How good is Sig's stuff?

How good is Sig's stuff?

Attached: 20039578.jpg (410x410, 20K)

Depends on the model

How good are the p series, rifles, carbines and 1911 clone each

Theyre fine, W. german get extra cool points becuase of the history and they are more sleek, but a new sig is just as fine

Attached: sig sauer p226 mk 25.jpg (3264x2448, 3.02M)

i shot a mk.25 today, and holy fuck, i'm not usually a sig guy, but that gun was fucking sex, all in the black at 10 yards, i don't think i've ever shot that good in my life.

better than average, I've always been partial to Sig though.

Yeah I like the 226 a lot, but I love the 228

not squishy enough for me

Have owned 4 sigs, sold them all

P320 is interesting concept, like the modularity, but i honestly prefer a glock.

P229 it's not bad, had an old beaten up one as my first gun, sold it because 40 sw, new ones overpriced for what it is.

Sp2022 is excellent value for the price, other than wgerman ones best bang for buck.

P226 is excellent in acc and reliability, but overpriced again (see a pattern here?)

W german ones and early us production are the best ones, built like tanks due to german autism, but nowadays quality is down, but prices are still at the top, it offers nothing you can't get for cheaper. They mostly count on brand recognition nowadays.

If have a w german one for sale, get it, new ones not worth it. Cz is better bang for buck imo, fits hand better, just as durable and reliable and can be just as accurate. For 1000+ on a top p226 you can get a nice cz, 1000 rounds and have money left ovwr for night sights or other upgrades you could want to put on it

my CZ75's trigger return spring broke, and I found out its a very common issue. Thus, unfit for self defense or duty use in my opinion.

I was considering this e2 grip model or a mk25 to be a suppressor host. Anyone know which would be more suitable?

I shot a 365 and a glock 43 back t back today and have to say that 365 wins all day for me...

Love my W German Sig 226. Probably ~10k rounds through it with no issues. All I've done was swap out the trigger in that time.

Was an issue with a particular batch, yes, cz worked it out, early glocks in 40 blew up, they worked it out and now thwy are extremely reliable, every manufacturer will fuck up every now and then, some sig p320s firing when dropped for example, does it male them a bad pistol? No but sig needs to fix that

>W german ones and early us production are the best ones, built like tanks due to german autism

unpopular opinion incoming, the standard fair West German Sig pistols were not built like tanks and the stamped slides were considerably less robust than the current milled versions.

The German pistols had better quality control, the pistols were all test fired before leaving the factory. but. In my opinion todays Sigs are easily as good, actually, I believe they are even better (semi custom X-Series and the like notwithstanding).

I do have a soft spot for my beloved 1993 WG P228, it is Very nice and it was also my first new pistol. The WG guns do have a cool factor based mostly in nostalgia.

Attached: 228.jpg (1280x960, 434K)

which ever one feels best in *your hands. If they both feel good I would go with the standard grip as the e2 restricts the main spring a little bit.

>666
>unpopular opinion incoming, the standard fair West German Sig pistols were not built like tanks and the stamped slides were considerably less robust than the current milled versions.
Tbqh this is simply true. There's a reason they had to have breech face inserts while the new ones don't, the W. german ones were simply made of lesser materials in terms of the slides, and to such a degree that it required an almost frankenstein esq alteration for them to work well in terms of longevity.
>In my opinion todays Sigs are easily as good, actually, I believe they are even better
ok, now, slow down satan. Old sig simply didn't put out lemons at the same rate as nusig or use indian mim parts in half assed designs and then beta test them on consumers. Ill take an excellent design, with lovingly attentive execution, and mediocre materials over being a beta tester for nusigs next ground breaking "Great Idea TM" or "just as good" cost cutting measure any day of the week.

>In my opinion

We can disagree, it's not upsetting. I like the new shit, i cannot lie. I think the Legions are a better classic P-Series and; oh my god I can't believe I'm going to say this, I like the P320 a lot, I actually prefer it to the classic P-Series pistols. I will admit, I feel ashamed.

Attached: plasticX.jpg (1280x960, 281K)

This
German autism ensured every gun churned out of the factory was quality, that kind of work ethic is long gone from the company

Regarding the x series, for that price i sure expect quality, sig is too expensive for what it offers, a lot of the price is so you can brag about having a sig, and they love their gimmics such as legion, scorpion and all that bs for people more concerned with looks and elitism instead of practicality

>a lot of the price is so you can brag about having a sig

I like Sigs, I like the way they feel mostly, I have never felt a sense of pride in anything, let alone a Sig, because of a high price. I like them because they are nice, not because they are expensive.

>ashamed
Why? They’re objectively in the top three for modern poly-strikers.

>p series
Used to be one of the most widely respected and bulletproof duty gun designs out there if you mean the older 22x series. In the mid or late 2000s(iirc) sig went under new management and QC declined rapidly along with cost saving measures being implemented. Finish problems and even isolated reliability issues began being reported and documented. Ex legion rust memes and the NJSP reliability issues for a couple more documented ones. That being said QC seems to have been improved since then and any growing pains from design alterations to make the old P series more profitable seem to have been ironed out over the last several years. Newer ones seem to be fine.
>1911 clone
Strangely enough, IME, general consensus is that the 1911 line from sig was somewhat insulated from the issues of the P series and other lines. My guess would be that they're lower volume, newer designs(or alterations at least), a little higher price point to begin with, and made on a different line than the other guns. Sig 1911s are generally considered to be some of the best 1911s in terms of (quality+features)/dollars in the 800-950 dollar price range. That being said im not a huge fan of that general price range(nothing on sig), as you can get good quality beaters for a little less and lightly used excellent quality semi fitted guns for a little more.

SIG made great guns.
SIG Sauer made decent guns.
SIGARMS makes crap that works most of the time.

They did fix the p320 afaik

I got a really good deal on a new make p229 and I am happy with it but to be honest it seems like a $700 gun with a $1000 price tag.
That being said I seem to shoot my sig a bit better than most other handguns, I think it comes down to the ergos and the trigger.
Also the factory tritium night sights are based, factory mags are fucking stupid expensive though so that kinda kills some of the excitement.

imo go used, dudes are always spending too much money on these things and trying to dump them off kn the used market anyways to justify full price new.

Attached: 20181028_093351_IMG_0792.jpg (1125x1004, 280K)

>Was an issue with a particular batch, yes, cz worked it out
Citation required. The TRS and slide stop are known weak points of the CZ design based on my own limited research. Even if it was worse with some batches than others these are definitely parts to keep an eye on, and replace proactively if possible on a defensive firearm. Not that i agree with that other guy about them being unfit for SD use or anything though, that's just dumb considering their well established track record.
>I like the P320 a lot
I really liked the idea too, but they just seem to be slightly wrong sized for my hands/needs compared to competitors. A SC that's bigger than the competition but only fits half my pinky and a compact(5.3") that's closer to a g17(5.4") than a g19(5") really killed my interest in the design when i actually started goofing around with them in person.

not as good as taurus.

You would be surprised on how many retards i have meet over the years who think it's the arrow and not the indian.

Sigs ain't a bad gun, they are just overpriced for what they actually offer nowadays, sig used to be the gold standard for da/sa, now quality is down, but they keep prices up and come with new gimmicks (super secret club, shinny coin! Etc) and bank in their old rep too much.

I'd buy my fifth sig if i find a nice deal on an sp2022 or a w,german p226

>>ashamed
>Why?

idklol Back in the 80's the P226 had a reputation as being absolute top tier 9mm combat handgun. I think that rep was mostly justified. I don't think the P320 will ever achieve that level of respect but I think its just that most guns today are so good, the playing field is level.

Guns today are pretty awesome, pretty much across the board.

For me to admit that I like the P320 over say my WG P228, it just seems wrong. It would be like admitting that your BRZ is better than your old Ferrari 308 GTB, that would be shameful and dirty. (I don't own either but as an example)

>they just seem to be slightly wrong sized for my hands
yeah, that is huge. I always prefer a pistol that feels good in my hand.

Awesome, isn't it? I bought one in December and currently its my carry gun. Sent it off to thesigarmorer.com for a trigger job and got some Trijicon HD sights installewd. Currently double action trigger pull is about 7.5lbs and single action is 3.5. Just an all-around fantastic gun.

Pretty nice if you get a good one. I shot a 226 and the double action didn't feel terrible but single action felt super light. It was one produced like right before the switch over I think.

I have 2 P320 X-Fives at The Sig Armorer, I am very excited to get them back. His reputation is mega, did his work live up to your expectations?

>slightly wrong sized for my hands/needs
If you get a chance to fire one with the large chassis give it a go. I had a regular frame full size for duty, also felt the grip was "off". Switched to the large grip and genuinely like the pistol more than the gen 5 glocks we have floating around. Only issue is I have slightly altered my grip to avoid having thumb overlay on the slide release. When I was using my old glock grip the slide often wouldn't lock to rear on last round because my fat thumb would be pressed in on it. I changed my hold a bit and it seems to have no effect on any of my shooting (slow fire/ripping rounds etc). I like the weapon a lot. The rest of our guys will prob be faggots and stick with Glock and I'll be forced to go along for mag compatibility.

Literally average

Yes, no question. I have no idea what he does for the P320s, but his work on my DA/SA guns has been great. Also, he is very willing to answer any questions you may have. When he called to get my credit card number, I kept him on the phone for 20-25 minutes just picking his brain about the guns. Just an all-around great guy.

Yeah, he answers his own phone and always returns emails, legitimate nice guy.

I have had work done by GGI that was nice and although Bruce Gray is a sweetheart, customer service doesn't quite compare to Robert Burke.

when you pretend to know what you are talking about, it usually shows.

I'm a fan of their steel pistols. Not really into their newer polymer stuff though.

this I became interested in the 22x series once I found they made them single action models (I prefer condition 1 over da/sa)
If you do your homework you'll see that the legacy designs such as the p220 and p226 are the least likely to have issues.
I eventually bought a SAO p220 10mm and love it.
The sp2022 seems to have a good reputation as well and I know a guy that has had one for years without any troubles.

Attached: sig.png (3264x1836, 3.69M)

Was the Mk.25 made prior to reunification?

>sp2022 seems to have a good reputation
The SP pistols are essentially polymer versions of the classic P-series, and were designed by Sig Germany to be a lower cost alternative with the same reliability and handling as the originals. The ones you have to watch out for are the loltacticool garbage designed by Sig USA.

Is the 10mm P220 actually well made? I'd love to get one to add another 10mm but people shit on nu-Sig pretty hard.

QC took a huge shit after Cohen took over the company after ruining Kimber. Some of their parts are made in Pooland, and of course its MIM.

I want to buy a Sig, but I can't justify it with their bullshit. They make the consumer beta test their new releases for them. Just look at the P320 "totally not a drop issue trigger upgrade" and the absolute shitshow that was the P365 release.

Their classic series guns are still phenomenal.

>Was the Mk.25 made prior to reunification?
Nope

somewhat interesting, the Made in West Germany stamped Sigs extended for about 5 years 'after' the reunification of Germany. Sig was likely trying to hold onto the reputation of high quality associated with the West as opposed to the complete opposite reputation of garbage quality associated with East Germany. fwiw

I just picked up a P226 and jesus christ it's fucking awesome. Tacops version so it has the SRT, it's easily the best out of box DA/SA trigger I've ever shot.