What are some weapons which punish THE USER, and not just the target...

What are some weapons which punish THE USER, and not just the target? I had a chance to fire one of those Russian KS-23 shotguns in Bulgaria, and it was like getting smacked in the shoulder by 3 12ga. shotguns at the same time. What are some other weapons which impose a physical cost on their operators?

Attached: 1444577958_2910439[1].jpg (1280x960, 203K)

RPG without earpro can easily bust your eardrums

.270 win

guys who shoot recoil-less rifles alot get brain damage after a while

How far would a dragon dildo launch from a KS-23 if we could put a rifle grenade adapter on it?

Can attest to the Karl-G too many makes you feel shitty.

I have witnessed 120MM mortar crews (in the Stryker chassis) having to switch and puke their guts out in between salvos.

I have a Spanish Mauser converted to .308 that punishes like a horse. Easily bruises my shoulder after awhile.

Apparently it was converted for 7.62x51 or 7.62x51 cetme. I hope it doesn't blind or maim me.

post soviet conscript here, bruised shoulders are a regular thing when shooting your AK after a while. Wirefolders are even more hurtful then fixed stocks

>Wirefolders

I don't want to imagine the pain if forced to use the thing for an extended amount of time.

shoulder launched rockets, especially the SMAW. I fired and a-gunned probably around 200 of them during my enlistment. They tell you not to shoot more than 4 rounds in a 24 hour period because it will give you a concussion, but there was a quite a few instances in which I well exceeded that limit, including one where I fired or a-gunned 9 rounds in less than 10 minutes when our PB was attacked. I woke up the next morning and felt a deeply penetrating soreness down my bones, I could barely move and had to be swapped out of patrol duty that day. I felt mentally "off" for weeks after that. I also fired a few of them without earpro when our patrols were ambushed and I had no time to put buds in. I'm still feeling the effects of the SMAW. Compared to my mental faculties before I enlisted, I feel I can't formulate sentences as quickly, stutter a lot, my vocabulary/articulation has definitely suffered, and there's a noticeable brainfog that pervades my conscious. I feel like I dropped 10 IQ points due to my enlistment and my heavy use of the SMAW, although that could also be attributed to the general fuckery of the USMC infantry.

Attached: 218085_195820167128046_100001001922609_501719_73100_n.jpg (720x540, 119K)

Karabiner 88.
8mm mauser from a gun that weighs under seven pounds, not at all pleasant

i never knew about this
that sucks desu
I wonder what can be done to reduce this

Damn dude, can you at least get VA disability benefits for that shit or do you have to wait till they recognize such shit in 15 or so years?

All i got is the 10% for tinnitus.

Ruger LCP. Hurts my trigger finger and the web of my hand between the index and thumb. Got it for my girlfriend for concealed carry, so when we went to go practice, I was surprised at how much of a bitch it was to shoot.

Are those cardboard shells?

They're fine to shoot NATO out of. It was only the early CETME's that had problems with NATO, and it wasn't because it would explode. They were still working out the kinks with roller delayed blowback.

What rain coats are they wearing? The cut on the woodland one doesn't look like ECWS.

Safari caliber bolt actions. Lighter than a battle rifle, caliber approved for hunting elephant.
The only one ive shot was a bolt action 375 h&h. Bruised my shoulder and knocked my earpro off.
300 winmag bolt action is fine, but that one hurt.

>USMC literally reducing your intelligence
That's rough user, hope you had some fun actually firing those SMAWs off.

Attached: 1487151857497.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Damn dude, wish I was lucky as you, my neck is fucked and so is my rotator cuffs .t Army

You tell me.
The problem was rather with the converted spanish FR-7 and FR-8 7.62 Mausers were from what I understand that the early '93 (FR-7, practically identical to the earlier actions from 1890) style actions were quite a bit weaker than the later, overengineered '98 actions (FR-8), making the FR-7 rifles supposedly only safe to shoot using the weaker 7.62 CETME ammo.

Attached: ks-23.jpg (640x511, 81K)

They're fine. Just shoot it.

>the big boy second to the bottom right

Attached: 1551918673506.png (595x600, 415K)

dummy, you got to hip-fire them

Attached: Soviet.Hero.jpg.png (800x800, 63K)

> The most infamous load for the KS-23 is the "Barrikada" ("Barricade") round, a solid steel rifled slug fired at an extremely high muzzle velocity. This round was developed primarily for use against soft-skin vehicles, such as cars and cargo trucks, and is reputedly powerful enough to shatter an iron engine block at distances of up to 100 m. The Barrikada is also effective against personnel behind cover (or rather, what they might think will provide them with cover), such as concrete, sandbags, and brick.

If STEEL will do that, imagine something like a tungsten load with a significantly harder core.

Makarovs are fairly unpleasant to shoot

Damn. I just did some googling and there's tons of recent articles referencing new research on rocket launchers causing TBI/CTE. Hope you don't end up like those former NFL players and forget your way back to your front door from the mailbox at age 45.

ak-74s? Or just the 47s?

dont join the armed forces for one thing LOL

>I feel like I dropped 10 IQ points due to my enlistment and my heavy use of the SMAW
>I feel like I dropped 10 IQ points due to my enlistment

You can perfectly leave off the last part of the sentence and it still works fine.

Got a cousin in the spanish army, told us that a sniper friend of his would shoot anti material ~50.cal rifles way too often and developed brain damage from concussion, he couldnt say 5 words in a row after a while

>APDS from a shotgun
sign me up.

>Russian KS-23 shotguns in Bulgaria, and it was like getting smacked in the shoulder by 3 12ga
You're full of shit. It's a low velocity shell with slow burning powder. It has about as much recoil as a 12ga. They were for sale in the states and there are plenty of videos on them.

not sure OP, bought a ptr and it feels no different then my AR, might buy a wire folder for it to see if i can get it to hurt

>The barrel for the KS-23 were made from 23 mm anti-aircraft gun barrels that were rejected due to manufacturing flaws

Attached: fa_sg_ks23_m03.jpg (800x600, 125K)

>Russian KS-23
23mm bore is about a 6-ga. So no wonder it kicked as the gun only weighs 3.85 kg (8.5 lbs), which is about the same as a heavy-ish 12-ga

(cont)
but it depends on the charge and the mass of the projectile or shot load. 6-ga would normally be shooting over 2.6oz of shot.

7.62 CETME is a meme. The real issue is that many Spanish mausers are beat to fuck, and the non 98 actions just aren't as strong. shooting full .308, which tends to be slightly higher in pressure compared to 7.62 NATO due to case thickness, can exacerbate existing headspace issues or potentially cause lug setback or catastrophic failure. Will it happen? Probably not. Will you notice before it happens? Probably. Is it worth risking? You decide.

Weak ass bitch

Not a recoilless Rifle per say but firing the SMAW and Agunning it fucked me up in the end

Nothing. It's physics. As long as a living human is near that much momentum transfer they will take damage. Totally automated combat machines would be the only 'safe' ones.

>using an entire blank cartridge to propel a solid steel slug
isn't this basically a fucking grenade launcher

fuckin A, that's awful

Yes it was very fun and I don't regret it. How many people can honestly say they've destroyed a Machinegun emplacement with a rocket launcher? It's worth the damage to be able to claim that IMO.

Haha I'm not that bad yet. We'll see what the future holds. In addition to the SMAW, I did a lot of training with explosives in which i was quite close to explosive breaching charges like pic related(never used them in combat but still did lots of training on it). I also fell out of my top bunk in my sleep on my second deployment. I was wrapped up in my sleeping bag so I couldn't use my arms/hands to brace my fall and fell headfirst into the ground from about 5.5 feet. So yeah, my head took quite a beating during my enlistment.

thanks mr english professor

Attached: DSCF0049_1.jpg (1600x1200, 672K)

i don't actually remember, but i think it was 47

did you post that story before? i think i've read the exact same thing a few years back

Yes i believe ive talked about it here previously.

I don't know if it means anything, but your story got to me somehow. My congressional rep is a disabled combat vet (I don't know what percentage losing an eye counts for, but he lost an eye) and I'll be contacting his office tomorrow to see what can be done about extending benefits to people that suffered TBI from firing anti tank weapons/ordinance in general. The last thing this generation of veterans needs is a pervasive central nervous system injury that just gets ignored by the VA. Good luck user.

Do it pallie

I shouldered a double barrel 8 gauge shotgun and pulled both triggers at the same time. I've never had so much force slammed into my shoulder before. Was bruised black and blue for the next week and I'm no small man by any means.

I knew an Assualtman who was in the shit who was really slow to talk and would slur his words a lot. Apparently he was in Fallujah when shit hit the fan and the dude was constantly walking up to houses entrenched with hajis and putting rockets in them from 50 meters away. He says a week in he was all out zombie mode just stomping up to where they need him, firing his rocket and stomping back to let the riflemen move in. I also heard of other shitty duties during that battle, machine gunners getting stabbed in the back by infiltrators, riflemen getting into CQC, recon guys basically being surrounded 24/7, amtrackers driving into buildings to bury hajis alive and setting off propane bombs etc.

Do you usually have the guy with the 249 lead the stack?

I like to call the office of my congressmen and senators at least once a month. Got to keep those interns on their toes, make them earn that college course credit.

I honestly don't remember, it's been more than a decade

thanks for the well wishes buddy.

The Fallujah vets are considered gods amongst the infantry as a whole, but especially Assaultmen. Those dudes actually got to use the thermobaric SMAW NE rounds and urban breaching charges. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the privilege of being trained and lead by a few Phantom Fury vets.

Going down on a black chick can be pretty bad for the user if done wrong.

no user, he's 3rd or 4th depending on the breacher.

I too only recently learned that people who shoot a bunch of recoiless rifles actually limit themselves to 5-6 shots per day/week if possible because it makes you feel like garbage and literally harms you lol

Dan Crenshaw?

My cousin is married to the executive director of AMVETS. I'll put a bug in his ear about taking care of guys who suffer from the same condition due to their service.

No worries man, was just curious because of the picture. I didnt know if the marines did things differently.
That sounds right from what ive been taught.

Texas?

Was fighting for ZOG worth it?

Was spending your life in mum's basement worth it?

that the fuck is wrong with their faces. fucking gross

post your guns and abs, inferior male

they look normal idiot, that one dude just got bad teeth

Most of the guys that trained me were Fallujah and Ramadi veterans, ass whoopings continuous but they made you grow the fuck up and git gud. You’d hear all sorts of stories

>leveling houses with the Mk19 and by driving into them to set off IEDs
>driving into a neighborhood that has a squad of riflemen pinned down and cutting hajis in half with the .50 cal at near point blank
>driving through streets dodging RPGs
>rear crewmen riding lightning like some fucked up cowboy, taking potshots from the troop commander seat
>doing track repairs under fire, alternating between repairing and shooting
>doing casevacs 24/7, boot rear crewmen coming out of their first deployment with 25+ kills
>washing out all the blood and brain matter from the rear compartment
>ripping out bits and pieces of dead hajis out of the sprocket wheel after running them over.

Seeing how the war in Iraq and Afghanistan was typically fought, Fallujah really stands out, all out urban warfare

Attached: D2CF765F-58A6-4878-AAE5-8E6F74CCF3F8.jpg (1334x889, 235K)

How did they feel when they heard that ISIS took over the city without much resistance from the Iraqi army

Some guys were pretty pissed, I remember one SSgt yelling “what was the point?”, others were apathetic. One guy that was retiring no shit said he was going back and I take care of “unfinished business”

that's the most fucked up thing about modern warfare. you fight for nothing. in combat itself, you fight for yourself and the comrades next to you, but afterwards it was all for nothing. not for your country, not for your people, not for freedom, just nothing. you didn't even win the war, it's all for nothing. then you get back home and the next years you hear about those places you fought in in the news, how they change ownership, like you were never even there.

ww2 vets got home as victors, their job was done, they knew exactly what they fought for, and that it was the right thing to do. today, being a soldier is just a shitty job that fucks you up in many different ways.

they're slavs, they just look like that

Totally worth it. Ever since I was a young child I wanted to experience combat. I never even considered any other path. I left for boot camp 9 days after graduating HS when i was still 17. The high that you feel during a near-death experience is out of this world. It's the best feeling I've ever felt in my life and nothing else has even come close. Launching a rocket and watching it fly downrange, seemingly in slow motion, and seeing it perfectly impact an enemy target will flood your brain with so much dopamine and adrenaline it's indescribable. I really wish everyone could experience the pure joy I felt in those moments at least once in their lives. I will cherish those memories until the day I die.

So yeah, it was definitely worth it and I would do it again in heartbeat. The only reason i left the military in the first place is because peacetime was on the horizon and peacetime infantry sucks a giant dong. If the grunts were still getting legitimate combat deployments I would have stayed in for sure.

Sounds like you were in around the same time as me. Most of my team leaders and squad leaders were Fallujah/Ramadi vets and they made life downright MISERABLE as a boot. It paid off in spades when we finally went to combat though. We were such a well oiled machine.

Attached: IMG_0255_1.jpg (1296x1728, 1.06M)

Respect from a fellow 0351 who never even sniffed a SMAW in country and spent all his time as basically just a rifleman dismount in the back of an MRAP. I'm mad jelly.

Recoilless rifles are such a danger to the user that basically no one, not even most countries' forest services, uses them anymore.

Is that just a solid cylinder of steel in the 2nd from the right bottom shell? What the fuck are they shooting with that, light tanks?
Imagine if it was sodium and lit your target's whole body cavity on fire.

Pretty much every country in the world uses some form of recoilless rifle.

Based Dan Crenshaw

Dan Crenshaw is the fuckin GOAT. I live in MA so all our politicians are slimy liberals. I pray he runs for president someday and his being born in Britain doesn't fuck that up.