Hey Jow Forums let me see your plate carrier setups!

Hey Jow Forums let me see your plate carrier setups!

im looking for inspiration on how to build my own apart from magazine pouch placement. Pic is kinda related i guess

Attached: Warrior-Recon-Plate-Carrier-Olive-Drab-5.jpg (800x600, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spartanarmorsystems.com/ar650-armaply-body-armor-and-shooters-cut-spartan-plate-carrier-package-special/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A.L.I.C.E. autist myself, works for a fag like me.

My half gucci/half poorfag setup
Plate Carrier
>SKD BRIG PC with slick front, and MOLLE back
>BRIG hydration pouch
>MOLLE sleeves for cummberbund to attach IFAK pouch (multicam one, already had it)
>three American flags for maximum freedom
Chest Rig
>Chicom Type 63 rig from Amazon, with Esstac inserts
>5 mags, outside two pouches have TQs and a pair of trauma shears
>IFAK has all the other medical shit

Pistol mags and knife are on my belt. I thought hard about dropping the $$$ on a Velocity Systems Scarab LT, or a PIG Plate Carrier, but i'm just a normal dude, and don't need a professional grade plate carrier (cuz I'm not wearing it all day), plus I saved like $500 by going with the BRIG (or a slick carrier in general). I've heard mixed reviews on running a slick carrier with a chest rig over that. But again, for a regular guy, I think it works. YMMV. Hope this helps, but also fuck off.

Attached: Ellis_Grin.gif (400x200, 3.04M)

My nigga. ALICE is perfect for my poorfag ways.

Attached: IMG_6800.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

very interesting to look at

2nd pic

Attached: IMG_6798.jpg (4032x3024, 1.79M)

I’m a humble poorfag. No bully. It’s what I could afford.

Attached: DEA13995-2EC5-42B3-8BD6-5728CD014BF7.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

amzon grade, Chinkshit retrofit I approve

I never see any mention of LBT's equipment in these threads. Is there a reason for this? Is it simply overpriced ? Not very good in general?

I have 3 rig ideas currently.
>Slav D3 rig for a STALKER rig (will switch to SMERSH eventually) for LARPing innawoods
>Also functions as my interim “Fighting rig” until I get a C8 clone
>’56 Pattern webbing for use with my Battle Rifles
>Currently an old soft Canadian “Bosnia vest” and backpack for a comfy “Fighting” setup, on hold atm
Pic related is the kind of vest my Bosnia Vest is. I’d love to get ahold of the smoke grenades (?) the guy has on the right. But regardless, it’s a very comfy vest if you rock it solo.

Forgot image like a retard

Attached: 87F546AE-5EF0-4E7F-B97A-0E75C7217389.jpg (604x453, 81K)

What is a good source for pouches that work with the ALICE rig?

price is one of the reasons, i do have one with HSG pouches.

from what ive heard quality has gone down but i dont have proof of that

magazines low in front, IFAK next to magazines on offhand side but still accessible to both hands, utility pouch on chest for ease of access. done. but wait, don't forget you tactical cliche US flag patch, because you totally need to be identified as american by all the other american's at the range you're shooting at in the US.

Issued ‘93 RBA and Rack. The shoulder clips are for a molle 2 assault panel if I choose.

Attached: B6BAAA82-4470-4C00-A81C-772149FC29C8.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

Not even a poorfag thing, I unironically think that for most people it's better. Even if you're wearing plates, people got this idea that you wanted to have a bunch of shit out front, because of the dude's in Iraq/Afghanistan. Which is fine, if you're mechanized infantry and have little reasonable expectation of going prone. Most stuff you or I would want it for would need to be more in line with a set up for LRRP. You'll want to be able to go prone, and you'll likely want a backpack. A solid belt set up, or ALICE, is likely to be of better service than a full plate carrier with double mag pouches stacked out front.

Primary is my Crye JPC 1.0 with the 3 mags up front and a blue force helium 2 mag pouch for charges, smoke, etc. Belt line holds a majority of my stuff or the mini map pack i use molle'd on the back for a patrol loadout.
Chest rig for recce etc
swap between a spiritus or a mayflower pusger gen 4

I have that same vest. Lol.

Get a MOLLE RBA fagolini

Attached: 95569A25-6001-44B9-8080-D31A7BBA95B3.jpg (2048x1535, 974K)

>tips OpsCore
Muh Rangers

Attached: 57B733F8-F603-4C09-AD86-4E295043458E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

What's the cheapest /GQ/ approved plate carrier? Really want to replace my shitty condor PC I bought when I was 15.

Beez Combat Systems
AWS
Ferro Slickster

gq Has a pastebin

I only have a cheap wish.com plate carrier in an autistic color. Iooks exactly like pic related down to the autistic coloring (wife picked it out as a gift and she thought it looked cool).
Anyway the damned thing is small and can barely fit me (might be cuz I need to drop about 20 lbs though) and the part where the plate goes is very small centered on the chest and ending slightly above the naval. Anyone familiar with this cheap piece of shit and what plate might fit in it?

Attached: HTB1rS6DKpXXXXbBXFXXq6xXFXXXm.jpg (600x600, 54K)

Never cheap out on protective equipment. HighCom or Hesco. Level 4 or bust. Get plates sized for you, not your worthless nylon.

Yeah that's cute...'don't use this free shit you already have, go buy some more shit goyi...erm buddy! Hey I just so happen to have a couple of brands for you to check out! Thank me later and happy shopping!'
Look man you may in fact not be the gigantic shill/salesman you sound like, and I get your point I really do, but I already have some shit on me...yeah it's cheap nearly worthless shit but I already have it in my possession.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And a shit carrier I possess is worth a hell of a lot more than one I don't.

I’m not saying you have to ditch what you’ve got but think of it like this:
If you’re a big guy who needs a big plate to be properly protected, that’s what you should set sights on.
It’d be like buying new pants for the belt that doesn’t fit you.

>poorfag with ballistic mask

So is it fake or something I thought those were expensive

i run my carrier is slick, but i can stick stuff in the cummerbund if i have to

>ask for recommendations for plates and then accuse someone of being a jewish armor salesman paid off by hesco or something when they recommend plates

How do you live honestly.

I see you are a man of taste

Attached: paraclete.jpg (2905x2975, 1.14M)

>the part where the plate goes is very small centered on the chest and ending slightly above the naval.
that's how a plate carrier is supposed to sit. most armor systems are designed to protect only your vital organs

TT PC and Haley CR

Attached: 20160910_181512.jpg (1512x1134, 973K)

changed out the Battlebelt with this:

Attached: Primsec1.jpg (3024x1701, 2.33M)

Think about it as a second ribcage. Your ribs were designed from the ground up to protect your most important organs from blunt force without limiting mobility.

However, they can't do shit against bullets. So a plate carrier should fit the same area for the same reasons. No more no less.

Good ole Ronnie Johns. Too bad Bevin (or however you spell his name) turned tranny.

you actually have those cringey patches on?

Was just a placeholder..already replaced with bloodgroub etc.

Attached: DSC_0959.jpg (1632x1224, 1.51M)

>5 (five[2+3*1]) pistol mags

Attached: 1529348396044.jpg (303x317, 23K)

Attached: armor.jpg (1087x1220, 193K)

A mistake many people do, is that they have no clue what they'll need their plate carrier for. They just purchase a plate carrier and add a ton of stuff on it, stuff they'll have to discard later, because it turned out to be useless for them. Define first what you need your carrier for. Based upon that, you can start building your setup.

i love me some ammo

Attached: 1329068399414.jpg (641x534, 80K)

It’s real. Dude bought it and his wife made him sell it. I got it for $130. At that price why not. I heard she spent the money getting her nails and hair done.

I got my plate carrier to carry plates. I'm still suprised at how heavy it is, but I've gotten used to it. Still havent worn it while shooting though.

Attached: 20190323_173825.jpg (401x451, 86K)

What plates? Why condor?

>ballistic mask
what an idiot

That's a really good and useful answer you gave, user.
Now, slap 4 double rifle mag pouches, 2 IFAKs, 2 tourniquet pouches, 4 pistol mag pouches, 2 grenade pouches, a pistol holster, a hydration carrier, an utility pouch, a radio pouch, and as many chemlights as you can fit on it. Stick some trauma shears somewhere and don't forget to have a roll of black tape dangling somewhere. If you have some room left, stick a couple patches (morale, blood type...). Did I mention the machete? No? Then, also add a machete to look really cool.

Dang! I knew I'd forget something: a shotgun shell holder. You need a shotgun shell holder, and a punisher skull patch.

I have a lbt 6094a with two multicurve 4s17m plates, and a single layer kangaroo triple mag pouch. I was patient and got it all for under $400. It's not top tier equipment, but i'm not planning on going to war. I just wanted something to wear while i larp with my buddies in the hills.

Off topic, but dude... what a beard!

>ballistic masks

Attached: 192.png (512x512, 167K)

>fall or go horizontal in any way
>spill magpul spaghetti

> and a punisher skull patch.
Like this?

Attached: SHTF 1st.jpg (4128x2322, 3.73M)

reminder that if you have novelty patches on your gear you are no better than that ugly gamer girl with hot topic buttons all over her messenger bag (tastefully strung between her boobs to make them stick out)

>tastefully strung between her boobs to make them stick out
Don't know if you ever had a chick with big boobs but they have to carry their bag like that

LBT quality is generally quite good, but don't buy anything at retail prices. Buy on eBay or when they have sales (basically at least once a month)

should just check out /gq/ for PC setups

Attached: 20181230_023135.jpg (2896x2896, 805K)

I fucked that girl by having more buttons. Don’t underestimate the flair.

Attached: 651073F6-6FA9-4F41-8C4E-87B44D7D52CC.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

>fall or go horizontal in any way
>spill magpul spaghetti

Chest Rig
>Chicom Type 63 rig from Amazon, with Esstac inserts
That's why I put the Esstac KYWI inserts into the mag pouches. Mags fit tight, like slipping your ping-pang into a prom date

Attached: The More You Know.gif (480x337, 1.04M)

But what if he wants to protect his face when he trips over the spaghetti coming out of his pants

>stop liking things I don’t like

Left
>shell back Banshee
>esstac triple kywi 5.56 pouch
>blue force tourniquet now
>blue force 10 speed triple 5.56 pouch
>some random admin pouch
>haley strategic flat pack
>a usmc double ar mag pouch on both sides(one holds radio and ptt other has mags)
>home-made IFAK dangler tube on the front
>hsgi shoulder pads
>strike industries sling catch (broken)

right
>PC (Marine Corps Plate Carrier)
>arborarms flex release cummerbund
>HSGI shoulder pads
>HSGI bleeder IFAK pouch
>emdon admin pouch
>blue force gear 10 speed triple 5.56 pouch
>eagle industries map bag

whatever plate carrier you decide to get, I highly recommend you get the HSGI shoulder pads for it

Attached: freeze frame 003.png (1917x1079, 2.24M)

You figure out which guts you like better in the medical sausage?

what ruck is that on the alice frame?

Like my WAS PC, comfy, skookum, holds the plates tight, comes in BasedTACS

Astral Green Jacket is for marine ops

Attached: 20190325_135926.jpg (2664x1960, 2.9M)

you are fucking retarded

Attached: 6a0133ec985af6970b01bb078f01f1970d-600wi.jpg (534x495, 61K)

You're planning a mass shooting aren't you

Just look for old 1980's and 90's mil surp alice gear online and at any local surplus stores. My setup so far is a cheap ALICE load-bearing vest I got for $5 at a closing sale.

Attached: 15535404202157194963289882978848.jpg (4032x3024, 3.81M)

I would usually have some canteens, a compass pouch, and a medkit but I don't remember where I put them

I've just got this for now. Working on getting the belt, pouches, medkit, etc. to fill it out. It's pretty comfortable.
>not a pc

Attached: 299524.jpg (880x660, 69K)

Be sure to get butt pack to go along with the vest, it clips on to the back section of the vest. It functions as a small day pack and sits low enough that you can wear a larger backpack over top of it. It also has two extra slots on each side to clip extra junk like canteens to.

Attached: Alice-Butt-Pack-Green-060514-2.jpg (591x591, 82K)

I was thinking two canteens, two mag pouches, butt pack, a medkit pouch, and a dump pouch.

Not a lot of good surplus stores near me. Anything online you'd recommend? Aside from eBay, of course.

Just google "surplus alice web gear" and the first few sites that pop up all have the same stuff. I'm not positive if anyone aftermarket makes alice dump pouches, and if you want to use any sidearm besides a stock m1911a1 you are out of luck for holsters and mag pouches.

Cheap carrier with three mags in the front. Used to do 6 mags but it was just too bulky.

Battle belt has 2 more primaries, 2 pistol mags, dump pouch and first aid kit.

Attached: IMG_20180723_132858421~2.jpg (1997x1040, 367K)

Just put extra mag pouches on the belt.

What is Jow Forums opinion on the Lindnerhof 1H Evo?
They look and feel great but are sadly expensive as fuck

Attached: xHL_044-Plattentr-ger-H1-Evo-1_600x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.b3qESnbDi5.jpg (600x600, 34K)

Next time you see that setup, the mask and gun will be scribbled in white text

i need to put together a new rig, what do you guys recommend?

>serpa
Kek
Lidnerhof is world class stuff, sadly unavailable in the US, but the Germanons I have talked with all regarded it very highly.
What do you plan to use it for?
What gun do you have?
What type of environment are we talking about?
What budget do you have?

Max id spend at the moment is about 500 at most, the one i have currently is still alright but its been thrown together from all sorts of cheap things over many years since i haven't had much money until recently, environment can be from urban to woodland, so id choose the multimeme since it blends in the best here, and i wont lie i play airsoft with my stuff so id use it for that until a day comes were i may actually need it, other than that I have a pretty standard AR

Where does a Canadian buy armor plates ? I'm asking for a friend.

Attached: sandy_mctire.jpg (400x400, 53K)

It ain't much, but she gets the job done.

Attached: 20190308_201335-1.jpg (2289x2080, 1009K)

Off-topic but why can't anyone make a hanging plate to cover the intestines?

>inb4 muh not that lethal
>inb4 don't get shot

I mean yeah but getting sepsis from ruptured bowels or having to live your whole life with a colostomy bag ain't a walk in the park mind you, not to mention if its SHTF and medfags can't come to you fast enough you are completely fucked.

Overpriced. I have one only because I got it off eBay for $185

If you're really worried about being shot in the gut then get a carrier that covers your whole torso and get the plate for it, you can get the, i dunno where though.

But having such a bulky carrier is hardly worth it if you're going to need to run and gun, plus anyone with any training knows to air for centre mass which is your chest, to be specific you want to aim for their trachea

You are probably not going to be able to afford decent plates and a carrier for that much, let alone the pouches and other stuff you need for it. Plates that wont kill you with spalling or weigh too much will be around $250 a piece on the lower end and the carrier will be about the same.
Because of that, you are kind of limited to chest rigs and belts. Do not see this as inherently inferior to plates, as PCs come with their own drawbacks. In SHTF, they are harder to wear with backpacks, keep you from getting down as low prone, and are more weight to carry. A ~10"x12" relatively bullet resistant plate probably wont be the difference between life and death, proper tactics will be.
>t. owns plates but basically never wears them
As for any gear, think of what you want to carry before you buy something. Don't get something with a bunch of pouches and then jam them full of random stuff. Also, while molle can be great if properly laid out, I would recommend going with something premade from a major company like my two favorites Haley Strategic and Spiritus Systems unless you have really specialty needs. Modern gear is well thought out enough to be almost certainly better than whatever you string together, while being simpler, lighter, and lower profile. For this, I really recommend the Haley rigs for general use or the Spiritus if you want something more minimalist.

>Alice
I see you’re a man of taste

Looks basically like a first spear pc. Get first spear if you like the look

just get a Large PC or even bigger

Stuff like that has been done for specialized SWAT team type guys who face immediate threats at very close range for short periods of time, along with rifle rated helmets/masks and throat protection. The Russians come to mind here. It would be too heavy for too little benefit for average soldiers or anyone expected to run 50 yards.
Cont.
Belts are a different matter. For starters, make sure your body is suitable for a belt kit. I am personally shaped in a way which makes wearing any level of kit any lower than my waist really uncomfortable, which almost entirely prevents me from having a really cool belt setup.

Now that that is out of the way, there are two major types of belts- ones that replace or anchor to a belt which is in your belt loops, and ones that you wear over everything. When setting up either, make sure to take into consideration transport. Wearing an ALICE belt fully kitted out prevents you from sitting in any sort of car seat. Unless you are certain you will be entirely dismounted all the time while wearing your belt, keep the back as clear as you can. If you go with a pants belt, make sure to limit your gear to what is practical- it is easy to get carried away and wind up with something that doesn't work like it should.

You arent as inherently limited with an exterior style belt like an ALICE or what the Brits have recently fielded; matter of fact, you can pretty easily carry a full combat loadout and a decent sustainment kit on one. The major drawback here is that when worn below the waist (thinnest portion of your torso), they tend to ride up and towards your waist. The problem with wearing a belt at your waist nowadays is that there is other stuff there, normally a plate carrier or chest rig. However, waist belts can still be incredibly ergonomic in use by themselves in a dismounted role.

Oh, and one more thing about chest rigs. Don't strap a Flatpack to them. You gain nothing over a normal pack/hydration carrier and loose the best part about a chest rig- your back being slick for use with packs of any size or just sitting down.

>Having anything on your plates ever
>using your PC to carry anything more than your plates....ever
Put your mags, canteens and buttpack on a fucking battle belt and strap that shit up to an H-harness underneath the PC and your good to go. Anyone who has worn armor for longer than their typical LARPing session will know very quickly how shit it is to wear. Best thing you can do is to take all that extra shit off and put it on a belt. Unless you are planning to drive to the battle every fucking time, take your shit off your PC.

Attached: battle belt with suspenders.jpg (340x512, 70K)

6 if he loads the gun

What's with the rolled up flag?

>No fun, only seriousness.

Old picture, ifak has since been updated to match

Attached: IMG_20180504_204957_229.jpg (2160x2160, 1.79M)

What's up gear queers. I'm looking at this. Any reason not to get it?
>Inb4 just buy used shit and cobble a set together from ancient used plates!
I have money. That's not an issue.

spartanarmorsystems.com/ar650-armaply-body-armor-and-shooters-cut-spartan-plate-carrier-package-special/

Operators do it in iraq/afganistan to cover up a casualty, or in case they retake mount surabachi