AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Cancer containment
Bullyzone

Suppressed edition

Old

Attached: 41209571_1754077704690279_6531372899531535510_n.jpg (1080x809, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aimsurplus.com/e-lander-30rd-ar15-5-56-steel-ar-magazine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ar thread
post gARbage

AR's are for big gays, then again, I own five.

This rifle is fucking horrible. You work retail or something?

/ARG/, I want to get a 604 style complete upper (A1 sights, slick side, 20in barrel) with a 1:7-1:9 twist barrel. This is a for shits and giggles range gun, and for the aesthetics. I cannot and do not want to part it out and built it because I am temporarily stuck in an area without a gunsmith within 100 miles, I do not have my tools with me, and I do not want to send it off for someone to build and wait. Which is why I am down to either going with a fulton armory legacy upper with the criterion 1:8, or ordering something through TNTE with a faxon barrel. My main concern is the criterion barrel and fulton armorys quality (i have bought parts and have been happy, but never a complete upper or a rifle). I am leaning more toward the FA, because TNTE is risky from what ive read and seems to be 50/50 on customer service.

Any advice?

I have the lower completed already, so I do not need a complete rifle.

Where the fuck are the Bren 2s?!

Asking again. MBUS pro rear and DD front or MBUS pro set?

Attached: 1552532517346.png (882x360, 139K)

Wait another year (or two)

Don't buy DD we've been over this

PSA isn't as bad as you sweaty nerds make it out to be

Y

They're on the antigun shitlist like Troy, Springfield, and X products, among others. Also they're normie poser-core and BCM quality at LMT prices.

Why not buy Troy flip ups? I have them, they are built really nice, had a good feel to them.

You're right, it's worse.

ash is bulky enough by himself

Buy a BCM and never look back.

What flashlight do you own? A surefire? You know they donate to antigunners also.

I would, if they sold a slick slide 20 in pencil barrel upper.....

I wanted to get them from aimsurplus but they no have front sight.

Oh look, this is probably the first OC you guys have seen in weeks.

Attached: IMG_20190323_165214.jpg (1280x720, 647K)

start over

if you're gonna meme fixed front, get a scalar works otherwise I would just got mbus pro.

Oh wait they have the bundle in stock again.

Get a different handguard and that'd be a pretty ok gun. Also an Arisaka mount. And for fucks sake, get an optic.

>scalar works
No thanks wgws.

MBUS Pro set, even ignoring that DD is on Jow Forums's shitlist

This

I know, and I've yet to get a flashlight and because of that I'm gonna get a Streamlight HL-X since Arisakas are sold out fucking everywhere.

T R O Y

Attached: E3300F64-71BB-4B90-9F54-466EEECCC5E5.jpg (3224x1536, 2.4M)

oh yeah? how might I contact you good sir?

rip Jow Forums x isnt working since the new chrome update :(

Attached: im8u.jpg (640x794, 106K)

I think you mean (((troy)))

Should I pick up one of these uppers from Brownells for $640(includes tax+shipping) and then get the barrel chopped to 14.5 and a FH pinned by ADCO for ~$150, or just wait for one to pop up already complete on ARFCOM?

>Arisaka doesn't make the M-LOK mount for Streamlights
are u retard? You know streamlight uses the same mount as surefire.

Or just leave it 16 inch. Im sure there are some SF guys that have used 16 inch barrels.

Forgot pic

Attached: l_100025582_2.jpg (700x700, 30K)

Attached: 20190315_144053.jpg (2052x3648, 3.01M)

Just keep it 16...

anyone know the name of the foregrip on that rifle?

Took my AR to the range for the first time last weekend.

It ran through the first mag with no problems but after that it would fail to cycle the bolt back constantly. Any tips?

Yeah, nevermind, I was thinking of the Cloud Defense LCS mount for the pressure switch.

put a more reliable gun of yours in you mouth and pull the trigger

that upper would never be clone correct anyway since the dust cover is plastic and the barrel is mid length gas. Tbh you should just keep it how it is or change everything out for all clone correct parts.

Wow this place still sucks, groce

Attached: WP_20190322_006.jpg (3072x1728, 1.49M)

Hey arg cant decide on my next build, LW 16in bcm middy with fsb build, or ELW 16in bcm middy mcmr?

Main reason i want the FSB version is because of the novelty of a bayonet.

Could be dozens of things.
>operator error
I've seen someone limpwrist an AR, I don't know how but he did it and could replicate it.
>gas tube isn't secured properly
>bolt is fucked
>hammer is fucked
>buffer is fucked
>magazine is fucked
>ammo is fucked

Not really looking for clone correctness. The reason I want the 14.5 barrel is the slightly better pointability and slightly better overall balance when it comes to weight. I just love the look of the RIS II and love quad rails in general.

Its a gripstop

thank you friend, I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try
I believe the ammo and mag were okay, and I wasn't limp wristing it. I'll check out the gas tube first and go from there.

If you have another AR or a friend with one an easy way to trouble shoot is just test your parts in his gun. Your lower on his, if it works, it's not your lower. Your bolt, if it works, it's not the bolt.

do you take your barrel off to change dust covers or do you put a shitton of tape on the side of the upper and do it backwards?

>do you take your barrel off to change dust covers
lolno, I'm not going through that and fucking my zero for a dust cover swap
>or do you put a shitton of tape on the side of the upper and do it backwards?
I do that, except I don't use any tape whatsoever.

Attached: WP_20190224_016.jpg (2255x1725, 1.3M)

Is there anything wrong with putting a mlok handguard on a carbine with a fixed front sight?

kthx

First AR. How'd I do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190323-210808_Gmail.jpg (1079x310, 62K)

if I had friends I wouldn't be on Jow Forums.
thanks anyways though

Also posted inna NFA thread, but here's my latest build. All 3 stamps were approved in the same week. 8" 300 blk with a SiCo Omega 300 and a dedicated 4.5" 22lr upper with a SiCo Sparrow.
R8 & H8 plz

Attached: Lefty SBR build.jpg (3385x2049, 3.04M)

Those uppers have downs syndrome

Oh, okay ;_;

Not a fan of side chargers?

I love side chargers, LOVE THEM
but only really on rifles that were designed for them.

Thats the 18in one? If so, good job, and nice price. Just make sure to get a decent optic and sling for it.

This

Attached: B1A621C4-3425-41A2-9DFD-D182B299BF7A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.73M)

And that's fine, I respect that. I've just never cared for the ergonomics of the standard charging handle on the ar platform. Once I discovered side charging uppers I never went back. Also I'm finnicky about getting left handed crap whenever possible.

Yeah it has the 18in barrel and all the upgraded parts.

Anyone know if BCM mod 3 grip works with milspec triggerguard? Worried about that shelf on the grip itself preventing the trigger guard from folding down

Can one of you faggots help me out with a meme caliber rifle I intend to buy?

Well if gave caliber of rifle such would help for it

AR10 converted to 7.62x54R using DPM mags?

Looking to update my 18" SPRish build. Currently has an old MI SS rail. What do you guys think about going to DD MFR Mlok?

Attached: mfr_13.5_updated_web_image_1.jpg (2000x800, 221K)

Don’t do it

is this cool?

Attached: img_1100_3.jpg (1620x1080, 80K)

It's decent, that particular Rainier rail is OEM'd by Cross Machine Tool. The attachment system is good, reasonably long barrel nut, doesn't require timing. I have CMT rails on my 9mm AR and Aero M5 build.

Check out CMT rails if you like that Rainier. I personally think the CMT looks better. They're pretty similar though.

Attached: 29891018202_a9cf6e1167_b.jpg (1024x681, 268K)

sure

Ah the Tortilla Chips rail makes another appearance. Bueno

Which is the reasoning for such a rifle? Surely better magazine choice would be in order

thanks for the info

Attached: 33.png (522x577, 654K)

How's Standard Manufacturing's ARs? I couldn't find much in the way of reviews, but I found one of their lefty ARs for about $500.

The older UHPR Mod1 series ones have the QD points machined directly into the rail. I think the newer HDX series ones have the steel insert QD points, like the Rainier.

hmmm a real block II with an acog. Maybe I do need a block II upper.

Attached: IMG_6988_jpg-887142.jpg (675x900, 97K)

Attached: IMG_6989_jpg-887143.jpg (675x900, 97K)

fuck those guns look at that giant fucking brownie

>
224 Valkyrie. Trying to figure where to get a good upper and what barrel length

with the DPM mag you don't get rimlock

Attached: DPM AR.png (1115x318, 159K)

Lol, look at the non-pin & welded losers

Attached: 1552006776710.jpg (2048x769, 585K)

lol, look at this non-nfa loser

are these mags any good? aimsurplus.com/e-lander-30rd-ar15-5-56-steel-ar-magazine

Does anyone have pics of that one anons BCM 16 in middy with the bayonet?

What are some good sling options?

>his ar isn't 20" like god and eugene stoner intended.

It's like you don't even want to defeat body armor and shoot durr.

No

Attached: F1489A4D-4489-4352-966F-4264C214C25F.jpg (2340x3312, 1.3M)

Blue Force Gear, Viking Tactics, even the Magpul ones are ok. Used all three, prefer the BFG Vickers sling. Be a true gearqueer and get a custom one.

Get a padded one. I got a Viking and it's great, but I can see why people buy a padded version. The Viking isn't rough on the neck, but it can be a distraction.

Which red dot do you have offset? Been wanting to do that to my rifle, but don't want to drop the $ on an Aimpoint

What barrel length on the left one?

I got my beautiful wife to sling some lead down range today!

Attached: img_403394.jpg (4032x1960, 1.08M)

JUSTASGOOD

Attached: cvlife_syria.jpg (1920x923, 136K)

ACOG BTFO, any more cvlife in combat?

Friendly reminder that Carbine length out performs mid length everytime in mud tests. If you want to dispute me, the actually put up or shut up

Attached: Screenshot_20190323-181552_WhatsApp.jpg (1073x809, 699K)

Mud tests are meaningless

More like Goy