The oldest operational, active-duty warship in naval service is believed to be Paraguay's "Capitan Cabral" (P01)...

The oldest operational, active-duty warship in naval service is believed to be Paraguay's "Capitan Cabral" (P01), a "patrulla ribereña" (riverine patrol) boat built in Holland in 1903 as a tugboat, and later rebuilt as a warship in 1908 before being sold to Argentina. Since then, its original steam engines have been replaced with diesel, it was given a radar mast, its Vickers gun was replaced with a Bofors, and its machine gun emplacements were modernized with swivels. Otherwise, it is mostly the same.

Say something nice about it, Jow Forums.

Attached: 1893b7d2f44e6e3e875ba209c5620a37[1].jpg (3872x2592, 986K)

I mean, Paraguay also has Shermans and Stuarts in active service, so I'm not too surprised.

Attached: sherman and stuart.jpg (1692x982, 334K)

Holy shit

is the Paraguay govt selling any?

>implying they are operational
>implying they can afford ammunition for them
They only use it for military parades.

This is 1944 Filipino BRP Sierra Madre. Oldest Filipino navy combat ship. Intentionally grounded in middle of bumfuck Spratly to fuck Chinese invasion of Pacific.

Attached: intro.jpg (980x653, 237K)

Isnt the USS Constitution is still operationally active duty, despite the fact shes for ceremonial purpose only?

USS Constiution is the oldest active duty naval vessel, commissioned in 1798 as one of the United State's original six frigates.

Though to be fair, P01 is the oldest warship that is not also an active museum with a gift shop and replica guns.

Yep. Ironsides is manned by active duty personnel and remains on the navy list. In theory, she could have orders cut and be sent off to fuck with Algerians again, just like when she was new.

That's a symbolic museum ship. The Cabral still does actual river patrol/flood rescue/ant-trafficking/etc.

I lived in Paraguay, I really liked it. I rode on a Steam Train made in Britain in the 1800's. it was cool. Nice Ship. I think all they have is a River and a lake or 2.

That is a real cute boat.

Attached: 1482546009763.png (453x568, 408K)

>not iowa
Blow it out your ass

>Superior version.

Attached: 2v6ktcwnucs11.jpg (1920x1357, 518K)

I know its a meme but does the old addage of if it aint broke why fix it work? Would it be more cost efficient and effective for these nations to just save the capital needed for a semi modern armored vehicle with the same combat capacity of the 75mm and .30 cals on the shermans rather than sourcing old parts and ammo? Would be interesting to see how combat effective these old Shermans would in a south american conflict be it insurgency or conventional. I know the Israeli super shermans were semi effective in Sinai with their 90mm guns? The boat on the other hand i think will always be effective at policing and anti trafficking duties no matter the age as long as its kept up.

Attached: 1460762291794.png (611x485, 170K)

How are they gun laws?

Tbqh senpai i like the gameplay more for AL but man the CGs for some characters just dont give me the feeling like they are anthropomorphic shipgirls like KC does.

Attached: hews.jpg (8708x6157, 3.74M)

Low iq countries can't into basic levels of common sense. The only time they will worry about their military is when they need it.

something nice about it

Seriously: with all the stuff that's been replaced/upgraded/etc., what's still the same?

I believe it still has the original wooden doors.

Attached: OxXDq4u[1].jpg (3872x2592, 621K)

Absolute units

Under normal circumstances you get a slow cycle of military equipment because training and operations wear them out. When something wears the logical thing to do is to buy modern equipment that offers good performance.

Some places defy this logic. They either don't do very much training or have a large stock of new-old stock equipment that will last for a very long time. For these it can make sense to keep operating obsolete equipment for a long time. (Many nations ended up with an absurd number of surplus Sherman's).

Some things you can't just pack in grease, however. Explosive shells are not fine wine and given enough time just aren't safe to use anymore and need to be replaced.

>he doesn't have a pintle-mounted recoilless rifle on his Stuart
cringe and bluepilled my guy

Attached: CXqeuT2WMAEtzlT.jpg (979x734, 170K)

Iowa good

Attached: 1112s.jpg (2894x4093, 2.32M)

so is Flea the head mechanic or a pilot

Correction.
Iowa best.

Sorry my mistake

Attached: xyv0.png (900x1376, 980K)

Still active duty with real Navy personnel on board. Been told they even use it as a training vessel at times. Most likely better armed and in better condition than some of the N Korean or other poorer nations current navy.

Attached: USS_Constitution_Kicking_Ass.jpg (1276x780, 687K)

we should dust off those old OHPs or atleast sell them to Ukraine, Thailand or the Philippines. They are still good ships and those countries need some decent ships

We almost had them reactivated a year ago. I think they are still holding on to them in case of a full on pacific naval situation though. The remaining are still in pretty good condition.

Dominican Republic has Walker-Bulldogs

M24 Chaffee variants got rocked until the 90's in Norway and Chili.

For a lot of things the basic Chassis can remain the same with incremental upgrades to the electronics and armament. Things such as throwing on ERA, FCS, IR, etc, increase capability and usefullness. This was seen a lot with T-55 variants which are still in use today. This is also being seen with M60's.

The USS Constitution (1797) is the oldest actively commissioned warship AFLOAT in the world. The OLDEST actively commissioned warship in the world is the HMS Victory (1778).

If it can't float it ain't a boat

Eh, she's alright.

>active service
Kind of. As of 2017, Stuarts are used as training vehicles only. Shermans are presidential honor guard.

Memeing about the Paraguayan Shermans is OK, but using museum relics as presidential honor guard is actually mighty fine for me. The USS Constitution is even older, and I don't see anyone gving the US Navy crap for having her in nominal actice duty

Yes and yes. And yes. All tanks but for 4 of their 14 Stuarts are operational, they have relegated the Stuarts for training because they do not trust that ammo but their Shermans were retrofited for NATO-standard 105mm guns ages ago, and they have no need for armored vehicles, being a small country with no territorial conflicts, and having more modern EE-9 Cascavel armored cars with high-velocity 90mm guns as their main AFV.

>high-velocity 90mm
*medium-velocity
Gomen.

>“Doctor Pablo?”
>“We’re P-01.”

>don't see anyone gving the US Navy crap for having her in nominal actice duty
That's a ridiculous comparison, USA wouldn't take that museum peace to a war because they can afford a nice navy. Paraguay (a country bigger than UK) will most likely do, or use it in case of civil unrest (along with their cascabel) because they are poor and low IQ mestizos.
>Yes and yes. And yes
I have no idea how can you possibly know this but last time I checked (today) 80% of they armored vehicles were out of service...

Attached: _595_377_157463.jpg (595x377, 67K)

Hey There

Yes, although the Oldest ship currently in US service (that's not a museum vessel or stuck in North Korea) is the USS Blue Ridge LCC-19, commissioned in 1970

It CAN float, but like the civilian SS Nomadic, is kept in Drydock to preserve it.