What is more important in WVR, being able to gain and maintain energy, or being able to point your nose at any airspeed?

What is more important in WVR, being able to gain and maintain energy, or being able to point your nose at any airspeed?

Attached: cobra.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=haf vs tuaf&disable_polymer=1
youtube.com/watch?v=RcsEyO33KPk
youtube.com/watch?v=YEp6wJmrTV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It doesn't matter with off-axis missiles

It depends.

Off-axis missiles are boring and gay.

Attached: qaam.webm (1218x652, 2.84M)

That's fucking cheating

Attached: Reichsmarshall der RLM.jpg (550x791, 279K)

Impressive.

What matters most in WVR is the force ratio and situational awareness, that's why WVR is a meme; you can only get good exchange ratios in BVR.

1)training
2)being smart enough
3)exp
4)good plane

just watch the countless dogfights over the aegean from haf vs tuaf..
youtube.com/results?search_query=haf vs tuaf&disable_polymer=1

samefagging
just watch how a dogfight ends in under a minute
youtube.com/watch?v=RcsEyO33KPk
right about 0.45

haha pushed to the deck and assfucked like a cheap whore

With this most recent achievement, fate has in a single stroke, marked the decline of the west and spelled a new era of wondrous prosperity and peaceful global dominance for the Chinese dragon, which promises to firmly stand in sharp contrast to the historically bloody ascent of western powers and the cruel subjugation it brought to the humbler nations of the world. With the blessings of Chinese quantum direct-current electricity, quantum aircraft carriers and quantum enhanced railguns will be the instruments with which China affirms its noble stewardship of 21st century world politics and offers the non-western world a different option; an humanist alternative to the depredations of Western leadership and the opportunity for a more equitable and dignified multilateralism.

Is this real life or a video game? I honestly can't tell.

video game, it's someone flying the F-14 fighting a Su-33 in multiplayer

Yes, it is a flight simulator on computer : DCS

i really wanna see a real dogfight and someone pulling a fucking cobra in such a low altitude

In reality stopping your jet in the air like that would be a death sentence. Missiles would have no problem hitting a stationary target and it opens them up to an easy gun snap even if it does force someone to overshoot

in a fox 3 scenario like that? obviously no missile let alone pilot will be fast enough to react

Energy. LOAL kinda makes nose pointing redundant

A Fox 3 is not a visual range weapon, no one would take an amraam shot there. A 9x is more than fast and maneuverable enough to react to a maneuver that basically stops you in the air however.

It'd be better suited to a gun only engagement to force an overshoot. It wouldn't really be effective real world against missiles.

i dont know after watching this seems a perfect opportunity to constantly avoid locks

yeah, except for the 'constantly' part - after you pull a cobra you're basically immobile and you won't get back up to fighting speed before your opponent can turn and shrek you
so, it's a literal desperation maneuver that has to work the first time, every time or you're dead

It still does because a thrust vectoring aircraft will be able to turn around immediately and fire on its rear 180 degrees. This is useful immediately after a fly-past.

I can never tell what I'm supposed to be looking at in these videos.

it doesnt matter as long as he is on your pov he is a dead meat we have seen insane shit during the cobra man from the pilots

the turk baits the greek for a deep left dive
the greek (i think) counteracts and start a loop in order to lose some speed but to gain a massive advantage on having him locked basicly the moment he levels up behind him
you can see a similiar move here youtube.com/watch?v=YEp6wJmrTV8

>we have seen insane shit during the cobra man from the pilots
Useless airshow bullshit.

Are you the actual god of dogfighting, you have never missed a shot, and can dodge missiles like an Ace Combat protagonist? Pick up a hornet, or flanker, and dunk on nerds in one turn by pulling alpha. Otherwise? Take a Viper and wait for your opponent to fuck up before sweeping in.

Reds have had off bore missiles for years now. Blue gets one plane that can do it and red throw a shit fit.

its usefull in dogfights

No it isn’t. The other person can just go vertical and then Mr Pugachev is fucked.

Not terribly, especially if it's more than a one on one fight. If it's not, it's downright suicidal. Even if the other pilot fucks up and doesn't immediately go vertical and loop back down on you and you somehow get the kill, you're now completely out of energy for any of his friends to shoot at.

I don't understand, if the AIM-9x is in the game why do people waste time showing off their dog-fighting prowess? It's useless if HOBS all-aspect heaters are modeled.

Because if you're in an 80s or 90s scenario where the 9X doesn't exist, or in a scenario where the cost of a 9X isn't justified, you use the 9M or 9L instead. R-73s have been present in the game for a long time with a 60 degree off-boresight ability, and close dogfights still happen from time to time.