Are carry handles a meme...

Are carry handles a meme? The first red dot I bought broke over nothing and now I want a carry handle since it will he harder to break

Attached: Minty-fresh-M4.jpg (1024x640, 186K)

stop being cheap

if you're to poor to afford nice optics then get a carry handle and get gud

Just get a cheap Holosun or something, otherwise flip ups are a better option. The carry handle hasn't be relevant in 30 years

Or get a cheaper set of stand alone rear sights so you can save your money for a nice optic.

I buy sub-$50 carry handles and shoot old pizza boxes when I can.

carry handle can be had for like $30 on the open market

If you don't like the handle part of it then you can always hack saw it off like they did back in the day. Kinda like an LMT fixed rear but doing it the og way.

This thread sounds like it's going to be a den of next-level poorfaggotry

its exactly what it is

I like mine, have unironically used it to carry my AR through the woods, pretty comfy.

i love my basic bitch 6920 with carry handle. aesthetic is peak simplicity/functionality. Honestly I shoot better with my iron sights 6920 than I do with most of my EOTECH, Aimpoint, RMR, triji accupower (on 1x) optics. something about it. its a beautiful thing.

My holoson is out of commission because one of the screws broke a part is stuck inside, happened while shooting and didn't notice until I took it off

Why waste your money. Realistically you won't shoot further than 20 feet in your house. That's point blank range, practice hip shooting at the range. It's more natural and faster than aiming down peep sights. Take the money you would have wasted on optics or sights and buy a binary trigger

Street sweeping operations commence.

Attached: Colt-AR-15-Rifle-Advertisement-Law-Enforcement.jpg (581x750, 117K)

true but plinking at little shit that's not close is way more fun

dots and holos are for quick target acquisition, every rifle produced for the US military has always had excellent sights. The standard AR sight picture is a thing of beauty.
Fundamentals are still important, and even at short range, shot placement is everything.

>every rifle produced for the US military has always had excellent sights.
Laughs in 1903

>buying cheap optics

Post the edit.
Fuck you.

If you intend to run nothing but irons, then carry handles are nice. I prefer the C7 upper, with the fixed A1 sight and the A2 brass deflector.

Personally, I have fucky eyes, so I don't really jive with optics. If I didn't, I'd probably be using red dots.

>red dot I bought broke over nothing

I believe him. Do you have any idea how many cheap garbage optics there are out there?
There's so many $50 red dots which cut it for airsoft and pelletguns, and sort of for .22LR, but with the recoil forces of .223, it just hammers those things to death in short order.

carry handles are top aesthetic but only in conjunction with an M16 barrel shroud, if you're going for M4 length then just stick with optics or irons

>that non mil spec carry handle
>BCM
oh no no no no

Attached: 1489910252257.png (665x465, 115K)

Carry handles are very good rear sights, and I have personally used them to hit distances of 600y in competitions. The M16 rear sight is one of the best rifle sights ever made for a combat rifle, and is really easy to use effectively. If you want to be modern though, get an actual good optic and enjoy the benefits. 1-4x optics are very good now, and can be had for cheap ($400 for decent ones, don't go cheaper than a vortex). Holographic sights eliminate any paralax, and are my favorite for about $400-600. Fixed power optics like AGOGs are good, and red dot optics are as cheap as $200 for a good optic. If you have an AR, you should have a quality optic on it. Just make sure the optic suits what you want to do with the rifle.

Attached: 16a4gery.jpg (2048x1152, 329K)

hosing down a 10'x10' cone area directly in front of you while screaming is a fundamental, user.

I forgot to say while hipfiring.

>poorfaggotry

Attached: 5689065.jpg (571x705, 127K)

>No my $30 pot-metal CH isn't a piece of shit, stop telling me that