What is the best overall 1911

what is the best overall 1911

Attached: download.jpg (277x182, 7K)

I dunno but not kimber.
Look into their past and they have a ton of QA issues.

For the Money... My SA RO elite 1911 is pretty boss!

Dan Wesson Pointman

Glock 1911.

How's the quality on para expert 1911s? Single stack, not 2011s.

RO is shit. Buy a TRP its leagues ahead of the RO.

The one you can afford.

A Glock 19

A 9mm is best. .45 stawpin powah is useless if you aren’t hitting your target. An extra 2 rounds can be life saving, plus it’s cheaper to practice with which is super important.

Attached: 0B07EA85-4D9C-46C8-A49A-AB790FCFD551.jpg (500x500, 22K)

Something semi-custom from LB/WC/EB or completely custom from some even Gucci-er manufacturer like Cabot.

Expect to spend at least $2500.

Attached: les-baer-monolith.jpg (1280x853, 481K)

Are you retarded?

Dan Wesson is probably most bang for buck as far as 1911s go, the ones I've handled were close enough to semi-custom quality that if I found a variant that suited my needs perfectly I wouldn't mind it being my only 1911.
That being said, Les Baer for pure sexC factor, their blued guns are just gorgeous.

Attached: Les Baer UTC.jpg (1080x1080, 187K)

Just to further illustrate my point

Attached: 1911 hngg.jpg (799x536, 52K)

Is RIA still an acceptable budget option?

I got one a month ago, the GI FS no with frills. Works fine, only malfunction so far was the slide not locking on empty with the stock magazines.

Tried some Mec Gar mags and its been working flawlessly since. I'm about 600 or 700 rounds in so take that as you will.

Attached: good night 1911.jpg (960x960, 83K)

Dan Wesson. Couple 100 to 1000 dollars less than a Les Baer, depending on new/used and model. Functionally not that different. Unfortunately Dan Wesson cut down on the number of models they offer recently.

Lightly used Dan Wesson Valor series, before they discontinued it. Now I'd move that crown over to any of their non guardian or vigil series(AKA those with a steel frame). Not that those are bad or anything, just don't think they're the best bang for their buck outside of a specifically carry orientated gun considering steel framed ones are similarly priced..

What can y’all tell me about the Springfield Professional? Heard it was the most “tested” 1911 to date

Attached: 7F8FA882-260C-44EB-8465-A381EC4C88D3.jpg (500x332, 29K)

I used to think the same thing but over time i changed my song. Due to 9mms slightly tapered design it's really limited to 10rnds in a 1911 with current mag designs. 9 rounds of .45, or 10rnds of .40, or 11rnds of 9mm, with the .45s almost universally being a bit more reliable than the others it becomes a harder sell IMO. If i only need 9 or fewer rounds then the .45 is superior, if i need more than 11 rounds then they're on equal footing, the only time 9mm pulls ahead is if you need EXACTLY 10-11 rounds with no chance for reloading. Pretty slim odds IMO, although i guess the marginally lower recoil is nice.

I love my Para P14.

Steel frame commander colt’s if you don’t modify it.

>No Colt
Smells like faggot in here.

Attached: 20180804_131107.jpg (1887x2080, 2.81M)

Nothing wrong with the Sturm Ruger 1911. It's a good value with nice grips, an extremely tough stainless finish, and novak sights. Buy a couple Wilson 8 rd mags and you're off to the races.

Are SA 1911s generally pretty good?

I recently acquired a Sig 1911, and while it shoots very nicely I prefer the aesthetics of SA.

Attached: 20190311_181838_1553432575113.jpg (720x960, 151K)

the betrayal makes them shoot all the better

Caspian.

Attached: seagullderp.png (460x587, 145K)

How many companies make 1911s now? There has to be over 20

what are the top 1911 custom manufacterers
>thompson
>dan wesson
>les Baer
>springfeild
who else am I missing? Does anyone have the 1911 tier chart?

Attached: 1459431105234.gif (321x322, 219K)

Ruger's TALO distributor's exclusives; any of them.
>series 70 design (no FPB or trigger quackery)
>Ferritic-nitrocarburized Stainless steel slide and frame (no rust; no galling; self-lubricating)
>available in Government or Commander frame sizes
>available with or without a frame rail
>available with or without a barrel-bushing
>exclusive Micarta/G10/IvoryLite grips (replaceable for standard 1911 pattern grips of any material)
>adjustable Tritium 3-dot Novak sights (replaceable for optional target sights)
>skeletonized aluminum hammer and trigger (with over-travel adjustment) and titanium firing pin for shorter lock-time
>extended thumb safety, grip safety, slide stop, and magazine release
>Integral plunger tube for slide stop and thumb safety
>Over-sized ejection port
>flat mainspring housing
>accepts standard, aftermarket 1911 parts and accessories
>includes two stainless steel magazines in the box
>Ruger's exceptional Customer Guarantee
>under $1000
best non-clearance/discontinued model deals on the market, desu.
other 1911's may be cheaper or more accurate/gucci, but none are as practical or will last as long without worry or care as these exclusives.

Attached: wm_7746865.jpg (1024x551, 60K)

Bank vault like lockup, 2nd type of cool cuz muhFBI HRT gun, hand fitted, suppose to be really nice, and the price reflects that avg being $3200 new

there's no one accepted tier-list/chart
generally the market's stable enough that you get what you pay for and the more expensive the 1911 the higher the quality (with some exceptions, of course)
Dan Wesson tends to be often recommended as a solid balance of semi-custom quality at
semi-production prices, and they have some cool stuff nowadays since they have the backing of CZ

Attached: ECP-TCP-1600x1014.jpg (1600x1014, 412K)

How are Norinco 1911s? A guy I know is selling his preban one for 500 but I think I can talk him down a little more.

I like mine well enough, mines a 1911A1. The plastic grips are kind of gay, but they're not awful. I paid 500 and I'm okay with that, shoot for 450 though.

Are you? The thread's about which 1911 is best, not best for the money.

best based on what criteria?
cost is certainly still a factor.

There's some mythology behind older Nork 1911s, but it's all Chinese propaganda.

>stainless finish
Spotted the nogunz

it's not even Chinese propaganda, but mainly from owner's of pre-ban models that are trying to inflate the price for resale.
they are basically RIA quality tier and should be priced accordingly, but idiots drool over them because they are banned by name.
Literally a case of "I can't have it therefore I want it" syndrome.
>you don't.

how is he wrong? the slide and frame are matte stainless steel.

Agreed. Up in Canada, there's so much Norinco 1911s floating around, they're not even worth $300 maplebux. All shit tier at best. Even RIA is better finished with better tolerances than Nork pistols.

Stainless vs. Stainless finish.

Stainless steel isn't a finish.

>A u t i s m
we all know what he meant even if you didn't, idiots.

Attached: j0uT2ac.jpg (2304x2304, 3.09M)

There's nothing inherently wrong with trying to get people to use a uniform set of terminology, especially since there's plenty of actual pistols, 1911 or otherwise, that use a silver/stainless FINISH but are not actually stainless steel. Examples are the newest Glock 43X and 48.

t. nogunz

>2nd type of cool
Hello nutnfancy

except he's still right because some Ruger's still use an actual "stainless" finish over a stainless steel slide, and either way the exterior surface is "stainless".
stop trying to police language you faggot.

there's a clear difference between a finish and a coating, though.
I don't think he meant that it's a stainless coating, but just that the exterior has stainless qualities. He said nothing about the steel, so I don't see the problem here.

I've been heavily considering one of these since I don't like stainless, but I only see them at around $800 which is a little more than Springfield Loaded money and almost Colt Competition money. How does it compare to the two?
I was also looking at some literal who manufacturer called Fusion that I heard has ties to Dan Wesson somehow. They have an $800 model that seems pretty nicely featured too, though there's little word on them outside of individual parts.

Fusion is most famous for their kits (80% and otherwise) and parts rather than complete firearms. All their parts are forged and machined, no MIM memes. They barely make full pistols.

>SA Loaded
the SA Loaded Operator models are cerakoted carbon steel, which I don't think will be as worry-free as the Ruger SR1911's and I can't find any (that aren't parkerized or bare stainless) for less than $800, so the TALO SR1911 seems like a better deal for nearly identical features.
>Colt Competition
the Colt competition guns are expensive and I'd personally rather get a SR1911 and a gunsmith to tune it up the way I like it, or spend real money to get a Dan Wesson, but it all depends on what you are looking for in a 1911.
>famous for their kits
isn't that in some ways more impressive than simply being a assembler of handguns?
quality parts are quality parts.

Wasn't knocking Fusion, just making a statement since it seemed like most don't know who they are.

I bought one off gb cause it was a good deal and havent had any issues. The only malfunctions were magazine related. Handles hollow points nicely too.

t. salty americunt

Do you think the few full pistols they do make would be trustworthy considering the reputation of their parts and kits?
I'm looking for a relatively basic 1911, but with some bells and whistles instead of being completely GI. Rugers have basically everything I want minus an ambi safety and have the bonus of not having front serrations which I don't like. I'm just trying to compare my options in the price range.
Fusions seem to be similarly featured with the trade off of some kind of front strap texturing option and wood grips out of the box in exchange for night sights and Ruger's great CS

Ambi safety is a meme, and if you don't like front strap checkering, then the Ruger seems like it might be the last 1911 you'll ever want or need.
what does the Fusion bring to the table? I'm not too aware of what they offer.

I'm left handed.
The thing is that I do like front strap checkering. It's not a must-have for me, but it's a point in Fusion's favor. As far as features go they're basically the same aside from the checkering and night sights, I just hadn't heard of Fusion before and wanted to see if anyone knew about them.

No it isnt
When you want the best, cost is never a factor. Stop thinking with a poor mindset.
I can understand not wasting your money on overpriced trash like Kimber, but thats a concern of quality, not price.

cost is always a factor dumbass.
you don't stay rich by selling the farm for trinkets.
if you asked which 1911 is the most accurate, we'd be having an entirely different discussion.

What grips are on the left?

Custom G10 grips made for Dan Wesson
idk if they are exclusive though.

>Is RIA still an acceptable budget option?

I have one in 10mm, and it doesn't feel like a budget gun to me. It's been great.

Norinco Commander.
Mill the slide to accept better sites, open the ejection port more and add Chip McCormick parts for the internals. Lap the slide with the frame if needed.