Why don't modern armies sing marching songs like their predecessors?

Why don't modern armies sing marching songs like their predecessors?
>youtu.be/e5tEoIrXK6o

Attached: Singing_GIs.jpg (650x520, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1nehkhIOa-0
youtube.com/watch?v=YNrydo3saMw
youtube.com/watch?v=Omud5vMrb-I
youtu.be/s2f5pJ3aoU0
youtube.com/watch?v=QC6-AhOmnCk
youtube.com/watch?v=xXjXmvy-c34
youtube.com/watch?v=H8slqbNdacM
youtu.be/921z4LAHvak
youtu.be/OpGNKO6wz10
youtube.com/watch?v=ozM2ZO04KJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably because no modern army marches anymore, they're all mechanized.

...they still do

The advent of recorded music/popular, the radio and later portable music players killed off oral tradition folk music, singing at work and song creation within a couple generations.

Because it's gay
You think those dudes in your pic want to be singing some stupid song or was it a great idea their PL came up with? The enlisted man cares about few things other than chow, sleep, and the availability of hookers.
You only still do that stuff in like boot camp/entry level training.
Fuck the enlisted

Marching with my homies while singing gucci gang and shit

Lmao my knees and back disagree

>t. Neverseved

In war it's all mech. In training it's all on foot so we have that capability if need be. There's a reason the late iraq vets say that shit was super skate.

Can you fucking imagine a modern military writing new songs? Especially the US?

Attached: ?q=70&w=1440&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F12%2Fsword-to (1440x810, 106K)

we sang this sometimes
youtu.be/1nehkhIOa-0

We sang some absolute classics during conscription.

youtube.com/watch?v=YNrydo3saMw

Because nationalism isn't really a thing anymore, which is the root of all of those old songs.
Plus most modern infantrymen probably think they're above it like a bunch of kids that are "too cool for school."

Attached: Union_Line_vs_ CSA_Line.jpg (1400x834, 258K)

We do. Except it will usually be one dude that starts with SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME....
And then it turns into a shit show.

cadence motherfucker

exactly, the fuck you think cadences are op?

youtube.com/watch?v=Omud5vMrb-I

Marching songs have always been part of war, it's a morale boost, and tends to indimidate the enemy. Music helps make boring or stressful moments easier to bear.
Eve. Romans had marching songs, and Greeks probably did as well.

You do cadence in boot camp or whatever your indoctrination period is called and then rarely once you're out. Generally, it's some new boot O1 or a gunny straight off the drill field who will make you sing when marching or running, so it becomes associated with authority and "mandatory fun." Every once in a while though it can be nice and lighten the mood.
One time we had a 10 mile hike on a Friday morning and of course everyone was pretty unhappy about it. Then, one of the guys stsrted singing "Friday" and we all joined in until a gunny told us to lock it up. After that we would occasionally hum that song from the Army commercials as a joke. So, singing can be a great pick-me-up, as long as it isn't an officer or a staff NCO who starts it.

We sung them in military school. Not sure if that counts. Even learned "Im a good ol rebel" and "dixie" from it along with more traditional marching/running songs

Reminds me of singing The Bonnie Blue Flag with my buddies on deployment.
None of us were southern born, but we still loved it.

What is France
youtu.be/s2f5pJ3aoU0

This.
And the ones that still came through like "napalm sticks to kids" are frowned upon by the brass and heavy rocker holders.

>none for the belgians 'cause they're shirkers
youtube.com/watch?v=QC6-AhOmnCk

Esprit de corps and nationalism is bad goy

lol what the FUCK is that thing

They've got something like that. youtube.com/watch?v=xXjXmvy-c34

youtube.com/watch?v=H8slqbNdacM

french lyric is "Ce sont des tireurs au cul", which apparently means "they are ass shooters". belgebros put down your chocolate and small children and explain

a space force marine sword prototype

Attached: 1534905515195.jpg (657x527, 49K)

The Order of the Sword, aka Officers in the USAF self-congratulating themselves with swords they designed and get given to them in a big ceremony.

>the look on that woman's face is one of sheer confusion and cringe

Attached: 111213-F-EW478-963.jpg (2231x1487, 1.09M)

youtu.be/921z4LAHvak

I DONT WANT NO TEENAGE QUEEN

>Can you fucking imagine a modern military writing new songs? Especially the US?
a marching soundcloud rap

GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG (brrrrt)

"What the fuck is going on?"

Attached: Capture.png (202x203, 121K)

It's so tacky that I think I like it.

Reminds me of wrestling and all the stupid shit they would pull off.

I know it's hindsight, but considering the enormous about of planes that were scarped immediately after WWII.

youtu.be/OpGNKO6wz10

They should've kept some propellers. They'd make a way better ceremonial gift for a USAF dude than an anime sword.

Attached: best-years-of-our-lives-derry-in-airplane-boneyard-1.png (720x540, 221K)

"I don't want to talk about it."

Attached: idwttai.jpg (726x825, 109K)

It's just a shame

Too short and too adlibed

Hmm so if anything a song for a specific unit should be given to them and then not forced upon them? I've been reading old war accounts and it seemed like old songs really boosted their morale when they were in the shit. I'm a neverserved so I guess I don't care too much it just seems like a cool thing that's gone now.

that is bretty cool

dumb as shit

That is shameful

this guy gets it

lmao that's so fucking gay. it looks like something you'd win at the fair

YES!

Attached: Order_of_the_Sword_honor_guard.jpg (2100x1500, 597K)

I think I'd rather have a dishonorable discharge than be a part of that..

LOL

Top dollar guys

Not given. If a unit is to sing a song let them sin it themselves. My lieutenant forced a upon us, but it was quite easy to make new verses so we did. The song was kind of dirty to begin with and it only got worse from then on. He didn't give a fuck.

Aka enlisted are too retarded to understand why learning a song they can sing together would be important.

Nope, the song is meant to create unit cohesion, waste boring time (marching) and have a laugh. Most old songs were about their loved ones back home or dissing the enemy. Same shit people do today.

Used to sing this during conscription, mostly ordered, but we'd launch into song at times just for the hell of it, marching around the base for whatever reason
youtube.com/watch?v=ozM2ZO04KJg

Attached: 1539300926299.png (350x602, 113K)