Tips for knife fighting

Hello. I don't know everything about knife fighting and I want to learn it for self defense because I frequent isolated and delicate places. Please give me some cool tips my fellows.

Attached: nifitin'.jpg (183x275, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2xpcrDzy344
youtu.be/E1Q1_vbApog
youtube.com/watch?v=WWl8EbNN8NM
youtu.be/bAU33jYa-yE
youtube.com/watch?v=kLWvu51Vk4E
nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifelies.html#RemyPresas
youtu.be/QHSXZnxLZ0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You didn't type that like a white person, so I'm not going to help you
>Based and redpilled
>/thread

Accept that you’re gonna get cut. Hopefully your opponent freaks out if you draw blood.

Bring a gun

I am actually white but I wrote the PDF name in a swag way like Knifightin' and I just the word "Cool' to express myself better.

Attached: burns.jpg (200x251, 13K)

The winner of a knife fight often bleeds out shortly after the loser dies.

When it comes to knife fights, the loser dies in the street and the winner dies in the hospital.

JPG I mean not PDF.

Attached: jam.jpg (238x211, 7K)

Why sir? What If I be a Pro in Knife Fighting?

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 12K)

It really is a competition of who can take a better stabbing.

Voted #1 tip by master knife combat experts, stuntmen, 1st responders & trauma surgeons:
Run away, immediately

I mean when I have a knife and the enemy doesn't necessarily have. Do you think everyone who can potentially harass me have a knife? NO!

Attached: donald.jpg (718x718, 66K)

Learn wing chun and train with a knife you'll never use in real life

Spend money and time on classes.

You can't learn to fight from the internet.

>lemme just use this knife on an unarmed person for ""harassing" me
Lmao, have fun going to jail for murder, europoor.

Prison yard rush

youtube.com/watch?v=2xpcrDzy344

Knife fight is all about the ambush.
That's really it.

well tyrone
firssss
you stick it
in yo eye

Yeah. Use a gun.

Hope you wrote up a Will already

1. Don't
2. Gun

no one wins in a knife fight

Bring a gun. You'll win a knife fight everytime.

that's true
youtu.be/E1Q1_vbApog

>kali is your best friend, go to an instructor and spar
>boxing will teach you good foot work, angles and head movement. these carry over directly
>you need a knife that isn't too small and not so big you have a difficult time concealing
>you are going to get cut regardless
>you may have to give up a limb in order to hit a vital on the bad goy
>a lack of aggression will get you killed
>learn basic anatomy so you know where vitals are
>run away after you hit a vital and don't continue fighting

It all pretty much boils down to these desu.

depends on the clothing

Attached: 20170620_192656.jpg (1074x594, 129K)

Literally anything is better in a self defense situation than a knife. Except maybe your fists.
When somebody is coming at me with a knife, I'd get a hold of something big: Chairs, Sticks, etc. Range always wins.
Also bring a gun if you can.

This guy won and lived.

Attached: SlashPRO knife resistant clothing 222.jpg (480x360, 43K)

What the fuck are you talking about? His grammar is cleaner than yours, unless you weren’t aware “frequent” is also a verb you fucking neanderthal. Also, you can’t /thread your own post, lurk moar newfag.
Learn to disarm someone with a knife; there are all kinds of martial arts that have a technique for this. Also, if you look like you know what you’re doing most people will leave you alone and pick easier prey. If you pull a knife on a punk you may scare him away, but you also would scare him away if you look like you know how to kick his ass. If you pull a knife on an actual tough guy all you’re doing is raising the stakes. There was a court case a couple decades ago where a salesman for a large gun manufacturer (I think it was HK) accidentally pissed off the wrong guy while driving. The guy chased him to his place of work and charged him aggressively with a revolver. The guy had a full-retard rifle in his back seat that he was using as a display piece and pulled it on the guy. The guy kept charging and said something along the lines of “I’ll kill you for pulling a gun on me”. The point is, people are fucking batshit and the last thing you want to do is end up in a knife fight with someone crazy enough to willingly enter into a knife fight with you

Rules of knife fighting:
1. Don't.
2. Seriously don't.
3. Even if you "win" you will more likely than not get cut. The severity of those cuts will range from cool scars that will need to be stitched or debilitating injuries that might be fixable after multiple surgeries, all the way up to permanently crippling injuries, death by infection or bleeding out minutes after your opponent does.
4. If you absolutely cannot avoid a knife fight, aggression is your friend. It will help you fight through your opponent to a means of escape.
5. Distance is also your friend. Things like a stick, cane, chair, etc. can all help you intercept the other guy's knife before it cuts you.
6. Disarms are great, but trying them against someone who actively wants you to fail is very different than running a drill with a partner that wants you to succeed.

I recommend you *not* to engage in a knife fighting

This. even the cops have a PSA that tells them if they don't have their gun drawn to run if a guy is coming at you with a knife. You don't fight people with knifes unless to do other wise you will die.

Attached: Glock knife3 (2).jpg (3071x1727, 556K)

No one in this thread knows what they're talking about. Knife fighting is overwhelmingly LARP today and a scam for literal edgelords. I can't find the video but they took an ex-con and had him 'duel' a 'blademaster'. The ex-con did a ferocious rush down stabbing at various vital regions wildly (and dozens of times). The 'blademaster' only landed one strike the the left lower flank of the ex-con. Basically, go fucking crazy like a wolverine on cocaine and stab your way to victory.
The old knife fighters of the 18th and early 19th century all passed silently into legend without ever recording their style or technique. It is largely accepted that 'knife fighting' in that era was based on European fencing but adapted for shorter, heaver knives. From some historical accounts, truly gifted knife fighters would attack the opponents' tendons and circulatory system. They would literally dance circles around you while slashing your arms and legs to ribbons to the point that you were no longer able to move your extremities while actively bleeding to death.
It's a lost art and anyone who claims to know it or be a 'master' of it is more interested in bleeding your bank account to death than teaching you anything of worth.
Buy a gun and lots of ammo and practice a lot.

Attached: bowie circa 1830.jpg (950x600, 61K)

Knives are only good if the other guy doesnt have one or as a last ditch. Get a gun.

1. Buy a gun and train with it.
2. Wear a leather jacket a proper one.
3. Don't carry a knife get yourself a KNOIF.
youtube.com/watch?v=WWl8EbNN8NM
4. Severly fuck them up if you can because winning means they will come back.

Learn boxing or some other sport to get your arm and leg speed up.

You have to remember that the time of legendary knife fighting was concurrent with much less reliable firearms and ammunition. That dynamic does not exist today. Don't be the dunecoon in Indian Jones flashing honed steel just before you get smoked by a Glock 19.
Pic more interesting than related. Bowie disemboweled the bank he slashed in the gut.`

Attached: bowie sandbar.jpg (671x458, 88K)

This is nice too.
The trick with knife fights is catching them off gaurd

Attached: travelers-sword-cane.jpg (600x600, 60K)

Knife is absolutely shitty self-defence weapon.

>Lacks range
which means that you won't stop attacker before he can get to you.

>Is extreamly lethal
Which can be a problem if you live in a place with just slightly stricter self-defence regulations, which can led to manslaughter or similar accusations. Even worse, if you get disarmed.

>lacks shock factor
Which means it's shit at actually stopping the other one from finishing an action. . Even a mortal wound is rarely enough to stop somebody.
One dude from NY was able to run 300 yrds with punctured hear before he collapsed

Better alternatives:
Bat, baton, collapsible staff.
>range, can break bones and cause incapacitating, yet non-lethal injuries.
pepper spray (and similar)
>easy to use, cheap, easily available. Has several other drawbacks, but I'd say it's still better than knife.
tazer
>range, stopping capibility, non-lethal, just make sure you hit.
and obviously, the great equalizer; the gun.

Now another matter:
>knife fights
Ther is no such thing outside controllable envoirments.
And by that I mean martial arts clubs and underground staged fights.
Other than that, it's either:
>assault with knife
where you are unlikely to even see the attacker coming, let alone have time to draw your own weapon.
or
>threatening for the purpose of mugging
in which case either run or drop the wallet and then run.

>It all pretty much boils down to these desu.
>It all pretty much boils down to these thanks.
New here huh?

this

>knife fights
>Ther is no such thing outside controllable envoirments.
nice meme

may not happen in the first world, but doesn't mean it doesn't happen

Attached: 86b469ffc549_sf_6.jpg (398x224, 22K)

Pretty much this.
If you absolutely need a weapon that isn't a gun get a baton or something.

No surprise: run away.
Some surprise: grab and hold onto them with one hand, sewing machine them with the knife in the other.
Big surprise: punch the knife into their neck and rip it out the front; but this isn't self defense - better to run away.

1) most states i did legal council , there is almost no good justification for a cutting, be prepared to go to jail and hope that you are set bond.
2) even if youre the only one with a knife , theres probably a 90% chance youre still going to get cut.

Stitches , HEP, AIDS

>Tips for knife fighting
1. You don't fight with knives. At least not in modern era and not with legal urban carry toothpicks.
2. If somehow you got in a situation when you can't flee, or you know that you may end up in one, be ready to protect yourself: carry a knife with 10-15 cm blade (this gap is just fine for fighting and concealed carry in my country), be ready to use some kind of a shield or second weapon. For example, modern knife fighters in Kali,Colombia wrap t-shirts around their hands and use them as bucklers. Handguards are for pussies that don't know how to hold a knife.
3. Best way to hold the knife is either like on this pic (if that knife has no handguard), or in a fencing grip (similar to the way a V-42 stiletto had to be held).
4. Keep the distance, move in circles, try to get behind the enemy. But if you get a chance, flee.
5. Be prepared that you're gonna get cut at least once. In worst case scenario you may recieve a deadly wound or have your face and hands disfigured forever. On the other side, your enemy is not invincible as well. So, nobody's gonna jump on each other's blade.
Common myth.
Also this. Without practice and cardio trainings you won't learn shit.
>GUN
You forgot SMENS

Attached: Хват_оружия_4.jpg (564x423, 51K)

>. Basically, go fucking crazy like a wolverine on cocaine and stab your way to victory.
100% sure way to die. The idea of knife fighting is to stay alive at all costs. And I doubt that that ex-con would run head on against an opponent armed with a wooden or aluminum training knife.
>The old knife fighters of the 18th and early 19th century all passed silently into legend without ever recording their style or technique
Manual del baratero: ó arte de manejar la navaja, el cuchillo y la tijera de los jitanos. 1849

technique for dealing with a knife or other blade, from a black belt marital arts master:

this clip is 100% accurate and the absolutely correct defense method.

Attached: defence against a blade.gif (720x404, 3.51M)

Just use a longsword bro

In a knife fight. You're both going to get cut.
The difference between who wins and loses, is who just gets cut on the arm and who gets stabbed in the gut.

came here to post this.

Using your clothes, your belt or anything you can grab in your free hand as an improvised shield, is old as time. "Rapier" comes from "ropera" (clothed) a spanish term to call a sword because it was a standard style to use your cloack wrapped over your free hand as a shield, when fencing for real.
I think that in real life, better than carry a knife is to carry cutproof clothes, even if just a glove (although good luck putting it if you dont already wear it). There are cutproof sleeves, that are even mor usefull.

>Using your clothes, your belt or anything you can grab in your free hand as an improvised shield, is old as time.
Indeeed. If I'm not mistaken, some of the ancient roman sources mention this fact.
>Rapier" comes from "ropera" (clothed) a spanish term to call a sword because it was a standard style to use your cloack wrapped over your free hand as a shield,
Not quite. Espada ropera means "clothing sword", a sword that was carried with a suit, not with armor.
And when rapier carry became outlawed for people not from noble estate, they turned to navajas and big knives.
>I think that in real life, better than carry a knife is to carry cutproof clothes
And a stick. Or a tear gas/gel.

Attached: 065double20.jpg (1000x667, 99K)

>Tips for knife fighting
Don't.

i have checked wiki, and You are right about ropera being called that way because it was carried with a suit, and i was wrong. Sorry, my fault

The trick to winning is having the longer knife, so use a sword.

>knives have no place in combat
>which is why they're taught in use for combat

youtu.be/bAU33jYa-yE

>muh fiction movie as a source on RL specops training
Come on, dude. The entire movie was a product placement for Tom Brown Tracker. You could post a knife fight from The Expendables with the same point. And it would make as much sense.
In modern warfare knives have lost their meaning as a killing tool in the same time engineers have managed to mass-produce reliable (unlike soviet Bramit), relatively small (unlike Brandenburg 800's suppressed Erma EMP) and cleanable suppressors with decent sound suppression.

You're just mad you didn't get the special knife training. Knife training is real, deal with it.

>how do I knife fight
Don't. Seriously. The best self defense is situational awareness and not getting into fights in the first place.

>but I really need to know
Learn the basics of grappling and striking first. If you can't throw a punch or don't know what to do when you hit the ground then you have no buisness getting into fights, or knife fights for that matter. Does this mean you need a black belt in bjj or a decade of boxing. No. it means you should be familiar with both. Apply those techniques with knives. You can practice with rubber knives and your friends.

>In modern warfare knives have lost their meaning as a killing tool
I've met a few door kickers who would disagree with you.

>You're just mad you didn't get the special knife training.
In my country "specops knife fighting" is a meme sentence, because it is overused by martial arts frauds.
>I've met a few door kickers who would disagree with you.
I know a guy from Internal Troops. He is skilled, but he wasn't taught to use knife in service. A common military saying here is: "To engage in a knife fight a soldier should lose his gun, his pistol, his armor vest, grenades, shovel and helmet and find a hostile retard with the same issues".

Always have a jacket or hoodie or some article of clothing you can take off quick. Once they start stabbing or swiping, wrap that fucker around the blade. You're still probably gonna bleed, but at least it won't be out of your heart or your eye socket. In the off chance you encounter someone who truly knows how to fight with a knife, I doubt this method is gonna help a whole bunch, and you're truly probably fucked, but then how many people you randomly encounter on the street today really know how to properly fight with a knife???? GL

>Internal Troops
Russia?

>He is skilled, but he wasn't taught to use knife in service.
Neither were any of the other guys I know. Most of what they were taught was stuff they learned on their own or some basic "here is how you stab a guy" type stuff. The knife fights that did happen were when a room was breached and a skinny got the bright idea to start a grappling match.

Just dont OP.
A gun is better than a knife
A length of chain is better than a knife
A can of pepper spray is better than a knife
A trashcan lid is better than than a knife
Goddamn it man, a mop handle is better than a knife

Give me the choice between a knife and a thermos of hot soup in a dark alley, I pick the soup every time.

You want a nice casual look. youtube.com/watch?v=kLWvu51Vk4E

yeah because guns are so stealthy and don't alert everyone to your location, idiot.

>Russia
Aye.

your target screaming for help alerts everyone. so do the gunshots from him pumping 9mm or 5.56 into your retarded knife-larping body.

realistically, if your opponent can win by alerting other people, they could just yell for help.
>Even if you kill them afterward, you'll be fucked versus the guys that come to help
Similarly, if you're defending against a mugger or something, then attracting attention can only help you

Cant be getting stabbed if you’re hungry

This. Especially if you're stupid enough to think you can learn to fight by reading about it.

nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifelies.html#RemyPresas

Attached: knife.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

>just use a longsword bro
if its not a claymore it doesnt count as a longsword m8

>Quite honestly what these maestros survived is incredible and is more than worthy of kudos. These older gentlemen survived a totally different culture, socio-economic environment, time and, in some cases, a World War and foreign invasion of their homeland.
Speaking of kali-esgrima, are there any deep studies about its history? Because I've heard several stories about it's deep roots, and the only researcher I know is quite sceptic about philippino MA's past.
He's currently writing a book about Kali and I don't want to wait.

>claymore
>not the basket hilted broadsword which was actually called that
>the two handed sword that wasn't
>somehow the only thing that counts as a longsword

Hi, Shadiversity

>2.64 MB, 320x240
He wouldn't dare going so bold against a wooden tanto.

>Still impaled, Bowie grabbed his opponent's coat, lifted himself off the ground, and sunk his blade heart-deep
God damn Bowie was a fucking beast.

>"To engage in a knife fight a soldier should lose his gun, his pistol, his armor vest, grenades, shovel and helmet and find a hostile retard with the same issues".
I like this Russian wisdom.

>Cardio
>Avoid locations without multiple accesable escape options
>Throw something disposable but heavy towards your attacker to try and force a flinch
>Immediately run to your closest/safest escape route
>If no escape options remain use gun
>If that fails use more gun
>Contact local authorities

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 11K)

Well and that's the thing. That simple rush and stab will kill. The SEAL chopping off the gelatin head on deadliest warrior clip is the same thing. It's why knives are so dangerous. If you've decided and committed, there's not a whole lot the other guy can do to stop it. So if you have a knife and there is a mass shooter. You could kill him. You'll die too. But that's power of a knife. Safe self defense? Fuck no. Ability to kill someone as you die? Yes.

First of all, a knife is not a self defense weapon. From a legal standpoint it looks better to use a pistol in self defense than a knife. Second of all, a knife doesn’t really protect you in any way, it only puts you within the reach of your assailant. A better thing to become proficient with is a high quality stun gun

pumping is the easiest
also you only want to knife fight someone who hasnt a gun or knife

Learning striking and judo would serve you better.
You could defend yourself and not go to jail at the same time.

youtu.be/QHSXZnxLZ0I

Wear punisher skulls, that way people know not to mess with you.

Don't use a knife, like for real even a chair is better than a knife if you are fighting another knife.

Like one of the other anons mentioned, training with some one in disarming alone doesnt provide the best results when applied to the real world.

Step it up and get a thrid person, then you and your sparring partner both bet $100 woth the third person being a ref of sorts. Winner gets the pot. Some of the best training I got was when there was something on the line. Good morale booster when drinks are covered for you if you win.

>Tips for knife fighting.

run away. winning a knife fight means you die in the ambulance instead of on the spot.

what knife?

Stab them to death before they stab you to death. That's it. Knife fighting is not glorious, it's dirty, you'll get cut. Avoid it.

>From a legal standpoint it looks better to use a pistol in self defense than a knife.

Interesting. In my jurisdiction (Eastern Europe) it's different; there is a legal doctrine called "proportionate self defense" according to which you should use a force equal to your attacker, so if your assailant uses bare hands, you can defend yourself the same way, if they use a melee weapon, you can use one too, and when they have a gun, you can shoot them. Otherwise, you need a very good lawyer who will argue using a more lethal weapon was proportional (e.g. old guy with a revolver against a gym bull with a baseball bat).

Wrapping a t shirt around your arm takes time you probably don't have. Do they make armored sleeves or something? Something you could have on all the time.

You can't /thread your own post, tard.

Any kind of cloth will do actually. Colombians wrap t-shirts, because that's all they wear.
But, just in case, they sell cut-resistant sleeves

Theoretically we burgers have that too. Folk wisdom is that despite this judges and juries see knives as sinister and will throw the book at you.

The real issue for the US, since most of our cases never reach a jury, is does a prosecutor see a knife and go "nope, charge him". If the prosecutor doesn't buy your "it was self defense, I will fully cooperate and I'd like to talk to my lawyer to do so" then you're looking at an expensive 2-5 year ordeal.

Here's how you actually get out alive
>accept you're going to be cut, but don't go into it wanting to get cut
>don't "sacrifice a limb" to get a kill, that's how you bleed out and die like a bitch without everyone knowing what a bad motherfucker you are
>carry a knife that you want to, this isn't the 1800s so anything with a blade length of over an inch is lethal
>that being said, carry one that you can get out and ready in a flash, I suggest a fixed blade in a horizontal sheath for the extra concealment points
>practice getting the knife from sheath to hand above all else
>light grappling is magic
>nigs almost always put their knife hand in front of them, if you are fast enough you can grab that hand with your off hand
>normal striking is encouraged provided you aren't retarded
>if the guy is coming at you and you aren't already drawn and ready, a teep kick will grant you the distance to draw
>if he is coming at you from behind, congrats on your situational awareness. now die
>have your knife hand and off hand side by side with knife hand slightly in the lead, this prevents your opponent from grabbing your hand
>don't run unless you are Usain Bolt
>seriously, you will get stabbed in the kidney and you will die, niggers are almost always faster than you
>don't stand still, keep mobile
>stab or slash at anything that comes into your bubble
>if you win there is probably going to be more people out there that either want to kill you for that homie you just deleted, or to prove that they are a bad motherfucker
>ice pick grip=suicide
>holding a knife with both hands like that nervous anime protagonist=suicide with slightly lower success rate
>the only way to disarm is stabbing the fucker in the wrist. period
t. someone with too much experience in knife fighting

Attached: stickman.gif (640x360, 2.52M)

By the way, this is not a complete list of what you should and should not do. Imagine what other people are saying, think "if someone used that technique on me, what would I do?" and if the answer is "stab them in the neck they just exposed" then it's probably not a realistic threat

>stab proof vest
>saw
>???
>profit

A knife is a tool, not a weapon. It can be used as a weapon, but so can a hammer or a screwdriver. I once came across a site called "no nonsense self defense" or something like that. It basically said (among other things) that there is really no such thing as a knife fighter. There is however such a thing as a knifer, which is someone who attacks someone with a knife. This is pretty much what prison "knife fighting" is. You're not fighting someone, you're attacking them or trying to escape being attacked.

A description like this loses to incorporate the sports knife fighting and historical knife fighting.