/NFA/ General - Fuck the ATF Edition

Finally got my 22 can out of jail this week, ATF had approved it since December and didn't mail the stamp to my dealer until this week.

Attached: 3stamp.jpg (2016x980, 827K)

I’m on day 214 waiting for my omega 9k. I also put in an efile form 1 in last week because the wait short right now.

That scorpion was approved in 215 days, should be any day now!

Yikes. Reminder to call and ask about its status every week.

All ATF told me was "Approved 12/xx/2018, contact your dealer and have them call us"

Turns out the fuck up was on ATF's side, my dealer got a whole fucking postal box of stamps delivered to them on the same day despite being open the whole time (I had a non-NFA transfer there between December and now)

Huh, weird. Never seen that happen before. Aftereffects of the shutdown maybe.

I'm jelly. I want to buy a scorpion and SBR it bad. How do you like it?
I'm waiting on my switchback for my mark 4, but I'm fucked on it for probably another 8 months.

The scorpion literally shouldn't be sold in anything other than SBR format. The cuck brace is maybe 10% as good as the factory stock, and I'm not even exaggerating. The platform is only going to get more popular over time, aftermarket support is finally starting to roll in and make this thing even better.

I'm planning on picking one up with the brace this summer, as soon as I do I'll file the form 1 on it. I'll have to pick up another can too. It gives me the excuse I need to get a 9mm can.
I keep trying to talk myself out of getting the scorpion but I'm getting close to just giving in.

Any anons build form 1 suppressors lately?

Attached: i.jpg (1228x803, 247K)

Damn, that's a bummer man. I called once a week after I hit the average wait time. Just picked these two cans up from the dealer yesterday, SilencerCo Omega 300 and Sparrow. My third can, a YHM Wraith XL 45 was approved a week ago but the stamp wasn't at the dealer yet. SBR was just approved Thursday as well. 8" 300 blk with a dedicated 4.5" 22lr upper I can swap on.

Attached: 20190322_181535_20190323151322577.jpg (3385x2049, 3.04M)

I bought a Diversified Machine .22lr can kit last month but I'm waiting for SilencerShop to get their Form 1 service back up so I can get the ball rolling on it.

Scar 17s & AR15 - which works with a suppressor better?

Brace yourself

Attached: 20190313_195250.jpg (4032x2268, 2.49M)

That's an abomination.

AR
>quieter to the shooter
>gas to face is no more severe than SCAR, and can be remedied with 10 cents worth of RTV sealant (SCAR cant be)

Diversified Machine looks like they have some really good stuff. I've been thinking of building a suppressed .300 blackout SBR. I think I will try D.M. for my suppressor parts.
Also, how long has the SilencerShop service been down? If it isn't up soon I would just send it yourself.

Attached: Untitled2.jpg (1028x558, 131K)

an acog on an 8"?

Do you shoot pigs with it or just larp?

I got my form one back in 18 days just last Thursday. Can’t wait for my AK to be returned to me

Attached: ECD620EE-24FB-42DA-98C9-37B56DBB127B.jpg (2947x3926, 3.18M)

E-File? I am debating doing my 300 bo but I already have 2 stamps coming and I really need to think about doing a trust at some point.

Good info ty

I had bought the Form 1 service from them back in November last year and then they had the whole issue with the ATF backtracking and saying something wasn't alright with their system. SS took the service offline before the gov. shutdown and it's been listed as 'out of stock' since then. Their process was finally approved in February and they started processing all of the forms that were backlogged, supposedly the service will be listed for sale again 'very soon'.

It's the mini 2x acog. I haven't shot anything with it yet since it was just approved 2 days ago and I haven't had a chance to take it out, but it is just going to be a range toy.

so what's the deal with eFile?
>pic related

Attached: efile.png (525x474, 35K)

Mailed out the fingerprints for the second one just this morning. Hopefully efile takes as short of a time as other people are reporting.

Attached: stage 4 cancer.jpg (1471x720, 276K)

Well dang, that's crumby. Hopefully they get things going soon, so you can get your .22lr suppressor built.

Attached: 9mm frens.jpg (998x617, 187K)

There's a special place in hell for people like you.

I dunno, that message was an instant tl;dr for me, just clicked ok every time.

>Nothing of value was lost.

Prove it

They both came in beat to shit, the second one I had to spend about as much as it was worth just getting the parts to restore it.

Yea. I went through a lot of bullshit with the ATF playing games with SilencerShop and waited a while but when it was actually submitted it only took 18 days.
Now is certainly the time for form 1s

Attached: E07688CD-49CD-49BE-B1E0-DC3D9A33179B.jpg (2980x4026, 3.07M)

>YOU ARE ACCESSING A U.S. GOVERNMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM, WHICH INCLUDES: (1) THIS COMPUTER, (2) THIS COMPUTER NETWORKING, (3) ALL COMPUTERS CONNECTED TO THIS NETWORK, AND (4) ALL DEVICES AND STORAGE MEDIA ATTACHED TO THIS NETWORK OR TO A COMPUTER ON THIS NETWORK
like is this saying my computer or just the ATF's network, its honestly not clear

Do u drive a prius?

I did mine through SilencerShop back in October. I finally submitted it in the 24th of feb officially and my stamp has been approved finally

Attached: AE61DD22-DCE7-444A-A215-E2A62D9A294E.gif (400x204, 44K)

How about that swag bag tho? I like the little low volume patch. Planning to use my $75 gift card toward another tax stamp.

Nope corrolla. She’s been good to me. I used to drive a ton for work (hour 15 each way) and I would literally get 38 mpg on average.

Attached: 5B72C5AA-6EAA-494B-B923-9B8A990E447F.jpg (3024x4032, 2.94M)

Me too, I unironically like the hat and think it looks good.
I’m going to put the 75$ to a suppressor, I’m just waiting for the saker 556k to go back in stock.

Attached: B5BA1042-DC7A-40B1-BB09-A7A6F3191100.jpg (3024x4032, 3.5M)

>owns glock
>goes colt mag anyway

Absolute madman

My AK102 is gonna be my next stamp. Waiting on the kit to arrive and the ATF to return my stamp for the receiver

Attached: Pistol shotgun.jpg (4032x1962, 3.97M)

glock mag ar's are ugly as a motherfucker

U WOT M8

Attached: 20181128_233609_20181129233715022.jpg (3576x1817, 1.51M)

Pretty much, I'd gladly pay twice as much for a Colt mag for the aesthetic alone.

Attached: WP_20190322_008.jpg (2896x1367, 1.11M)

that's gross

no u

the mp5 mag lowers are peak 9mm ar aesthetic

MP5 mags and anything that resembles them is pretty much top SMG mag aesthic honestly. Probably a quarter of the reason I'm getting a Vityaz this year.

That angled magazine look doesn't sit well with me. To each their own though.

Attached: NotAMK18 REEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (1018x428, 113K)

which one ripped off the other

I will fuck my own eyesocket before I use an N1 stock again, so...

Attached: WP_20180127_005.jpg (3072x1728, 2.43M)

I don't think either of us ripped anyone off. His rifle is currently better than mine. I went for a minimalist look.
That being said, my gun account is almost ready to purchase my new lower. shh, don't tell /arg/ :)

>retro grip
But why?

Jealous. Im almost 2 months in waiting for my eform. But they did contact me and ask for more pictures last week, so I guess i should expect delays. All you kids here and your scorpions, im back in the 60s getting a škorpion.

Did you have to dremel one of the KAC panels to get them to fit on the bottom rail with the KAC VFG? I could not get the 2 and 4 rib to cooperate with it without filing away a bit of the end of one.
Because A1 grip is best grip.

Attached: WP_20190209_001.jpg (3072x1728, 1.97M)

a1 grips are fucking fantastic; no reason needed.

Nope, they clipped right in.

Well that just makes me pissed the hell off thinking that my KAC rail panels and KAC grip would not work properly on my KAC RAS because why the fuck not apparently.

That is pretty fucked. Can't really be user error, either. Pretty much can't mess up with putting on rail panels. I'm clueless.

Are those oil filters still up for sale on Amazon?

>blease take my fingerbrints and all bersonal information
>fuck the goberment amirite?

I mean it's fixed now and looks totally normal but what the absolute fuck.

Attached: WP_20180909_002.jpg (2917x1415, 1.35M)

>ar15s

Attached: field.jpg (1512x2016, 758K)

what makes the stock so much better than the brace? its seems more cuckish to me to tell mr. atf anytime I want to take my possessions across state lines.

Is there any massive issues with the cz suppressor that I'm not aware of?

I want to do exactly pic related

Attached: 17z_CZScorpionS2SuppressorCutaway.jpg (3647x1886, 211K)

You can't run just the can, you'd need to get a short barrel specifically but otherwise no. I kinda want it, but at the same time sealed cans on even 9mm worry me. They're disposable for LEO but lifetime for us plebs, and I want to clean them if possible.

just hit 300 day wait a few days ago on my pistol can. as of last monday, its still pending.

Attached: 11.5sbr.jpg (4492x2460, 3.84M)

>it's Just As Good (TM)

No, the LOP alone makes a huge difference. The rigidity and being able to fire with the stock folded is another reason. And third, if ATF found out you took your SBR across state lines without a permission slip, you already fucked up at least twice. Far more cuckish to get your flexible limp rubber extension instead of a rock solid stock.

Attached: a06e9f7feb8e141a7b5965cbc6f7c6ef3084ca008dd70e2aed1fa0256d8a3eac_1.jpg (739x779, 55K)

im thinking about a dm kit for a 22lr suppressor. my biggest concern is fucking up the baffles, all i have a cheapo drill press

I know about the barrel, I can cut it down myself but as of now it looks like precisely zero people have ever bought one. I'd 100% leave it on my scorpion permanently and thought I'd check 4chin for made up stories of "it explodes after 10 rounds" first

I agree and I own a Glock mag AR, he needs to get that red thing off the magazine. Shits gay.

Attached: Dredd.jpg (341x411, 21K)

I hear you, but most braces are plenty solid, so thats wrong. Would be nice if we didnt have to do either cuck thing though.

>its seems more cuckish to me to tell mr. atf anytime I want to take my possessions across state lines.
Do you dumb niggers just not know anything about the aspects of owning NFA shit?

just be slow and be sure to have them secured while drilling, some have jigs available. some idiot on youtube just handrilled them without having them secured down at all and his turned out fine lmao

Anyone know the wait time on e-form 1 suppressors? I'm thinking of building one and having my local sot "recore" it.

like 2 weeks, usually under 3. but i posted this (, ) which i find pretty sketchy and thus haven't actually bitten the bullet yet. am i just 'noiding out?

i dont think you are, just prep your stuff and go to the library and use their comps.

I'm not really worried about that. If the government wanted to access your computer, they would do that anyway. No individual just applying for a can is interesting enough to justify a serious warrant to have a mobile hack of your computer. If you're really that worried, do it from a public computer

I have a question about e-file as well. I have a trust with some NFA items on it already from back in the day. Can I use this new e-file method to add new NFA items to my trust or am I stuck with the ye olde paper method?

yeah but there's significantly less people applying for this shit than the general population of the US. i don't really have anything to hide and know that as soon as i'm of interest to the government they can know everything about me but, like, its just weird. also i was mostly wondering why nobody has ever discussed this. in my searches nothing has ever come up about this message idk man

That prompt means literally nothing, don't worry about it. Once you get to the actual site you'll understand, it's hot fucking garbage made by a third grader.

Because the atf is an underfunded, inefficient government bureaucracy with far less staff than is needed to have a surveillance network of every single nfa applicant in America. There's roughly 2.5 MILLION nfa applications per year. You're not that interesting and the atf doesn't have the resources to deep dive into every citizen who wants a tax stamp

Bump

That SBR Draco is basically a PM90 clone right?

I’ve got a Dead Air wolverine in jail.

Submitted a stamp for my Suomi tonight. Got a 10.5” A1 build that needs a stamp too. When my receiver gets in, I’ll be submitting a stamp for my plum 7.62 Krink build too. Pretty excited with how quick stamps are coming back. I’d like another pistol can, but it’s not in the budget

Individual or trust?
I know individuals are coming back crazy fast but I haven’t heard much about trusts

Do you ever have issues with the rear sight of your Mk IV? The screw that adjusts the rear sight windage keeps popping out whenever I shoot. Pic related. I'm thinking loctite?

Attached: 20190324_013404.jpg (2160x2160, 1.15M)

258 days and still waiting since my Turbo 556 went pending.
Also, fuck Gym Ratz Nutra. I spent two fucking months waiting for them to ship a Rugged Obsidian 45 and I delayed filing for another 2 cans figuring I could file 3 at once.
By the time I file I'll be lucky to get my 3 cans back by the end of summer 2020.

>Corrolla
>Aero POORcision
Makes sense.

I'm in IL, submitted my Form 1 via efile on 3/15.

Should I? I'd add an RMR on a Scalarworks mount and a stubby can and call it gucci.

Attached: meme gat.png (893x743, 121K)

Is it worth jumping through hoops to stick a stock on my mp40? Got a 500 gsg mp40. Glad the guy knocked sixty dollars off so i can spend it on fixing the mushy trigger.

Attached: 20190225_221355.jpg (4160x2080, 3.89M)

Can't help but to think you could build something much better looking for $2k.
It's not terrible looking though.

Well sure I could do a pistol-cal SBR like a Zenith MP5 I suppose, but I wanna have a smolboi with rifle-tier muzzle energy. Sure a 9mm fired from an 8" SMG barrel is better than from a 4" handgun barrel, but it seems like a .300BLK fired from a 5.5" still comes out on top ballistics-wise over the 9mm. SMGs have a great track record of stacking bodies, but if I can get .300BLK muzzle energy in an SMG form factor, why bother with SMGs anymore? The future of tiny rifles is here.

I meant build a better looking .300BLK SBR. I didn't say anything about pistol caliber.
Fuck it though. If you like that Rattler and have the extra cash, go for it. I'm just some random on the internet.

Oh. Well yeah sure I suppose I could. I've been eyeing the Noveske N4-PDW as well, but the footprint isn't nearly as small and it's a D/I gun instead of gas piston.

Basically. I have dong furniture waiting for it and if I don’t like that I also have some really pretty palmswell handgaurds. I’m still debating what optic to put on it. I’m leaning toward obzor but Idn if it will look goofy on a SBR

Attached: 37C8566B-3FC6-4302-AB0D-89D158D9D8E3.jpg (1125x1441, 2.49M)

Mine was an efile trust so seems like they are all coming back quick, form 1s atleast

Attached: 9E845360-EA96-44B1-81AA-18FE2DC7FE68.jpg (3024x4032, 3.07M)

No you should buy it as a pistol
And then form 1 instead of having to do a transfer.

Do what said, eForms are coming back in 3 weeks vs having to wait a month for a form 3 and 7-12 months for a form 4 to clear from your dealer.

My Form 4 Tax Stamp Cashed on 9/4/2018 and I haven't hear anything. I'm deployed so I can't really call and ask. Will silencershop let me know if there is a problem? Also waiting on an octane 45 serial number still from silencerco.