youtube.com/watch?v=OhSQd73TnN8&
youtube.com/watch?v=7HgpAhO-uwI&
youtube.com/watch?v=AKW6T0xNIcs&
streamable.com/bp5bj
cabelas.com/product/Pietta-Model-Single-Action-Revolver/1535116.uts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol. completely transformed & mutilated
still boring & ugly

well Jow Forums today was the day. I shot a glock for the first time. first handgun I went for the meme. USP compact .45. I was so sure of my superiority. So confident that I had dabbed, very strongly, on all the glockfags.
well time went on, and it was now time to select what would be my first 9mm. I wanted to avoid glock at all costs to continue in my dab, and so was considering the CZ 75 for superior aesthetics and that solid steel feel. But then I started thinking about all of the options available for glock, especially the micro roni as an option for my car gun. Have a glock 19 as my EDC and then have a micro roni with two 30 rnd mags under my passenger seat in case I need to hop out and racewar confidently at 50-100 yds.
Went to a range and rented both, sure that this would be the nail in the coffin for glock and that at the end of the day I'd sail into the sunset on the USS Anything-But-Glock. And lo and behold I fucking love shooting glocks.
I love it. The simplicity, the ergonomics, the feel. Also 9mm itself is just such a pure and fun round to shoot after doing 1000 rounds of .45 and 500 .357 magnum. The aesthetics are still shit, but all that can be changed and made gucci and clean. All of that plus micro roni.
It was a good day Jow Forums

Attached: shadow2.jpg (2656x1494, 2.39M)

SMASHED AND SLAMMED

Attached: BCmlQEJ.jpg (800x595, 39K)

I barely went shooting today for my 3rd or 4th time with my 1st handgun ever (G19); ive only shot about 150-200 rounds so far and im trying to be real mindful of the fundamentals. I have my grip down but my groupings still look like shit on a dove. Is there any way I can better "get" or understand the proper method of trigger control (i.e.: "squeeze don't pull", letting the trigger reset properly)? or is just getting in more range time and practicing IRL the best way to git gud?

I basically just go out in the desert and shoot those sticky shoot-n-c fluorescent-like targets and i dont even keep a specific range of distance away from the target, I just try to stand maybe about 5-10 paces away but not too close.

>tl;dr: how to git gud at shooting handgun when barely learning how to handgun shoot

>my groupings still look like shit
Be more specific fuck face.

Attached: IMAG1618.jpg (2688x1520, 1.29M)

more range time. also dry fire. get some snap caps, put a coin or bottle cap on top of your front sight, and practice pulling the trigger without letting the coin or cap fall off.
absolutely the only thing that matters for handgun accuracy is making sure the gun doesn't move at all as the trigger is pulled. everything else isn't important at this point. practice with one round at a time. have an empty mag in the well, put a single bullet in the chamber then release the slide. relax and don't worry about anything other than keeping the gun still.
also loading a snap cap randomly into a mag so you can see how much your jerking or flinching when you shoot. get pic related, select 7 bullets and 3 snap caps. mix them up without looking and load them into the mag. load the mag without looking and chamber a round. shoot as normal and watch for the jerk.
It really is just practice though. I'm about 700 rounds in and just recently got my groups down to about 3 inches out to about 25 yds. But those are the things that really helped me.

Attached: easy loader.jpg (466x574, 23K)

also, shooting with the thumbs forward grip, you might try pushing slightly with your off thumb against the gun. So if you're right handed and your left thumb is out in front, push firmly to the right with it. this can help with any torquing that happens during the trigger pull.

Smart pistol OP. Plz nerf

dry fire practice and a shitload of it
focus on the front sight and only the front sight while pulling the trigger
your goal is to break the trigger without moving that front sight

Is it worth upgrading from a G23 Gen 3 to a G19 Gen 5?

>gen 5
no
but it's worth upgrading to a gen 3 g19

Yes, in my opinion. I never had an issue with Glock's finger grooves. In fact I thought I kinda liked them. Right up until I shot a Gen 5. It is just a way better gun.

I am no longer a noguns.

Attached: KIMG0024.jpg (3264x1836, 2.23M)

>be me
>shot a glock for the first time a couple days ago
>10 inch groups ar 7 yards
Roast me

youtube.com/watch?v=y9d3_lufr4c&

youtube.com/watch?v=45QhpvY9LZc&

youtube.com/watch?v=C4yOIL40dcQ&

A good firm grip will prevent the gun from moving a lot during your trigger pull, double check your grip. Then just practice dry firing on shit in your house and do it until you can consistently pull the trigger without your sights moving.
>Take up slack
>roll through the rest of the pull with even force and without thinking about it too hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=li0rGtXh23I&

youtube.com/watch?v=xNNlb7QjfGI&

youtube.com/watch?v=rZSBLV8PbLA&

youtube.com/watch?v=OhSQd73TnN8&

youtube.com/watch?v=7HgpAhO-uwI&

youtube.com/watch?v=AKW6T0xNIcs&

P2000 or P30 in 9mm HKfags?

Leaning towards P2000 for smaller profile. Not settled on DASA or LEM but proficiency with DASA.

Attached: 53qgjae42i221.jpg (905x767, 116K)

>springfield armory
>supporting an actively anti-gun firearm manufacturer

Attached: 1471296089188.jpg (673x432, 91K)

so /hg/, .45? Or 10mm? If I want a fuck off tier pistol caliber, what has more stahpping powah?

9mm because stopping power is a meme

I already own a Beretta M92FS.

W even more reason to not buy a meme cartridge

Attached: hipower.jpg (2656x1494, 2.46M)

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_5291925146882_20190228_200950389.jpg (2048x1796, 1.03M)

Roast me and my cancer image

Attached: 20190322_225134.jpg (1984x2848, 3.76M)

I think the P30 trigger is shitty compared to the P2000.

That being said, good fucking luck trying to find a P30 even if you wanted one. Out of stock everywhere, no idea when it will be made again.

Glocks aren't bad at all.

They just also aren't good at all.

Cool!

Could be worse, a lot of people can't even hit paper at that range. You shoot other stuff better or was that your first time shooting ever?

Pick based on size, the P30 is a full size gun, the P2000 is what I'd call a semi-compact and the P30SK is a babby gun.

>being a fucking retard who can't keep up with firearm company news
Desu embarrassment

Neither of those have more stopping power than whatever you're comparing them against. So get the one that gives you the fizz, that's all those calibers are great at.

I'm having conflicting feels looking at this.

Attached: mix em ups.jpg (2000x1333, 601K)

I bought one in 2013.
I discovered Jow Forums in 2014.
I bear an icon of sin until I find an upgrade I can trade in for.

Nice!

Attached: brigtac.jpg (2656x1494, 2.76M)

There is no fucking way you aren't samefagging.

I'm i don't know about the other guy with merman stuff. I was just posting it for the sake of shitposting really.

Imagine being so smoothbrained you let a bunch of retards on an anime imageboard form your opinions for you.

should I get a single action army and say yee haw a lot?

Attached: 3259.jpg (2010x1340, 575K)

Attached: F1D19E89-BFF6-4972-8224-2ACC022F8B7F.jpg (1136x357, 216K)

yes, they are fun. no need to pay boomer money for a real colt, but find a clone with all 4 clicks.

theres literally nothing wrong with springfield user as a gun or as a company
stop pandering to memeing idiots with this shit apology

I really need to replace the grips on this thing, those palm swells are waaay too fat for my hands. I hear LOK Grips are great, but I'm not sure if I should even bother trying them, or if I should just go for the factory thin aluminum ones.

Attached: 75bsa.jpg (2656x1494, 2.67M)

First time glock guy here, not even close to my first time shooting, I have shot plenty a rifle but that glock was the second handgun I have ever fired. Im not bad with an SKS/AR15

Am I doing it right?

Attached: DSC_0067.jpg (929x1652, 484K)

What holster do you use for your shadow 2?

It's brand spanking new, so I haven't gotten a holster for it yet. I'm fond of PJ Holster for kydex though, that's my go-to first choice for every gun I carry.

Thanks. Ill check them out

What is a good 9mm 1911 i have a llama 9mm one now but i want a good one?

Hi Burt, needing your expertise! If you had to choose a 9mm subcompact, what would you choose? I'm currently eyeing ppq sc, shield, p365, g23, g43, and others. What are your thoughts?

you are lucky, most people take a long time to grow out of the meme guns like the usp

I think I committed a sin, I shot my guns and lowered the value.

streamable.com/bp5bj

p30L with LEM trigger?

Yep, and a medium trigger spring (factory was light) and match sear spring.

noice
good shooting, keep it up ;)

Your winky face is discomforting, but thanks

... sorry :)

K I’ll do it if no one else will.
Looks like a Subaru WRX in gun form. Nice .223 get though.

I know Jow Forums hates to hear this, but if you don't know what mistakes you are making, let alone what causes them and how to fix them, it's going to be a long, annoying road.

Do you have a local guy that you've seen shoot accurately and quickly who you can get to watch and critique your form?

Did you shoot it clean?

.44 Magnum

Proud of u

What makes the USP a meme gun?

any good aftermarket replacements for the safety/decocker lever on the 92fs?
the factory one is fucking awful it keeps fucking up my fingers every time I rack the slide

Metal Gear Solid and Cowadooty

>the factory one is fucking awful it keeps fucking up my fingers every time I rack the slide

How do you mouthbreathing retards manage to do this? I've never understood it. You and the other people that claim they engage the slide safety when they rack it have to be bullshitting. Grab the fucking slide like a man and pull it back. Pro tip: your fingers won't fucking move from where you place them on the slide when as long as you are putting any minuscule amount of pressure on them AND they aren't covered in the fucking disgusting NEET grease you basement-dwelling virgins seem to be covered in 98% of the time.

Yeah, everyone had to shoot it twice to complete the "stage"
Clean, no penalties 4.95 hit factor
>29 Alpa
>14 Charlie
>1 Delta

*hits vape*
i want my pistol to look like a chinese piece of shit too

the real redpill is to grip it right here along the existing grooves

Attached: 20190324_080335.jpg (4128x2322, 3.76M)

Trim your fucking nails, you gross bitch.

Goddamn, it's times like these that I am reminded just what type of people I share this board with. It's the type that you see at the gunshows. Obese, neckbearded, camo-wearing greaseballs that are munching down on hotdogs and popcorn as they go around the tables spouting "knowledge" about the guns in an attempt to seem smarter than everyone there, but in reality they're just embarrassing themselves and pissing off the vendors by driving away other customers and touching their merchandise without making any purchases.

Oh, I don't play video games so I didn't realize.

I didn't say it engages the safety, it's just annoying and unintuitive compared to how I rack all my other guns
with my 5906 for example I still grip my fingers onto the safety and rack it without a problem, but with the 92fs I have to grip the slide further up because the safety is just the right size to be a pain in the ass if I try to grab on to it directly

nice gun user. may i ask: do you daily carry yours? if not, what do you carry? i love the cz75b and i wanted to buy one to carry but i've heard they're too heavy for every day.

Fuck jew show vendors.

now THIS is autism

People hate the USP because they overpriced new, and the positive aspects (accuracy, durability, reliability) are totally lost on people that limp wrist everything and can't aim (which is probably 90% of Jow Forums)

i aint clickin on that shit negro

Don't blame you, I'd upload a webM but my mobile network is fucking range b& by gookmoot

Today is my wife's birthday, have been thinking about getting her a Heritage Rough Rider for a while now. She thinks revolvers are pretty neat and I think it'd be a nice economical way to get her into guns a little more. I know they aren't the most fantastic guns on the planet, but are there any major problems or things I should be aware of? It's pretty much the only 22lr revolver we can afford right now that I know of which is a little bewildering. As much as I would like to get her a nicer Ruger DA/SA, I can't really justify a gun triple (or more) the price of a rough rider for something that will probably never see more than 3-4k rounds. Pls no bully for being a poor college couple.

The sights are crap and never zeroed, the trigger is crap, the lockup is sloppy

But they're fun, and work, and won't blow up in your face

This Pietta should be a much better gun if you can swing $230.
cabelas.com/product/Pietta-Model-Single-Action-Revolver/1535116.uts

Anyone have a duel illumination rmr? I'm wondering how they work in between lighting conditions, and in the dark with a bright weapon light. I'm looking at the duels because they're cheaper than a deltapoint and $150 more than a vortex.

>doesn't know the difference between duel and dual
Just get a Burris and call it good.

>can only afford a $140 pistol
>"a little bewildering"
I'm guessing you have no idea why you're poor either.

>doesn't know the difference
that's because he's a dualist

I have one. The only situation I've encountered where there was a washout was in pitch black and pointing my TLR-1 at a bright-colored wall.

First hike with the USP

Attached: USP45innawoods.jpg (1080x1178, 441K)

Thank you gentlemen

Attached: 20190314_233828.jpg (2766x2268, 3.76M)

why do people shit on the STI 2011s
i fucking love them

Because they cost a lot of money and 99% of Jow Forums are both poor and bad with money so will never be able to afford one.

Do you only mean complete washout or would you consider major fading? I've seen a lot of videos that look very disappointing. Reticle type/color?

>He fell for the Glock sucks meme
Kek. Easiest way to spot someone new to shooting and regurgitate shit they hear on a Cambodian chicken farming board

Get a 9mm barrel, extractor, ejector and 9mm mags. Use the money you just saved on ammo

no one cares

I care you cynical twat

It's bewildering because out of the dozens of firearms manufacturers selling .22 LR handguns that there aren't any "economy" DA/SA revolvers in the $250-$300 price range, and yet there are several offerings in other more powerful chamberings such as .38 special. In my opinion I think that would be a really great corner of the market for brands like Charter Arms and Taurus to target. I am not saying they would be stellar firearms or any better than an similar Ruger or S&W, merely that I find it odd nobody has done it yet. Realistically I could afford to purchase just about anything she could want right now, but our priorities are in other places. Go ahead and keep on believing that firearms are some sort of elitist hobby though, it doesn't hurt me at all.

Nice, my USP45 was my hiking gun until I got the Mk23. What ammo/holster?

Only a mongoloid poorfag would say there's something wrong with STI guns. The 9mm mags cost a shit ton but they're one of the few that work. I'd be all over a reasonably priced Spartan or Trojan and wish they'd bring those back.

I care about you though user. Got any innawoods pics of your handgonne?

Why would you hike with a MK23? Now THAT is meme territory

>the USP
>the
go back to ledd*t faggot

No holster yet (I know), and hand loads of 230g flat nose Lapua brass/vihtavouri.

there are no woods where i live, only water and i don't take guns swimming

He's a massive attention whore