and screw or bolt it to the mag cap?

Not enough room. I would have preferred that as well, but when you screw the light all the way into the base, it bottoms out. I didn't want to chance the integrity of this connection.

Thanks!

This one would probably work, too.

CatEye Loop 2 Rechargeable Bicycle Light - SL-LD140RC-R

walmart.com/ip/CatEye-Loop-2-Rechargeable-Bicycle-Light-SL-LD140RC-R/51023219

>playing arts and crafts to save $30 on a tool for an object used in life or death circumstances
>unironic shockwave nigger
what a surprise

Loose translation: 'Damn, why didn't I think of that!?'

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 52K)

>when you're such a cheap bastid you have to say it twice.
Nice, though I'll be surprised if it lasts very well. When it dies, try to take the replacement light apart and fill the electronics region with epoxy/silicone/hotglue so loose components (like the Li-poly, which I expect is just taped in place) don't batter themselves to death under recoil.

Use whatever meme you want to mentally justify your waste of effort when your chinese light either rattles itself to death after a box of anything other than birdshot or it falls off because of the poor impact resistance of epoxies when you literally could've just taken a 1913 rail and mounted it to the side of the forend and buy a surefire g2x and a 1 inch scope ring for a total of $30 more and actually have something that won't immediately shit itself if you actually shot your guns.

Great advice, thanks.

Wow, you're really butthurt about this, want me to make you one?

Well, imagine my surprise. Looked at one of the other pics I took, and I can see the waterproof and anti-rattle epoxy right through the lense, user.

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-12.56.03.jpg (1163x1319, 308K)

It ran for 6 hrs on high.

I think their point is don't depend on it too much. The cheap mounting could cause it to pop off - not necessarily damahing anything - of the gun when shooting or in a dire moment. Have a backup just in case it kicks the bucket when you need it the most.

This is what gave me the idea.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183310241585

We'll see on the mounting. It screws in, aluminum to aluminum, just like any other light I have for guns. And I am NOT worried about the JB Weld. Not at all.

this.

I think it’s neat, and it looks good.
Need to go shoot a bunch with buckshot, slugs and turkey loads and do a follow up

Good idea OP. And a really neat headlight - I'll be looking for one of those. Keep Macgyvering.

It took me a while to find a really tough light. My 4 sons all downhill here in the Adirondacks on mountain bikes. They have these, and other brand name lights.

I've watched the gopro vids of their rides and wipeouts, and if these things can survive that, I got no worries.

But, you gize are right, gotta get out and shoot the shit out of it. I might also explore some type of mechanical attachment to supplement the JB Weld.

Attached: PicsArt_03-22-02.40.01.jpg (1651x1444, 789K)

HEAVY DUTY HEAT SHRINK TUBING WITH THE HOT-MELT GLUE INSIDE!

maybe....

>m-muh life or death!
>i have to prepare for that 1% situation in my 1% situation!

Valid concerns. I guess I could go back to torches, but the Mrs hates the smoke stains on the ceiling.

Attached: caveman-2thebreezes.gif (395x228, 592K)