Brownell's Retro ARs

I just ordered on of Brownell's xbrn16e1 today because they have them on sale for $500 less then normal. What is the word on them from Jow Forums? Everyone seems to like them from what I've seen so far and I like the idea of having a sexy looking plinker.

Attached: xl_078000401_5.2.jpg (1134x716, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/xbrn16e1-rifle-5-56mm-20in-prod113313.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/xbrn16e1-rifle-5-56mm-20in-prod113313.aspx

Here is the link in case anyone is interested.

I'll bump with some Nap pics

Attached: 1542862662026.jpg (1340x893, 546K)

Attached: 1525467270125.jpg (1280x1025, 201K)

Attached: 1493806036922.jpg (611x404, 73K)

these guys weren't carrying brownells brand copies of a colt m16a1.

Post your colt

Gun is fine, but the mags are apparently not great.

What's wrong with the mags?

Brownells steel mags have feeding issues. I bought a bunch when I built my A1 clone off their receivers. The gun is great (they're NDS made) but the steel mags don't feed reliably, especially when fully loaded

How long is the sale?

I heard Brownells said at SHOT show they were intentionally made like that to replicate the original mags, is that true?

Im not sure. I live in Washington State so I didn't feel like delaying.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

so did i. itll be here on tuesday ill report back

Shit if its going on for a week or two I might make room in my budget. Thanks fren also good luck in Washington.

Thankee, it always feels like the grim reaper is leaning over your shoulder here.

Hope you live in a county with a good sheriff.

Nope, King County. I lived in Spokane County for a couple of years but I'm back on the west side.

Yeah you’re right let’s buy Colt!!

What do you mean they’re overpriced, outsourced, shitty guns from a company barely managing to stay a float?

Oh wait, that’s the truth, I forgot.

Pretty much all USGI spec STANG mags made before 2010 have feeding issues. They finally fixed the problem, 50 years later.

Attached: 2334723437.png (400x256, 63K)

>cope

Attached: 1550629842522.png (888x894, 520K)

>buys a cheap non .mil spec copy made by a non G.I rifle contractor instead.

I..it's just as good

Attached: 1489910252257.png (665x465, 115K)

You mean F.N. is a non-milspec contractor? Better hurry up and call the Army and tell them to stop using them.

Sorry about hijacking, but does anyone know if the 601 uppers will fit on standard ar15 lowers? Or are they strictly for the 601 lowers? I know the 601 lowers have different takedown pin shapes.

No problem I got my questioned answered. Ill bump for you though.

Attached: 1542862742779.jpg (670x1000, 320K)

>just as good
Just as good as colt isn’t that hard to achieve nigger

I want at least one of them but they're not available in leafland yet

Attached: 1414028835743.gif (480x327, 1.76M)

:jams:

That sucks man, hopefully you can get them.

Better than the retro colts for 3x the price. Mag bodies are made by NDS as well with Brownells brand guts

I thought only SP1 had different take down pin sizes

Lol Colt lost the contract to FN

On brownells, the complete and lower of the 601 are labled as having a different type of pin. So, idk, thats why im asking here.

I bought the E1 upper and a 20 round magazine to go with it. And haven't shot it yet but it does use a black follower so there's no anti tilt to it. Seems pretty stiff too.

The uppers will match with any lower just fine. The 601 lowers have removable takedown pins - they lack the means for the detent and so have to have a spring loaded ball bearing in order to pop into and stay on the lower.

I highly recommend looking at pictures and not relying on this band of idiots and dullards for information.

Fucking kill yourself you stupid faggot, I am so sick of these daily threads of some fucking retard buying something THEN proceeding to ask if it's a deal of a massive piece a shit AFTER they already bought the fucking thing.

You're a bit late, you massive faggot

Colt is garbage now, it's like saying "Hurr I only buy 'merican made cars cuz that's what my gran' pappy used in dubya dubya 2!" So basically KEEP CRYING FOR ME you utter subhuman cretin

Attached: 7796611edb3a49e92c202f7f03769d2f.gif (499x528, 495K)

I have lots of colt USGI aluminum mags and they don't have the problem. So idk

>that boomer who still thinks Colt is good

Attached: QUALITY.png (1098x565, 885K)

whats wrong with that?
frontsight has to be attached some way

Fits perfect. The large pin uppers were an old ass thing colt did to make their guns "not readily convert" to take M16 parts. If you really want, they also make bushings to make large pin uppers fit standard lowers.

I just bought a shitty DPMS Oracle haven't shot it yet

should I take it to the pawn shop and get one of these

You can build one for about $500-- just as good if not better-- if you spend a bit of time picking out parts on the internet.

>I just bought a shitty DPMS Oracle haven't shot it yet
Why don't you just fucking shoot it a couple times first? Are you a noguns retard who is afraid to go shooting? The Oracle, when serviced and loaded properly, goes BANG every time you pull the trigger and sends a round down a predictable path. It's not the best option out there, but it fucking works. If you're afraid to go shooting, maybe you should take up knitting or dick sucking as a hobby.

I thought about getting one of these myself. It gets the Chris Bartocci seal of approval and that guy is autistic as hell about the early AR-15/M-16.

Excellent rifles, OP I bought that exact rifle somewheres around a month ago and I've put about 4k rounds through it. Everything's holding up nicely so far. Definitely recommend it. That's my E1 on the left and my buddy's SP1 on the right.

Attached: d814f3b9-81b7-4550-af9f-d478c8ede8b3.png (770x960, 1.19M)

>steel mags don't feed reliably, especially when fully loaded
so accurately retro? what's the problem, i thought you wanted authenticity

It's a great rifle. He's mine on its first range trip, had some feeding issues at the beginning but haven't had any since the first trip. And that's with loading the mags (brownells and usgi) to 20.
> is that true
That was the proto type 25 round mag

Attached: brn_E1.jpg (2448x3264, 621K)

No way you can make an A1 clone for less than $500