Norinco TT3

I've had an eye on this pistol for a bit now. What's Jow Forums's experience with them?

Attached: 20190323_115613.jpg (2237x2736, 3.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dkfirearms.com/product/surplus-yugo-m57-tt-tokarev-7-62x25/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its the AK of pistols.

Poorly machined, poorly executed, prone to breaking firing pins, and its chambered in a once plentiful/now impossible caliber.

Haven't really looked into how much spare parts would cost, but I do know that tokarev is sold by Winchester for $28 a box

Your comparison is dogshit

no experience with the tt3
but i just bought an m57 from classic for $200 and am enjoying it immensely so far
only difference that i can tell is that it has an extended grip that you can get a better hold of and +1 capacity
i find it very interesting and the cartridge it fires is neat
doesnt kick more than 9mm but has substantially more power

only annoying thing is that since these werent made with safeties, they were often fitted with aftermarket safeties by the importer to comply with regulations
they are mostly poorly executed and i wouldnt trust them and the one on mine was sharp and dug into my hand making it uncomfortable to hold
when removed like i did with mine it will leave an ugly hole in the gun
so whether you should by it or not depends on what you want it for
if you just want it because its neat i would highly recommend it
and at $200 you arent at much of a loss

i dont really know wtf you are talking about
what does impossible mean
its very easy to find online
its more expensive than say 9mm but i just bought some in bulk for 33 cents per round shipped
i think you do not have guns

Attached: IMG_20190323_113926127.jpg (3264x1836, 1.3M)

Not a Chinese but I have a Tokarev. They are nothing fancy but are functional utilitarian type of gun, like you would expect out of the Soviet Union.

Once upon a time surplus ammo was cheaper than 22lr. I think the ammo was declared "armor piercing" if it had a steel jacket (which almost all of the surplus ammo had) and practically overnight the price shot up. You can find brass cased made by S&B, PPU and Winchester. Century also imports steel cased under their Red Army Standard as well.

I haven't ever seen a TT in person, are they actually that small or does that guy just have fucking huge hands?

They are slightly smaller than a 1911 but they are not tiny.

Attached: TT33-Comparison.jpg (1830x3207, 1.78M)

>that guy
that is my tok
i guess my hands are larger than average
its not a small gun dimensionally although is quite thin
here it is compared to my beretta 92

Attached: IMG_20190323_115444391[1].jpg (3264x1836, 1.66M)

You are retarded.

Buy online. You can get PPU and S&B for way cheaper. SGAmmo has it for 17 bucks a box new or 18 for 70 rounds of surplus ammo. Occasionally you can find the huge tins.

The Bulgarian loads are the hot loads, which are considered to be armor piercing. IIRC.

Don't dry fire it, because the firing pin RETAINER can snap. Which if you do that, it's an $8 fix and you can tap it in. Provided you can't make it yourself.

Attached: 1545038158791.jpg (666x801, 137K)

>The Bulgarian loads are the hot loads
Not just hot but for about a year, sometime between mid 51 until early 52, their line was double charging about 1 in 12 cases. What is already a hot load became dangerous.
If you want to know what happens to a tokarev when if consistently fires some of that ammo, well eventually the chamber decides to give up and cracks open. I know because it happened to my tokarev.

I would seriously deter anyone from buying Bulgarian 7.62x25 online and tell them to never buy 51 or 52 dated ammo if you are in person.

OP here. Thanks for all the info. The shops selling it for 300 but I think I can haggle down to 250. I'm gonna try and get it next Friday and ill avoid Bulgarian loads and 51-52 ammo like the plague. And I'll decide what to do with the aftermarket safety once I gave the gun. The plan for it is to replace my Taurus pt111 as a camp gun/PDW

Its a shit-gun, have fun constantly spending money on rare ammo, and constantly replacing parts due to poor engineering.

Have fun being poor faggot

>have fun constantly spending money on rare ammo
>he doesn't have a relaoding setup
laughingwhores.jpeg

>7.62x25
>rare

t. nigga who spends 12 dollars on 100rd of aluminum 9mm and can't buy anything else

I'll just reload instead of shelling out for new ammo every time. Besides it sounds like as long as I dont throw out the window down the highway it'll be fine.

Is it just me or does the TT33 points differently than other pistols? Like, when I put the gun up, I can't line up the sights fast and naturally like I would with a Glock or a 1911.

>poor engineering
what is this meme

It's a commie gun thing, I had the same issue switching to a glock because I learned how to shoot handguns with a makarov

ammo is going to be a bitch to find. otherwise it's not bad

can we kill this meme? I can buy ammo fine at walmart or sportsmans warehouse

Can be thrown more accurately than it can shoot. Dirt cheap to shoot, and horrible ergonomics. But cheap

I'm going to piggy back on this thread by asking about the Cz. 52 pistol in 7.62 tok. How are they? Would I be better off with a Serbian Tokarev? There's one at a local pawn shop for a bretty gud price (lower than armslist) but I'm loathe to buy a new pistol that might be underwhelming when I have other gun projects going.
Yeah, God knows 7.62x39 is next to impossible to find.

It says BB. They make those out of milsurps here in russia. Costs 500$. For us, snowniggers, it could have potential value if the conversion is sloppy and reversable (maybe into 22lR), as it was sometimes done with Nuget Wheelgun and Makarow BB.

Is slide bite a big problem for you when it comes to pistols?

I have both a Tok and CZ-52. If the CZ-52 is at 250 or below, I'd grab that. Toks are still cheap and are around.

CZ is a bit snappier than the Tok. Tok sights are stupidly thin. Also the Aftermarket side-safety on the Toks are complete ass and I hate the fact that mine is there.

Ignore dank memes about how hard it is to find ammo (Ammoseek.com is a thing that exists, we're not fucking cavemen) and realize that it's WWII diet .357 Sig that beefs through class III

Unfortunately it's closer to $350. As ridiculous as that is gunbrokers got them listed for buy it nows at $450. I think unless I see one in the wild for stupid cheap I'm just going to save that money and put it towards a 10mm pistol. I really wish I had bought one 5 years ago when Cz 52's were still hovering around $250.

Conversion of non-bullet firing "traumatic pistols" is pretty commonplace among criminals in Eastern Europe isn't it? Has there been any talk of banning traumatic pistols recently?

If it was hard to find ammo I'd not even bother desu. And class 3 as in NFA? Sorry not to familiar with much terminology but legal and parts.

ooohh that's some bullshit. I thought for a second it was a bringback or non-import model but some jackalope removed the fucking safety. 150 -175 tops.

Shitest ok the toks. Don’t even bother with the safety it’s purely cosmetic.

I wasnt planning on fucking with it. I was just gonna leave it as is.

stop it nogunz

not really
only happened once because i held the pistol incorrectly

Someone fucked up drilling the hole for the added-on safety lever.

Norinco have retardedly thicc receivers and their 'homage' guns like the TT3 & 1911s have very rough machining.
They are cheap but you have to put in the work to make it run smooth and not like a Commbrick.
But once they run, they run forever.

Get one, looks good with the wear on it.

Ive got a Chink Tok I picked up for $200 (tfw leaf) and I love it. Makes a nice big fireball, and I've never had a problem with it. Its always gone bang, and Im using shitty WWII or just post war Russian surplus

I still find them around for $250. I grabbed one last year for the price, and then there is another one at my LGS for the same price.

What kind of work would I have to do?

ehh
they always look ugly

Nah mane, get dat Glawk foty instead.

Mainly a bit of filing, bushing and polishing of the internals
But feel free to go crazy with the upgrades.
The good thing about buying Norcs is how guilt-free and cheaply you can mod your piece (Making it your own)
without worrying about value (Unless it is their AKs)

dkfirearms.com/product/surplus-yugo-m57-tt-tokarev-7-62x25/

would I cop boys?

My 1942 Russkie was my first pistol. Still love it.
>Muh history
>7.62x25 is a fun round
>Totally not a JMB design I swear, please look over there, comrade
>Good trigger
>Slim yet reasonably comfy in the hand
>So easy to disassemble and clean
However:
>Shit sights, though acceptable for the era
>Grip angle may be a turn-off
>No real aftermarket

Honestly, just get one. They aren’t that expensive and are worth having.

Attached: 76FE2524-C252-4DB2-81DE-8603D1D2FBB9.jpg (1536x2048, 948K)

Only if it is 9mm like the Norc

7.62×25mm handgun ammo costs approximately 16 cents per round online.

You're delusional, more like 30

they work fine, but they are viewed more bottom tier of toks. the safety(thrown on for import reasons) barely functions and i even got a story from a friend who had one that said his just fell off one day and never out it back in.

OP here again. They're selling it for 300, would it be worth bringing up places like gun broker and such and try to haggle as close to 200 as I can or is 300 a solid price?

Same here. Gay fucking safety.

Attached: 20190313_225442.jpg (4032x2268, 3.45M)

I did the same. Bought a M57 from CFA. I absolutely love it. Then I bought 2 more and a case of 7.62x25. Fun gun and cheap. Now that Zastava USA is ramping up, I hope to buy a new one or 2. They have swanky engraved ones in their catalog

Attached: Zastava M57 New.jpg (800x520, 102K)

>putting that disgusting safety on the new ones
Dammit

nope. look it up faggot. its probably low quality though

I'm not reading all this shit, because this is all you need to know; Don't buy a Norinco, Hold out. Find an old, proper Tokarev TT-33. Get a take home gun that never had the bullshit safeties added. They suck. You'll pay more. It's worth it. The gun will always be worth whatever you paid for it or more, provided you didn't buy like a total asshole, but then it just becomes a matter of time. Sooner or later you'll be able to get back out of it even if you fucked up on the purchase price. Why settle for an imitation??