Rifle Dynamics

What’s the good bad and ugly on Rifle Dynamics. Are they worth the coin?

Attached: 478DDE32-6E1F-4AE3-9441-D7255A156C37.jpg (4802x2058, 858K)

>The rail is on the gas tube instead of dust cover.
>It's an AKM standard receiver.

A huge yikes from me. It's 2019 and any new USDM AK are not even at 100's models yet.

Are dust cover mounted rails not unreliable? I feel like it’s not a good base to mount an optic

they're both shit compared to regular ak side rail adapter

I wasn’t going to mount any optics on the gas tube rail anyway. I’d use it for a pressure pad and laser if I’m feeling spicy. Optic would go on a side rail adaptor

Don’t pay over 1000 for an AK

Which itself is shit.
The AR15 is such a superior rifle that other rifles try to be it. I saw a tube and collapsible stock in the SKS thread too even though the OP was saying he likes historical aspects. Its fucking pathetic. You AK fags should have more self respect.

I know a guy who has a RD AK from when Jim Fuller just started RD. It is a great gun and is well made.

There have been a few threads on Jow Forums about RD trying to silence Rob Skii over at AK47 Operators Union. I would only pay over $1,000.00 for an AK if it came with Zenitco parts.

I have a Serbian underfolder and PSA AK47. I would buy another PSA AK47.

>The rail is on the gas tube instead of dust cover

That's the entire point. The Ultimak gas tube rail is far, far superior for optics than on a dustcover.

Until you have decent receivers and parts kits made in the US, you'll always be paying a premium since demand for foreign parts kits outstrips demand.

Can Chinesium like a Holosun hold up to the heat on the gas rail, or is it better to just shove it on a side mount?

>Zenitco parts
they're cool, but you really don't want quad rails on an ak, if you know about jim's work, you know why too

Eh, that's questionable. My Aimpoint T2 has been 100% fine but that rail gets hot as fuck so not sure if the holosun can take it. My guess is it would eventually die so better to put it on a side mount.

Attached: 4339B515-55D3-4238-B2D1-393A182A137B.jpg (225x225, 15K)

WASR upgraded is a better value. Not worth the coin unless you're a boomer with too much money.

What are the logistics of suppressing something with a 14mm pitch? Is the dead air the only option? Adapters are sketchy from what I hear. It’s one of the reasons I was looking at an RD. 1/2 28 thread pitch.

Short of a cut and rethread, not great. The dead air can is the best option for AK/non standard gats. Best time to order one was yesterday.

>Shit-tier bolt-on non-adjustable FSB/GB
>"lol file it down to zero!"
>NOW with PREMIUM ADJUSTABLE FSB/GB that gets you functionality of literally every other AK's front sight! Only $200 extra!
>Commercial Taiwanese repro stocks
>Gas block rail
>Starting at two-thousand American dollars!
You can buy an RH10 for $550 right now, slap whatever gucci new furniture on it you please, sand the rails and polish the hammer, and even refinish it, and you'll still be WELL under the cost of an RD AK, for the same exact feature set and look, and still have a superior gun built in an Eastern-European military arsenal on ComBloc tooling with military parts.

RD is a scam to separate idiots who don't know better from their money. Don't fall for it.

Attached: image.php.jpg (1066x800, 693K)

People have shot thousands through with stuff like the primary arms microdots on them, holosun will survive

Now here’s an answer I was looking for. Thank you user

Take it the prices are going nowhere but up?

RD used to have build classes.

I built a yugo m92 kit at one. Still one of my favorite AK’s.

Prices are fine for now; NFA wait times, however...

Ah so that’s where my mk18 has been for the past 9 months :^) glad it’s not just me

Jim Fuller only sights the guns in. You’re paying for a name.

It's just true. I love AKs but people need to stop trying to make them into what they're not. Just throw a light on it, maybe a sidefolder, and call it a fucking day. It's just pathetic to see these mutant half breeds. Stop abusing your rifles. Love them for what they are. You don't see towelheads with all that shit and they're still bagging bodies.

Yeah I got you pham.

The American AK market is a minefield nowadays so I'm happy to help people navigate it.

Attached: pretty_good.gif (230x135, 688K)

Different user, why is that?

Just buy an Arsenal. Rifle Dynamics was big back in 2011-2012 when Jim Fuller was one of the only Gucci AK “builders” out there, and bro-tier operators needed some Noveske-tier fag to latch onto. The entire gimmick with RD AKs is their “pointability” due to having the notorious bolt-on gas block front sight, opening up the rear sight notch, and “weight savings” by sacrificing things like the standard side rail mount so you’re forced to use the gay Ultimak. $2k is way too much to pay for a kit-built rifle with Chinesium parts that you can’t even really use with magnified optics. Jim Fuller doesn’t even own the company anymore, supposedly because he’s a crackhead and prohibited from owning firearms lel

What’s wrong with the ultimak? I was looking to get it to mount a pressure pad for a light, maybe a laser, not optics.

Attached: 1B93CEF5-7CF9-4E9D-A51E-4FC82B7010C5.gif (177x210, 2.12M)

>Good
They're solidly built and are a pretty good example of early 2010's tacticool aesthetic

>Bad
$2000 for an AK is pretty gay no matter how you slice it

No receiver siderail for optics for some buttfuck retard reason, so you have to unironically use a gastube rail. Again, despite the fact you're getting raped out of $2000.

>Ugly
Having the gall to charge what they do while using bolt-on FSB and a frontsight that can't be adjusted for windage is pretty much a middle-finger to your face.

RD is essentially to AKs what Noveske is to ARs nowadays. A washed up has-been that is coasting on former glory and is still pricing their wares like they're considered something special anymore.

>JUSTASGOOD

>>JUSTASGOOD
No. It's literally better.

Attached: Naw.gif (281x295, 2.97M)

>Putting your thumb on an AK gas tube
No, go ahead. I want to see this.

What's wrong with railed handguards on AKs?

Attached: 20181208_143019.jpg (3640x1454, 3.88M)

Good
>You can brag about how much you spent on your gun
Bad
>People will laugh once they figured out you spent that on an RD instead of an SGL with a bunch of Zenitco on it
Ugly
>you'll have to file your front sight post to change elevation

With keymod and mlok, you don't need quad rails, they just add unnecessary bulk and weight to an already front heavy rifle. The Zenitco topcover is nice though, as it replaces the original with an aluminium railed cover that can hold zero.

RD AKs are built to bring more of the weight back to the center(or at least the trunnion) where you can have a more "controllable" platform vs an imbalanced rifle with a lot of weight near the end of the barrel.

see

You don't get the railed dust cover without the handguards with Zenit. Quad rails are still fine. The B10M weighs as much as a standard handguard and everything still uses pic.

Are you retarded?
Most railed dustcovers won't hold zero at all.
AK12 railed dust covers are totally different they don't mount the same way as normal dust covers. They hook into the rear sight block and lock tight to the rear trunnion. Probably not possible with standard AKM receivers. I don't know how well they work, but the gas tube is a solid place to put a sight or scope.

Whenever I see someone with an RD AK I check my phone to see if I'd accidentally gotten sucked through a time portal and gone back to 2013

Also the best receivers you can buy in the US still are Bulgarian AKM receivers. Can't buy Chinese or Russian. Polish are rare. But Bulgarians still import regularly.

>an SGL
Good luck. Might be more expensive.

FSGB are weird

Literally exactly how TWS dogleg rails mount m8.

No shit. You can put a dogleg on it or better yet a beryl rail or better yet a side mount scope rail on it for $100. A railed dust cover (dog leg or not) is the last option I would consider.
At least with the railed gas tube they're usually secure. The bolt carrier isn't right under it exerting force on the rear trunnion.