Level IV Body Armor Penetration

Are there any semi-automatic rifles with cartridges that can penetrate level IV body armor which are easy to obtain?. 50 bmg is prohibitively expensive and I'm not sure whether or not some of the cartridges that are more powerful than. 30-06 have loads which will penetrate.

Attached: ar500-level-iv-plate-10-x-12-curved-7.jpg (900x972, 304K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-level-iv-composite-body-armor-10x12.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wcvwOFjacvA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NBntnnCFvOk
cdvs.us/product/310-diameter-156-grain-black-and-red-tip-api-projectiles-100-projectile-pack/
eabco.net/Accelerator-Type-Sabots-for-30-Caliber-Cartridges-100_p_13645.html
amazon.com/Castlebar-Unground-Cemented-Tungsten-Carbide/dp/B07GR8N2WH
ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iv-body-armor/ar500-armor-level-iv-lightweight-1199-body-armor-10-x-12.html
rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1199/
detroitammoco.com/brand/ballistic-machinist/
youtube.com/watch?v=6x59iN4KMz4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

doesn't steel only go up to level III? i thought the only level IV was ceramic

300 winmag with handloaded m2 black tips

Dude just use a lot of inexpensive, small caliber rounds.
>Be you
>Defending waifu bodypillow from [insert villian here]
>[insert villian here] has body armor
>Shit.jpg
>But wait
>You have an AR15 with D60 drum mag and a coat hanger

7n6

obvious wannabe police shooter

unironically shot placement is king, because the extremities of an armored foe are going to be covered with IIIA at best, easily defeated by intermediate calibers

This, shoot for pelvis in close range, wide as the torso and nearly always unarmored.

It goes up to lvl 4. It’s just fuck all heavy. You only want to wear it if your only using it while firing from a defensive position like a building window. I downgraded to lvl 3 for in the woods larping.

interesting, didn't know that. would always look for level 4 but couldn't find it.

ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-level-iv-composite-body-armor-10x12.html
according to this it's discontinued, do i have to buy level 4 from ebay or something?

Attached: tyler2.png (130x139, 12K)

Are you allergic to AP ammo? 7.62x51 will do the job with the right bullets.
youtube.com/watch?v=wcvwOFjacvA

>Are there any semi-automatic rifles with cartridges that can penetrate level IV body armor which are easy to obtain?
Not all Level IV is the same, and there are now levels beyond IV, kind of. But yes, there are.

>Aiming above the waist on an armored combatant
Not how it's done.

The official designation for level IV is that it can handle up to. 30-06 AP. Obviously one's mileage may vary on a particular manufacturer's product.

>30-06 AP
Exactly, which is slow, heavy, and has a fluffy steel penetrator. (State of the art in WWII, but we've learned a thing or two since.)
You don't need a more powerful cartridge, you need a modern projectile -- lighter, faster, with a dense, hard, tungsten carbide penetrator.

With Tungsten reserves being what they and new mining being where it is, If we're not working on something like a M829 scaled down to .338 RUM, we probably should be.

I think I'd rather be killed than get my cock and balls blown off desu

>Are there any semi-automatic rifles with cartridges that can penetrate level IV body armor which are easy to obtain?

M855a1 Is probably the newest AP you could source and have more than a couple rounds of, and it's still hard to get and and doesn't work. You are an idiot if you think unobtanium 7.62x51 is the definition of 'easy to obtain' 338 lapua or up is more practical at that point.

Tungsten cored .308, make your own

>It goes up to lvl 4
Where to cop?

Don't answer this faggot

This

>Are there any semi-automatic rifles with cartridges that can penetrate level IV body armor which are easy to obtain?. 50 bmg is prohibitively expensive
Not really. You wouldn't be firing .50 BMG in semi auto by the hundreds, you would be firing by the dozen or so, and producing far more lethal casualties. Downside is you would always be firing to hit, not firing to suppress.

Anti-Material rifles re-purposed for anti-personel armor work aren't supression weapons anyways

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NBntnnCFvOk

Something like this is excellent for shitting on LVL 4 body armor within typical rifle range

So? You forgot Texas already?

>M855a1 Is probably the newest AP

It's not AP and was never intended as such.

This
cdvs.us/product/310-diameter-156-grain-black-and-red-tip-api-projectiles-100-projectile-pack/

Or if we could get it in north America I'd say 54r 7n14, according to Ukrainians itll punch through front and back lvl 3 and 4 plates under 300m, its scary shit. Theres also 5.45 7n10 7n22 and 7n24 with all punch through lvl4 plates

just shoot them somewhere besides the fucking plate, retard. shoot them in the hip.

This or buckshot
Shoot them in the face/anywhere that isnt the 10x12 plate

Will off the shelf 338 take down level 4?

Cool

There aren't many IV plates that can take more than 4 hits. You just have to light them up or shoot non vitals. There's also no way to tell what type of armor someone is wearing, considering you won't hear the ring of steel when you're deaf from shooting or have your ears plugged. So if the target is armored, use better tactics.

Depends on the bullets they're loaded with. Lead-core FMJ? Maybe. Hornady/Sierra/whatever match bullets? I doubt it. Too soft, which is great when you want explosive wound channels but not so hot when you want to penetrate ceramics.

What's the magazine capacity?

If you think a .338 Lapua semi-auto rifle is easier for you to get hold of than a loading press, Alexander Arms would love to take your kilobucks.

Otherwise, .22/30 accelerator sabots + 5.7mm tungsten-carbide rods = next best thing to M948 SLAP
eabco.net/Accelerator-Type-Sabots-for-30-Caliber-Cartridges-100_p_13645.html
amazon.com/Castlebar-Unground-Cemented-Tungsten-Carbide/dp/B07GR8N2WH

What's the core material of those bullets?

>5.7mm tungen rods

Great, you've penned his plates, but he's still moving because that does fuck-all for terminal ballistics.

In a shooting war there will be far more worthwhile uses for tungsten than shooting the enemy and not enough to go around to satisfy both the needs of the military and the needs of industry. A different material solution is necessary.

It does better than you might think, but yeah, not great.
OP asked about penetrating level IV, not about being effective, else had the right answer.

Yeah, but I don't think OP does have any better uses for tungsten, or any concern about balancing the needs of the military vs. the needs of industry.
>50 bmg is prohibitively expensive
I get the impression he's running a lone-wolf larp with virtually unlimitless poorfag resources.

Look it up yourself, faggot

m995 will shred level 4

Not him but so?

OP here. There have been a few comments about expense, and this is because I fucked up a bit while posting. I know I wouldn't fire too many rounds considering limited capacity that .50BMG would be useful in, which negates the cost of the ammo. I meant the cost of the rifles when I called it expensive.

Oh yeah, the rifles themselves. Yeah 10k a pop and up from there. A decent intermediate semi auto is about 500$, so its 20 rifles vs 1. Fair enough.

I mean maybe some 300 win mag or 300 rum loads, not a lot of semi autos for them though.

Where tf are you supposed to get the tungsten cored shit?

Git gud and land them in the killzone

Browning semi auto in .338WM

338 or 408 with solids will do it

>lvl IV is tested against 30-06 black tips
>thinks your shitty .300wm with only ~200fps more vel. will do anything
There are literally dozens of videos on YouTube of retards like you shooting IV with 300wm black ties and the armor eats them just fine.

He is retarded level 4 plates weight less than level 3 steel plates.

i thought esapi were designed to take lots of hits from intermediate cartridges

>average cop wears IV all shift
Kek

your an idiot penetration is key, yes terminal ballistics is important to hunter who are trying to humanely kill something. If I put tungsten rods through your torso in SHTF you are dead, and you arent a 4 legged animal that can run 50 meters after being shot, your a human weighed down by at a minimum lvl 4 plates and a combat load of some kind. When you get hit once you will get hit again.

ar500 makes iv at 4.4lbs 0.8" thick
does anyone make a thinner plate with comparable weight?

Are you talking about this?
ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iv-body-armor/ar500-armor-level-iv-lightweight-1199-body-armor-10-x-12.html

>patented tile array construction

Sounds like they're just rebranding RMA's ultralight ceramic/poly plate.

Lmao it is - with a 50% price increase to boot.

rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1199/

/gq/ tells me not to trust those btw. I've heard speculation that the way they got the weight so low is by abusing NIJ'S edge-hit rule and skimping on the ceramic backing there.

What's the highest tier of body armor that .357sig can penetrate through?

Not sure i want the rounds firing inches from my face.

50 bmg is already loud as fuck

>5
What the fuck am I supposed to do with that?

detroitammoco.com/brand/ballistic-machinist/
even if i cant punch through your plate, i can at least try to knock you down and either knock the wind out of you, or maybe break a rib

.338 with atomic loads and molybdenum projectiles. So in practical terms, assume Level IV is impenetrable to small arms fire. You need to sidestep it by either using explosive rounds or hitting non-armored parts of the target.

When did they get steel plates so light?

Most police don't ware armor.
Swat and other door kickers may have more then just level 4.
If anyone doesn't bother to double check the address they should be an example to do so for the next guy.
Article 2 is not there to allow door kickers to be lazy, its they to insure they are not.

Stop spouting this meme. Solid plate armor is nothing like soft body armor. If there's no backside deformation, the impact you'll feel will be about as hard as being gently pushed with a palm.

youtube.com/watch?v=6x59iN4KMz4

In a war, 90% casualties will be from high explosive weapons, fragmentation and shrapnel, as had been the case since the dawn of the XX century. And if you come under small arms fire and don't get out of it in a second, your whole body will turn into Swiss cheese from being hit with five different bursts from machine guns and fully automatic assault rifles. Body armor's usefulness is greatly diminished when you fight an equal opponent in CQB.

3a

With dagney daggers new meme ammo? Maybe level 3

>Tungsten carbide drill rod
>Tig welding electrode
>Suitable low weight hollow point bullet
>Open cavity slightly to accommodate
>Press in
>Resize boolit
>Have bubba load said bullet with patented pissin' hot proprietary load
>Blow hot load all over lvl IV plate of your choice
It's not rocket surgery, my dudes.

Attached: 1553309940668.png (556x773, 439K)

So learning to make poisons and homemade bombs is a better plan than impressing the gear queers in any planned conflict? I am genuinely interested. Should armors purpose be to aid in fleeing rather than staying in a conflict?

>rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1199/
What fucks refer to 30-06 by its metric designation?

How does Tannerite work for filling bullets?

>may have more then just level 4
I've never heard of the feds having X-SAPIs

>dagney daggers new meme ammo
huh

Would something like silicon carbide make a a solid penetrator?

This. There's a 6 foot man running around and you're hoping all your shots land on a 10x12 square. You'd be lucky if you could hit a dynamic target in a box so small.

How would an ss109 projectile loaded inna 22-250 do? Should be able to hit around 3500 FPS

>So learning to make poisons and homemade bombs is a better plan than impressing the gear queers in any planned conflict?
Not even that user, but it always has been. Of course there will always need to be fighters on the ground, anyone who says that anything is 100% underground guerrilla conflict is a fool. That said, in every resistance movement in history, the bomb-makers, poisoners, and blacksmiths have been the most well cared for roles for obvious reasons.

Level IV by definition will stop steel core AP .30-06

>Would something like silicon carbide make a a solid penetrator?
Too brittle I think

Amazon, see 65gr screwdrivers penetrate soft level IIIa out of .357sig handguns or 9mm PCCs.

Its shit

It will do Jack shit

What's the easiest to procure (or make) Raufoss replacement?