Most powerful moderncrossbows have around 200-300 pounds draw weight which is comparable to medieval ones

>Most powerful moderncrossbows have around 200-300 pounds draw weight which is comparable to medieval ones
Why hasnt we created stronger, mechanically sprung crossbows? Imagine hurling a block of steel without the noise of a gun

Attached: 54df02d17ec2487ffee0f82e3b234da4.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

airgundepot.com/airforce-texan-ss-air-rifle.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not necessary. The crossbows we have today are far more energy efficient than the old medieval crossbows, with lesser draw weights, lighter materials and less user strength needed. Also crossbows are still really fucking loud.

In most instances, the firearm is a superior weapon. The quiet noise of a crossbow isnt enough of a boon to sacrifice over the larger capacity and higher range of a firearm.

>hasn't we
kek
>Imagine hurling a block of steel without the noise of a gun
europoor nofunz detected.

On a serious note, just pay the cuck tax and get a fucking suppressor.

Attached: 1550434005740.png (800x581, 600K)

airgundepot.com/airforce-texan-ss-air-rifle.html
Better yet.
>Smaller, more portable projectiles
>Lighter
>Already fucking exists

Attached: 1550282177192.gif (250x250, 3.88M)

But they arent cool as crossbows

>arent cool as crossbows
Completely subjective. Personally, I think bows in general are big ghey.
The reason we don't have extremely powerful bows is because there is absolutely no need or demand for them.

>which is comparable to medieval ones

Medieval ones regularly went up to 1,200 lbs draw weight. 300lbs was a "light" hunting bow.

modern ones are far more efficient, and need less to deliver the same result.

mostly by using compound stringing and similar force multipliers.

This is true.

They needed ridiculously high draw weight because of the short stroke/action compared to a regular bow which has more time to accelerate the projectile. Can't remember the proper terms, it was explained in a Tod's Workshop vid some time ago.

The memebow is more like a giant fucking railgun than a crossbow.
Really helps out to have early game before you have anything that hits hard though.

Powerstroke or draw length. The 1200lb Crossbows only have 7 inch powerstroke. Longbows on another hand, starts on 80 but can reach up to 200lb on 30 inch powerstroke for 6ft tall bows. Heaviest Chinese handheld Crossbow for comparison, have 515lb drawweight for 19 inch powerstroke.
Heavy European Medieval Crossbows have very short but very stiff steel prods, which necessitates windlass to use. The Chinese Crossbows poundage were weaker, but the composite prod are much larger for the much longer powerstroke. Meaning larger weapon overall, but can be spanned with both hand and legs without additional spanning apparatus. Longbow of course can be drawn with hand.

Would learning to longbow make me Jow Forums? Provided I shoot on both sides?

Yes. But not traditionally fit. Even really strong people often struggle to draw 40lb bows for long because those muscles aren't exercised very often. It's very common for a full grown man to start at 30-35lb draw weight because they're unable to use anything more. A quick test many people do is to pull the bow back to full draw and hold it there. If you can hold it for 30 seconds, you're strong enough to use that bow. It sounds easy, but is far harder than non archers realize.

Why hasn’t someone created a hydronic cross bow? What I mean is, using a fires,r cartridge with a piston. Put the arrow bolt in, the cartridge too, when it fires the propellant pushes the piston which pusses the bolt but it’s self contained so noise comes from that.

learn to shoot arrows like a real archer and you'll be fit. stand in one place and shoot like a fag and you'll remain a fattie
youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Attached: gb2fat.jpg (599x399, 51K)

Oh god, this faggy trick shooter. This is b8.

Crossbows are not quiet. They are quite loud

t bowlet

Uh windlass crossbows had draw strengths of 3000-5000lbs based off of one's found in various armouries

The only thing I want is the half life 2 crossbow. I want to pin fuckers to the wall with red hot rebar.

Modern crossbows with vastly lower draw weights are already insanely powerful compared to medieval ones.

Try putting a medieval bolt in a modern compound crossbow. The shaft would literally explode into splinters.