Continuing to tell stories from the last thread

Continuing to tell stories from the last thread.
Pic is my well in process.

Attached: 20160919_123234.jpg (3264x2448, 3.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=15xOf618Fxg
youtube.com/watch?v=qaY7-b2qXLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>only two blocks down
Lmfao

The last thread.

very square hole nice

OP what became of Ewe in the end? What are you drinking tonight.

Standby everyone we are waiting on some extra confirmation to see if OP is legit or if this whole thing as just been LARP. OP said he would be answering some questions that will help us confirm in this thread.

Lol I don't give a fuck if it is a larp. If it is OP should be writing fiction because he'd blow the cocks straight off most of the boring fags putting out content these days.

I missed the last one. What's going on?

Mission accomplished.

I feel like if it was fake there'd be less empathizing with africans more killing niggers.

Check out this and bring yourself up to date.

Ahh. Thanks

>What unit did you serve in?
I've said I'm not answering this
>During the Border War, where were you stationed?
Another question that makes me fairly uncomfortable
>What's the common Afrikaans term for cigarette butts and shell casings?
Butts we called Stompies, spent casings we called Biters. Occasionally you'd get one jump out and down your shirt.
>What's the Bushman (Khoisan) word for insect?
I actually can't tell you. I've always called them crawlies which turned into creepy crawlies when I had kids.
>How would you tell somebody to piss off in Afrikaans or Zulu or Xhosa
In Afrikaans - donnerse bliksem
Bliksem is hard to explain. It doesn't really mean to hit or anything like that. It's more like an expression. "On a scale of 1-10 of angry are you?"
"eish, bliksem eh?"
It's an 11 on the scale comparatively.
>What's the term for when blacks are protesting (often jumping around)?
Your term or our terms?
You call it a chimp out. I called it a riot. We did plenty of riot control. I have some stories to tell about that too.
>What's the derogatory term for an Indian in South Africa?
Very commonly we called them curry-munchers. There's no one term.

Do you know how far down the water table is?

What was your favorite weapon to use while you served? What about after you served?

Cool :)

Here's the thing "my guy"
When you get to my age, or close to it, and you've had cancer twice - your perspective on life changes a bit. I used to feel invincible. Now I'm very very mortal. It's silly and I dislike admitting it but I just tried to say the things my son would say. It makes me feel younger.

Ewe and his people were held in captivity for a fairly long time and once we were totally convinced they weren't going to be a threat to us they were sent out to Botswana. Never saw any of them again. I never had good feelings about it though and I've sometimes wondered if they were just taken out into the middle of nowhere and shot. There was only roughly 30 of them.
Spiced Rum. started with a scrumpy to get things rolling. Looking to get very comfortably numb tonight.
Yes, I live right next to the sea. It'll take me another few months of work.
My rifle. Vector R4. It was slightly heavier than an AK but had a fold-able stock which was nice for clearing buildings.
>What about after you served?
I didn't really trust myself with weapons after I left. Only guns I had was a Mosin Nagant for hunting and a little sawed off shotgun that I kept under my daughters carry cot if somebody tried something on us while we were in the car.

youtube.com/watch?v=15xOf618Fxg
Do you happen to have any recommendations for good South African music from the 70's/80's?

I'm going to tell a story about one of the riots we had to deal with.
I do have an album that really requires some listening but I can't remember the name of it right now.
A film I can suggest to everybody here is called Jock of the Bushveld. Important film to me.

Water table user here: I just wanted to check. I was about to buy some land and put a well on it and then I spoke to a surveyor and he told me the water table is so far down it would cost more than a house in good neighborhood.

Probably why none of that land was developed yet.

This dude is either gonna get buried alive
Or die of CO2 poisoning

Depends how far down he goes. Sometimes you don't have to go down very far.

We were in Namibia at the time. I hated riot control work, all you really did was scare and hurt people and occasionally someone would try something like pull you or someone next to you off the side of the tank and you'd dish out a thumping to whomever touched your boots. This particular day was bad, the streets were packed and we were just rolling through.
How this worked was we all replaced our regular bullets for rubber ones. However we also quickly figured out that you could the rubber out and replace it with an AA battery. We'd generally put one battery in one bullet and then that bullet we'd put in our magazine first so it came out last. We'd then pray that it didn't get fired because yes it was good fun and usually went fine but occasionally they'd blow up a rifle. This was the first time I'd gotten shot at by a civilian. He'd loaded shotgun shells with metal fillings and then ran up to the tank and fired them at our legs then ran like stink. Me and Squeaky (who I'll tell you more about later) sat there for a while pulling little bits of metal out of our knees, wasn't a big deal and we weren't authorized to fire so we didn't.

I later got in a bit of trouble which I was very happy to accept. I'm not really a fan of torture. I fucking hate it in fact. Same day, bumbling along. Through the crowd I heard screaming and I assure you there's no mistaking the sound of someone burning alive. They'd taken a random and tied him to a pole and lit him on fire. As we drove past I put a bullet in the guys head to stop the noise. I got night guard on my birthday for that. Seemed like a fair punishment.
Sorry for cutting this one kinda short, having trouble keeping that memory fresh.

I have to go another meter or two but I'm not doing it currently because I don't have supports. If you go back to the last thread, you'll find I have a healthy respect for holes in the ground. I'm not looking to die that way.

Wait until the walls collapse on you while you are at the bottom scratching your ass. You will have 3 minutes to remove tons of soil off your chest so you can breathe.

These are just some pictures my son took while he was with me. You can see my little chive plant down there in the bottom left grey planter, and below that in the white one is some chilies.

Attached: 20170508_175833.jpg (3264x2448, 1.74M)

What do you want to check user?
I can see the water from my home. Your surveyor is probably right.

Africans sure seem to love setting each other on fire. Weren't they going to spark that guy during the Louis Theroux documentary?

Have you ever read 19 with a bullet?

Hey, I just read through all the past thread and came to this one, your life seems both fascinating and fucking scary.

Will be reading this thread with bated breath!

>Weren't they going to spark that guy during the Louis Theroux documentary?
I can't say I know. I haven't watched much media in a long time. I got most of my news from the radio. Which for now I've turned off until this shooting news dies down.
No I haven't but I looked the book up. Paratroopers had it rough man. Sometimes harder than us. They were fucking strong men.

Its been a while since I read it but he saw a lot of action. I do remember the one part about a guy getting cut in half by anti air. Also whats the gun trade like down there? If you needed an R4 or AK for ghoul defence could you get one? I know a curry their whos trying to find one for that purpose.

what is the terminal effect of an aa battery?

Attached: 1527655813914.jpg (1134x1203, 61K)

I would expect similar to a slug

>cut in half by anti air
Yeah I'm not surprised. People pop if you hit them with a big enough shell.
>Also whats the gun trade like down there?
No idea. I haven't lived there for 19 years. I assume it's still not very difficult to get something. Getting something worthwhile would be harder though I'd assume.
>what is the terminal effect of an aa battery?
A lot of splatter.

Wait you dont live in SA anymore? Glad you got out. Or are you rhodesian?

He was born in Rhodesia, fought for SA, now lives in NZ(I think)

Almost yeah but they will hit sideways sometimes and just blow everything it hits apart. Lets impact force, more mess
You are right.

I hope OP and everyone in this thread are as drunk as me, as Saturday night should be.

Cool, I also saved the green text from the last thread. Interesting story.

I wish mate, I got work tomorrow.

also it's sunday

I'm getting there slowly. I have plenty of time tonight and don't want to put myself to sleep too quickly.
Thank you. Sorry it was written so badly. Everything gets a bit fuzzy when I talk about this stuff.

Hey ausfag, Brizvegas reporting in. These threads are dope OP, we appreciate the effort your putting in.

Glad you got out. Im going to bed I have work early tomorrow.

It was fine dude.

I was going to write out some sappy thing about how bad things in war don't count, but I can't say that. I guess know that although you know the faults of what you did now, you could have avoided far worse fates.

Anyways, I gotta sleep

You're welcome user.
Slaap lekker.

I'm going to talk a little bit about Squeaky now.

Nah, I am an amerifat.

I just work weird hours.

Was going to tell you it's still Saturday here in Burgerland then checked the clock and realized I've waded well into Sunday by now.

Cheers man. Appreciate the sentiment.
Have a good night.

Sure, I also plan to save any other stories your write if you don't mind.

Anyways, goodbye for real now, my laptop is almost ded.

RHODESIANS NEVER DIE

Attached: Rhodies can't die.jpg (590x737, 129K)

I don't mind at all. Night.

great picture.

Just finished watching the movie and I couldn't agree more with your suggestion. Great film, thanks.

Attached: 1529100889112.jpg (594x696, 142K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qaY7-b2qXLQ
what is this song about I can never find context

Squeaky was a short, lanky fellow. We called him squeaky because the closer we got to a firefight or if there was contact his voice would slowly get higher until he was basically screeching. It was a nightmare. He was our driver as well so we used him to tell how close we were to where we needed to be. We used to bolt poles onto our land rovers if we got issued hardtops, then take someones bivi and attach it to the poles to make a makeshift sun-cover so we could sit on top of the trucks and not get too fucking hot. One day whilst driving through the Namib Desert, we were all up top and Squeaky was sitting on the edge of the drivers seat with the door open and the truck in gear, idling along slowly.
Over time we just forgot about him, out of sight out of mind and all that. We'd forgotten right up until we'd actually come in contact with some Cubans on the wrong side of the river. We called down to Squeaky to stop the fucking truck but he didn't, just drove us forward until one of us climbed down and found to our great surprise, he wasn't there.
A very short firefight ensued quickly afterwards. The Cubans ran out of ammo so we didn't kill them. They jumped in the water and swam across to the other side of the river and ran off into the desert, very likely died.
Nobody knew what had happened to Squeaky until he rocked up at camp with a bloody big gash on his head and thirsty as fuck. Roughly 5 hours later.
What had happened was while driving along the door had hit a little shrub and been pushed enough to get force behind it. These are heavy fucking doors and it had swung shut and hit him in the swede, knocking him out cold. He'd fallen out of the truck and we'd all completely missed it.

Fuck you, asshole. You know full well that this would make me cry.

I did not mean to upset you I just enjoy the song I don't know what language they are speaking in the non English parts as well as the historical context

Attached: 1xylwzsqpxn01.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

If you really can't find context it's basically telling a story of when Mugabe came to power, the R.A.R was disbanded and left to their own devices. They were literally some of the bravest men in African history and widely considered the best soldiers to ever come out of Africa.
It's the Rhodesia African Rifles famous song. Look that up.

Not OP here, the language is Shona by the way.

thank you both, I like the song a lot more now

Attached: Valentines.jpg (800x600, 49K)

I'm going to play some Delta Force. Will answer questions later.

I've got an exam at 10am, tweaking off addy and occasionally checking the thread but I cant drink rn unfortunately.

You're fine user.
What's your exam on?

Did you wear the short shorts?

Yes, I wore the short shorts sometimes.

Was it uncomfortable? What was the practicality of it? Did it help with traversing the terrain?

Sorry, had these questions for ages.

>tweaking off addy
Welcome to my world. Job, girlfriend, and college degree are hard to balance without it.
Dont take too much. I wrote an essay that i read later and you can see where i was pretty high because it gets super detailed with barely any periods but excessive commas.

>Was it uncomfortable?
Not uncomfortable although they were sometimes tight enough for sand to give you a bad rash if you weren't careful. I took mine off, flopped my cock out and used the brush for my rifle sights to brush the sand out of my crack. Most people would do the same.
>What was the practicality of it?
It was fucking hot man. Too hot to be modest.
>Did it help with traversing the terrain?
We did have one guy get bitten on the thigh by a mamba and that was very unlucky. He killed it though so I think he hopefully felt okay with it.
Otherwise yeah. Just walk around the shit that'll spike you too much and you'll be fine was the general consensus.

You lived in Australia for a time, right? Which coutry do you like more, aus or nz?

Still keep in contact with any of the lads you served with?

I have not lived in Australia although I would have loved to go bush there. You could get nice and lost.
Not anymore. Part of the reason I'm here is one of them was killed in a carjacking a few months ago.

this nigga said he threw people off buildings and when asked about said he interrogated people in helicopters like he was god damn CIA man

it's a larp

Did you read that paragraph at all?
A common trick we used was blindfolding people, taking them into a helicopter, flying one foot off the ground then asking questions.
Unfortunately you don't always have a helicopter and people don't always cooperate.
In some situations you had to throw a guy off a one story building to get other guys to talk. Most people you toss don't die but they don't land nicely either.

What do you regret the most?

Go back to the last thread. You'll find your answer in there.

What's your opinion on gun laws? Specifically new zealand's?

What an absolute mad cunt. How far out of base do you reckon youse were when he fell out?

Of course it's LARPing faggotry, where do you think you are?

Easily 100k.
Fairly upset. If a kid falls out of a tree and breaks his arm, should all kids not be allowed to climb trees?
This kneejerk reaction doesn't make me happy but it's NZ, you can't expect much from them. Especially when the PM chooses her job over her child.

>donnerse bliksem
dutch and flemish: donder en bliksem
english: thunder and lightning
it comes from the dutch expresion ga naar de bliksem, loop naar de bliksem, loop naar de pomp.(run to the waterpump)
other synonim would be duizend bommen en granaten!!, arty shelling is hell you see.
so donnerse bliksem is a mood expresion and means go to hell, piss off, go away, go fuck yourself, leave me alone basicly.
just saying bliksem means punching someone like thor's hammer if you say donnerse bliksem depending on mood like that 11/10 angry level, i'd rather say 16/10 lol but this is rare
donnerse:
you can also say for example, blerie die donnerse anties van die bakvissie! and *whistle* ag manmanman

:D

Attached: kapitein archibald haddock.jpg (173x292, 12K)

top kek

Thank you for putting that into words so nicely user. I am not the most eloquent of men.

Tell us more about the riots. I really want to know how to put 'em down. Any methods tactics? Also, pls live beyond 55 it will be fun to watch the world go to shit. I wanna see Saudi Arabia and Iran to destroy each other. Same for Pakistan and india.

Attached: 1491831381208.jpg (453x604, 56K)

More riot stories will come tomorrow. Might tell another tongiht then fall asleep. It's 2 in the morning here, sorry.
As for how to put down riots, you can't really. You can only make them feel like they can't accomplish anything without you in the way. Most rioters don't know what they're there for exactly, they're probably just caught in the heat of the moment. This is not the case in all, but in my experience, most riots.
>Any methods tactics?
We used to roll through streets in ways that would separate very large groups into smaller groups. The smaller the group the less people will lose their mind in the noise. It's easy to get caught up in that rush of emotion and harder to resist it. I protested apartheid and even after having experience I found I'd still swell with emotion when I was caught in the middle of thousands of shouting people.
Be scarier than they are. They shout at you, shout louder. Nothing shouts as loud as a tank with 4 people sitting on the track guards point a rifle at your face.
Obviously we don't really do it that way anymore but it worked.

India has already destroyed itself. You can just watch as it smolders. Just like the cow shit they burn as fuel to cook their food.

Alright guys. I need to hit the fart sack.

Are you noticing it getting hotter as you get closer to the earths core?

the more underground you go the hotter it gets, it was over 450F when the russians drilled the kola superdeep bore hole

Are you planning to die due to lack of shoring?

For a second I thought unnaground was becoming a thing again.

>How this worked was we all replaced our regular bullets for rubber ones. However we also quickly figured out that you could the rubber out and replace it with an AA battery.

> diameter of a AA battery is typically 14.5mm

That's like twice the diameter of a 7.62. This guy sounds like hes full of shit.

Attached: 1549573679869.jpg (576x702, 65K)

read his old thread, he's actually legit. my deployment was almost 5 years ago and i sometimes mix shit up, this guy was serving before i was even born. that stuff happens when you're not an american who handles guns every day.

He isn't even 10 meters down, it's going to get cooler before it even thinks about getting warmer.

why is the dirt different colors in layers.

What was your opinion of the Cuban army during the battle of Cuito Cuanavale. Personally I find the battle laughable on Cuban side as Castro did the one thing he is good at afterward. Damage control.

Whats the diameter of a AAA?

soil horizons

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

AA batteries almost perfectly fit into 12ga shells. He said he was doing riot control work, it sounds believable that they might do something like that.
10.5mm

Ama

The hole is currently only about 6' deep.
No. I've stopped digging for now until I can find some something suitable as a brace.
Sorry dude. I've been having a really bad past few weeks and talking about some of this stuff can set me off me sometimes as you can see here. >However we also quickly figured out that you could the rubber out
I completely missed a word.

I'm back. Wanted to tell something that would liven the mood up a bit.

>be me
>have a daughter
>love her more than the world
>she's just had her 5th birthday party.
>It was My Little Pony themed.
>She loved it
>My son didn't seem to happy about the whole thing though
>Everything ends. It's time for me to do some bonding.
>How the fuck
>Because I'm dumb, I decided I'd teach her how to shoot a shotgun.
>I had a Remington 310 over under.
>beautiful gun that my wife at the time had engraved and everything
>On the veranda behind my house
>I've set up a few cans as my father did with me
>She seemed really nervous but it didn't really register
>I get down to her level and shoulder the gun, she's just in front of me between my arms
This memory is still clear as day. I'll never forget how immensely happy I was in this moment.
>my 5 year old daughter sights up a can and pulls the trigger
>She squealing and I thought she'd gotten a fright and started to cry
>Start trying to placate her
>She turns around with the biggest smile on her face "I hit three cans Dad!"
>took me a second to register what was actually going on
>in that time she'd hugged me and asked to do it some more
>spend half an hour with my daughter blasting cans
Probably one of the proudest moments of my life.