Future of combat?

Russians just declassified a new combat system. Basically a mini armored robot vehicle that has autonomous and semi-autonomous mode. They showed one cool feature in semi-autonomous mode: a solider can tell it where to shoot by using his own gun. Mini-tank's gun follows the movement and orientation of soldier's gun.

Does the US have something similar?

Attached: 1526067883804.jpg (1919x1078, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HfYuDHphx1M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5pFziVSmw
theglobalist.com/hispanic-baby-bust-reshape-united-states-population-growth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. Because it’s retarded
Fuck off Vlad

go away niggerspic.

Attached: 1542509285549.jpg (1916x1073, 147K)

>doesn't have a retarded looking high-profile RCWS
nice.

I like the idea of laying down more hate by just having a robot shoot at what the infantry is shooting at.

Does it use a laser to see where to fire?

>In before it's too expensive to be produced in a greater quantity than 5

the robot tank is actually driven by pair of midgets hiding inside

Attached: russian-robot-boris-cover.png (1200x675, 862K)

looks extra one-off and non-maneuverable

Honey Badger's a mean bitch, sir

>They showed one cool feature in semi-autonomous mode: a solider can tell it where to shoot by using his own gun. Mini-tank's gun follows the movement and orientation of soldier's gun.
i'm not gonna lie that would be pretty cool
it'd be better if it had a grenade launcher and some built in mapping software though
imagine spotting some muzzle flashes at night, putting a few rounds near them, and then having your GrenadeTovarisch™ automatically track where your tracers landed, compare that to a built in elevation map, figure out roughly where the thing you're shooting at is, and then blanket a 80x130 meter space around that with HE grenades

kek

Attached: 1552563516243.jpg (1335x720, 131K)

Attached: 1551565925253.webm (1280x720, 1.07M)

Video of it in action:

youtube.com/watch?v=HfYuDHphx1M

This org is basically Russian DARPA from what I was able to gather. They also demoed new combat drones. Previous version destroyed Ukrainian armor and a whole battalion. Wonder what this one will be able to do.

Attached: 1549412070076.jpg (1918x1079, 128K)

they tasted these things out and it didn't work less than half a km out from operator

useful in urban scenarios or maybe forest battles (LOL ARMOR IN FOREST) but really more of a novelty considering russia has all these wonderful concepts that never get down to the regular army and are never tested on the force as a whole

>a whole battalion
Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that Vlad

So basically a wrangler.

Attached: Wrangler_RED.png (250x312, 95K)

>almost full seconds delay from when he aims and when it moves
Its shit

a second is nothing.

90% of russian R&D is vaporware and will never see largescale production

>LOL ARMOR IN FOREST
Isn't that literally the exact attitude that got the frogs steamrolled in 1940?

LOL'd. Except they're selling a shitton of it. And all this shit is combat tested in Syria.

How many of these could one country realisticly deploy? Imagine instead of mining a road you leave these fuckers out there. Then one day you take contact and have these sweep a flank. They arise at a slow crawl from beneath their tarps and forest camo, they can't shoot each other so they shoot at any thermal signature that moves.

They are going to let these run in fully autonomous in a real war, guaranteed.

Batteries would kick the bucket long before you would be able to activate them far enough behind enemy lines to do decent damage.

This looks like it would be quite useful in COIN fighting where casualties are a bigger deal and you're fighting a low tech enemy.

It follows the it designator on his optic, worthless if the enemies has nods or flir since it's effectively a laser designator, the robot isn't actually whatxhing the soldier, it's looking for the it laser.

Attached: 1552976579945.png (1201x565, 247K)

seriously would not doubt it. Look at the seam along the gun turret. Its a hatch that makes it look like someone might be able to get in there.

Forests are mainly bad for heavier tanks like MBTs. For light machines like the Panzer II/I and this thing, they're not crippling.

>And all this shit is combat tested in Syria.
BMPT turned to be out to be an underperformer.
The robot tanks turned out to be a disappointment.
PAK-FA(ilure) was basically only down there for PR reasons.

>They showed one cool feature in semi-autonomous mode: a solider can tell it where to shoot by using his own gun.

Pretty sure the USA has been doing that since the 70s.

Attached: 2U1WQVz.jpg (1195x695, 96K)

Russia has no armed drones. They still buy unarmed Israeli drones because they are so far behind.

Alot of good this will do when "robots" can just bomb you before you can even turn these on. People for some reason don't understand how devastating and fast an all out war would actually be.

WTF?! Is this thing from Battle:Los Angeles!? Start at 1:00 : youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5pFziVSmw

Are you trying to compare 50 year old technology (as shown here: ) to advanced alien technology?

Nice try rus shitposter.

what do all these sensors do?

Attached: 1531989449127.jpg (1918x1077, 170K)

They detect if the guns are pointed at someone that doesn't have HIV, if the target has HIV the guns won't fire.

Best IFF system to this day for the russian army.

10/10

This
Everything created by Russia is shit and everything touched by Russia turns to shit

Objection! The Avro Arrow wasn’t shit.

It wasn’t a super-fighter, but it wasn’t shit either

>doesn't have HIV
here comes StateDept propaganda from a conquered nation. kek

They will probably break down and be scavenged for parts or kill more friendlies than enemies.

p o s t y o u r g u n s e u r o c u c k ) )

Bullshit. Have fun trying to hit a target that is moving with that kind of delay. ranfomly stopping and moving would be enough to never gwt hit by that thing.

>HIV is a lie and NATO propaganda

Sure thing buddy.

Attached: 20161001_EUC716.png (580x634, 72K)

that's dumb you need to get out of cover to show where to shoot. Why not have a pda or a app on a phone to tell it where to shoot

>just declassified
>future combat
>looks exactly like the combat robots you can already buy from the shelf Made in China or if you suck Israels dick Made in Muttmerika

>HIV
>US
>France
>Britain
>going down
Sure thing buddy.

>Rußian
Is it coal powered?

Attached: 1514717109538.png (1078x778, 1.07M)

>kill enemy with robot gun
>take robot gun
>use it against enemy
What could go wrong?

Attached: 1475439404313.jpg (632x516, 71K)

Post ALL of the edits, plz

Attached: Banana Sundays.png (1433x1437, 1.8M)

Shit, Dobby realy get into HRT

BMPT underperformed? Can you give me a source? I heard that is was effective in Syria.

Why not just have a regular machine gun or grenade launcher mounted on the thing? Rather than ducktaping a wii controller to the soldier's rifle. Let him sling his own weapon, and operate the crew served weapon on the vehicle.

Moreover, whats the point of a drone tank if you are already exposing infantry to danger? The whole point of drones is to take the soldier out of combat. Tankers are far less likely to be killed than foot soldiers.

god damnit russia

Pretty sure America still has more HIV overall

Attached: hiv_013.png (2339x1653, 181K)

>Moreover, whats the point of a drone tank if you are already exposing infantry to danger?
There's a reason the US doesn't use UGVs yet. Reception with them is horrible and extremely difficult.

Buildings and obstacles mess up with the control of drones on the ground. That's why they aren't all that widespread yet.

The US doesn’t need something similar, because we don’t rely on high school robot projects to defend ourselves.

>has to merge entire continents

big oof

Attached: 1200px-HIV_Prevalence_-_Adult_by_Country.png (1200x555, 169K)

>I heard that is was effective in Syria.
If it was even remotely effective the vatniks and RT would not have shut up about it, but they didnt. Generally speaking the 30mm were said to be simply to ineffective and they prefered use to tanks to engage enemy positions.

>by region
>merges all of the Americas

Attached: LaughingTitans.jpg (808x960, 102K)

no because Germany and the rest of Europe would bring the average way dpwn

Jesus, that is some advanced level of denial and ignorance.

From this we can conclude that the more capitalist your country is, the more vulnerable to HIV becomes. Meanwhile, the more commie you are, the less you have to worry about it.

Russia has no tech to be able to do that.

>the more commie you are, the less you have to worry about it.
authoritarian control, also china doesn't accurately report its numbers

Dunno seems like the ATGMs and nade launchers would be enough to deal with most targets. It isn't like BMPs and shit like that isn't getting used in open combat. But I also think we shouldn't assume shit and take it as fact, it might have been a total failure and that's why RT doesn't talk about it, but that's all just assumptions. I'm sure if HTS or whoever destroyed one it would be filmed and all over the net. Same when the T90 was hit by an ATGM and the reactive armor just barely saved it.

But almost all of Africa is extremely authoritarian

This tech isn't even good in video games and the Russians try to bring it to life. Tell me when there is a operator with a perfect connection controlling it.

they're also extremely christian and reject all forms of birth control

>extremely christian

lol

>just declassified a new
I watched a demo video for this being utilized in urban combat a couple years ago.

Never seen the version of this image without Hickock 45. Rare lol

they are brainlet, you're just one of those american christians that believes the parts of his book that he likes

you have no idea what you're talking about

Well, Africa, for the most part, is pretty Christians. That came with the colonization by western countries. They're still fucking degenerates down there but Christian non-the-less.

w-what's that from? Not that i care or anything.

Attached: 1552392920598.jpg (800x820, 107K)

I guess they aren't your definition of western christfags

Drone blows it up from the sky. KEK

That was a different robot. This is from a completely different company.

SaburoX

Bullshit, there is a tiny man in the machine.

Attached: 1378594077119.jpg (240x311, 20K)

So they put a tracking camera gun and treads on a M.A.L.P? BFD...

Attached: malp_preview_featured.jpg (628x472, 44K)

kek'd.

Attached: 1537501507776.jpg (500x604, 162K)

Do you even know how many men are in a battalion ivan? A combloc Motorised rifle battalion has roughly 500 people. Ukraine has only had 4,213 KIA. If a substantial portion of that figure were killed by some terminator drone, we would have more sources than some Russian kid on /k

Attached: 1418894208-m113-gavin.jpg (695x596, 153K)

Here come the buttmad hohols... kek

Thanx fren

Attached: 1552610263301.jpg (638x676, 74K)

wtf why is it africa level in Russia?

An even bigger Oof.

Attached: images.png (420x430, 11K)

Homosexuality is still socially unacceptable there. But they have the same amount of fags. They just stay in the closet, get married, and live a parallel gay life. They then bring the virus home to their wives, which is why they have such a high female HIV infection rate.
>In 2015 44% of new infections occurred through heterosexual sex.
Gays may act like jackasses, but if they are allowed to be openly gay, they keep their foul STDs away from the rest of us.

In 2017 the census bureau slashed the projected Hispanic growth. That is just wishful thinking on (((pew research's))) part.

theglobalist.com/hispanic-baby-bust-reshape-united-states-population-growth/

>Isn't that literally the exact attitude that got the frogs steamrolled in 1940?
No, that would be Belgium

Whatever you say Chenghiz Çağatay.

Intervenous drug use mostly.

damn and I always thought those units in SM Alpha Centauri were dumb as fuck

am I the only one concerned canister containing most likely highly flammable liquid facing the enemy without any sort of protection?

Honestly, I just assume all of Russia's new developments are fake until proven otherwise.

This is probably just a dwarf on a bicycle with a fake tank shell around it.

kek

Wow, kot got thicc