Nugget general

Looks like Aimsurplus has nuggets in again. They also have hex receivers.

aimsurplus.com/tula-russian-1891-30-7-62x54r-mosin-nagant-rifle-w-bayonet

Also general moist nugget thread.

Attached: 22BF2453-2219-4890-9882-C445C7B9E777.jpg (500x500, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classicfirearms.com/m-48-surplus-rifle-8mm-mauser-bolt-action/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

400 dollars for a nugget.

What the fuck is this stupid shit. These people dont deserve a thread or publicity

Can user who bought one back in the day tell me of the joys the $100 nugget. I want one, I just can’t stomach $400 for a low clip count rifle knowing the old price. I could even go $200.

You'd be better off flushing your money down the toilet than buying that piece of shit unironically for $400.

How about 1000 if it's all matching and includes a same-year scope?

Bought two at $79 each plus two 440 round cans at $0.11/round. Felt great but soon thereafter my local range banned steel case ammo.

Lowest I can find is $300 and it's from a random person.

Bought one recently for 250. Don't fucking do it. Biggest waste of money.

Glad I got one when they were $130.

If you're a historian with loads of money to burn and/or its a genuine PU, hard maybe. Doyour homework first, not every nugget with a scope is a PU and they're the only ones worth a damn.

Aim has surplus ammo for $189.99 a can. That’s 43¢ per round.

Are the Russian import restrictions causing this or have the fudds hoarded up all the ammo under Obama?

They're pieces of trash that were only worth it because of how laughably cheap the ammo and guns were. In a time of 1000$+ ARs, the 80-150$ nugget firing an 18 cent full power rifle round meant that broke ass students and pantshitting NEETs could get into centerfire shooting and meme.
I own 3 91/30s and they are the 3 worst guns I own bar none. At 400$ each its a no brainer to instead pick up an SMLE or Schmidt Rubin or get an AR-15 for 300$ and still be able to afford shooting.
Mosins suck, their days ended years ago.

Buy a mauser

Think SKS's are worth 500-600? I'm thinking of picking one up since the ammo is relatively cheap for range shooting and I'm not interested in AR-15/similar guns.

Find me one for a decent price and condition. Too bad that doesn't exist.

Dad got me one for 120 in 6th grade because it was my favorite weapon on Call of Duty Finest Hour on the PS2

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AIM SURPLIS ADVERTISING.

YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS. FUCK OFF.

This is the reality, it wasn't the cheap rifle that was the draw, it was the cheap ammo.

classicfirearms.com/m-48-surplus-rifle-8mm-mauser-bolt-action/

Its better than a mosin

>clip count
Go

Go to any gun show, you'll see mausers in similar condition to any mosin you'll find, for like 50 dollars less

Yea, I think they are still worth it at 500-600$, but only in their stock guise and only a nice specimen, particularly a Russian or Sino-Soviet.

Bought one from a gun shop for 50 dollars in the broken gun section all that was wrong with it was someone couldn't get a case out

wouldn't pay that much for a nugget

Sanctions and i think someone realizing that they shouldnt be exporting all their mosins for so cheap

This one is only $450. Is it just me or does the wood look a bit off?

Attached: SKS.jpg (227x1776, 267K)

Yea, looks like it's been refinished.

i'm seeing $339.95
think of it like a $240 nugget and a $100 bayonet

I always hate when people refinish the gun to hide all of the wood grain. It makes it look like cheap imitation wood.

Attached: download.jpg (316x159, 5K)

Don't forget to add in $25+ for a transfer and then shipping/tax on top.

Attached: 7.62mm-mosin-nagant-5-round-stripper-clip-in-black-2087-p.png (848x636, 596K)

Don't buy a nugget unless you're a collector for milsurp stuff. If you're just a person trying to get into shooting they're a horrible choice now.

Back in the 2008 era most other guns were more expensive or about the same price as they are now. Mosins have quadrupled in price since that time.

Which makes no sense for the supply. You can't walk 10 feet without tripping over one but they're all $400+.

Probably the "collectors" that bought 10+ at a time hoarding them.

Well I think theres the fact that a ton on the market are shot the fuck out. People go apeshit when it's a fresh crate being cracked open because they know the barrels will probably be good.

Also I think places like Jow Forums memed it into being a much better gun than it really is. You're probably right about the collectors fucking the prices though.

beat to fuck spanish mausers were like $200 a few years ago and were in worse condition than the average mosin
Mosins were were cheap because they were surplus old gun no one wanted, then faggots flooded in after sandy hook and bought up everything, including surplus, if you want to complain go look at k98k prices now.
Surplus drying up, ammo going to conflict zones, arms in former eastern bloc countries that are now war zones, internal political circumstances and the simple fact that a mosin is very expensive to produce compared to their once low prices is why they are now expensive,people continually pay for hosed out $150 classic firearms literal bottom of the barrel garbage , blame them instead of the people selling them

>got my Tula hex for $84 otd
>tfw Mosin, Nagant and Stalin would be rolling in their graves at that price

> want to complain go look at k98k prices now.
What do you mean?

go look what a shitty russian cap 98 goes for now

How many K98k rifles did the Nazis make? Wiki claims about 14million. Let’s pretend only 7million survived in useable condition, and the rest rot in former USSR hogs and lakes. Of those 7million, many were soviet capture. Let’s further assume that captured K98k are proportional to German troop deployment; 8/10 fighting Russians. 1.4million non-soviet captured mausers as a ballpark. That’s a fuckton of Nazi K98ks. They should be cheap, about $500 or so.

Many mausers wound up as Cold War “deniable military aid” to several countries, supplemented domestic armaments, were rearsenaled, were Rexhambered for 30-06, 7.62x51NATO, or otherwise messed with. Sounds like a wide variety of wonderful affordable rifles.

Except the collectors came along.
Enter the boomer tax.

A large crowd began shelling out big bucks for “all matching” K98ks, from different Arsenal’s, year, and condition. This is fine, except the price point continued to rise due to a Nazi memorabilia bubble and the diminishing pile of “collector grade” k98ks that bubba hadn’t molested yet. Like crack addicts unable to afford the purest dope, boomers jonesing for any mix and match K98k to LARP with in XXL uniform for midwar falshimjager SS panzer Corp renactor team after the country club.

Even though they were sold by the barrel in 1964, just like nuggets were sold by the crate in 2004, the price will rise and the declining

Declining availability is driving prices high.

For example, a S/42 1937 Captured by Yugoslavia and rearsenaled, drilled hard and put up wet, one of thousands. It sold for around 477otd. It will probobly be $600 in a couple years.

A dou 1944 with mismatched bolt can go for over $1000 by condition. Guess how much it will appreciate in that time as well?
Think about that.

Got mine for $60 ten years ago, it's an amalgamation of tula/izhevsk parts it's arsenal rematched and the barrel was counterbored.

You don't understand how the primary and secondary markets work.

Your not wrong. Its a cool gun cause muh ww2, and its fun to shoot. But its probably the worst rifle of the war, the ammo is about as expensive as every other big rifle round. And your bottom end new production bolt gun is going to preform better out of the box than a 4 moa nugget ever did.

A lot of surplus is going to go the way of the nugget, its just more noticeable with the nugget cause they were literally a dime a dozen back in the day.

The only reason I have one, was because my uncles bought me one when i turned 18. Cause I had shot one before and loved it. But I would never have actually bought one myself at current prices.

>But its probably the worst rifle of the war,
carcano. i don't like mases much but consensus is carcanos were the worst.

>$100

bruh

I paid $75 for an M38 carbine in 2006 for cheap plinking purposes. In 2011 I bought an M91/30 for $70 just because the friend I went with was buying a gun and said, "If I buy something, will you too?" I don't even want the full size one. At this point its only purpose is to sit in a gun safe for another 12 years until my nephew turns 18.

Shit was so cheap I did a secret santa with a hundred dollar limit. The guy I got gave me some fuck you eyes when he saw I got him gourmet fudge. Then he realized the fudge was pretty heavy, picked up the top sheet, and saw a Nagant revolver with a box of ammo under it; the gun, ammo, and fudge cost $95.

What was the best?

I remember people going nuts over cheap nuggets, now I look at $700 WASRs and feel retarded.

garand was the best rifle, subguns are debatable

i wonder if people will feel that way about hi-points in the future

>we'll be telling our kids about the day when a single gun didn't cost over $1,000

>WAT? SCAR's were $5000? A SCAR30 is $50,000!

>Wow Dad, you could just walk into the store and BUY one?

>What do you mean they didn't ask you for a sperm sample?

Classic has them for $420 now

Say something nice about my m38

Attached: 15533260927902145908534.jpg (4160x2340, 1.84M)

Only the shitty Norinco ones.

Nugget was never meme'd as good, nugget was meme'd as good enough and cheap as fuck.

It was a LOT of Jow Forumskommando's first centerfire rifles, from like 2000ish till 2008 or so you could get them for nothing.

I have an all matching, shiny chrome bored 1942 rifle from Tula I think(maybe its Izhevsk, I forget) that shoots 2-3 moa reliably. My dad bought its for $99.99 in like 2004 and gave it to me for my 17th birthday. Pic related.

I Bought the SKS later for $220 from a local sporting goods/surplus store. Neither one are "amazing" guns, but they're decent and most of all they were TOTALLY accessible to a poorfag just getting into guns.

That's why Jow Forums loves slavshit so much, not becasue they're good but becasue for a while they were cheap as shit and we're nostalic about them cus of fond meme-ories.

It's called nuggest fest cus of first it was just a bunch of poorfags who couldn't afford anything but nuggets, .22lrs and el-cheapo shotguns. These days buying a nugget is silly, much as I love mine, you can get a Used but modern rifles of vastly superior quality for the same price, in a modern cartridge with a wide variety of easily available ammo.

Attached: Slavshitfamilypicture.jpg (1638x914, 338K)

I got no less than 8 M44 Carbines for either $49.99 or $59.99. I still have two, gave the other away to friends an family who wanted to get into deer hunting or just had an interest in guns but no gun.

HERE TAKE BOOMSTICK, no don't pay me I basically got it for free.

>I got no less than 8 M44 Carbines for either $49.99 or $59.99. I still have two, gave the other away to friends an family who wanted to get into deer hunting or just had an interest in guns but no gun.
>HERE TAKE BOOMSTICK, no don't pay me I basically got it for free.
I would trade my full size for the m44 in a heartbeat if they where similar condition. Donno why I walked into dick's that fateful day in 2008 and picked the matching 1942 Tula laminate wood stocked six foot tall behemoth of a rifle for $79.99 over the sexy little M44s going for $69.99. I wasn't too bright in my younger days.

Attached: IMG_20190319_194020808.jpg (3072x4096, 2.61M)

>chrome bored nugget

I’m gonna need proof.

I paid 300 for one in 2014. But it was numbers matching with original stock. And in commiefornia.

Buy a brand new bolt action for less

Attached: 01VyU6l.jpg (640x615, 58K)