It finally happened Jow Forums: I got my dream job. I can't believe I am typing these words...

It finally happened Jow Forums: I got my dream job. I can't believe I am typing these words, but I am going to be a firearms designer. I have the freedom to do more or less whatever I want, and my job description says I am in charge of researching new technologies and trends, and then implementing them as products.

What should I make first?

Attached: HK_G11_with_bayonet.jpg (400x299, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n21m6N5UmNk&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8axpaYi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A believeable post

Company or GTFO

I became a mechanical engineer partly because I was interested in firearms, but I never thought I would actually get a job in it.

They do a lot of aftermarket components for ARs and handguns, and also OEM for more well known brands.

Make something with a feeding system like the Krag-Jorgensen rifle, but in a modern rifle with a modern cartridge.

Ya know speaking of jobs, i think i am gonna leave the. bank i work at and get a cdl, do cross country trucking, get me a ruger old army as a truck gun and a 128ozmega cup

modernized G-11

Perhaps a bullpup pistol-caliber carbine of original design or improving upon previous designs.

Attached: pondering.png (631x353, 103K)

A viable semi-auto that's not a fucking AR

fpbp

What's an AK?

what is M14?
what is Tavor?
what is Galil/FAL/Valmet?
what is FAMAS?
retard

Lever action with a loading gate in .700 Nitro.
10 gauge semi auto box-mag fed shotgun.
but takedown and in 10mm.
Something really fucking stupid and with a lotta giggle factor.

>bachelors degree
>in charge of any design

Is this an entry level job? The only design jobs I've seen require prior experience.

SCAR??

He works at Kel-tec

kek, he's designing the hipoint 3.0 to use glock mags

Came here to post this

Please design a new break action revolver

>forgetting most of modern weapons are semi auto or capable to semi auto select fire

Attached: 65266D04-50E6-4C13-8EE3-C016AEDB5C09.jpg (800x616, 119K)

Automatic Triple barrel shot gun revolver with a flamethrower attachment and a bayonet.

Un-bullpup bullpups

Attached: 1548251520294.jpg (1024x768, 111K)

How about a modern break action .22 revolver. With a more positive extraction system that doesn't wear down so easy. At sub 300$ prices.
>Top breaks are neat fuck you.

Make a Thicc p90 chambered in .223
>Five seven is good, but supply could dry up.

Under slung dildo launcher
>Non lethal options

Wrist shotgun you punch with to fire. But has a counter recoil system that won't burn, maim, or kill you.
>Because anime

Glockatana
>Fuck it why not

Man portable single shot railgun.
>No suppressor required

Take the concept of a shockwave put it in an actual bat.
>If you miss 5-7 times you can still club them to death.

Belt fed revolver
>Solving the capacity problem for revolvers.

50. BMG Halberd
>Optimal skin walker stopper

M14 is expensive to feed.
Tavor is new trash.
Expensive to feed and also trash tier sheet metal.
Not available.

Try hard nigger.

9mm 9shot revolver, also maybe a break action one, a new full steel 20 round full size pistol, a double barrel survival rifle with 308 over a 12 gauge for cheap, develop a coach gun too

congrats, Vlad.

you wanna buy some patents from me?

HK G41

make more rifle pistols like draco and plr16

.22 hornet machine pistol

Attached: image.jpg (600x564, 33K)

>What should I make first?

A firearm that is not a firearm by ATF definition.
So that every Joe Schmoe can get one without 4473 colonoscopy.

A full sized pistol firing something that can defeat type 2 armor with an underslung 12 gauge single-shot integrated into the frame.
Make Battlestar Galactica real.

Straight pull or bolt action rifle that feeds from ak mags.

Modern top break revolver, faggot. And not in any wimpy cartridge either.

10mm is so hot right now. Carbine it

There is no way they'd give you free reign to do whatever unless your last name is Winchester or Browning. They'd tell you "hey we have this idea for a semi-automatic quadstack 10mm carbine, here are some rough plans put them into CAD"

Attached: 1550596211370.jpg (905x960, 74K)

Remake the Bren Ten

Make all the guns from Trigun

>How about a modern break action .22 revolver. With a more positive extraction system that doesn't wear down so easy. At sub 300$ prices.
>>Top breaks are neat fuck you.

THIS

They quit making these in the 60's or 70's or some shit. The only thing since are fucking Single Action 22's.

DA/SA Top-break 22 revolvers are the most fun plinking guns ever designed. They're quicker to reload than my fucking 10/22

Attached: 145790_ff59b200e6518d9b4be0c482dee97b1c.jpg (600x532, 77K)

Straight rifling on a ‘rifle’ to fire shotgun ammunition that is .5 inches wide. 7 inch barrel. Basically trying to make a rifle with the straight rifling loophole that is a ‘totally not a shotgun’.

.410 gauge SBS without the stamp essentially

fucking make this kind of shit youtube.com/watch?v=n21m6N5UmNk&feature=youtu.be

Attached: idontbelieveyou.gif (320x240, 1.83M)

be better if it fired a projectile

Water cooled AR. Because sustained fire.

A modern integrally suppressed, pistol caliber, bolt action rifle please

*jams*

I mean you could use jams but it would be too thick. You would be better off with water

Attached: jam.jpg (259x194, 7K)

>jobs I've seen require prior experience

For damn near every position out there, they only say that to keep people like you from applying. Its most always fluff to keep the number of applicants from getting to large.

I support this.

I would tell you but I am also a mechE with a shadow of a chance of making it happen
My suggestion is a .22 tcm smg, I don't care so much about that one ALTHOUGH theoretically you could have a more curved magazine since the casing narrows near the front

OH WAIT A MINUTE I REMEMBERED ANOTHER
.38 special 1911

>more curved magazine
what if some mad lad made a clip shaped like pic related

Attached: 41Xf-wHQ6KL._SX425_.jpg (425x272, 21K)

the fantasy
>"oh boy im gonna get to design whatever i want! i'm gonna be an innovator! i have all these cool ideas! i'm going to be the next stoner or kalashnikov!"

the reality
>"hey designer user, make us another glock clone will ya? reduce the weight by .01 grams, the profile by 1/128th of an inch, and put an extra serration in the slide or something so people think it's new, heh. by the way, did you hear our company is going to start producing ar-15s?"

There is no straight-rifling loophole anymore; the only ATF letter Franklin Memery has made public says the Reformation barrel is legally "smooth" simply because it's not "rifled". (This appears to be a reversal from a previous secret letter where straight-rifling made the difference, but I'm not 100% convinced Franklin is being straight with us.)
However, according to this letter, the Reformation is still not a shotgun/SBS, on the basis of not firing a "shotgun shell".

But the boundaries of that loophole are unclear -- if I load up one ratshot cartrdidge for .300 Blackout, does the Reformation magically become an SBS? What if CCI starts mass-producing them? Or if I make a Reformation-like gun in .357 smoothbore, do their already-existing ratshot loads make that an SBS? What if I make one in a totally new cartridge, but a .410 or 32-gauge shell can somehow be chambered and fired (possibly taping the outside of the shell to bring it up to chamber diameter)?

I do hope somebody puts in the effort (dozens of letters, by the time you're done) to nail down ATF's position on this, and I hope that it turns out you can make a ".45-70 smoothbore" or some such that is capable of firing .410 while not legally being a shotgun. Nothing would make me happier than a spiritual successor to the Game Getter with 10-inch or so barrels and the ability to shoot .410.

I'm gonna give you my best idea so far:
A clip fed shotgun
Best of both worlds
12 g mags are shit
But 12 stripper clips would be awesome
If you make it and become rich pls call it the MSCO in my honor

Design a pump shotgun with two magazine tubes that automatically cycle between them

Dp12?

youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8axpaYi0

That's called a helical mag and they're awesome

Make a FAMAS look alike so we can finally have some diversity beyond AR shit in the semi auto market.

and for those of us without $20,000 to blow

>top break revolvers
>CHEAP auto loading shotguns
>Takedown or folding free floated bolt rifle. Think Kel Tec su-16 but a bolt gun in 308 that doesn't cost a gorillion dollars
>Rip off the deagle patent
>32 ACP pistols

Find a way to make cheap Lugers. Even if you have to sacrifice a little quality they would still be fun and stand out in the store.

20" 6.5 Grendel free floated ambi-friendly bullpup.

gz op, went to school for ME but was too dumb and too much of an alcoholic to pass calc 3 so now I program cobol all day

Roller delay bullpup in .308 bls

>I do hope somebody puts in the effort (dozens of letters, by the time you're done) to nail down ATF's position on this, and I hope that it turns out you can make a ".45-70 smoothbore" or some such that is capable of firing .410 while not legally being a shotgun. Nothing would make me happier than a spiritual successor to the Game Getter with 10-inch or so barrels and the ability to shoot .410.
they won't even let themselves be pinned down anymore, every determination is now individual.

t. low income earner

Fuckin rekt

Fuck FPBP

>How about a modern break action .22 revolver. With a more positive extraction system that doesn't wear down so easy. At sub 300$ prices.
pls

cant really make the ar-90 you'd need a gas system to manage. Make it roller delayed

I figured making it wider and a little longer. Then using a system similar to the vector might work best.

a good polymer mag for the scar 17.

Attached: 6a00d83451c83e69e201127943af0928a4-450wi.jpg (420x229, 72K)

hey make a bullpup that doesnt fucking suck and dont use plastic. Steal ideas from Halo

the k&m m17s already exists. some antifa member has one

Attached: CA556-2.jpg (1366x546, 60K)

Modernized C-96
Bolt action rifle in 7.62 tokerev
A cheap single shot that you can replace the barrels sort of like a Thompson contender but way cheaper, not for high precision but a gun you can teach someone to shoot on, have it go from 22 short to 7.62x39 so as the person gets better they can increase the caliber.
Cheap AF 12 gauge slamfire for poor people who don’t own basic tools to make their own but still want to try.
A 20 mm destructive device marketed as a long range target rifle for “big guys” (for you), single shot.
Something similar to the SVT-40 or M-14, people love those designs bc they are aesthetic.
Gun specifically designed to be homemade, an AK pattern rifle kit that is designed to be easy to make to teach people who want to start gunsmithing but want something harder than an AR, make sure it fits before it leaves the factory and have a set of instructions for how to do the build depending on what tools are available.

FUCK dude I'd spent $900 on a c96 clone, even if the internals are completely modernized. Bullpup pistols are sexy as fuck. Just the form factor alone
>A cheap single shot that you can replace the barrels sort of like a Thompson contender
I am an amateur machinist and I've thought about doing something similar bit with a smoothbore barrels to cut down on costs/complexity. Within a 10 yards it'd still be reasonably accurate, good enough for plinking or hunting. Just spitballing while drunk

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 29K)

Make a flechette gun that uses ammo with normal primers, normal powder, and a common case. Put it in a light rifle design like an M1 carbine (or I guess an AR would be fine too). Gotta figure out how to make the flechettes do real damage though, maybe flute them like Lehigh copper bullets.

This guy has a solid point.

It's a colloid at best.

>Make a Thicc p90 chambered in .223
Honestly you could do this if you bastardised a FAMAS lever-delayed blowback system into a P90 form factor.

>Straight pull rifle that feeds from ak mags.
Remove gas piston from AK, wa la.

Coonan already makes a .357.

Barrel broaching isn't hard user, making and hardening broach beads would be the most complex task.

Fuck I love this place.

What about removing all gas related shit except for return spring?
I have sometimes tried to find one such thing but there is none.

>wa la
Kys

Make a .44 magnum AR upper that feeds from Desert Eagle mags. Then design fuckhuge north korean style helical mags for it.

Make a handgun and civilian rifle line for the upcoming 6.8mm NGSAR round.
Make a bullpup that has magazine, barrel and BCG parts commonality with the AR-15.
Make a pistol with integrated binary trigger. Or an aftermarket binary trigger for the 1911 to make Gucci Glock fags cry.

Attached: Telescoped-Ammunition.jpg (770x443, 61K)

To clarify on my first suggestion, I'm not saying "just make a gun for a round that's not finished yet" but start development on a gun that can cycle such a bullet so that when it's finalized, you can just tweak the specifics of chamber thickness, etc to be the first guys to market with civilian guns for the new round. Getting ahead of the future can be solid gold, and if you make it right, you can become the next Colt.

Or maybe the company is small enouh that he is in that position+doing the grrunt work

A modernized c96 is just a tec 9

The fuckin dream. Congrats OP

Attached: 1550499914356.png (600x595, 560K)

>Galil, fal, valmet stamped receiver
>shitty
Get a load of this retard
(I’m aware some valmets are stamped, but still)

Replied to wrong post, meant for

>what should I make first?

I want a rifle or carbine with a revolving cylinder and a lever action. Work the lever to cock he hammer and turn the cylinder. either standard cowboy revolver loading one at a time or allow for the cylinder to flip to the side for a faster reload is fine.

Disgusting.

Attached: 1309877765024.jpg (647x558, 171K)

Yeah yeah. Its from an anime. Who cares it would be cool and we all know it.

Attached: tech_quent_s4.gif (500x352, 30K)