Noguns here...

Noguns here, is pulling the slide of a handgun back to put rounds into chamber an acceptable way to reload if you don't have spare magazines?

Attached: slus-20765-game-ss-10.jpg (627x353, 54K)

what?

absolutely user. don't let the fags on here tell you otherwise

Better than nothing

Yeah. I can't figure out what they're talking about either.

Attached: 1516148661086.jpg (880x587, 118K)

ow my brains

Extremely inefficient and you'll likely get shot, but yes.

yes, you'd just have to have the mag that you DO have in the gun be empty so that the slide locks back.
>fire bullet
>slide locks
>load bullet
>release slide
>fire bullet
>repeat
another advantage is you can now justify wearing a bullet belt which will act as a psychological attack on your adversary as they will think you're an experienced gunfighter

Sure one at a time but why? Just reload the mag you have

You'll find it's nearly impossible for any single-feed pistol, i.e. nearly every modern pistol. It works great with clip-fed pistols (mauser etc).

Reminder that guns that wont fire without a magazine are gay and will get you killed if you ever had to do this.

1 in a million larp situation but why have such a shitty 'feature'

That game was awesome. I liked how you had to reload guns and do other stuff in real time, as monsters were shambling about. The only part I would have done differently would have been that you'd have one or two spare mags for handguns, like you could get one in the first scenario- but they wouldn't be part of your primary inventory. Neither would the equipped gun for that matter. So you'd have to find a place away from combat to reload your gun magazines.

As for whether it's a good idea to reload each bullet into a gun with its magazine in it, no not really. You'd take the magazine out and reload it, then you put it back in and cock the slide.

Ok I can figure what you mean. You want to treat mag fed gun like it's a fixed mag gun.

If that guns designed for it, sure. But almost all guns are designed to be only one style, and honestly if you're out of spare mags you were more than likely not carrying around loose ammo. Even if you did, you're much better of emptying out the magazine, reloading the magazine, then putting it back in.

Attached: SteyrHahn2-1-920x690.jpg (920x690, 134K)

>nearly impossible
It's not, though. You don't have to insert it in the magazine, just drop the cartridge into the chamber, and let the extractor snap over it when the slide slams closed.
Some guns the extractor won't hold up long under such treatment, but usually it's okay for at least dozens of rounds.
If you have a gun with a finicky extractor, then you can baby it by easing the slide down into contact, then slapping it with the heel of your hand to pop it over the rim, rather than letting it slam forward and bear the impact of the whole slide.

>just drop the cartridge into the chamber
Oh shit I read it as "charge the magazine from the ejection port" but he literally just means dropping single rounds into the chamber. Obviously that works fine. People meme about the extractor but people meme about all kinds of shit.

Based on the screenshot from resident evil outbreak, I'm pretty sure he means reloading the magazine while it's in the gun.

what

ITT: People who can't read

Acceptable? I mean if your situation is that desperate you are probably going to die. So no. It is not acceptable.
For just range time? I dont see why you wouldnt just reload the same magazine. This question is fucking stupid and so are you.

Not really acceptable but you can do it. It puts a lot of stress on the extractor claw though and if you do it enough it can break.

Well....i guess you can, i dont know why you would though. I suppose if you only have one magazine and you're in the middle of a gun fight, you could atleast load a round into the chamber so you have one shot to defend yourself while you load your magazine

Assuming you have no magazine at all (like you only had one and it fell off a cliff or something) then yes. That's basically the only way. Your pistol is now a glorified single shot.

If you have magazines, but they are all empty it is better to find some cover and try to stuff as many rounds into one as possible since it is much better than having just the one. It's kind of a fringe and really bad situation though.

They say there's no such thing as stupid questions but this is pushing it.

Attached: clean your room.jpg (495x489, 19K)

Okay faggot op here's what I do
I load the chamber first, release slide from lever.
Then I load the mag into the gun.
Inb4 someone fights me over this

No it's not acceptable