What does/k/ think of the Kel tec SU 16

What does/k/ think of the Kel tec SU 16

Attached: SU16C_bipod_2960web-660x340.jpg (660x340, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Tec_SU-16
keltecweapons.com/firearms/rifles/su16/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based mallninja

Is it intended to be a survival backpacker's gun?

If it was aircraft aluminum id grab one.

plus one point for making a semiauto gun in 5.56 that isnt yet another AR
minus one hundred point for being ugly as fuck and low quality junk

It is what perfection looks like. Haters are just mad that their gay-arr fifteen doesnt have a built in bipod, or the light weight they were promised.

>Kek Tec

big piece of plastic garbage

what's the point of that huge ass bipod?

whole thing looks like a steampunk BAR

No no no, you're doing it all wrong

Attached: lel-kek.jpg (125x125, 3K)

modern day BAR?

>Lel-Kek makes a .223 Steyr Scout shitbucket
>it's over $700
Available in the literal dozens by 2022 for the low mallninja reseller mark-up of $1000. Expect them to get sent back to the factory by the crate.

The only featureless rifle I don't hate entirely

I own one. It's fantastic right up until the moment you shoot it.

Attached: IMG_20190310_230439426.jpg (4032x2268, 2.08M)

yup. and unless it costs over a thousand bucks, some nobody online might laugh at you

so there's that.

It SU CK

>Over $700
Why do you lie?

You wot mine was new in box for 300

I have a tacticool one because AR15s are restricted here so this kind of fills the gap. It works pretty well in my experience as long as you use decent ammo. It is much better in the backpacking configuration as shown in your picture though. It would be a decent tacticool gun if it was made of aluminum

It’s basically nerf or nothing

They're alright

Attached: su161.jpg (1152x2048, 207K)

Had two at different times.

Accuracy was acceptable. Weight is very light. Ergonomics work. Price is great. Sights are useless and you absolutely need to put an optic of some kind on the plastic rails. Reliability was actually quite good. It really begs for a sling attachment point (there isn't one).

There is just one thing that spoils it besides the useless sights. The plastic body just feels too cheap. You can tell the stock takedown gets a bit more wobbly every time you use it. The receiver flexes. If you drop this gun, it might be fine or it might split the receiver and be completely fucked. That's very unsettling in an innawoods/backpack gun. I'd like to know if I have to drop, fall with or throw my backpack, the rifle in it won't break.
If it had a reinforced receiver, I'd pay a little more money and accept the extra weight.

nice cat, man.
mane coon?

Yeah maine coon, not a pure bred though. Still fluffy

Attached: XMAS20171-01.jpg (1199x2175, 1.71M)

It's not a GTW gun but it's a great plinker

OH NO! YOU LOST YOUR EYES IN A HORRIBLE ACCIDENT DIDN'T YOU!

It's like an AR-15 and a Steyr Scout had an abortion.

Same as almost all LelKeks
Fucking awesome design and concept, piss poor execution and will probably an hero inside 5,000 rounds

I have owned this rifle and I found the POI changes alot between bipod mode and regular. It was a pain in the ass to clean too.

No I think it's a cat

Is this supposed to be one of those stupid fucking guns advertised as "California legal"

They have a Cali compliant model, see But they also have non-cali ones

Recoil or trigger?

Itheres documented examples of the bolt carrier cracking open the receiver by peening the fuck out of it,

also plastic receiver what the fuck,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Tec_SU-16

not him but just general build quality. like it sounds great on paper in on the internet. then you hold it and it feels like you could easily snap it in half if you tried. a nerf gun feels more solid and substantial. when you shoot it it feels like any moment this shit could explode. nothing about it inspires confidence but youve already bought the damn thing.

Recoil is bad, muzzle blast without any device is really bad, sights suck, bipod sucks, trigger sucks, factory mags are literally useless and don't work, taking it down is a cunt.

It's a great woods gun in places without any actual threats because lol223. If it was in 300 blackout, it would literally be the perfect medium game rifle/innawoods rifle because it's really light and really handy but shooting it is complete ass

He lost his eyes in a tragic boating accident

Ok I agree with most of the stuff being said here but,
>recoil is bad
Recoil is fine, it's 5.56
>muzzle blast is bad
It's the same as an 18" ar, it's fine
>factory mags are useless
They feed reliably and I've never had a malfunction with them. Only gripe is they dont drop free, but the trade off for that is they can be stored in the stock

Kel Tec make... innovative guns, but the quality is a little meh. I would buy one

This is pretty much my whole view on Kel Tec. Sure they have QC issues and they overprice their guns, but they make unique things that are either middle fingers to laws (KSG, RDB Survival, etc) or are just so weird nobody else thought of them (SU16, Sub 2000, etc.) and a part of me respects them for that.

I like mine. Not as robust as an AR but a fun, lightweight, and neat-looking rifle for plinking/varminting/truck

Attached: 51615169_289596501705581_6217425358115831808_n.jpg (3910x2930, 771K)

It's decent for what it is. Even CA Reeing won't stop it. If you want a lightweight .223 that will feed and hit shit, it's awesome. If you want an AR and can only get the SU, it sucks.

It's the same shit as people comparing the M1 carbine to the M1 garand and shitting on the carbine because it's not .30-06. It was never supposed to replace the .30-06. It was intended to outperform the 1911, which it absolutely fucking does.

>It's the same shit as people comparing the M1 carbine to the M1 garand and shitting on the carbine because it's not .30-06. It was never supposed to replace the .30-06. It was intended to outperform the 1911, which it absolutely fucking does.

This may be one of the dumbest analogies I've seen all month.

>>/reddit/

keltecweapons.com/firearms/rifles/su16/
Their own damned website, don't bitch at me. The version D is listed at 900.

you can get SU16s for $400 on gunbroker