Had my first gun purchase background check be put on 'delayed hold'

Bong greencard holder here...

I recently moved to texas and today tried to add another firearm to my collection only think time I was told it's on a delayed hold for up to 3 day...

I spent 8 years in Oklahoma and every firearm I have purchased was instantly approved..

What gives? Is it because I'm in Texas? Is this normal? I have a squeaky clean record and starting to worry.

Thanks in advance lads.

Attached: 1550547501156m.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Eyu3OIn5A00
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Green card holders almost always get a delay in my experience. Just has to do with a more in depth check I suppose.
I wouldn't worry too much. It's just one of those things.

Just moved to Texas myself. I will see for myself how fucked nics is with Texas. Came from a poc state that had me approved instantly. Good luck with the infringement.

Don’t vote blue, faggots.

It’s a federal agency. The state you are in should make no difference.

But I'm guessing your a born us citizen? I read up that the last few years greencard holders will always have a delay put on the checks....even though we have the same gun rights as us citizens....wtf man....I tho8ght texas was a gun friendly state to law abiding citizens

Green card holder in PNW here

I have a few guns and a clean record too but my bgc always took a while, it was never 3 days though, I had to wait anywhere from 4 hours to one day.

Pretty sure it's because they have to confirm your immigration status during bgc process

Texas has nothing to do with NICS. Blame the Feds.

Fair point but why now? Do they just randomly hold people on delay?

A Texas ffl uses nics, sir. You only have a few point of contact states and Texas is not one.

>t. somebody who suddenly started ALWAYS getting delayed
Since it wasn't a problem before its probable that someone with a similar name as you went and did something felonious and its just now hitting the NICS system. If it was because of your green card it would have probably been an issue in Ok too, unless Tx has some tighter state level NICS system/requirements. Wouldn't really worry about it, although it is a hassle.

It does in point of contact states that conduct their own additional background. When I use to work at a gun store, one regular with an old ass green card would always get delayed by Oregon State Police because the green card he held had fewer digits than current green cards. This dude pretty much buys a gun a week as well. Some times the delay is just a few hours, sometimes it's days, depending on how new the OSP person running the check is. Now Texas isn't a PoC state so that is irrelevant.

An explanation in this case could just be that nics is down, or they're seeing a new address and the system flags it for review. I see address issues quite a bit when running backgrounds, but usually they are the OSP side.

>Bong
Go home

They want to make sure you aren't a muzzie, Nigel.

I get delayed almost everytime. I think only once so far have I gotten proceed immediately. That's what getting arrested at 12 years old does to you.

Fuck off mate I am home. Not all of us bong are limp wrister pushovers, some have common sense to see liberal shitholes fuck us over

Former Lebanon fag, hello user.

It’s the NZ thing. All you subjects of the crown are suspect.

Pic not related

Attached: 7BD90103-654A-4718-A912-4580EDA87DDA.jpg (750x634, 64K)

If he supports gun rights then he's more than welcome here

How did you get a greencard OP? I need to leave my recently converted to islam country and move to the USA

I always thought you had to be a US citizen to buy a gun.

>Buys first gun after years of waiting and anal
inspection
>Buy shittiest american made crap pistol

Attached: fuckniggers.jpg (750x1000, 191K)

cheap rugers work and arm the people, so I don't get why you're bitching

Attached: madhappy.jpg (682x682, 64K)

It's probably because you moved. No big deal.

Where at in Texas Bongfriend? I’m in not-mexico (Corpus Christi)

FFL here, NICS has been fucky lately I wouldn't worry about it.

Only a shit carpenter blames his tools.

Most likely the move and change of address / buying so quickly. You may need to be a resident for x amount of days to get that delay taken off. It is what it is, just wait.

I’ve had it happen before when I had a green card. Get your chl in tx so you don’t have to worry about it

How'd you get a green card? I thought that was hard to do from UK?

Underrated

Married a us citizen
Nope, I work and pay taxes so I'm covered under the same constitution as us citizenz, one more year and I get to take my exam to finally become a us citizen

Yeah I called first thing in the morning and was told it was approved so I went and picked up my chinkshit saiga 12 clone (m12ak) I'll post pics in a sec

Live in san antonio mate, it kinda sucks...so many libs here its unreal was bantering with the guy behind the gin counter about how bad the city is....all I want is k friends to shoot with.

I have lived here for almost 1 year....hardly a fast buy

Got mine in 09 when a cuite paid me to come to the states then married me....expecting first child within weeks I will teach her to be proficient with firearms and to respect all gun laws

> 8 years
> on a green card
Just apply for the citizenship already. I see that you aren't exactly eager to return.

Attached: jellydonut.png (2480x1748, 1.4M)

>Came from a poc state
Nigger state?

>Got mine in 09 when a cuite paid me to come to the states then married me....expecting first child within weeks I will teach her to be proficient with firearms and to respect all gun laws

Your more American then some of the cunts born here. Glad to have you here. Would throw tea in the harbor with you any day.

Attached: E98599E1-8C31-4F96-BCB0-1DC919603FB6.jpg (791x960, 171K)

I'm planning on it as soon as I get through the birth of my daughter

Likewise, I cant stand how passive bongs are and hate that muzzie country alot.

If war broke out with us and the UK I wouldn't hesitate to remove kebab from that island with my American brothers

Anyways gimme a few so I can post pics of latest purchase so yall can do your Jow Forums grilling of me

Yes. It's annoying but it's a part of life.

It’s sucks too because I’ve always wanted to see the isle of Britaina but feel like it’s not worth it because of the change and dangers. Oh well one more soldier for the fight here in America.

Attached: F83C5113-6B23-496F-90FC-F49D6D079618.jpg (4032x3024, 2.82M)

Not worth it mate

Anyways pics of my cheap clone

Attached: 20190324_143238.jpg (4032x3024, 3.75M)

Mags seem pretty sturdy might be a dedicated slug gun

Going to have to put a few hundred rounds through it to know if this clone was worth the cheap price

Attached: 15534563937908416828039533096162.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

>Bong
I hope you're not a fucking Demonrat.

Sorry I dont aline myself with tyranny

All Democrats should fucking hang, policies like the dems are the reason why my family back in the UK is scared to voice their opinions

Bro if you're who I think you are, I'm buying you a beer

Sam?

Haven’t been up to San Antonio since I went to buy my truck. Go to Austin every now and then for the bars and night life since corpus has fuckall to do. Tbh it was pretty amusing watching all the Beto signs slowly disappear at the end of last year.
Have a song
youtu.be/Eyu3OIn5A00

um actualy its Samuel

That a Ford Edge?

it's ma'am

Naaa names ben, could use some good shooting buddies

It's not that great, desu I'm a little disappointed in texas, in Oklahoma public land was plenty and had plenty of outdoor spot to go squeeze rounds off....here no such thing exists unless its private owned land

Close, a Ford fusion

I live in Texas too. The first thing I did when I got my green card was buy me a s&w 915. They delayed me for 3 days or more. I've bought several more since then and the delay is only one day now. I recommend getting your CHL when you can. Texas is one of the states where you can use your CHL in place of the nics background check, though not every FFL likes to do so.

Precisely.

Theres a texas discord, you should join it, theres a few of us in there from SA. theres gonna be a meetup in houston soonish

I'm in it lol went to one of the house parties in north texas

Was alot of booze man what's your discord name I'll hit you up

the only foreign dude i know is joey salads, do you still have the accent? dont think ive ever met you in any of the meetups ive been to.
im cyber

immigrants should fuck off back where they came from. i don't want euroshits coming to American and bringing their eurofag ways with them.
if your country sucks then fix it, don't come here to sponge off us.

Attached: rnain difference between usa europe.jpg (780x468, 92K)

I've bought 8 guns since I arrived in the US and never have been delayed, aside from the general waiting period.

>immigrants should fuck off back where they came from.
yeah, you should've never stayed on that continent either.
>i don't want euroshits coming to American and bringing their eurofag ways with them.
you mean like you did, when you started up the first colonies?
>if your country sucks then fix it, don't come here to sponge off us.
oh wow, i'm starting to sound like broken record, then why did you leave in the first place then?

non-whites aren't human, and should be subject to the laws governing animal husbandry.

Don't ever vote blue and you're fine