What's the best way to carry this thing?

What's the best way to carry this thing?
been a dismount since the start of the year before that I was a driver at my last duty station.
I've gotten used to the weight now and Im not quite as gassed anymore but it's still awkward to carry especially with a 100 round belt.

Attached: m240L2.jpg (500x270, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trngcmd.marines.mil/Units/South-Atlantic/SOI-E/Units/Advanced-Infantry-Training-Battalion/Advanced-Infantryman-Course/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is the nw sling I was given a few weeks ago it made it a little easier to carry.

Attached: p-250-m240B_2.jpg (540x691, 51K)

Across your shoulders behind your head. We carried two on every foot patrol

Also wrap the belt around the entire gun before you put it on your back. And only carry 50 on you first belt once you get set you can get more ammo from a gunner

Idk if the new ones are different, but there was never a problem carrying them by cupping the ejection port, so long as you move your hand before firing. Ours didn't have rails so the gas tube was never an option.

yeah I wrap it sometimes but it's a pain if we "take contact."

okay then just layer it on top the feed tray in a z pattern so it can fall free.

When I carried it I usually slung it horizontally across my chest and rested my arms on top of it or barring that put it on top of my shoulders. Watch out with the sling assembly though, if you don't get it tight enough the whole thing can fall apart on you. The first time I used it the sling ended up doing that and my gun went straight into a puddle in front of my psg.
Do you get anything like this?

Forgot pic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

>working for the prison military industrial complex
>creating terrorists so they have a fresh stream of souls

B L O W B A C K
L
O
W
B
A
C
K

911 was done by israel saudi and our government now you work for them.. kek

Attached: 1519381776894.png (1381x1080, 538K)

Weapons sqd fag here
Unless you have strong arms theres really no comfortable way to carry a 240L, best way is to use a sling and tuck it kinda under your arm like a purse. Its not quick if you take contact to un-sling but during livefires you should know when your about to establish SBF

Here OP edited a photo I took of one of our machine gunners and the way he usually totted it.

Attached: 240.jpg (3648x2736, 2.23M)

Also good luck if your wearing 20s....

Ask supply for a 240 nutsack
NSN 1005-01-529-8411
You can rip it open so the AG can still link rounds, He'll have to be fast though.

There is no good way to carry the 240, on deployment Is the best, but if you do that in garrison someone is going to lose their mind. Sometimes I got away with throwing the receiver up on my shoulder and holding the barrel with my hand as it is a authorized method of carry but, LTs with ranger tabs that only had to carry it for one patrol in ranger school think they know better.

The best way to do it without catching shit is to take the sling and put it over the top of the ruck frame. Just be glad it not a Bravo

>Marines
11B here They let you fucking carry it like that in the mareens? We would get blacked if we didn't carry it in some semblence to low port carry...

thats retarded. What are you going to do rambo a mother fucker? Although I saw that but know a guy from Charlie that did that.

This is back from 2010 in Helmand so most of the rules and regs went out the window lmao. The 240's were always somewhere in the middle of the patrol so they were not going to be taking any initial contact anyways.

Hook a carabiner to one of the molle loops and hang the carrying handle off of it. when i was a machine gunner i didnt even bother with a sling.

someone stole it and they won't give me another one....

They want us to carry it at the low port ready because they're afraid of getting flagged. I knew a gorilla Italian who could carry it and shoot it like it was an m4, never used a sling. Im not capable or willing to do that. Hip firing is however an authorized firing position in the army. I just try to carry it like a purse with a not retarded sling until its time for tripod.

did that once, had to do 300 over head presses as a reward....

Get with your supply guys and see if you can suck the right guy off.

lmao you have some boot ass NCO's or SNCO's worrying about flagging.

Once they actually go somewhere or do something they will realize flagging goes right out of the fucking window. I guess its good to try to put that idea in yalls head early but that shit doesn't matter on deployment.

Its literally the ranger cancer. And they don't give a shit, they don't have to Fucking carry it 2k

Cherry fucks

Anyone want some webms Ive making form my deployment? Frist time making them so idk what i'm doing

Attached: Penis bomb size1.webm (576x320, 2.91M)

Let us have em senpai

/gif/ would probably worship you if you posted that with sound in a war thread

sound

Sadly I mostly only have videos of bombs being dropped. We only had one guy that had a helmet cam late in deployment.

>ranger cancer

Can you explain that term to this crayon eating fuck?

With a pintle mount, attached to a Humvee as god intended. M240 has the balance and ergos of a cactus.

>t. POG

Been in weapons squad for 9 years now and let me tell you...there isnt . overtime you get use to it and then past it on to the next private that joins the squad. Then before you know it and get move to the line you realize how much you loved carrying it and how much you wish you were back in weapons squad because that's where all the smart infantry guys are. Also, this thread has turned now into a weapons squad appreciation thread. We are the quiet older brothers of the platoon.

Provisional machine gunner here, that’s how the 31s taught me how to carry it and how I carried it on patrols, the other way was with the sling and grabbing it by an attachable handle on the rails or by the bipod, I remember it getting heavier and heavier as the patrol went on too

The best way to carry it is with the sling on the backside of your neck and the 240 itself resting on pouches on your chest.

Lt's taking what they learned at ranger school as the holy gospel of infantry tactics.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Ranger school just a hazefest full of fuck-fuck games with some knowledge interspersed in between?

it's a leadership school, as in it teaches you to lead when you're stressed, tired, hungry, cold, and wet. all the 'knowledge' you learn there is taken literally out of the ranger handbook. people get really autistic about what they're taught there and think that because they did it this way in ranger school, it must be done that way everywhere. I'm not saying it's not useful stuff but sometimes people end up inflexible when it comes to applying what they've learned.

>sometimes people end up inflexible when it comes to applying what they've learned.

Like what? Marine AIT and the follow on courses do not produce those kinds of mindsets, if anything, they teach flexibility while enduring the suck.

there is no such thing as AIT in the Marine Corps. It is SOI-ITB. School of Infantry, Infantry Training Battalion.

trngcmd.marines.mil/Units/South-Atlantic/SOI-E/Units/Advanced-Infantry-Training-Battalion/Advanced-Infantryman-Course/

AIC a general course, AIT is the catch all name for the entirety of the schoolhouse's courses and the battalion itself.

I just had my 240 gunners carry on amber.

When Ranger School started, it was a way to teach cutting-edge jungle warfare tactics to combat leaders. Over the years, there have been some updates but for the most part yeah it's become more of a "leadership school" than a "tactics school".

As far as 2LTs being inflexible: what the fuck else do they have to go on? They don't have any experience, of course they're going to lean heavily on their training. Most of them get over it relatively quickly, if they don't it's usually the fault of the platoon sergeant + senior officers.

Well, how is it officially to be carried?

Basically at some thing like port arms/low ready.

You can put a sling around the back of your neck to help this, but the gun is heavy enough that it will make your neck hurt too.

>mfw you don't order literal chains for your 240 gunners to wear around their necks off duty for conditioning.

Attached: 5a9141081e000008087acb12[1].jpg (720x514, 73K)

That's how I been doing.
I rest it on my M4 mags.

Attached: yeep.jpg (1467x849, 130K)