Why don't you own a 20 gauge break action

Why don't you own a 20 gauge break action

Attached: Winchester_Model_37A_Rob_Mclaine.jpg (4356x891, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GguN4KyGQCM&t=200s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I own a pump.

I think the only reason to own a break action is to own a 10,8,6,4... gauge or a .410 w/ .22 alternate barrel.

But I do

Because I don’t want one. I might get a double barrel 12 gauge but I don’t really shoot my Mossberg enough to justify another shotgun.

Grandma bought one at the grocery store about 45 years ago and we still have it. Grandpa didn't give many shits so its very rusty.

Because i have a .410 break action.

Because I have a 12g one

Attached: ants.jpg (960x720, 97K)

I have a Pardner stagecoach 20 guage somebody gave me years ago. Never use it.

Because I have a 12 gauge over and under that is too expensive to shoot. But it's SOOO pretty. And sadly, locked up at my parent's house because too poor for gunsafe and it's too fucking long to hide.

20 gauge is retarded. I might own a revolver or handgun chambered in that, but that's about all. If I'm going with a coach gun, it's going to be chambered in the true perfection that is 16 gauge, and anyone who disagrees has either never used one or can eat me.

Attached: 1553226663550.jpg (1682x1088, 745K)

>The true perfection that is 16 guage

Amen, brother

I did, but I gave it to a girl that didn't have a shotgun. I had a 12ga single shot too, but I gave that to a girl who didn't have a shotgun for a housewarming/birthday present.

Now I'm on the hunt for a Cooey 84.

Attached: DSCN0285_master.jpg (768x1046, 175K)

why my dewd, how the fuck could that be better then a 12 or 20?

I do.
It weighs like 3lbs tops, has a hard butt, and I put a 20g 3" prairie load in for newer shooters to hurt themselves with before taking out a heavy auto loading 12g and mag dumping to impress them

its more obscure so they think it makes them special

>how the fuck could that be better then a 12 or 20?
Simple. It splits the difference between them. Lighter and easier to point than a 12, but has larger payloads than a 20.

That said, 16 is impractical unless you shoot enough to load for yourself. The ammo availability sucks, especially compared to the selection can get with modern 12ga.

Were 16ga coach guns even a thing? Back in the Stagecoach days the 10ga was the "standard" shotgun.

Because I have a 16 gauge break action.

Suppose I do own a 20ga.

Cuz I got a 12 gauge o/u on the cheap

Yes 16 ga coach guns were a thing, if you wern't guarding a payroll train.
16 was cheaper, lighter and worked just as well when used as 12.
But what makes the 16 shine is its pattern.
12ga is fine but the extra shot is mostly wasted anyway.

i guess i can see that, that the only reason why i love my 12 ga, i can always find ammo and there is a good variety. the 20 is not that abundent and usally more expensive in my area and i can count the time ive seen 16 on one hand and its only that yellow cased federal shit

I can see that patterning is important for hunting or shooting clays, but who gives a fuck for a close-range self defense weapon, especially one where you aren't likely to be firing birdshot anyway.

What historic 16ga coach guns have you seen? I follow the auction circuit pretty closely and while I've seen plenty of 10 and a few 12 ga coach guns, I've never come across a 16. I'm sure they existed, but I'm skeptical that they were common enough to be a thing.

Years ago, before the advent of modern powders and wads, the differences between the various gauges were a lot more pronounced. You got a very shitty pattern unless you stuck with a very specific charge weight. Back then the option of a "lighter load" or a "heavier load" wasn't very practical so you changed guns instead. But modern tech has made 12ga incredibly flexible. You can get anything from super light trainer loads with half an ounce up through 3.5" super magnums that are pushing 2oz of shot.

Mines 12g, but it's turkshit.
I could probably sell it for 150 or less. Any better 12g break actions I could trade it for?

>Why don't you own a 20 gauge break action
Because I own three 12 ga break-action guns and prefer a 12. Two are S/S and one is O/U

I do

But I do

Because I'm much happier with my mossberg 500 pump with a left ejection port

Because I have a 12 gauge but it has a 2 3/4" chamber.

>look up single shot 12ga
>expect $100 poorfag guns that would be fun to play around with
>all of the ones on gunbroker are $300+
what the fuck is going on

>yfw that is the shotgun from Evil Dead 1

Attached: 800px-Evil_dead2.jpg (800x430, 182K)

You can buy poorfag ones too. It is just some companies make ones for Clays which are nicer than pumps/normal 1 shots but don't cost as much as an O/U

>tfw S/S are always over priced.

I have my fathers childhood shotgun from the 50s. single shot. pretty cool...i guess to me because sentimental value.

I would like a pawn shop piece of shit to shoot random stuff out of like demo ranch though

Because they're useless for any sort of tactical situation

With that logic you can make the argument that it’s heavier than a 20 and less powerful than a 12

why not 12 gauge

Its good for killing deadites

I do. Anyone else here sad H&R seems to have given up the ghost?

Because i have a 20ga pump action

why?

I wanted a Mossberg 500 so I can hunt one day and have trench gun w/ bayonet the next.

Are 20 gauge shells always yellow? On imfdb it says they must be using a 20 gauge because yellow shells.

Also how good is #3 buck 20 gauge ?

Attached: 800px-Evil_dead5.jpg (800x430, 159K)

Yes, 20ga is always yellow because it is possible to accidentally load it into a 12ga, where it will slide down the barrel but the rim will engage with the throat of the chamber allowing a 12ga shell to be chambered behind it. Since the 20ga shell is now a bore obstruction (with powder no less) this can blow the gun up.

youtube.com/watch?v=GguN4KyGQCM&t=200s

It was the gun my father had, and was passed on to me

they used to be red but there were more than a few incidents of people mistakenly putting 12ga in a 20ga gun and blowing it up so they changed the shell colour to yellow, making it easier to distinguish

I'm a 12 gauge guy, I've always felt it was good to shoot so I'm Ok with shooting the heavier stuff, not sure I'd be really interested in a 20 gauge anything at this point.