Whats the best AP pistol cartridge?

whats the best AP pistol cartridge?

Attached: SB-762x25-TOKarov-s-o__13033.1548562453.jpg (1000x790, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VWlk1Y3bjZI
youtube.com/watch?v=PTnCNx1OTZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=PbhfMUU9QMc
youtube.com/watch?v=hBcEf-4mET4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

5.7x28mm

i heard it wasnt consistently AP tho

Depends on level of armor

Not .357sig? 65gr memedrivers do just as good as the civilian 5.7x28 rounds.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure OP is technically correct, though not with the big slow projectiles in his picture. Pic related, but loaded with 5.7mm tungsten carbide rods, is better than anything you can buy in 5.7.

Attached: 223_timbs_master_race.jpg (660x371, 22K)

>no .224 Boz
>no .22 TCM
>no 4.6x30 HK
>no 6.5 CBJ
All of these have had some serious AP ammo development, either tungsten or hardened steel penetrators. True AP, not and his "65gr memedriver" bullshit, capable of penetrating some hard armor and not some 30 year old soft armor some fat cop sweated in for his entire career and is badly degraded.

Is that second one in from the left still a tok case? I've been wondering if I can sabot load those.

No. It's either .30 Mauser or .30 Luger.

good question how about 3A?

dumb question but how "well" do sabots work?

22lr, aim for the face. Will bounce around inside the skull

It's consistent if you buy the AP ammo. You can't buy it from the factory because they don't sell AP bullets to civilians. But you can buy it if you're a cop. You can also buy it from cops that sell it.

6.5mm CBJ

Best part is that it uses 9mm as a parent case, so the only thing you need to do to convert any 9mm SMG or pistol to fire it would be a barrel swap.

If NATO wasn't so busy pretending that Sweden doesn't exist, we'd all be using it right now and the P90/MP7 would be nothing more than forgotten weapons.

looks about mm shorter at the neck from a glance so no

how hard is it to get? should it be considered in a realistic comparison if you need to jump through hoops to get it?

its longer than a 9mm tho wouldnt that complicate a conversion? (19mm vs 25 mm length)

Attached: russian9s.jpg (602x343, 26K)

I don't know, I've never tried to get them.

how did this do in testing?

only if you think about it

Attached: 1551377356788.jpg (487x644, 76K)

no that's the case length, the OAL is the same

Underwood 10mm 100gr

Attached: [email protected] (801x602, 35K)

No. .30 luger is 7,65x21 Only two millimeters longer than 9x19. That second ammo is lot longer. I would say it is 7,62 Tokarev

nice that makes sense

Take it from an AR fag who has had to become very aware of his 300blk and 5.56 magazine organization. That easy conversion comes at a price.
Be absolutely sure it's not possible to accidentally chamber a 9mm in the 6.5mm barrel.

From a quick search, they look fantastic, but don't seem to be for sale anywhere. Did they died?
>Solid tungsten with plastic sabot.
I mean, I'm not surprised if they did. That's a bit too Gucci for a bullet.

It's not for sale because the people who make it are only offering it to Military & Police

Gaaaaaaaaaaay.

Attached: 1309476946593.jpg (1375x1589, 343K)

.45 acp

If it was good enough for 2 world wars it's good enough for me, and they don't make a .46.

Attached: 20190325_174103.jpg (776x1040, 150K)

>At first says it should have replaced the 5.7x23.
>CBJ is even bigger faggots about it than FN is about their ammo.
>Won't even sell the standard, non-AP versions of the caliber to free people.
NATO isn't the problem here.

Talk to the Swedes, not me.

Attached: 1553487067069.png (1383x1487, 2.16M)

Maybe some time after Sweden is re-claimed from Africa, someone will find the concept and not be so stingy with it.

>no .22 TCM
>tungsten or hardened steel penetrators
Details? Assuming you don't mean "bubba grabbed some green tips and made him up a batch of extra-spicy handloads", I'd like to know more. The barrels for that caliber are normally too slow-twist to stabilize any proper AP bullet I'm aware of, so I'm curious what they did -- custom bullets, or custom barrels.

>some 30 year old soft armor some fat cop sweated in for his entire career and is badly degraded.
Why not just ask for proofs instead of making shit up?
Even the 9mm version penetrates new, unabused IIIA:
youtube.com/watch?v=VWlk1Y3bjZI
And out of a 9" PCC (practically as fast as .357sig out of a 4.5" pistol barrel), it also penetrates the Hybrid armor that stopped it in that video:
youtube.com/watch?v=PTnCNx1OTZ0

No, it's not "real AP"; I never said it was. But you can buy it off the shelf and it's just as good as any other pistol ammo you can buy off the shelf, and a lot more sensible comparison than .22 WMR etc. that guy mentioned.
6.5 CBJ and .224 Boz, you can't buy at all.
.22 TCM, you sure can't buy whatever AP you're talking about.
5.7x28 and 4.6x30, you can't buy AP.
As I'm sure you're aware, the "LEO only" SS198LF is not real AP; it delivers the same performance as 65gr 9mm in the first video above (penetrates Rimelig, stopped by Hybrid), and thus is inferior to 65gr .357sig, here's proofs:
youtube.com/watch?v=PbhfMUU9QMc
youtube.com/watch?v=hBcEf-4mET4

Yes, it's called .223 Timbs, and it's just 7.62x25 with a .224 bullet in a sabot. (The cartridges aren't lined up in the picture, so don't try to compare dimensions directly.)
It's designed to run in unmodified CZ-52s, so they used a 50gr soft-point; CZ-52 barrels don't have enough twist to stabilize a 55gr M193 bullet.

ahem

Attached: thv-poster-big.jpg (616x436, 94K)

Easy as fuck. Just buy online most if not all ammo sites have it

does this actually work?

A Spanish company was contracted to make a true AP .22tcm for gendarmerie use, they baked up a 32gr tungsten cored flat base bullet for it. Supposedly it will penetrate the various euro hybrid rifle plates out to around 35m when fired from a 4.5" barrel (they were to use it in converted machine pistols, and the demo gun was a Glock 18C).

I don't know if it got beyond proof of concept though because I never heard of any of the various euro gendarmeries adopting it. Probably not, because they were either lying out their asses about velocity, or running them at insane pressures. IIRC they were claiming 2600fps from a 4.5" barrel, compared to "normal" .22tcm at 2000fps from a 5" barrel.

There are enough commercially produced .224" AP bullets out there that if someone wanted to load their own, or a startup wanted to market it to mil/leo, it would be pretty simple load development.

>32gr tungsten cored
>2600fps from a 4.5" barrel
Nice.
But I agree, that's either wishful thinking or a wee bit overpressure.

Civil liberty 9mm will penetrate level 3a, thats all you need. 5.7 if you wanna be a meme

9x25 Dillon shooting meme rounds (copper, etc)

9mm loaded with hardened tool steel slugs in a copper jacket.

just googled, very cool