What do you fags think about Tec-9s? From any angle, value, history, reliability (kek), infamy, aesthetics.. etc

What do you fags think about Tec-9s? From any angle, value, history, reliability (kek), infamy, aesthetics.. etc

Attached: ktec9.jpg (1520x1008, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homemadeguns.wordpress.com/2018/04/20/photos-of-illegal-tec-9-submachine-gun-factory-operating-in-montreal/
youtu.be/YuKHabQDsEY
therandomfirearm.com/2016/01/history-of-tec-9-and-dating-tec-9.html
youtu.be/NYPZ3X4MntA
armslist.com/posts/9385165/columbus-ohio-handguns-for-sale-trade--intratec-tec-dc9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the only model worth a damn is the KG9 since it's open bolt and you can quickly convert it in the habbeding

It was designed by George Kellgren, so it's just what you'd expect from him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that also one of the models known for frame cracking if shooting anything above 115 grain?

Isn't that the Columbine Tec-9

Yes, it's a police photo of the AB-10 used in the Columbine massacre

Some folks in Montreal were making them in a factory with machined metal lowers in lieu of the regular injection molded plastic.
>homemadeguns.wordpress.com/2018/04/20/photos-of-illegal-tec-9-submachine-gun-factory-operating-in-montreal/

Attached: Montreal TEC-9.jpg (796x530, 166K)

It's pretty cool

Attached: Falling_03.jpg (1901x790, 368K)

Hell, I want one if those. I wonder how they stacked up against the real thing

The tec 9 should only be used with 115gr anyway. You can put a tec-9 upper onto a kg-9 if you want. It has the screw-on end cap instead of the open rear of the tube.

That's a mini, not an AB-10. Note the threaded barrel.

>value: awful
>history: it's been in some neat movies
>reliability: buy a bunch of magazines and find a few that work, insert and pull down to lock when you reload. Shoot 115gr brass FMJ
>infamy: edgefags love it certainly
>aesthetics: I just love the brrrrt. It's faster than my mac-11 with 115gr

Attached: 1549545419439.jpg (1952x1326, 498K)

i always thought that it was a jamomatic pos.

Anywhere you recommend buying mags?

Also, yes, my mistake. It is a mini

Makes niggas dead

>The tec 9 should only be used with 115gr anyway
Why? Will it beat itself apart with heavier ammo? Can a cracked frame be repaired?

Neat history. Value does go up on them. They are not great guns as is, but they do have a niche collectibility standpoint. I paid $350 for mine a year ago and I could probably sell it for almost twice that. Mine did not like the aftermarket mags that came with it, at all, but once I found factory mags it’s been 100% reliable. The trigger is the worst on any gun I’ve shot. It’s heavy and painful. Usually I don’t shoot more than a mag through it because my trigger finger gets tired. This also effects the accuracy at anything much past 7 yards. Here is a pic on paper of mine; the middle target is 7 and the top right is 15 yards. As a scale of reference, I can shoot tighter groups with my subcompact Glock 26. Overall, I enjoy mine. It has a cool factor, notoriety, and an extremely iconic look. Everyone knows what it is and everyone wants to shoot it. If you can get a good deal on one I’d recommend it

Attached: B6473A3F-3F66-44B5-949C-8C4AC09AD23B.jpg (3024x4032, 3.59M)

How's reliability? Jam often or no? Do you think $550 is a decent deal on a preban in decent condition?

What model is it? With the aftermarket mags, it wouldn’t cycle more than 5 rounds max without a jam. With my te factory mags, it will feed anything as quick as I can pull the trigger. I’ve never had a jam with the factory mags, even with that shitty Winchester steel case ammo.

What all does it come with? The mags are a big deal because the factory mags run up to $50 apiece. You can identify the factory mags because they’ll have a small indent running vertically up the magazine

Attached: 5A4FA241-830E-463E-933C-898BAC4C1C47.jpg (4032x3024, 3.49M)

>reliability
if i was ever attacked by a gunman, id want him to be using a tec-9

>reliability (kek

If you were able to somehow successfully ram a first round into the chamber, then it might at least shoot once

youtu.be/YuKHabQDsEY

It's a TEC-DC9 with 1 factory mag.

ideal for home defense.

not to mention they came with suppressor and worked in full auto according to the news lol

Attached: tec9copytoronto.jpg (1220x754, 147K)

Attached: tec9copytoronto2.jpg (843x425, 161K)

The DC9 is actually marginally better than the Tec9. Something about the firing pin being reinforced or something.

That’s not a terrible price from what I’ve seen on gunbroker. Is that a local sale? If you don’t have to pay shipping and FFL, and you want a tec9, definitely go for it man. They’re only going to get more expensive.

Yeah, it's local. I told him I was interested. I think this was the encouragement I needed.

Simple, compact, affordable.

Sweet man. Maybe try and talk him down to $500, but in today’s market $550 in your hands isn’t bad st all

Nice Calico dude

Thanks m8. So far I haven’t gotten it to even chamber a round with three different types of ammo though.

i feel like shit and just want him back

Attached: tec-9.jpg (594x446, 98K)

I had one. It would feed fmjs reliably from the 30 round mags reliably. That is all.
Hollow Points - Jam
50 round mags - Jam

It looked cool in Big Trouble in Little China though

I've been fucking with mine for a while, found a couple mags, but every one does the same thing, I'll get rounds that fail to feed and end up going sideways, getting caught inbetween the bolt and chamber.
Any ideas on fixing it?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190323-225808_Gallery.jpg (1047x870, 1022K)

Get factory mags. Yours are aftermarket. The correct mags will have a crease running vertically up the mag and cost about $50. Mine refused to run with the shitty aftermarket mags, so I sold them and bought a couple real ones. I had the same problem; I couldn’t get more than 5 rounds to cycle with 3 different aftermarket mags

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.

Attached: M8jtCaw.jpg (1326x1657, 317K)

If they worked well they'd be perfect.

It's glass-reinforced nylon of some sort.
Tommybuilt uses what they call polymer welding to replace B&T stock hinges that break off polymer lowers.
They also convert SL8's into G36 by cutting and grafting the ends of G36 receivers with the stock hinge onto SL8s. They are nylon 66, so it should be a similar process.

Waiting for a deal on gunbroker mostly. Look for mags that look intratec factory but also have a lot of visible magwell wear. The finish should be rubbed and show shiny metal to a third of the way down.
Lots of wear means it probably worked well enough to be used regularly.

If someone's sell a mag that look minimally used, it's probably a lemon, with poorly dimension feed lips that either prevent rounds from stripping, feed at bad angles, or rub the bolt.

Attached: F44er6q.jpg (1600x2423, 2.63M)

Awesome. It's damn shame nobody want to make money by making new versions with Brace adapters and rails.

utter trash

what's the problem with the aftermarket ones that cause the failure? feed lips?

Idk, probably. With the strange feeding problems I’d guess the geometry is fucked and the bullet is angled improperly. Maybe you could fix it but it’d probably be more effort than it’s worth. Just sel your shitty ones and spend $100 on real ones. It’s actually a very reliable gun with proper magazines, almost absurdly reliable. I magdump that awful Winchester steel case and it eats it right up

Any pictures of the factory mags? The one in my pic was labeled as factory and cost 50 bucks but I guess I got fucked.

Would you recommend an M-11 over a Tec 9? Any thoughts on the Kimel AP9?

I've been wanting an aesthetic 90s ghettoblaster for some time.

its proof that gun legislation never works as intended

Cheap shitty gun for ghetto trash

Highly, highly aesthetic. Especially shit like and with that handguard.

Does anybody know where to buy an AR15 handguard that looks like that?

A transferable M-11 is the better value certainly. You can set the rpm from 600 to 1800 by using heavier bolts or adding buffers. There are several uppers, and soon the Tenko 11/16 adapter will let you use AR uppers, including the Shrike. It takes 124gr ammo if you want. You don't have to baby it assembling and disassembling it, or avoid aerosol cleaners on the plastic.
Most importantly, the M-11 has a stock so you can use it at indoor ranges.

There are no transferable AP9s as they started in 1989. Looking at parts kits the design very similar. I don't know if the lowers are more or less durable.
Since the trigger slap is awful on closed bolt M11s, and lack of a stock isn't a safety issue in semi, perhaps try the Tec DC9 (newer and usually in better condition at a similar price, unless you want a supressor) or an AP9

Is the DC9 the same as a mini?

Everything other than simple is true

It's the last full sized model, produced from 1991 to 1994, ensuring it has the least age.

The threads are moved back half and inch so it can still take a barrel extension.

therandomfirearm.com/2016/01/history-of-tec-9-and-dating-tec-9.html

It simple and just like a sten in design and operation.
And the closed bolt semi versions were made with the same design change as closed bolt stens: the part of the bolt the sear used to catch is cut out (the little square piece, on a sten) so it hangs back and the rest of the bolt always rides forward. Drill a channel for the firing pin that gets held by this floating piece.

So the sear simply releases the firing pin the way it previously released the whole bolt.
You can convert a sten or a tec back to open bolt by welding this floating piece and the firing pin into the bolt, so the sear catches the whole bolt again.

Attached: 1524857063068.jpg (956x297, 32K)

The closed bolt variants were really ingenious for it's time. Kind of no different from an AR (upper and lower portions, but striker fired). I'm just surprised there hasn't been a lot more development with this, considering it's simplicity.

Also, the reliability thing is just the result of it being a blowback 9mm. The best ammo for it is usually Winchester 110 grains (White box)

This kind of gun samidzat is impressive. Thanks user

You some kind of emo edgy Columbine larp?

Six
Demon
Bag

It's the type a shit that make the 'hood go crazy
youtu.be/NYPZ3X4MntA

Attached: tech-n9ne-dennys-ilic.jpg (745x521, 46K)

Are they banned, or did they just stop making them?

your closest bet will be a Troy Alpha rail. That, or buy one of those basic bitch free float tubes and drill a bunch of holes into it.

ive posted like 3 times in this thread that theyre the ones with the vertical crease down the middle of the mag. pic related

Attached: tec9mag.jpg (1000x1000, 165K)

Intratec went out of business and later became Kel Tec

Hmm I'd bet it's a simple design to replicate with a bit of metalwork and a 3d printer. Anyone try making one that works???

Lol bills. Minnesota man.

> Bro, it was my kg9

Attached: Annotation 2019-03-25 031557.png (466x700, 488K)

Think these will do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190325-141330_Brave.jpg (810x2444, 534K)

I saw a half rusted tec-9 for sale on armslist the other day with a literal shoe string sling. Buyer was interested in cash or trading for glocks. I deeply regret not screen capping it.

Found it!
armslist.com/posts/9385165/columbus-ohio-handguns-for-sale-trade--intratec-tec-dc9

Attached: Screenshot_20190325-162232.png (1080x1920, 705K)