Pontifical Swiss Guards

youtube.com/watch?v=M0HM2NGR_GI

Do they have tier 1 units?

Attached: f5a5c719a0f9b80a2e6100f134c631b9_XL.jpg (1024x576, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/style/article/vatican-swiss-guard-new-helmets-intl/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7U9lVjZg-Kg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resurrection_(Fazzini)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope the next Pope upgrades everything to tacticool. What would it look like?

Attached: de08b4f424e62fe6c472265f7f4fbe54.jpg (1000x1373, 118K)

They have guns versus a population that doesn't have guns. They also haven't ever seen combat. Seems like larpers to me.

OMG, I just turned Catholic.

Yes. As swiss pikemen go up the upgrade tree, they trade in their pokers for increasingly more lethal armaments.
Swiss guards are directly lifted from the Swiss military... so, they still haven't seen a lick of actual combat, but such is the fate of neutralfags. Not their fault pizza land is "no gunz", even though everyone in the malfia has at least two.

Attached: vatican_armory.png (768x574, 1.04M)

In reality, the Swiss Guards have modern weaponry and a shitton of 'em. I've seen a SIG with a Holy See seal, it's such a weird item. No, we don't know what they use in detail because for some weirdo reason they keep it classified.

Like the problem is the civvie population of Rome and not random psychos and headcutters.

Italian gun laws are rather good for Euro standards, arguably better than California. AKs are cheaper too.

> The Swiss Guard in their function as bodyguards are equipped with the SIG P220 pistol and the SIG SG 550 rifle (or its SG 552 variant) ... The Glock 19 pistol and Heckler & Koch MP7 submachine gun are reportedly also carried by Swiss Guard members in their function as plainclothes bodyguards.
> In the 19th century (prior to 1870), the Swiss Guard along with the Papal Army used firearms with special calibres such as the 12,7 mm Remington Papal.

Attached: rem_papalini_038-tfb.jpg (600x450, 61K)

The Vatican gets 5 million visitors a year, there has been a number of attempts against the Pope's life, crazy hadjis roaming free and who knows how many edgy fedoralords trying to pull some shit on their watch. They may not be shock troop material but I bet they take their job seriously.

Attached: BGeUvbM2TOLOrnG52KAEnpuRT61T9jcOx.jpg (1455x2048, 280K)

How the fuck do they use the pikes anywhere? Small halls and rooms, in crowds, etc. Even just carrying them around without taking out some tourist's ankles would be a pain

They don't have pikes, they have halberds.

They dont really give a shit about outer security. As a stupid teen i brought a flask to the vatican (forgot it was in my bag) went through their x-ray machine scared shitless. They didnt give a fuck.

Where can I get a papal marked gun?

You realize he means real security? Not the fake bullshit they have for tourists.

iirc they're actually extremely well trained and carry firearms under that armor

you were worried about a flask in the vatican?
what were they going to do? have the nuns whip you?

it's begun

cnn.com/style/article/vatican-swiss-guard-new-helmets-intl/index.html

Attached: _105300278_gettyimages-955401582-594x594.jpg (624x351, 37K)

I like the idea of taking old armor and modernizing it.

>I've seen a SIG with a Holy See seal
*DEUS VULT INTENSIFIES*
youtube.com/watch?v=7U9lVjZg-Kg

>fucking plastic

Ballistic Polymers*

maximum gay. I'm appaled and disgusted. but ofc the Vatican would shit all over any remaining shred of culture and history.

>They also haven't ever seen combat.
Today, no, but the past is a different story.

Attached: image.jpg (567x359, 277K)

Whole problem with the Swiss is that their perceptions of how the military functions are shaped by the 19th century more than they are modernity. Their lawls and ruelz of war literally don't work in a battlefield with things like "insurgents" or "non-lawful combatants".

implying thats not a major problem in all of the west. the britbong BBC made a reality TV show about the daily struggles of ISIS fighters ffs.

They lost though. Swiss Guard were winning until they killed the commander of the HRE forces, causing all his men to chimp out and sack Rome.

Switzerland doesn't have any military problems because they don't police goat herders in shitganistan.

There are a very small number of Papal States' Army Remington Rolling Blocks on the civilian market in the USA (can probably count them on one hand).

>>If you kill your enemies they win
Holy...

He's not wrong, but that part is coincidence. The defenders were outnumbered and most of them were city militia to begin with.

>papal marked

why? do you like a guy who bows to mudslimes and washes their feet?

I guess they would have been marked before Vatican II.

No, the ones wearing armour aren't the ones with guns

Wrong

>have the nuns whip you?
hot

I hear they're good against skinwalkers too.

They get Papal crossbows. Juior guards have to work their way up through the tech tree.

Attached: 4375343144_9db64b81c0_b.jpg (768x1024, 280K)

No, just regular plastic.
> In 2019, after 500+ years, the Swiss Guard will receive new and modernized helmets. The old metal helmet has been replaced by a 21st century high-tech, 3D-printed version, made of UV-resistant PVC, a common type of plastic. The new helmets will have hidden air vents to better keep the guards cool in the warm Roman sun.

Yikes!
> In 2009, the Pontifical Swiss Guard commandant, Daniel Anrig, suggested that the Guard might someday be open to recruiting women

the catholic church needs to be eradicated.
all religion needs eradicated

if we exterminated all members and supporters of every religion on earth today,

we would be living on a paradise planet tomorrow

>every religion on earth
You're not wrong... but we all know which religions would perfectly suffice.

> we would be living on a paradise planet tomorrow
[citation needed]

Attached: SteveShives.jpg (231x231, 32K)

>Do they have tier 1 units?
What would their purpose be? Wash migrant feet?

Attached: 1550521006813.jpg (4177x1974, 834K)

I've always wanted to know is whether or not they would do anything the pope ordered, and by this i mean lets say a pope wanted some heretic dead and task the guard to do it would they?

Most likely

Attached: 1-APTOPIX-Vatican-Fami.jpg (511x670, 64K)

> The Vatican has set its sights on qualifying for the Olympics, with a track team of up of 60 athletes, including nuns, priests, Swiss Guards, museum workers, carpenters and maintenance workers.
> The group also counts two Muslim migrants -- Jallow Buba, a 20-year-old from Gambia, and Anszou Cisse, a 19-year-old from Senegal -- as honorary members.
> "They are migrants whose feet have walked through so many difficult paths that it's wonderful to see them run for the first time on an athletic track," Ciprietti said.
> She added that the team's main goal "is to promote through sport messages of solidarity, (and to) fight against racism and all kinds of violence."
Oh ffs! They couldn't even pick Christian niggers, they had to go for Muslims.

Attached: 190110155856-01-vatican-sports-team-0110-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 59K)

Congratulations fedoralord, you just nuked the entirety of your agricultural producing population.

Vatican is two faced: they'll complain about how Muslims are heretics and how the stories of Muhammad were made up on the radio, but come up with this "ehe solidarity" bullcrap to look nice in the liberal press.

I want you to imagine something
>be a part of a church that has existed for thousands of years
>founded upon ancient scriptures and traditions, maintained by a guy with a big hat
>the guy in the big hat is chosen by some guys wearing bright red inquisitor robes from Warhammer 40k
>the red guys are appointed by the guy in the big hat to help with stuff he'd do if he wasn't polishing his hat
>they're chosen from some guys larping as chess pieces
>you can become a chessboard larper by being a priest and wishing very hard for Christmas
>this system goes on until some dumbfuck Russians decide that red is their new favorite color and nobody can have food.
>some of the red guys turn out to be hiding another kind of red under their copies of the Horus Heresy and didn't tell anyone
>also there's some order that was founded and very quickly corrupted by these Bolsheviks, but luckily they can't get very high in the clergy, they're kept at arms length generally
>eventually the redder guys infiltrate the red guys to the point of panic
>they blackmail and depose the funny German sounding guy in the big hat, and put the big hat on a fucking Jesuit (see: shit that's not supposed to happen)
>the big hat guy is now red too
>none of them actually believe in what the church was founded upon and only want to corrupt it to be used to spread Bolshevism
>the scriptures and traditions are still valid, but the leadership has been ousted in a bloodless coup
You have now entered the mind of a sedevacantist.
I say fuck this, we should gather some Jow Forumsommandos and retake Rome to purify the Church. We can be the new clergy after the Day of Wrath upon commies and commie sympathizers.

true

non mulim religions will get a moratoriam period to prove they can contain there own retardation and prove they will not pass it down to future generations.

a secular moral and ethics code based on reality would be fine to establish for the benefit of humankind in the future
remove fairy tale books

Get out of here discord tranny

Right, because people have never killed or gone to war for monetary gain, resources, territorial disputes, blood feuds or anything other than religion. Also I'm sure that a certain 13% of the population is very religious so we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore right? Neck yourself

Attached: 3A17FAFC-9317-4222-83EE-BB56902ABE91.jpg (822x619, 84K)

Once you defeat the Swiss Guards, you must battle the Four Elemental Guards. Earth, Fire, Air, and Water.

One of the few non heretics in the guard should do the right thing and save the church

Are those wizards?

>One of the few non heretics
How dare y-

Attached: 351b579ff6a88001d15822a95bf7e38d.jpg (800x535, 91K)

>Hans are we the Heretics?

The Four Devas!

> For almost 80 years, the officers and NCOs of the Swiss Guard were armed with Hugo Schmeisser’s very homely Dreyse Model 1907 pistol ... [until] the attempted assassination of Pope John Paul in 1981 by a Turkish hitman

Attached: Dreyse M1907 .32 Caliber.jpg (800x600, 67K)

Holy shit that looks satanic

It gets even better. That sculpture is in an auditorium shaped like the head of a snake.

Attached: 523452345.jpg (750x500, 237K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resurrection_(Fazzini)

Is the pope the Antichrist or am i tripping?

Who wins between a battalion of Swiss guards and a battalion of Samurai ?

Attached: swissvssamurai.png (521x432, 509K)

I want to see Jow Forums neckbeards getting gunned down by Swiss Guard, and then the ones who are wounded and dying getting put down with fucking pikes.
Sounds absolutely metal.

Nah, this isn't anything particular to the current Pope.

The Papacy was taken over by heretics in 1962 and has steadily gotten worse since then.

>The Papacy was taken over by heretics in 1962 and has steadily gotten worse since then.

Attached: D3AED2AB-3443-46DC-A9D2-41FB73C50A7C.png (680x512, 349K)

tfw no war since 1847

Attached: SwissArmyAlps.jpg (960x540, 105K)

The Second Vatican Council, user.

>plastic armor
>the Guard might someday be open to recruiting women

Attached: gone.jpg (752x527, 55K)

There are still 0 women in the guard

i don't get the problem with women in the guard, it just means the pope will have a fighting harem

those quads don't lie

Attached: Bodyguards_gadafi.jpg (573x344, 115K)

>harem
>christian
>celibate

Attached: buzzyoucantbeserious1.jpg (250x203, 47K)

>Bodyguards_gadafi.jpg
I wonder what could go wrong

Attached: real good idea.jpg (640x392, 22K)

Reminder that grandmaster of Hospitaller knight order has stepped down as a protest against the unorthodox and anti-traditional policies of Pope Francis

I think they should fight against the KKK in the arena, this would be epic.

Why would that be epic?

In reality thats probably cause most of their armour are originals that are hundreds of years old and pricless. Thats why some armour is mismatched or ingraved cause it belonged to the original swiss guards from hundreds of years ago

Yeah, it's also a good way to get rid of gear queers. Either way I'd consider it a win.

>
You know, maybe having a few women around in some capacity wouldn't be that bad. The guard should just recruit them as "squires" or something so every real guard has a personal battle maid, plus the influx of women would mean any pedos now have something better to molest, and if they're locally recruited from Italy then maybe they'd like it.
Everyone wins.