M&P 15 sport II

Looking for an AR. We can't assemble here in west euroland and this AR here is priced at 1300 euros.
No fancy ARs available on the market. Might spend some time in a grave in case gun laws go to shit.
Is it viable for SHTF purposes?
Alternatives in this price range?

Attached: M&P_Logo_2012.jpg (1950x1125, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4GvVYNQbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're very reliable.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4GvVYNQbc

Where in Europe? I know some companies that gucci AR15s like Oberland RAms and Schmeisser GmbH but I bet they will be more expensive. We can get the M&P15 for like a third of the price here. It's a fine rifle but it hurts to see someone have to pay that much for one. You might just want to spend a little more if you have the option.

It’s fine. The biggest disadvantage you’ll actually feel is gonna be the gas system, it’s carbine not mid length. Other than that and the handguard it’s mostly smaller QoL stuff

>RAms
Arms*

I know, everything costs 3x in Italy. At least they're not banned. (Still)

The M&P Sport is fine for it's price, just keep in mind it's a budget gun so the quality control won't be much.

What's wrong with the gas system?

Learn to read, dipshit. The other user said it's a carbine-length gas system. Mid-length is more desirable.

Phone posting is shit.
Is this solvable by choosing a longer/shorter barrel version?
I was going for 12.5"

They sell 12.5" M&Ps?

If you want to go that short carbine length is actually better but for a 16 inch barrel you would ideally want a mid-length gas system.

For what its worth 5.56 performs better out of longer barrels.

Yes they do.
Local vegetation is low bushes full of thorns, longer guns get constantly caught. Could do with a 14.5" maybe, bit longer than that it becomes a noise generator.

You should get it then just to show off to us americans to make us jealous. Most of us need special paperwork and some states don't allow any rifles at all with barrels below 16 inches so they are more rare over here.

I will, but I'd trade a short barrel for 2A any time.

it's a good rifle OP, S&W makes a good AR-15 that is accurate and reliable, and the trigger is great for a stock trigger once it breaks in after 500 rounds. I got a S&W AR the day I turned 18 and have been shooting it as my main rifle for 9 years. I have swapped the gas block for a low profile one and put a rail on it but other than that it is stock and it still shoots about 1.4 MOA after 15k rounds, with many of them shitty steel case. I highly recommend getting the M&P-15 instead of the sport II, as you will get a better barrel and build quality, but either way you can't go wrong with S&W.

Attached: block2ish.jpg (2048x1152, 324K)

All I've heard that is problematic with them is that they might be overgassed.

If you get a shorter barrel that is just something you have to deal with. It is going to increase the wear on your gun no matter what.

This I love my M&P 15. Bought it as my first rifle.

i have one, got it for like 600 burger bux. It's a good gun, no frills but it will work just about as well as someone's gucci ar with a free floating barrel and fancy rubberized stock and grip. 1300 euros seems very expensive for a sport II though, but what do i know about euro pricing.
But yes, it's a good gun. Train with it and you'll be formidable

1000-1300 is an entry level rifle.
You can get a chinese AR for 800-900 but the used market is flooded with them. People sell them after 200 shots. Smells fishy, and a chinese AR sounds just wrong.

We are lacking mid-end ARs, nobody has them in stock and ordering guns here is an impossible task, I learnt this from previous experiences.

1300 euros is a fucking steal. First off it's fucking Euros why wouldn't you want to get rid of them for something more valuable. I have a hard time believing you live in a place that uses euro's and can buy those. The Euro is a half assed attempt at acting like the US bill, except it's politically the opposite of what the US did for politics to get a unified currency. Christ Europe is in a new dark age if you really need to question if your euro's are worth an AR. You should really consider immigration.

Speaking of steals, I paid 600 euros for my Ruger GP100 with 6" barrel.
Guns are a relatively small market in Italy compared to the US, I'm pretty sure that even italian made guns cost less in the US.
The Countries in the east that maintained their currencies are much cheaper to live in, it's like less than half the price for everything.
I lived in Hungary for a while, and I travel to Eastern countries when I get tired of paying 5 euros for a beer. Or when I want to shoot full automatic.
At the moment I don't feel like leaving permanently.

It will actually be louder with a shorter barrel. But please get a 12.5 because I want to know what that looks like. S&W doesn’t sell a rifle in that configuration here as far as I know.

For what it’s worth, if the laws constituting what part of the AR is actually the “gun” and what is a non-entity part are the same, you can order all the parts you would need to make the rifle as high quality as you want. The lower receiver on a Sport II is just as good as any other lower receiver on the market; if you don’t care about having a flared mag well (you shouldn’t)

The M&P is by far the best option for a budget AR. Haven't had any real problems with mine. Just be sure to change your heandguard before firing as the one that comes attached is just plastic without any aluminum shielding whatsoever.

That I can do without buying.

Attached: Smith-Wesson-S.W.A.T.-MP-15-4.jpg (3035x812, 1M)

Every part of the gun is a gun part except the magazine. Which you can buy online.
Extractors and other small pieces are a grey area.
Spare barrels need to be registered. But they are not easy to obtain if the only importer hasn't them in stock.
There is a hole in the law about silencers which leaves space to "creative interpretations".

I saw it catching fire on youtube. This one has an aluminum floating hand guard, but I don't know if it's heat shielded.

One of the LGS by me has police trade ins for 425. Deal or no deal? they're the basic handle rail instead of iron sights type

What you're okay shelling out 600 for a pistol you can't conceal but not twice as much for a rifle. Rifles well forget it you're italian you don't have a good history with rifles it'd be pointless for me to try to make a point about it. What do they call a euro fudd, john? John, rifles are worth more than pistols.

If your chink guns are anything like ours, they are probably much better. See norinco

Rifles are worth double. I can see that.

I can get a Norinco M4 for 800-900, is it better than an M&P?

Spend 1.3k euro on moving to the US

no

Fuck this rifle and anyone praising it. It’s so shitty that the only thing that remains on mine is the upper and lower.

Barrel is different
Buttstock is different
Handguard is different

It's perfectly fine at it's price. If you wanted a nicer AR you should have just bought one.

Haha it looks like I'm not somalian or mexican enough to become an US citizen.

If they start allowing white likeminded Europeans in, and there will still be a non-detroit-like place to live, I might give it a think.
Otherwise it's eastern Europe for me. I can also bring guns with me because EU.

You'll probably have an easier time
Just be college educated and show you'll contribute to the economy

As much as I’m sure we would love more sane and regular persons of European descent in the US it is actually really difficult for them to come here. I am friends with a Polish PhD who has become an American citizen after doing post doctoral research here for 10 years. He had his PhD before coming here and said it has been so difficult to actually become a citizen for him but at the citizenship ceremony there were dozens of Mexicans and no whites.

I'd get it. S&W is still probably going to honor a warranty and the carry handles are more durable and aesthetic than the MBUS version that they charge for 500 new.