How viable is this tactic?

How viable is this tactic?

Attached: Kyrgyz armed forces.jpg (640x436, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've read a lot of people from the cavalry era saying its very very hard to shoot a rifle accurately on horseback. Makes sense to be me but I can't say I've ever tried it

Guy on the left looks like he's ready to get the horde back together and fuck up the chinks.

>How viable is this tactic?
the only way to know is to agitate the hell out of Tajikistan to invade Kyrgyzstan and see what happens

It would be easier to arm them with motorcycles and handguns and be slightly more effective.

>not using a gimballed glock

Horseback missile weapon usage in history made sense when infantry had relatively few accurate missile weapons and stood in big easy to hit blocks. Now that infantry all have accurate semi-automatic rifles with large box magazines and fight dispersed, anyone using a weapon from horseback is at a major disadvantage against anyone who can fight back.

Maybe effective as a night/dusk/dawn raid on unsuspecting rear echelon units?

Peeps have trouble hitting a barn from the haystack, prone, rested, and calm.
What do you think accuracy is like? It's shit.
They're also huge targets.
Give it twenty years after the apocalypse and you might see dragoons come back in force, but before that it's just a waste of good glue.
Riding horses in low-light and at night is a fine way to snap one or two necks.

horses don't need gasoline though

True, but they need food, water, and love.

Now here's a good question: why replace a donkey with a robot? Moreover, why isn't anybody using donkets?

Attached: 1540175256942-bigdogdonkey.png (519x270, 328K)

Yes they just need food, water rest and a large amount of husbandry and care to look after them. They also have minds of their own and may not want to do what the rider wants.

mules>donkeys

Because when you get into a TIC and donkey runs off with all your ammo you are fucked.

SOF literally uses packmules all the fuckin time when other means aren't available dork.

I work for the Forest Service and our district packer has literally trained Delta and SEALs in how to run a pack string.

Horses are good dependable animals. If you could possibly get a few of them, you could probably run a decent guerilla war by yourself like in For Whom the Bell Tolls.

That is pretty dope honestly.

Firing while on horseback? Probably a crapshoot. But mounted infantry I think would be excellent, it would extend the range and speed of light infantry as well as reduce casualties in COIN.

It's not impossible but verry hard to learn.
One of many skills forgot with time.

Fun fact: word carbine comes from small wheel attached to short cavalry rifle.
In time, it became a synonym of a short rifle (most rifles ware very long, as we know). It later became a word for all military rifles.
Life is funny.
Learn history.

In Polish, pic related is still called karabinek (carbine)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbine

Attached: karabinek-black-diamond-magnetron-rocklock-black-blue.jpg (1995x2708, 873K)

I always wondered why they sounded similar

Convergent linguistics
Carabiner is from a german word for spring hook
Carbine is from the french word for light calvary armed with short rifles.

Don't talk shit about Cujo dude

Here's an example of a short rifle with carbine (the wheel used to attach the rifle to sling, belt or whever)

Attached: civilwarcavalryweapons.jpg (1024x768, 507K)

Horses and mules can be a fuckin pain in the ass but they'll work in situations where a lot of other equipment might not be feasible.
We primarily use them in Wilderness areas due to prohibitions on mechanized equipment. SOF uses them in AOs where mechanized equipment isn't feasible.

Pic related.

Attached: The_good_the_bad_and_the_taliban.jpg (1504x980, 154K)

That's a stock ring.
Looked into it more.
Carabiners got their name from the spring loaded hook used on a carbine, not the other way around.
Carbine got it's name from the french light cavalry units that used them and predates the german usage of karabiner by a few centuries.