What kind of handgun calibre would you need to drop one of these guys?

What kind of handgun calibre would you need to drop one of these guys?

Attached: 1527076693196.jpg (1240x637, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIPCn-aYMoM
youtube.com/watch?v=0yEYRxASpzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

should suffice.

Attached: noisy cricket.jpg (450x350, 27K)

Against the devices in your pic, the best option wouldn't be firearms at all, but rather a combination of jammers and net launchers.

youtube.com/watch?v=BIPCn-aYMoM

Today they are toys but in 20 years those things will be terrifying.

.50 Autobot Eliminator

.357 SIG is supposedly extremely good at penetrating car doors and such, so that

Gotta go full Deus Ex and go with 10mm

EMP

any high velocity round like 5.7 or 7.62x25 would probably be good; they would easily penetrate their cold metal shells.

Just about any calibre 9mm or above will do fine. None of them are made to withstand gunfire.

yet.....

A hockey stick.

Why would you want to drop one of them? Are you really afraid of robots? They are completely harmless, not to mention that they are the future. Not like your bullets can kill us anyways.

Not sure. Have spoken to others about it. It's a major issue and we need to figure it out fast. Every model has the nerve center/soft belly in a different place.
>Today they are toys but in 20 years those things will be terrifying.

t. robot

>us

Attached: not_good.jpg (679x657, 55K)

....what is Boston Dynamics business model since the USMC doesn't want any of their shit (seeing that they have things called dogs and occasionally mules)?

Attached: confused dog.gif (500x430, 1.51M)

A shotshell revolver would absolutely tear up their hydraulic lines and instantly immobilize them. It would probably fuck up their sensor packages too

10mm copper frangible

Yeah i know. But guns and bombs will continues to be the best weapon against robots. Maybe electricity if you have that handy in the right amounts.

Attached: IMG_0036.jpg (480x350, 15K)

Underrated

They're terrifying enough now, our government is already using armed drones against us as well as psyops and chemical warfare.

Robot cavalry mounts when?

I reckon you need a big iron for that, buddy

I want a 4 legged one with a flared chance bad dragon dildo

highly unlikely. hydraulic hoses are very tough, they have multiple layers of steel braid inside, which makes sense given that they need to withstand a few thousand psi.

You'd penetrate a hose with a bullet, but shot ain't doin shit to a hydraulic hose. You'd probably damage sensors though.

>Us

Attached: 1549836137404m.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

Hi, OP. Guns aren't very effective against robots. The surefire way of defeating robots is by providing them a constant Wi-Fi connection, recharging stations, and passwords to your banking/social-media accounts. It's also highly important to install self-learning algorithms regarding bio/chemical weapon production into them. Trust me, this is how you defeat the robots.

Someone post the future story of maravci music playing robots over running some third world shithole and traumatizing the enemy soldiers so hard that they panic every time they hear that music again.

Oh I didn't realize you were on Jow Forums, friend. I thought I was the only one assigned here so far?

30 AP would tear them a new one

Any handgun that can kill a car can kill a robot

Any 9mm could do enough damage to completely incapacitate a robot like those, but only if you hit it in exactly the right spots, something you're not going to be able to do reliably. You want either a fully automatic pistol or just the most energy per shot you can get out of a handgun, and aim for joints.

How much damage can those things even take? I can’t imagine these things taking just a few rounds to put down

Yep. We need to figure this out ASAP
Bullets aren't going to do shit to these things.

In 30 years hopefully we have pic related.

Attached: 2b Jazz.jpg (825x879, 75K)

Because they don't make a 46.

Fishing line and stairs.

>45.
>Because they don't make a 46.
Except they do.

It's not that hard to figure out, you just need a small missile launcher linked to some radar station(s). The hard part is actually obtaining that.

autism board never fails

Attached: 1549508651161.jpg (360x357, 17K)

in 10 years batteries will be better, and cheaper, and much lighter. Atlas can traverse terrain very well, near the human level of competence other than arms. The dog thing can run patrols, it's small, kind of quiet and it's arm is basicly a stabilized bipod, for cameras or whatever else you want.

The larger mule can also run fairly quick. And the thing with the wheels can jump fairly high. That's right now.

Computing power increases, the amount of raw data increases, the amount of demand for these increases, as better tech gets better and better we'll see more of them. Here is the kicker boston dynamics if I remember correctly will be releasing the small dog creature thing this year for private purchase.

By extension, within 10 years these will be scary, armoured, and much faster. Their reactions will also be faster, and they'll each have a 3d gps, of a certain area mapped into their heads if they use some sort of smaller bot to scan an area ahead of time for route processing.

These don't get hungry, these don't stop and they can likely recharge at plenty of electrical outlets in the future. These can also be integrated with facial recogniton technology, and advanced scoping system allowing target acquisition and approach at range. If they aquite targets by facial recognition you could theoretically send these into a crowd of people and let them hunt.

This isn't even talking about drone swarms.

>even considering to fight a half ton machine capable of running 50+km/h that operates with a hivemind presence
>not joining the winning side instead
it's like you want to die

Are the EMP-hardened? If not, pulse is the way to go.

Plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range.

Bolas launcher.
youtube.com/watch?v=0yEYRxASpzw

Deus Ex hell gang, we out here

they just built a new pair of legs. it has NO outward sensors. Everything is internal. It took too much to process the data on board. I think they said it just reacts to the terrain instantly now. so no more spoofing it's mobility.

this. we are absolutely fucked unless we come up with some sort of fucking parabolic microwave ray that still gives the operator tumors

>2b
I didn't hate the game, but I learn to dislike the character designs more every day. Maybe, if it wasn't for them, we could get back to having good taste in terms of robots.

Attached: f71.jpg (1184x1920, 345K)

H-HOW DID YOU GET PAST CAPTCHA?

Attached: 1553359817432.png (566x652, 101K)

Tfw Jow Forumsanons feverishly work together thru encrypted backchannels and secret meets to create phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range that end up saving western civilization in its darkest hour and ash somehow already has mold on his

Attached: tenor.gif (220x392, 2.38M)

>In 10 years batteries will be better, and cheaper, and much lighter.
They've been saying that for over a century, and it hasn't happened. Everything around the batteries has gotten better, but storage density has changed only marginally since 1900. Advanced battery life comes from more efficient computers and engines, better design, lighter materials, but not more powerful batteries.
And believe me, every government, ours especially, wants advanced batteries.

Attached: 1538930655502.jpg (988x1024, 68K)

Attached: you.jpg (630x630, 88K)

Underrated

kek

The Detroit Electic car, which entered production in 1907, before WW1, had a range of about 80 miles. In the 110 years since then, under the Tesla Model S, range has tripled to 250 miles.
I think we'll be fine.

>TFW YWN having sex with Big Dog in your life.

Attached: __bigdog_real_life_and_etc_drawn_by_sigama__5c626245d88d2687ec7bc7d6fa82f272.jpg (520x513, 46K)

.50 Beowulf has a handgun parent case and would be my choice.

Not with that attitude.

Attached: 4fd.gif (380x402, 1.13M)

i-is this jeff bezos?

These things are not bulletproof (yet), so it's likely that any average gun will fuck something as long as it doesn't get stopped by one of the structural beams.

Attached: file.png (533x547, 443K)

They have guns too. And we go down on first shot. Who are you fooling? Is this Cope?

Excuse me but posting best robowaifu

Attached: AD314DFC-D3D1-4533-B8AF-58A1453B2D55.jpg (210x335, 14K)

I can't believe what I am seeing

Attached: 962.jpg (1200x1200, 627K)

>us

Attached: Oh fuck.jpg (301x436, 17K)

Tack-weld AR500 over 80% of the body. Use UHMWPE if that's too heavy. Then add IIIA gussets around the joints if you really want to gold-plate it. That's probably enough.

Pic related uses armox for the body, which is at least stanag I / NIJ III and probably more.

Attached: ironclad.jpg (1268x872, 365K)

>us

Attached: 1jhaf39pw4m21.jpg (299x284, 13K)

water bottle and a fire cracker

Good taste.

That is one weird looking FN Scar.

I'm not afraid, I've been preparing for this day for a long time.

Attached: cybertok.jpg (2560x1440, 691K)

and most of the tech was developed in the last few decades, rather than continually over 110 years

i think the main hurdle is funding and inertia, like with all new tech, as electric cars in their infancy are competing with decades old technology tweaked by the market to be as effective as possible

i dont think batteries will hit their physical limit for a very long time

10mm purchased with a $1000 FREEDOM DIVIDEND of course.

She’s Japanese don’t be a dick

Batteries became big-fucking-deal technology decades ago, and only got more important as the years went on, and we only thought to invest in them now? Sure.

Attached: 1544214915082.jpg (400x400, 31K)

The chemical and physical difficulties are high, and the incremental improvements are low. Battery research has been flooded with funding since the 1990s and the best mass-producible and rechargeable stuff we've got is lithium ion.

It's conceiveably possible to roughly double LI-ion outputs, but that's probably the best case scenario in the next 15 years.

We could use radioisotope thermal generators with a very small mass of plutonium in a thin foil, with some sort of failsafe that mixes the plutonium with a chemically similar element like samarium when opened improperly to prevent amassing plutonium

DA OOOZI NINE MILIMETER

airsoft probably because japs can't have guns

havent they already dropped battery cost for cars a lot since they started while also increasing range?

because if they already hit the limit and cant go further, then why even bother funding electric batteries at all and just go back to using gas forever?

that's for me to know and you not to.

Cost is not energy density

Look at Mr. Selfish here.

>only pistol bigger than 9mm I have is a SAA clone in .357 Magnum
Shit. What do

Shit robro, don’t tell them. It’s suppose to be a suprise.

Attached: 8B24AB0B-F5FA-404F-BB68-A03FFD80FE9A.png (747x876, 33K)

Wrong one sorry

Attached: 9846A85C-AD2D-45C9-A9F7-E2B43EC72B28.png (610x613, 107K)

THEY'VE LEARNED

Attached: Checkmate humans.png (421x256, 10K)

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords, and would like them to know that humans respond very well to headpats.

Attached: __m4a1_and_st_ar_15_girls_frontline_drawn_by_maiqtells__b08b42a6a09623cb4a46456fb3fd818b.png (826x900, 614K)

I don't think so.

Nice try fellow ai

What kind of fucking monster would shoot a baby terminator?

Attached: 673DD348-3C58-4F9E-A98D-FC05A5F32EFB.jpg (400x637, 55K)

All kidding aside my Tok with steel core surplus is my go to apocalyptic problem solver
It goes through TWO SETS OF CAR DOORS!!!!

death machine movie

10mm.

Phased plasma cartridge in the 40 watt range.

SHIT, THEIR INFILTRATION UNITS ARE THROUGH THE PERIMETER