QTDDTOT

Questions that don’t deserve their own thread

I was cleaning my Indian made Charleville repro the other day and noticed that water was very slowly seeping out around the breech plug. Should I be concerned? Should breechplugs be water tight? I have shot it before, but less than 50 rounds

Attached: 6A231888-DAC3-49A2-A5BB-807F59D9DF8E.jpg (667x659, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/802925770
gunbroker.com/item/801523331
gunbroker.com/item/804306070
armslist.com/posts/9591730/everett-washington-rifles-for-sale--ar15-bcm-spikes-tactical
gunbroker.com/item/799521828
gunbroker.com/item/804796100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'll give you a bump :)

Attached: O7UnQM0.png (764x645, 33K)

Thx friendo
The Charleville is a flintlock musket. The barrel is pretty much a straight tube with the breechplug threaded into the rear. I'm concerned that if water can get through, then the gases from firing it can as well, leading to it blowing up in my face

Attached: BREECH.gif (350x112, 2K)

Can anyone ID this armour?

Attached: DA6E5CDA-C239-4141-ABA1-A410EF729D7E.jpg (716x960, 131K)

What is the rational behind regulating short barreled rifles? Like, are they more dangerous or something?

Attached: E8258F7E-5C17-4C6A-BD41-362FCDF38970.jpg (750x645, 103K)

concelablity aka sawn off shotguns.
but they forgot about pistols.

Why is concealabilty a concern for “rifles” but not pistols?

The NFA as originally drafted included handguns, so concealable rifles/shotguns were included to prevent the obvious workaround.
Then the handgun provision was removed because there was no fucking way that was getting passed, but the others were left in.

How do I move to Kansas city and become a resident so I can enjoy guns and freedom. The country I live in recently converted to fucking islam.

low hanging fruit. Gangster icons of the 20s and 30s were associated with pistols, machine guns, sawed off rifles, and sawed off shotguns despite the latter 3 being very rarely used by criminals in actuality. The MGs in particular were frequently stolen from NG armories. Leftist and nanny state ideas in america were beginning to gain a lot of steam around this time period and since they were getting jealous of all the successful agitation for gun control in western europe it was decided that these guns were the right place to start the "why do you neeeed this? think of the children!" train since they weren't popular with everyday folks either. Fortunately the NRA actually did stuff back then and managed to suck off enough congressmen to get pistols removed from the proposal. We were shockingly close to having handguns be NFA items controlled as tightly as SBRs.

tl;dr same reason libtards ban any gun. It looks scary and they think they can get away with it.

What's the name of the camo clothing ISIS is wearing in this pic and where can I get it?
It looks cool as shit

Attached: 257.jpg (736x552, 52K)

>We were shockingly close to having handguns be NFA items controlled as tightly as SBRs.
Until it got declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, sure.

Looks like cheap chink Gorka variation you can get of Aliexpress or something.

So, I'm close to finishing my firearm licence, and it's time to choose my first shotgun. Can't choose a rifle, you need 5 years of owning a smoothbore to own a rifle.
I want something not-semi-auto and not a double barrel, something that is reliable and easy to maintain. What are my options? What to look at when buying a second-handed gun? I will have to buy a second-hand gun, since anything new and not-Russian is not available here since 2014.

two questions regarding bolt guns
I am thinking about buying a Ruger American in .308. Those come in either flush fit rotary mags or AI style mags. From my limited research the AI mags seem more durable and reliable and come in different capacities and manufacturers, but is there anything else I should consider about these magazines? Is there any other reason why I should chose one or the other?
Also I've got some wolf .308 laying around, is there any reason why I shouldn't put it in my Ruger American in the future?

Attached: 6974.jpg (825x349, 32K)

It sounds like you're going to have to get an Adler lever action with tacticool shit all over it. There are probably a thousand different pumps you can buy, no idea what country or price range you have.
>second handgun
What do you have now. There are shitloads of non-Russian pistols made before 2014.

i have a merican in 308 and have had some issues with the rotary mag so i would say avoid it.
mine shoots steel but sometimes does not like extracting it.

If you're in a situation in which doctors are hard come by let alone a surgeon with capacity to operate, is body armor even worth wearing if you're not taking fire every day but may have to defend yourself like a DOTR or SHTF situation?

I often wonder how far these gear queers take it. I could see a chest rig and a helmet, but all these queers are going to die of thirst and the armor is going to only accelerate things.

Well, think Turks, Russian guns and some of the most common American ones. Something of the sort.
No, I didn't mean a handgun, these are prohibited for civilians. I mean a used shotgun.

>implying they wouldn't just say that they "aren't in common use" since all of the ones that were in common use would have been confiscated, destroyed, or be a felony to admit to owning by the time the court heard it
lol

>impying the men that used to live in this county would not make the streets run red in Washington.

What guns did Brenton Tarrant use?

That and if you're not immediately expecting a firefight, your main defense would either be detection or god's will if they miss you, but fudd dudderston isn't too good with his AR past 60m and rifle plates are hard to wiggle around in, hot and heavy. They seem better suited for a regular army or a situation in which you're going loud or expecting some shit your way. A concealable or otherwise light vest seems to be the ideal along with boots and light pants or shorts (depending on if you're around snakes and stickers) and honestly a T shirt and camelback.
If you go around looking like Sgt. Buttplugs people are going to sneak up behind you and shoot your for your shit and all your nightvision hoarding was pointless.

Think Miller, not Heller. It wouldn't have taken the better part of a century to come up, and with an actual defense, the military application of handguns couldn't have been ignored.

>second-hand gun
>second handgun
frysquint.jpg

Why does my ppks .22 shoot up and to the left at 10 yards with mini mags n stingers but not really with subsonic. Is the higher fps affecting my accuracy or is it because I'm new.

>Think Miller, not Heller. It wouldn't have taken the better part of a century to come up, and with an actual defense, the military application of machine guns couldn't have been ignored.
>Think Miller, not Heller. It wouldn't have taken the better part of a century to come up, and with an actual defense, the military application of destructive devices couldn't have been ignored.
>etc.
What? the courts don't give a fuck about miller except as a means of disallowing rights.

Dont know that this is the board for that. Try int maybe? Definitely google how immigration works. I wish you the best of luck and hope you come here and buy shit loads of guns

Whats a good way to remove light surface rust? My friend let his shotgun get a little bit going. Also how do you even prevent it? Is it because he hasnt shot it in awhile? Slathering the outside of your gun in wd-40 doesnt seem practical

Could be youre new also from what lve seen some ammo just does that shit. Like if l put up a group out of my glock with wolf its a little to the left but if its blazer its a little high

looks comblock to me, doubly so if that's a strichtarn bag hanging there

I was able to adjust for it but I think I was Shakey and my target was small.

In the '30s, there was a ratio something like:
1000 handguns : 10 SBS/SBR : 1 MG
(DDs literally weren't a thing at that time, so I don't know why you're bringing them up.)

So the more-or-less inevitable court case predictably involved an SBS, because that was the most numerous gun at the time.
And that case was lost (barely), partly because of the remarkably weird circumstances where Miller was already dead, but partly because even with a lawyer it's actually hard to show the military usefulness of short shotguns at that particular point in time -- it was after the era when short muzzle-loading shotguns were good for reloading on horseback, and before the era of short shotguns as a breaching tool. Current military shotguns typically had 20" barrels.

On the other hand, if handguns had been included, the inevitable case would have come up even sooner. And unlike the Miller case involving SBSes, that case would have easily been won, because it's absolutely trivial to show the military usefulness of handguns.

>the courts don't give a fuck about miller
The whole NFA would have been thrown out as unconstitutional before Miller ever happened, by essentially the Miller court itself. Not by modern faggots bending over backwards to misinterpret the Miller decision just because it would be "startling" to invalidate the NFA's MG restrictions.

Anyone know where I could find PDF scans of the repair manuals for Soviet-era military vehicles?

Context: Some yahoo on Youtube bought a Soviet crawler and I'm trying to see if there's any cache of documentation available.

>shooting .22 lever action
>forgot hearing protection
>who cares it's just .22
>shoot like 50 rounds
>suddenly one shot is extremely loud, can't hear anything but ears ringing, smoke coming out of action
>thought part of gun exploded
>nothing in gun looks wrong
>shoots fine afterwards

What happened?
My right ear still hurts

Attached: IMG_9775.jpg (456x434, 100K)

Is survival chance high if you get shot in the face but the encephalon (brain and nearby organs) isn't touched?

Let's say the man in the picture got the area painted in blue completely blown off, it just doesn't exist anymore, and gets to receive immediate medical attention.

Attached: face zone.jpg (342x342, 42K)

Did they use hear protection in the old west?

Did you look at the spent case? Sounds like a rim blowout, which is no big deal. I mean, except for your stupid ears.

Does anyone know where I could get a digital copy of the Frank Proctor rifle and pistol dvds? They're not available for streaming anymore, and I'd be basically paying double for the physical copies because of shipping.

Attached: Fronk safe reload.webm (1280x720, 451K)

>Taking your eyes off the target to look down and reload.
Wew

Is there a Download Link for the old Muder/k/ube Stuff ??

.22 can still fuck your ears at the wrong angle. Always use ear pro user.
Always.

Silly OP, water isn't gun's friend oil is. Water makes rust which is bad. Use oil op.

Maybe buying an indian produced gun is a shit idea I think SIG has fully proven this.

You ever seen those photos of hikers who got their face torn off by a bear and took a selfie afterwards? Anything's possible if you don't lose too much blood.

What is a fair price for an IOTV with soft plates

Attached: 85EB84A8-5363-44F8-B8B7-54FA79DDFEC3.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

whats the best way to hold an A2 gasblock for drilling and taper pin reaming without a fixture? is tapping the hole under the gas port and using a setscrew for tension sufficient?

Did Mossberg fix the issues with their 464 levergat? Would a 464 or a current production Marlin 336 be a better deal? Are either worth the $400 or so they're listed at?

Depends if it's got the pee-pee protection or not.
Personally I'd say about $120 for the vest, if it's used. Probably closer to $200 new. With the soft plates, I'd place it somewhere around $300-500 depending on the plates, condition, and how much you need, but I'd go as low as $200 for a used or out-of-date plate system.
Hope this helps, man. Best of luck selling it, you're kind of shit out of luck what with plate carriers being laughably well-made for cheap, now that they're thrust into the public eye.

When cleaning flintlocks water is your friend. They’re a different beast than most guns when it comes to cleaning

Should I?
Or should I get a winchester 1897 or 1912 for slam fire goodness? This will be my first and only shotgun.

Does the border state's FFL policy of 'if you buy more than 1 gun within 1 week, a form is sent to the ATF with your details' ever make you think twice before buying more than 1 gun at a time? Like does it bother you as much as it bothers me? I'm not even looking to do anything sinister... I'd find it just as uncomfortable if buying more than a dozen eggs resulted in my details being sent to an agency.

Personally the 1897 looks a lot cooler

Daewoo KP51 at my LGS for $300. Should I cop?

How much could I get for a Sig Mosquito?
It's in good condition with maybe 1000 rounds through it.

My plates stay in the house, they'll come on if I were to take part in an organized offensive operation like a raid but since I'm your average joe they'll probably just sit around. I have thought of sewing a pouch that can hold a plate to the front of the straps on my day pack so I can have a plate carrier whenever the day pack is on.

you're right. it costs $800-$1,000 for an example with some amount of finish left, lol. maybe ill get a $500 one with a nice patina

my 98 mauser doesnt have a bayonet lug.. anyone know how to install one

I know absolutely nothing about guns nor planes nor tanks.
But I'd like to post here and shitpost like you all do. So where do I begin knowing and learning about this stuff?

pls and thx

Attached: 1450650767554.jpg (800x850, 80K)

Most retards probably didnt but lve heard of things like brass cases and cotton being used

unironically just start with YouTube. Search for common names of guns or tanks, like sks or Sherman. That’ll lead you to the more popular channels, watch their other videos and any related videos that interest you. Start researching on your own once you find a particular gun you want to know more about. That’s how 90% of Jow Forums learns about guns

I have a streamlight protac hl and after shooting a mag out of my ar it stops working. I have to take the batteries out and wipe the ends of them off and it works again. The light doesn't get hot. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix this?

Attached: Capture.png (376x232, 77K)

I was able to find a 97 made in 1914 with decent finish left for $375 at a gun show a couple of years ago. Check local shops and shows. Gunbroker tends to inflate prices on older guns more so than your typical lgs

Thank you friend, I will do just that!

Show pics of stock. The lug is integral to the cone on most models

I want to get a load bearing harness to carry camping shit (and replace my backpack). What do I get?
I've already considered getting a Smersh but I want to know if there are any other options.
Currently debating with myself between the normal ones and the MOLLE ones, anyone have any experience? For some reason the belt on the PKM MOLLE is different and it's kinda weird.

Attached: pkm.png (476x523, 410K)

good advice, thank you user

Getting ccp soon in the mail. I was looking at glock 19's and 17's (gen 4's) but also found some cz's h&k's and baretta's in the similar price range (former two slightly more expensive latter less expensive) however i heard the cz's and barettas are real hit and miss. Does anyone know the good models i should keep an eye out for? Or is the 19 or 17 superior?

I'm no expert, but I would assume bloodloss would fuck you over. Other than that, fine, maybe?

He said immediate medical attention, so they can figuratively hook you up to a 55-gallon drum of blood while they get to work.

$1,200 is way too much for this, right?
gunbroker.com/item/801523331

Would this be my batteries?

Not if you believe in “Museum Quality” Bakelite mags

I'll pay $700 + shipping for it if it has a 2.75'' chamber, assuming this auction ends with no bidders.
>I'll pay $700 + shipping for it if it has a 2.75'' chamber, assuming this auction ends with no bidders.
Sent that to seller. Is $700 too much? lol

gunbroker.com/item/804306070
check this out
no 1897 aesthetic but i love this too

Attached: beth1.jpg (1620x1080, 496K)

2 cuck compliant ARs a mossberg 900 ( I think) and some chinese knockoff pump action.

Opened up with a Mossberg 930, dropped and switched to an AR, went back to car and got another AR, shot a Remington 870 or clone thereof out of his car while driving. He also had a Ruger Mini 14 and a lever action of unknown make in the car, but they didn't get used.

is 2.5'' chamber an issue?

Hello guys been researching AR's to prep to buy my first one. I hear a lot of people recommend the s&w sport II which i looked at and it looks nice, however, was looking into armslist around my area and found this: armslist.com/posts/9591730/everett-washington-rifles-for-sale--ar15-bcm-spikes-tactical

Is this a better deal if i can talk the guy down to 700 then just throw on some irons for now? Sorry i know a lot of people here insist people do their own research but theres so much conflicting information it seems, anyone willing to drop good websites with what to look for? Thank you for your time in advance. sorry posted this in /ARG/ but no ones replying lol

have you changed the batteries? if it's still fucked, it's the flashlight itself

Yeah, that'd be a way better gun than a M&P. Do it.

Thank you. Is that about as good of a deal as ill get on an AR or should i keep looking?

gunbroker.com/item/799521828
16ga worth it?

Sooo, that upper alone is almost $700. Without a BCG or charging handle.

He has a lot of very nice parts added. Pretty much everything is quality. Pretty much the best stock, high quality buffer spring, ambi safety, lots of little things that are really good additions. The only thing I'm not super into is the Crusader meme lower, but fuck it that doesn't matter. The rail is keymod, which you should change for mlok if you don't want /arg/ to bully you.

Okay thank you again for the info. Do you have webpage/youtube recommendations for learning? Everything i look up leaves me lost in the sea of google haha looking for more direction. This is my last question, i promise. Hope you have a wonderful evening bro.

If my state prohibits the sale of firearms/ammo to a 18-21 year old but not possession for that age range, how do I go about theoretically acquiring a gun/ammo?

>inb4 wait
Shit can crack off any day now you’re not gonna catch ME lackin homie!

Fuck it, ask any questions you want. I have nothing better to do.

As for learning yourself, I don't have much good advice. /arg/ is a cesspool, you can't really trust them. Youtubers can show you some things firsthand, I recommend MAC, Hickok45, and Garandthumb. But each of them has their own preferences and biases, and they generally only cover complete firearms. For learning to build shit, Brownells has a lot of good guides if you want to do it yourself. I would highly recommend at some point you put together a complete AR from the ground up. It will really show you how every part interacts.

Other than that, the biggest thing is just get an AR. You can judge for yourself a lot better what is good advice and what isn't after having some baseline to judge for yourself. One person will swear up and down you need a $600 MARS ambidextrous lower, and I'll say I hate having ambidextrous shit clutter up my gun's controls and getting in the way. It's not that one of us is right or wrong, I have my own preferences, and you will too. Until you know what those are, everything else is meaningless. Because even cheap, bottom of the barrel shit like PSA works nowadays, so you can't fuck up too bad when buying an AR. Usually. All that's left after you have a working firearm is getting it to suit your preferences.

Receive it as a gift (not a purchase)
Make it (not a purchase)
Buy it (don't get caught)
Steal it (don't get shot)

>Fuck it, ask any questions you want. I have nothing better to do.

okay, if you insist haha, what optics should i eventually look at, is that personal preference too? Or is there objectively a better type of optic between a 1-6x and a red dot? Etc? are all iron sights the same? Is the top irons vs the 45 degrees off the top a personal preference as well?

>As for learning yourself, I don't have much good advice. /arg/ is a cesspool, you can't really trust them. Youtubers can show you some things firsthand, I recommend MAC, Hickok45, and Garandthumb. But each of them has their own preferences and biases, and they generally only cover complete firearms. For learning to build shit, Brownells has a lot of good guides if you want to do it yourself. I would highly recommend at some point you put together a complete AR from the ground up. It will really show you how every part interacts.

Awesome, ill check them out, and i might disassemble/reassemble the AR i bought to figure out as much as i can

>Other than that, the biggest thing is just get an AR. You can judge for yourself a lot better what is good advice and what isn't after having some baseline to judge for yourself. One person will swear up and down you need a $600 MARS ambidextrous lower, and I'll say I hate having ambidextrous shit clutter up my gun's controls and getting in the way. It's not that one of us is right or wrong, I have my own preferences, and you will too. Until you know what those are, everything else is meaningless. Because even cheap, bottom of the barrel shit like PSA works nowadays, so you can't fuck up too bad when buying an AR. Usually. All that's left after you have a working firearm is getting it to suit your preferences.

I understand, thank you again for being the most helpful person ive seen on here.

>okay, if you insist haha, what optics should i eventually look at, is that personal preference too?
Yes.
>Or is there objectively a better type of optic between a 1-6x and a red dot?
Ok, here we go.

I generally prefer 1x optics (red dots/holographic sights). They're faster and don't have issues with eye relief. I don't want to have to get my head into the perfect position at the perfect distance from the optic just to be able to see anything, like you do with a scope. I prefer holographic sights to red dots because I have astigmatism. It makes red dots look blurry. Not bad enough to really affect anything, just enough to annoy me.

Basically, 1-6x optic is a compromise. A really good one in certain situations. But I don't see myself shooting someone at 300 yards, so my 1-8x sits my range toy. Even at 1x it's not as fast as a holographic/red dot.

For brands, definitely aimpoint for red dots. They're expensive, but worth it. Holographic, eotechs are great. I got a Vortex UH1 recently, like it so far but haven't had it long enough to really know anything beyond initial impressions.

>are all iron sights the same?
No, but all my ARs are flat top. I just use MBUS. In military testing they shift zero less after experiencing impacts than metal flip up sights. I don't see any reason to spend more money on a less reliable sight. Some have features like range adjustments like more traditional rifle sights. I don't see the point in that, see pic related. 5.56 is a really flat shooting round, so zero adjustments aren't a big deal. Some people just feel more comfortable having metal rather than plastic sights. That's fine, but from the research I've done, it doesn't matter. For me they're a backup anyway. I can't offer any advice on fixed sights, they're not my thing.
>Is the top irons vs the 45 degrees off the top a personal preference as well?
offset ones are supposed to be quicker to switch to if you have magnified optic. They also make you look like a tryhard.

Attached: zero.jpg (1600x1200, 349K)

I want to replace my PSA M16A2 stock on my AR to a surplus A1 stock. Do i need a diffrent screw to install it? Anything else besides removing the spacer and screwing it in?

Should just use the same screw

gunbroker.com/item/804796100
I accidentally bid on this drunk last night before realizing it only has a 3 shot capacity. Do you know if I can modify it to 6?

Unless there's something very strange about that shotgun, there's just a rod sitting inside the magazine spring to limit the capacity and keep it legal for hunting migratory birds.

Of course, with sixty years in someone random's hand, it's possible at some point bubba lost the rod (or just decided it was "better"), and limited capacity by shortening the magazine spring and riveting a nail halfway up the tube, or some such retardation. But odds are it's just plugged with a rod like every other hunting shotgun out there.

That's what I thought, but thank you for confirming. Also a $225 1897 12ga from 1957 isn't too bad a deal if it functions well, no? I don't know anything about shotgun markets.

Are there alternatives for OG-107 work shirts? I'm looking for a warm weather shirt with pockets, something I can wear over a t-shirt.

Attached: Westmoreland-and-co.jpg (900x616, 91K)

150 for a Mossberg 500 persuader/cruiser, comes with a stock and a pistol grip 12 ga.. Used but good shape. Worth it or no? It'll be my first shotty and I was looking at others but this seems like a good enough deal.

Can you buy an AR or AK if you're under 21?

Attached: 1552451611170.jpg (842x699, 61K)

I dont think you understand what you're asking..

The fatigue shirt was worn as a regular uniform and the jungle fatigues were worn only in vietnam at the time. The jungle jacket is pretty light, but most guys as shown in picture didnt wear a t-shirt underneath.

Try a combat shirt by itself. All the breath-ability of a t shirt with rugged sleeves and pockets.

Depends on state and local laws but yes, generally it's just handguns and ammo for them you need to be 21 for.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll look into that.