Home security

How much less likely is my home to be burglarized or invaded if I set up surveillance cameras outside the house? I'm looking for quantitative stats regarding the deterrence factor but wasn't able to find anything satisfying.

Attached: 51O6nfz4jRL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DtwD-c9hn58
youtube.com/watch?v=ajwJSsRmDhA&t=542s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they type of people who burgal generally don't care that you have cameras up or that you might have a gun. They people who burgal that do care about those things will generally get in and out without you ever noticing they were there with things you wont notice are gone for 10 years like your fine silverware in the cupboard, an expensive vase in the corner, a carry size fire safe deep in your closet, or a houseplant.

Shit. Anything but the house plant!

>I never read about actual burglary break ins, the post

this is a long video. you have to remember the homes he targeted were in the suburbs. the take away is, if you have good neighbors, an alarm system and you take a few small steps, the chances someone will break in go down.
youtube.com/watch?v=DtwD-c9hn58

not niggers, they steal all of the good shit like tvs, and xboxs. you must not live in niggerville

which was my point. People who steal stuff like that, common low life's, don't care if you have cameras up. The people who take note of stuff like that are looking for actual valuables and houseplants.

brb putting my houseplants in the gun safe.

now where to leave all of these guns.

an onlooker who sees a person come out of their neighbors a house with a houseplant generally wont assume anything is amiss and will focus on the plant instead of the person's face carrying it. You shouldn't be taking anything you can't fit in a smallish satchel anyways. The longer it takes for something to turn up missing the greater the chance the police will never be called at all.

Why not get a Pupper?

fuuuuuuuuck, i can only fit half my orchids and succulents!!!

The druggies down the hall from me say security cameras, like the one in your picture, tell them that there are valuables inside and to take precautions such as masking ones face and appearance before waiting for the occupants to be absent. :-/

Fucking houseplant stealers. They’re the worst.

You need to upgrade to an assault succulent and get a really spiny dangerous cactus so they can't take it.

>don't care if you have cameras up

wrong

If they see a bunch of cameras around, they'll just move on to a house without them.

Warnings stickers on all external doors basically saying legal warning about video and audio recording and streaming on site. Those alone can take care of a lot of issues.
The problem with the outside camera besides the front porch is all the animals and brush blowing in the wind can set them off. I have the Arlo system which alerts my phone on movement if activated. I have them set at my doors and main hallway, but high enough they dont cover where the cat walks and sets them off. The idea though is to make it so they dont want to enter in the first place.

Surveillance cams are a false sense of security. If you must, buy a recorder, a couple of IP camera's (dahua).

Better would be an alarm system that notifies the police and the people with the app. If that's too expensive, a good deterrent would be hanger the outdoor siren on the wall. Do it at the side that faces the street (it's the place where all the companies will install it). If there is an outdoor alarm siren device, they will think your house is armed with an alarm system

>houseplants
Is that what the kids are calling hydroponic grown weed these days?

this short video series has alot of good info

youtube.com/watch?v=ajwJSsRmDhA&t=542s

generally, as long as your house looks harder to breach than your neighbor's house, you are good.

motion sensor light, fake ADT sign, fake bull dog size food tray, a good lock on your door and windows.

Much less likely.
Not because they will be scared off, but because your neighbors will be an easier target.

Get solar motion activated lights as well. They're pretty cheap.

>retarded Gayman video
really?

>1. Do Security Cameras Deter Criminals/Thieves — View It from University of North Carolina

The UNC Charlotte of Criminal Justice found that 60% convicted burglars would look for security cameras before moving forward, and 40% of burglars said that the presence of security cameras would motive them to seek another easier target.
2. Do Security Cameras Prevent Home Burglary — Check It from ESA

Are security cameras effective in preventing or reducing crime? Based on a study conducted by Electronic Security Association, about 83% of burglars would first determine whether a home has security cameras before they broke into the house. And 60% of thieves would typically avoid homes with security cameras.
3. Do Outside Home Security Camera Systems Prevent/Reduce Crime — Hear It from RSCJ & Urban Institute

Does home video surveillance deter crime? The studies, conducted by Rutgers School of Criminal Justice and Urban Institute, both drew a conclusion that burglaries and the presence of security surveillance were inversely correlated. The result is that the presence of visible security camera theft deterrent dramatically decreases the likelihood of domestic crime, or home invasion.

i think you'd be better off with a monitored door and window system myself.