Delayed by ncis

Went to purchase a Smith and Wesson ar15 sport 2, I am delayed pending approval. I have no felonies or domestic misdemors, what's the deal? Also what u all think of this entry level ar?

Attached: download (8).jpg (298x169, 5K)

its a good starting AR,
and if youre name is common it might get mixed up thats why you put your social in the form

People with common names get delayed just as a precaution. And I don't mean common names like "John Smith" I mean names commonly possessed by convicted felons. I sold guns to a guy named Duane Lee and he got delayed all the time even though he was squeaky clean. Turns out there's been plenty of bubbas named Duane Lee sent to Huntsville over the last fifty years.

Yepper, I used to do it until I realized I don't have a common name. Last three guns purchased without giving my social, never delayed. Juan Pedro Martinez, James Tran, Duane Lee, and DeAndre Washington are all going to need to give their social or get delayed.

It's God giving you one final chance to get a Ruger 556 MPR instead

> delayed by NCIS

Attached: gibbsgunz.jpg (502x789, 65K)

lol

Definitely not a bad gun, PSA also would have been a good choice.

My name is im pretty sure very uncommon

I et delayed everytime i buy. Although i jusy turned by ccdw paper work into the sherrifs office. In my state once you have a ccw you don't even have to background check

> I am delayed pending approval. I have no felonies or domestic misdemors, what's the deal?

What the fuck does NCIS have to do with this?

Willing to bet you were in the Navy or Marine Corps at one point, were under investigation, and it had a founded determination. Even if it's for something relatively miner that gets you an NJP or no punishment at all, if it was determined to be "founded" it means you "probably" did it and it's on your record for life. Congratulations.

I was never in the service, I have had a dui over a year ago, but again I don't think thats a disqualifier, i also had a possesion charge for pot over 5 years ago, but I have bought two fire arms since then so that's definitely not the issue

Mine is crazy uncommon but there is a guy one state over who killed someone and another guy in my state with like 20 DUI's. I also get delays.

Kek.

Yeah I just looked it up misdemonor dui is definitely not a disqualifier

Alternatively, the OP typo'd "NICS".

Serious or trolling? I looked at this gun but didn't like the grip and it didn't come with iron sights, although for the money the specs do look better it does have chrome barrel and chamber which I don't think the Smith Wesson sport has that

This actually looks better. Any main differences between the two?

Misdemeanor pot charges dont disqualify you from passing an NICS check? Big hmm

Attached: 1553243072298.jpg (442x480, 29K)

It takes longer to fill out the form than it does to get the approval. I think the Feds have me in their version of an express lane.

It doesn't I have bought two firearms with zero delay with a pot charge also had an underage drinking charge

I have to use my SSN because I have the same first and last name as two other people in the same city and they have both been in and out of the prison system. One reason I go by my middle name so people don't assume I am one of those two.

Was about to ask about this gun

I have a friend that got a POM (possession of marijuana) when he was 19 and for the first two or so years it would give a delay, then come back approved. Recently it wouldn't even give a delay. They ask if you are addicted to or abuse controlled substances, but controlled substance charges don't disqualify you unless they were felony level intent to distribute type stuff. If you have been holding off buying a gun because you got busted with a one hitter back in college, you are going to be fine to buy a gun. OF COURSE if you ever get arrested in possession of both a gun and some pot you are going to be absolutely fucked over for life, but that's why you don't date crazy women that call the cops on you for no reason and say things like "yes officer, come right in."

Yeah, that's what I meant by "common name." If your name is common among convicted felons of your race, you might get delayed without a SSN.

What loisense do I need to get a grenade launcher

>domestic misdemors
Is there more to this word choice?

Domestic violence type charges, if it involves spousal abuse/assult/battery type stuff, male, female whatever even if it's a misdemor can disqualify you from ownership

transfers on a form 4 so the usual NFA bullshit.

I've been delayed before because the shop I was at had a stupid "buy a glock get free night sights" day and after a certain number of nics checks everyone was getting holds

It also means if you get in a fist fight with your meth head brother you can look forward to never owning guns.

M79 and M203 repros are actually cheaper than you would think. There was a reproduction China Lake pump action 40mm grenade launcher on gunbroker for around $4k, it might still be there. The best DD's for my money are the older 82mm mortars. I'd love to have enough property to launch mortars.

In fairness, their ratings give them priority.
And Mark's dog will maul anyone who tries to bump them.

I have a hypothesis that more and more people will find they’re delayed or otherwise hassled when buying firearms from here on out.

Because of new zealand?

You'll get randomly delayed when buying. Some days I can walk in, buy a gun and others I gotta wait. Most recently I bought a pistol and was out the door in 10 minutes, then two weeks later tried to buy a pistol and had to wait like 4 days to get the thing. I have a suspicion that it happened to be a few days before there was a presidential rally about 10 miles away from the store but I don't have any proof of that.

Any proof that it was the cause of the delay, that is.

based. Watching it right now.

Well, it's been almost a month for me. At this point I think it's the FFL, and not so much the NICS check because they act kind of suspicious when I ask them to check on the status. Thinking of waiting until the 30th day and having them transfer it to a FFL that will release the firearm after 3 business days. It's a fucking mess..