Does anyone know the standard (or minimum) number of rounds someone armed with a shotgun in WWI, WWII...

Does anyone know the standard (or minimum) number of rounds someone armed with a shotgun in WWI, WWII, or Vietnam would be carrying?

Attached: vietshot.jpg (745x420, 237K)

About 75.

Does anyone know how they carried the rounds?
I suspect ye olde canvas sack but I have no basis for that.

Attached: SG-BAG-1918-OMO_Web.jpg (650x650, 169K)

One

Veteran marines in the Pacific War would use the issued shotgun pouches and would acquire grenade pouches to stuff even more shells in them

Attached: DBADE05B-EAB8-4EE7-8EC1-266164137569.jpg (270x374, 25K)

Damn, that's badass

Attached: US Coast guard ww2.jpg (746x922, 59K)

Those pouches hold 32+ 6 im the gun is 38

Looks like all WWII to Vietnam based shotgun ammo pouches held 12 rounds and were designed to be attached to a belt. Which I guess most of the guys issued them would be guards and stuff unlike the guys in WWI who would be trench raiding

Attached: SGP-M1921USMC_Web.jpg (650x600, 140K)

I'd say two of those pouches and a 1911 with a few mags is a pretty decent loadout.

He's got a nice smile. ^_^

Attached: Ammo Bag Smile.jpg (323x241, 35K)

That's a lot of weight, granted if you are doing trench raiding I don't think you are carrying all your gear.

Did Rhodesia have special webgear for their auto 8s?

Attached: tumblr_m83z5hwLTB1r7zwbxo1_1280.jpg (1024x676, 287K)

It looks like they have specific vests with shotgun bandoleers for their auto 5s

I bet that dude with the auto 8 really hates blacks

who doesn't?

They gave out that many sidearms?

Not to the average infantry but the guys carrying shotguns often had them, along with other specialized stuff

sidearms back then were far more widely proliferated than they are now

It's probably the reverse actually, sidearms were considered a part of officer's dress, and were private purchase in many cases, the US was one of the relatively few places to have standard issue sidearms, but even then, they were either for officers or those who needed a weapon that could be used with one hand.

What other specialized stuff did they give shotgunners?

200 rounds

Shotgun shells

eh, I'd argue that all the support personnel who would have been given handguns back then would be given carbines or an MP5 now, people like truck drivers, etc. plus
>private purchase
is totally off the table now, so the only people who have handguns are issued them whereas back then it'd have been nothing for PVT Schmuckatellei to have a piece shipped to him from home.

how many?

Or captured guns. Chris Cocks talks about how he kept a PPK he pulled off a dead guy in case he ever needed to blow his own brains out