What does Jow Forums think of the trend of super-lightweight, thin, but strong minimalist carriers?

What does Jow Forums think of the trend of super-lightweight, thin, but strong minimalist carriers?

Attached: crye minimalist carrier.jpg (1206x1206, 266K)

>No groin protection
>No Pauldrons
>No Neck guard
Several ways to die

Looks cool, what's MSRP?

Looks good if you has access to immediate, high end health facilities. Much like if you are a police officer responding to an active shooter.

For SHTF or any place where access to the ER room is over an hour away, it doesnt fit that use.

It's not supposed to be armor you fucking retard.

>thin, but strong
choose one

Not that user; but then why is it called a 'carrier' as in plate carrier.

Looks more like its just for webbing, not body armour. Would be cool for Airsoft or Painball or Tacticool Aesthetic though, if it was cheap.

>>>>>CARRIER
This better be like 40 dollars lmao

I have a Crye airlite plate carrier (pic related) that I'm building, I think the real benefit of having a lasercut lightweight PC is that it doesn't collect that much moisture if used in high speed low drag frogman type maritime operations.

I got it for cheap and I will be using it to carry mags, plates and shit on the range. Will something else do the job? Most certainly.

Attached: IMAG0315.jpg (3024x4032, 2.59M)

B-BUT user TWO GUN ACM IS THE BEST THING FOR TESTING GEAR THAT THE MILITARY SHOULD USE...I-ITS BASICALLY COMBAT. LIKE WHY WOULD YOU EVER NEED MORE THAN TWO MAGAZINES OR WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WEAR ALL THAT HEAVY BODY ARMOUR, COMBAT IS ALL ABOUT RUNNING AROUND AND DOING DOUBLE TAPS ON CARDBOARD SILHOUETTES -- OR I MEAN PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR DRUMPF

Attached: hail stan.png (1341x658, 109K)

>this nigga never heard of a spider web.

@40956182
literally nobody said that you dumb nigger
no (You) for you

Been a "trend" for year now. One thing I do hate is the fake velcro pals like that pic. That stuff doesn't hold at all unless you push really hard. It's useless.

what am 8 looking at?

Shit might as well roll around in a bubble

Its Karl, baby.

why would you dox a progun youtuber? Sure you may not like the guy but at least he's on the progun side.

I didn't dox shit. I literally just googled "Karl Kasarda Arizona" and that was the first link.

Why would you attempt to provoke people to make fun or harass a pro-gun youtuber?

How am provoking? I literally just posted public knowledge.

good for operators whose main issue is bullets, not so much for grunts that have to deal with shrapnel

fucking Please, user.

What's your point? When did Karl say anything like this? I'm confused.

Attached: 182235og200cc8jk8zyv4w.jpg (480x480, 24K)

I've highlighted the uselessness of this vest here

It'd be fine as webbing, but not armor

Attached: fugged.jpg (250x250, 18K)

Hi, want to know how I know you've never worn a plate carrier?

Well it's not protecting shit, so what's the point of putting plates in it?

If you need it carry your shit, why not get one of pic related, shit thats meant to be worn over actual armor and has better storage options?

Attached: cadetshop-9615.jpg (1500x1500, 265K)

user, have you ever even seen a plate?

They don't cover your entire torso.

Attached: really.jpg (733x627, 57K)

>For SHTF or any place where access to the ER room is over an hour away, it doesnt fit that use.

If you are in any situation where armor is needed in SHTF, then you are already dead.

He's being a turbo fag and fishing for (you)s. Just hide and ignore the cancer.

fucking Please, user.

You're looking for something like IOTV. No reason you couldn't wear soft armor under a plate carrier, but both IOTV and soft armor + PC aren't going to stop rifle rounds outside of the ceramic plate.

Yeah no shit, anything combat related could kill you. Having a 1/2 inch of kevlar on your neck and groin weighing you down isn't going to save you from a burst of 7.62, it won't even save you from shrapnel.

Fucking lol, just stop and please go read about modern body armor and plate carriers.

Just wear a cloak bro.

Attached: 1522886567760.png (968x877, 714K)

the shit trend isn't light plate carriers, it's the mentality that you only need a plate carrier, and that if you are going to get shot at or fight in SHTF, that will be enough

fucking call of duty tier brainlet fantasy
armor is heavy, buy a fucking helmet and soft armor with fuller coverage or die of a comical shrapnel wound

Attached: 1546742019287.jpg (658x652, 85K)

>shrapnel against civilians

>missed bullets never splatter
>SHTF has rules which prohibit using explosives on civilians

Spotted the SJW

>splatter fud
>SHTF means army using artillery against civilians

Attached: e494a235f06af59e3eb0d3c382afb40b.png (439x1050, 270K)

>buys hard armor
>thinks everything will magically collide with it

>Literally Jow Forums perpetually shits on Karl 24/7
>Some kiwikunt braps some people
>Jow Forums now loves Karl for some reason
wut

He has been in several videos where he wears slim shit for comp and says its better than bulky shit because 'muh mobility'. Which in shit guys were in during all of GWoT was suppressing fire and dealing with Hadji's taking pop shots at them with SVD's, the exact opposite of running.

>all these retards larping with their PCs for shtf
I love these threads were /gq/uccis think they're going to get into a bunch of firefights on the regular, and a couple plates will do them any good.

Plates slow you down. High speed low drag.

>$34 home

Smells like tax evasion.

>Wearing soft armor against bullets

Ok retard

>religion: christian

Attached: 1521972933687.png (327x300, 85K)

>all projectiles will hit this specific spot in the center of my chest, i don't need any other protection
basically you're not only expecting to get shot at, which is ludicrous in itself, but you're also only giving yourself just enough protection to help your chances of not dying before you hit the ground
meanwhile without soft armor any other wound is basically 100% guaranteed to completely incapacitate you anyway

maybe instead of wasting thousands of dollars on useless kit you could invest in ways to ensure you don't get shot at in the first place
body armor is for 60 IQ high school dropouts sent to die in the desert

>Carrier
>Not armor
Back to middle school, Gomez.

Now highlight the lungs and heart

Meanwhile being a nogunz noplates keyboard operator is for 400 IQ College dropouts, amirite?

I'm impressed you're this fucking retarded

>conventional military artillery is the only explosive option in a SHTF scenario

face it
you wasted your money for the chance to play dress up and circlejerk with other retards on the internet about how good your brand of overpriced garbage is vs theirs

Attached: 1249804962448.jpg (485x323, 33K)

You're actually retarded. KYS faggot

>dodging ieds

>overpriced garbage
No, I bought some high quality Level IV plates from a tripfag for less than half what they're worth.
>dressup and circlejerk
Again, wrong. Concealable/slick plate carriers are the way to go unless you're a milfag.

I actually use my plate carrier regularly, as I do basic rifle and pistol instruction and it's nice to know if someone fucks up, I'll probably make it long enough for an ambulance to get to the range.

Attached: 1553364920621.png (400x255, 153K)

>plates on my chest will save my asshole from a chunk of metal flying through my truck's floor

That's my point

So dress from head to toe in kevlar you goddamn retard, it won't save you, mostly because SHTF is a fantasy for retards, but even if you were suddenly plopped into warzone, you'd make it all of 50 feet before you realized how retarded it is.

>Concealable/slick plate carriers are the way to go
if you weren't an instructor who actually had a reason to have basic (absolutely basic) protection, what other actual reason is there as a random person besides LARPing?

it's just not practical unless you have a deathwish and run toward the sound of gunshots instead of away from them

Oh no! Somebody called me retarded! What will I ever do?!? Also what is even damning about what I posted? The financial shit I posted is complete BS given information on other people I have seen on there. So literally the only revealing thing on there is his age and the city he lives in, not even is address. Again may I remind you that its literally the top link on search engines.

They're nice to keep you from getting shot right in the heart. It helps medics maybe save you. However, if you start getting shot up you're going to get all fucked up and probably die anyway.

Attached: cac633ead1ac1776269e856ff75a379d--green-beret-military-photos.jpg (736x552, 107K)

>not wanting the happening
where do you think you are?

>what other actual reason is there as a random person besides LARPing?
Ok, here's a few other real examples.

>someone who goes to public ranges with retards
I've had people shoot when the range is supposed to be clear.
>Owning property innawoods, dealing with poachers
You're not an urbanfag screeching "you don't need that!" like a gungrabber, right?
>As a completely non-lethal deterrent
Brandishing a gun is generally a crime. Displaying body armor isn't, but is almost more threatening. Lots of people have guns. Not so many have body armor. Is this really practical? I've had it be useful, so I'd say so. One time me and my buddies were followed by some people for about 20 miles in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. They fucked off when we got out of the car and my friend put on his level 2 vest he had for his security job.

Is it a rare circumstance? absolutely, but it's something that actually happened to me, and it prevented what might have been a serious escalation.
>bad things happening
riots, natural disasters, temporary lapse in law and order
>it's just not practical unless you have a deathwish and run toward the sound of gunshots instead of away from them
I'm not much of a prepper, I don't buy into the idea that you need to be ready to fight a one man civil war. But things like this do happen. You think our good friends the Roof Koreans would turn down some ballistic protection? Some people have things worth protecting, and running away isn't an option.

If you can't afford it you can't afford it. But I have an OK job, so it wasn't some major expense. I wouldn't rate body armor as a top priority for most people, but it also wouldn't hurt them.

>Minimalist carrier
>Holsters, magazine pouches, boots, and rifle accessories all meticulously weighed
>Skeletonized AR with p-mags to reduce weight
>Certain optics not permitted because they're a few grams overweight
>Never rucks said gear
>Usually just larps in it or wears to to take pics for Jow Forums
>Could literally just go to the gym and get stronger instead of autistically fixating how how to trim off 5 micrograms from your kit
>Not embracing your inner Animal Mother and getting jacked carrying a heavy ass kit.

Attached: wm_9524044.jpg (2544x1349, 503K)

Just get a battle belt. 6 mags on the belt, ifak on your ass, doesnt block your chest in case you need a medic, wear body armor or dont

this

im all about low profile.

the smaller it is, the more likely you will wear it.

what good does a plate do if it's just sitting in your storage room all day?

That website is nonsense. It said I was married with kids and made $250k+.

Attached: 1489964055703.jpg (645x773, 80K)

Retards are out in force tonight

damn bro you're cool what lvl r u on black ops 4?

Why do retards always parrot this idiot logic? If you have no medics, wouldnt you want to wear something that could potentially stop an injury from occuring?
Do you fucks just plan to off yourselves at the first booboo you get?

Efficiency and light weight are good.

TFW he didn't take the shot