Thinking about going full fudd and buying a Thompson Encore. What cartridge should I get a barrel in for maximum memes?

Thinking about going full fudd and buying a Thompson Encore. What cartridge should I get a barrel in for maximum memes?

Attached: Thompson-Center Encore.jpg (3264x2448, 849K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1o14ikCTeVo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Thompson-Center_Arms_Co.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

.950 JDJ

Tops out at .600 Nitro Express.
youtube.com/watch?v=1o14ikCTeVo

Thinking .300 win or weatherby.

.577 nitro

ok so I used a T/C encore conteder as a range rental gun for years so
>22mag or 22lr for basic bitch trigger time
>.44mag for general plowing
é
>30-30 for maximum flameball
I even developed a spitzer based 30-30 load for it a savage 340 & my buddaed jungle enfield 30-30 thingie
you take the powder load data for 170gr FPSP and put 168gr HPBT bullets in it
1,5moa at 100m
don't bother with .30ctm or 22 ctm those mes aren't even funny to load

>fudd
>memes
Go back to fortnite, kid.

Attached: bucket.jpg (400x318, 19K)

>30-30 for maximum flameball
Just what I'm after.

I'm curious, do magnum cartridges tend to wear the frames or are they "overbuilt" with them in mind?

Get a 300blk barrel threaded for a suppressor to tacticool the fudds.

I love mine, I have a 223 barrel, 357 maximum, 22lr and 22 mag. With many more ideas in the works.

Get the rifle stock

Attached: fPTNIyTo_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

I want a Contender in .50 bmg

holy shit in the slow mo you can see he caught the contender right in the face

It's technically illegal to interchange the two, and I'd rather use it as a practice/hunting pistol.

I expected to be able to find lots of videos of rednecks making 12 gauge pistols with these, and now I'm disappointed.

It is completely legal to own the stock. Use the stock

Attached: Trying-to-hold-a-fart-next-to-a-cute-girl-in-class-featured.jpg (1200x624, 251K)

Hi Kerry.

It's not. The gun has to be one or the other. In fact, according to the ATF themselves ownership of a rifle T/C or rifle parts and sub-16 inch barrel simultaneously could be construed to consistent intent to create an SBR.

They sell kits that include both.
Look at the mechtech glock uppers as another example.
So long as during the switch the gun is never in a configuration with a barrel under 16 inches and a stock, its completely legal.

Imagine boot licking to the point where you think like this

There was a long drawn out legal battle over this and they ruled that it doesnt matter for that particular gun AS LONG AS it is not in a configuration that is illegal. So having a stock on a barrel less than 16 inches is illegal but swapping between pistol and rifle is fine.

define "magnum" cartridges
44 mag is OK, a shitty taurus tracker won't framecut before 10k full power FMJ loads so a break action won't in say 50k....
30 30 is imho the biggest you can use wothout sacrificing power (a lot of powder burn outside of the barrel)
we had a 243 barrel also and it was not as accurate (and it's sign of unburnt powdr since .243 shits on 30 30 erryday)

so get a 30 30 barrel (or a 454 ) for the lulz
30 30 is widely available and cheap (PPU loads for .40€ in frogland)

honourable mention
.300 aac
.30m1 carbine
.44mag
.444 marlin *
.45-70 *

* IDk if it exists but why not

Things in the 4000 ft-lbs and above. Consider .300 win mag as a baseline. They make .416 rigby barrels for it after all.

Maybe I'm just getting fuddlore. Thanks.

lmao

.44 or .357 Magnum I'd say. My grandpa had one in .221 Remington and it was pretty fucking cool, even split a piece of string with it one time.

These were rad when the prices for the barrels were reasonable, now a days you may as well buy a complete new gun.

>wants MAXIMUM memes
>doesn't immediately thing of TREE FIDDY SEVEN...MAXIMUM
for extra MAXIMUM, get the MAXIMUM.

Frame stretching was an issue with the original Contender. The Encore doesn't really have that problem due to a much beefier receiver, at least with factory offered chamberings or slight modifications to such (such as .357 Max). Pretty much the only way the frame's gonna really get beat up is if you decide to buy an aftermarket barrel in some big fuck-you magnum RIFLE round (think .300RUM+), and don't put a brake on it. JDJ/SSK Industries have managed to chamber some stupidly powerful/high pressure/high recoil rounds (.950JDJ, .577 Tyrannosaur, .416 Barrett, etc) in Encores without issue by using a combination of stupidly heavy barrels and humongous brakes to tame the recoil.

>according to the ATF themselves
Doesn't matter what they say, seeing as how they got BTFO in court:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Thompson-Center_Arms_Co.

At this point, ATF has acknowledged that ruling applies to everything, but for a while after the court case, they pretended it only applies to T/C guns (but not to e.g. converting AR-15 pistols to rifles and back again). Even in that era, there was no doubt you were okay with a Contender or Encore.

A complete new gun doesn't double as a relatively inert and safe dildo.

7.62x39

.510 whisper, suppressor, and folding stock, like pic related's big brother.

Attached: contender_suppressed_357.jpg (600x241, 15K)

.300 win mag
.338 lapua if they have it

that one spike used

30-06

make bullets out of your ribs

Attached: fucking magicians.jpg (225x350, 18K)

Mah nigga